Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JFH on Goals on Sunday 15:13 - Jan 15 with 2597 viewsBakes

Old Jim was on sky today, feels he deserved more time, admits the football was poor, blamed it on losing Austin, Phillips and Hoilett, had a much easier job at Burton and maybe shouldn't have left but when QPR came in for him he had to go.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10730032/hasselbaink-reflec

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

JFH on Goals on Sunday on 15:23 - Jan 15 with 2564 viewsTGRRRSSS

He only has Austin a very short time didn't? About 2 months?

AS for the other two well he surely knew Hoilett would do very little for the most part and Phillips was always going to leave.

Don't suppose this was the most probing of interviews though being Goals on Sunday.
JFH on Goals on Sunday on 15:47 - Jan 15 with 2488 viewsTacticalR

He is what he is.

Air hostess clique

JFH on Goals on Sunday on 16:03 - Jan 15 with 2401 views2Thomas2Bowles

Like he did not know CA would be leaving at some point
Utter bolx

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

JFH on Goals on Sunday on 16:08 - Jan 15 with 2379 viewsTacticalR

It would have been interesting if they had asked him about Chery, as he said on the Open All R's podcast that Chery was the centrepiece of the team.

Air hostess clique

JFH on Goals on Sunday on 16:10 - Jan 15 with 2366 viewsLblock

Was his appearance fee 40k?

Or 50k?

I'm I getting a little warmer?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

JFH on Goals on Sunday on 17:14 - Jan 15 with 2166 viewsnorthampton_hoop

He's just a fat Eddie Murphy.
JFH on Goals on Sunday on 18:41 - Jan 15 with 1904 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Another man who didn't actually do much wrong at QPR, yet fans act as if he was the devil with us.

Good luck to him, didn't work out here, but he did try, and admit that the footie was poor

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

JFH on Goals on Sunday on 19:25 - Jan 15 with 1784 viewskensalriser

JFH on Goals on Sunday on 17:14 - Jan 15 by northampton_hoop

He's just a fat Eddie Murphy.

? Eddie Murphy is funny. Jimmy always looked like he thought his face would fall off if he tried to smile.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

JFH on Goals on Sunday on 19:44 - Jan 15 with 1727 viewsdaveB

He was pretty much spot on about his time with us, admitted we didn't play well enough often enough but he had hoped to get more time
JFH on Goals on Sunday on 19:55 - Jan 15 with 1690 viewsElHoop

When that Telegraph thing was going on Sky were quietly backing him up - interviewing his old boss at Burton and stuff like that. It's as if they already had a relationship with him - perhaps he gave them an inside line at times in return for their help. Same goes for Holloway I would imagine.
JFH on Goals on Sunday on 21:40 - Jan 15 with 1450 viewsGloryHunter

Losing Hoilett ? Did he really say that was part of his problem?
JFH on Goals on Sunday on 22:55 - Jan 15 with 1345 viewsfrancisbowles

I often felt and said that they were being pushed too hard in training BUT late winners at Wolves, against Ipswich and that Reading performance, demonstrate that we are now getting the benefit of that fitness.
JFH on Goals on Sunday on 23:13 - Jan 15 with 1313 viewsPunteR

I thought he was quite honest about it all. He said at Burton the ethics and the platform to do well was already there,whereas we were starting from scratch.
Made a good point about the gap between how we were doing things before and how we do things now is massive. There's a big void in between .
I still think he should have been given more time but thats football.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

JFH on Goals on Sunday on 23:55 - Jan 15 with 1234 viewsNeil_SI

The weirdest thing for me about JFH was how he played down his abilities and achievements as a player. He was a fantastic striker who was powerful, had a hell of a shot on him and caused defenders all sorts of problems.

But he spoke about how he had to work really hard because he felt he was not as gifted as other players, and I think he's carried that attitude into his management philosophy. To me, it felt like he was trying to make up his shortcomings as a manager with the "work hard" mantra, where, to succeed in the modern day you have to work hard on top of having that ability.

I think he was too inexperienced for the job needed to be done here, but, I think he did some good work all the same. He has contributed to trying to change the attitude and mentality around the club and help create a hard-working, respectful and disciplined environment, so we've benefited from that even if the performances and results were not there.

But where it looked like it fell down for him, for me, was his inability to recognise when the players were too tired to carry out his desire to play a high pressing game. It looked like the intensity of the training had too much of an effect on the team, because they looked tired and heavy legged in a lot of matches, and that tells you that they didn't get this balance right.

It's easy for inexperienced staff to think that every poor result or poor performance should result in the team training even harder. During JFH's reign, we always looked a bit better and fresher in away matches that I went to, and I often wondered if that was accidental because the travelling time allowed the players to recuperate a little bit more.

It's hard to balance this stuff, of course, but it's also kind of inexcusable at the same time in the modern day. There's a lot of science and advancements made behind physical performance and fitness in sport and football over recent years, and it just didn't look correct while he was here.

And of course, once the players were unable to carry out what he wanted, he didn't really have a backup plan and that lack of Plan B or ability to adapt to a different style is ultimately what cost him his job in the end.
JFH on Goals on Sunday on 00:36 - Jan 16 with 1193 viewskarl

JFH on Goals on Sunday on 23:55 - Jan 15 by Neil_SI

The weirdest thing for me about JFH was how he played down his abilities and achievements as a player. He was a fantastic striker who was powerful, had a hell of a shot on him and caused defenders all sorts of problems.

But he spoke about how he had to work really hard because he felt he was not as gifted as other players, and I think he's carried that attitude into his management philosophy. To me, it felt like he was trying to make up his shortcomings as a manager with the "work hard" mantra, where, to succeed in the modern day you have to work hard on top of having that ability.

I think he was too inexperienced for the job needed to be done here, but, I think he did some good work all the same. He has contributed to trying to change the attitude and mentality around the club and help create a hard-working, respectful and disciplined environment, so we've benefited from that even if the performances and results were not there.

But where it looked like it fell down for him, for me, was his inability to recognise when the players were too tired to carry out his desire to play a high pressing game. It looked like the intensity of the training had too much of an effect on the team, because they looked tired and heavy legged in a lot of matches, and that tells you that they didn't get this balance right.

It's easy for inexperienced staff to think that every poor result or poor performance should result in the team training even harder. During JFH's reign, we always looked a bit better and fresher in away matches that I went to, and I often wondered if that was accidental because the travelling time allowed the players to recuperate a little bit more.

It's hard to balance this stuff, of course, but it's also kind of inexcusable at the same time in the modern day. There's a lot of science and advancements made behind physical performance and fitness in sport and football over recent years, and it just didn't look correct while he was here.

And of course, once the players were unable to carry out what he wanted, he didn't really have a backup plan and that lack of Plan B or ability to adapt to a different style is ultimately what cost him his job in the end.

Good interesting points Neil. He will be a better manager after this spell and many will say its 'the curse' but of course, as a young manager, while he was entrenched in the day to day struggle he wouldnt have been able to see these things so easily.
Players have to be fit but I always take Warnocks point about raising spirits and confidence as being a huge part of his mid season relegation 'recovery' strategy, there has to be a long term football plan but for the short term you just have to have a motivated team. Ollie has probably done that albeit that he has possibly alienated (and moved on) a large part of the squad?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024