Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pep Guardiola is shite 16:31 - Jan 15 with 2449 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well the one that's turned up at Man C is

Everton 4 - City 0

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Pep Guardiola is shite on 16:47 - Jan 15 with 2242 viewsMonahoop

Just another media darling like the morose one at Old Trafford. Personally I'm tiring of City. They've become another 'turn up with the right to win' outfit like their city rivals and Chelsea. All that is wrong with the Premier League.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Pep Guardiola is shite on 16:55 - Jan 15 with 2217 views2Thomas2Bowles

Everton must have been watching us, City had 71% possession lol

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Pep Guardiola is shite on 19:55 - Jan 15 with 2011 viewsdaveB

not sure he is shite, still one of the best managers around imo.

if his strikers took one of the several chances they had at 0-0 they'd have won the game comfortably, he's finding out that a lot of his players are vastly over rated and let him down when things go wrong in a game, was the same last season
Pep Guardiola is shite on 20:30 - Jan 15 with 1946 viewsDWQPR

Pep Guardiola is shite on 19:55 - Jan 15 by daveB

not sure he is shite, still one of the best managers around imo.

if his strikers took one of the several chances they had at 0-0 they'd have won the game comfortably, he's finding out that a lot of his players are vastly over rated and let him down when things go wrong in a game, was the same last season

Over-rated and mercenary more like. Seems to be affecting City in a kind of way that our own crop of overpaid 'superstars' lit up our season a few years back. A bet a few of them have been learning some Chinese proverbs over the last few months such as 'six hundred gland a reek prease'.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Pep Guardiola is shite on 20:32 - Jan 15 with 1934 viewsbosh67

He needs at least 2 seasons to get it right. He will. I reckon the owners will give him time. It took him a bit of time to get the hang of it in Germany and then he was unstoppable.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Pep Guardiola is shite on 20:39 - Jan 15 with 1915 viewstraininvain

City have spent a lot of money to assemble quite an average squad.
Pep Guardiola is shite on 20:43 - Jan 15 with 1899 viewsTacticalR

Time to bring in Pardiola?

Air hostess clique

Pep Guardiola is shite on 22:07 - Jan 15 with 1767 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best manager in my time. Haven't seen as much premier league as many of you have this year, but I hope he'll come good. The man's phenomenal.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Pep Guardiola is shite on 00:22 - Jan 16 with 1671 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Pep Guardiola is shite on 22:07 - Jan 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Best manager in my time. Haven't seen as much premier league as many of you have this year, but I hope he'll come good. The man's phenomenal.

I had all four teams to score today at 5-2.
I certainly didn't expect City to be the one to let me down.
Pep Guardiola is shite on 09:40 - Jan 16 with 1536 viewsfrancisbowles

Agree, Brian. Everyone has ups and downs, this is one of his few downs so far. He will bounce back and if he does leave City they (clubs) will be queuing around the corner with pots of gold to try and get him.
Pep Guardiola is shite on 09:45 - Jan 16 with 1522 viewspaulparker

Really Bri

one man league in Germany , and a 2 horse race in Spain and he still lost a league to Athletico Madrid BTW
spent 170 million this season and yet they look worse than when pelligrini had them
brian clough p1sses all over him as the best manager ever and to a degree Fergie
Pep would never ever win European trophies with Aberdeen & Forest
also a shout to Everton who played 3 English youngsters yesterday Holgate & Davies were excellent & considering this magnificent academy city have you would think they would try some of the kids instead of dross like Toure, Sagna , otemendi ,
I hope they finish 6th or 7th

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Pep Guardiola is shite on 10:56 - Jan 16 with 1465 viewsfrancisbowles

Pep Guardiola is shite on 09:45 - Jan 16 by paulparker

Really Bri

one man league in Germany , and a 2 horse race in Spain and he still lost a league to Athletico Madrid BTW
spent 170 million this season and yet they look worse than when pelligrini had them
brian clough p1sses all over him as the best manager ever and to a degree Fergie
also a shout to Everton who played 3 English youngsters yesterday Holgate & Davies were excellent & considering this magnificent academy city have you would think they would try some of the kids instead of dross like Toure, Sagna , otemendi ,

If it's a 2 horse race in Spain, how come the 3rd horse won???
Pep Guardiola is shite on 10:57 - Jan 16 with 1456 viewsGloucs_R

Really Bri

Did he win the Champions League with either???

Poll: Are we staying up?

Pep Guardiola is shite on 11:52 - Jan 16 with 1419 viewsdaveB

Pep Guardiola is shite on 10:57 - Jan 16 by Gloucs_R

won it twice with Barcelona.

Obviously a very good manager but has taken over a mess at City which I don't think he expected.
Pep Guardiola is shite on 12:10 - Jan 16 with 1391 viewspaulparker

Pep Guardiola is shite on 10:57 - Jan 16 by Gloucs_R

Barca he did but Bayern he didn't , they got stuffed in successive semi finals I think

look that Barca team is one of the greatest ever no doubts about it , he isn't a bad manager but he didn't re invent football either like the press want you to believe , he has one of the best academy's in the world with the richest owners he should be doing a lot better , pellegrini was sacked for far less , bravo is a poor signing and peps mini sulks are starting to show him up big time
a busted flush

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Pep Guardiola is shite on 12:15 - Jan 16 with 1381 viewsTacticalR

When Cruyff was very young Rinus Michels singled him out to talk tactics with, and Cruyff did the same with Guardiola.

'The only thing that I was interested in, other than playing the game, was explaining the tactics we used. Before I got married I didn’t think about the future, I was living my life one day at a time, enjoying myself. I wasn’t interested in the step beyond. I was mad about football and thought playing matches was great, and it didn’t matter to me whether it was in the juniors, the third team or the first.

That didn’t change much even later on, when I played in the big matches, including my debut with the Dutch national team in 1966, and later my first European Cup game. I went out there and played as I always had done. In those days Michels called me a rough diamond, but he always made sure I was involved, such as when he held those separate pre-match discussions about our opponents and our tactics with me. In that way he taught me at a young age to think about team play. I later adapted that same method with players like Marco van Basten and Pep Guardiola. It works in two directions: it’s good for the team and it’s good for the player in question.'

Johan Cruyff, My Turn: The Autobiography, (2016)

Air hostess clique

Pep Guardiola is shite on 13:41 - Jan 16 with 1296 viewsToast_R

Bit of a Damon Hill/Jenson Button. Give them the best car and he'll win a title, otherwise, he's going to struggle.

I wouldn't say Man City is a mess, it's just a squad not as good as 4 or 5 other ones in the league. A mess is what Paul Clement has inherited.
Pep Guardiola is shite on 13:46 - Jan 16 with 1281 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Really Bri

Ya, I think he's superb. Took over a mess at Barca, on and off the pitch and transformed them into the best team I have ever seen. Shipped out the wasters and built a style of football and an unbelievable work ethic. True he had Messi, Xavi and Iniesta but he also had a lot of average players and yet he dominated Real Madrid and made a mug of Mourinho.

He did great work with Bayern as well, most of the players there rate him as the best they worked under.

I think he'll transform City as well if given time.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Pep Guardiola is shite on 14:12 - Jan 16 with 1255 viewspaulparker

Pep Guardiola is shite on 13:46 - Jan 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, I think he's superb. Took over a mess at Barca, on and off the pitch and transformed them into the best team I have ever seen. Shipped out the wasters and built a style of football and an unbelievable work ethic. True he had Messi, Xavi and Iniesta but he also had a lot of average players and yet he dominated Real Madrid and made a mug of Mourinho.

He did great work with Bayern as well, most of the players there rate him as the best they worked under.

I think he'll transform City as well if given time.

if he is given time then maybe he will turn things around , if I were him I would look to develop his youth players as the likes of kolorov, clichy, toure, otemendi , kompany , sagna are just not good enough anymore he has a lad at celtic (Roberts) who could fit in behind aguero if given the right coaching and he has Sane and the lad jesus to come in as well , sterling & de bruyne imo have gone backwards and you would have thought they would have been the two who would have excelled
the problem with pep is he doesn't want to last anywhere that long these days and is already throwing his toys out of the pram I cant see this ending in anything but tears

Pep Guardiola is shite on 14:22 - Jan 16 with 1238 viewsthemodfather

imo , that means little but hey ho, any of us could manage a top team, with a decent coach and get results with the squads/players prem clubs have.
some may be succssful elsewhere but the english leagues even today are tougher, faster and more physical.
so many top managers blag it and earn fortunes, take no blame and any credit...ie harry! big sam (how lucky can a man get?? sacked by england and back earning ££££££ millions in weeks!!) jose....hughes...
Pep Guardiola is shite on 15:03 - Jan 16 with 1184 viewsCamberleyR

Pep Guardiola is shite on 12:15 - Jan 16 by TacticalR

When Cruyff was very young Rinus Michels singled him out to talk tactics with, and Cruyff did the same with Guardiola.

'The only thing that I was interested in, other than playing the game, was explaining the tactics we used. Before I got married I didn’t think about the future, I was living my life one day at a time, enjoying myself. I wasn’t interested in the step beyond. I was mad about football and thought playing matches was great, and it didn’t matter to me whether it was in the juniors, the third team or the first.

That didn’t change much even later on, when I played in the big matches, including my debut with the Dutch national team in 1966, and later my first European Cup game. I went out there and played as I always had done. In those days Michels called me a rough diamond, but he always made sure I was involved, such as when he held those separate pre-match discussions about our opponents and our tactics with me. In that way he taught me at a young age to think about team play. I later adapted that same method with players like Marco van Basten and Pep Guardiola. It works in two directions: it’s good for the team and it’s good for the player in question.'

Johan Cruyff, My Turn: The Autobiography, (2016)

Got that book as an Xmas present and I'll be saving it to take on holiday with me. Any good, Tactical?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Pep Guardiola is shite on 15:25 - Jan 16 with 1158 viewsTacticalR

Pep Guardiola is shite on 15:03 - Jan 16 by CamberleyR

Got that book as an Xmas present and I'll be saving it to take on holiday with me. Any good, Tactical?

There is a lot of interesting stuff in the book and I have ended up quoting from it several times on this forum. The great thing is that Cruyff is the keeper of the flame of skillful football and has had a practical impact on the development of two great academies - Ajax and Barcelona.

However it's all written from Cruyff's perspective, and since he is a man who is relentlessly upbeat and with a boundless faith in his own abilities, certain events seem completely mysterious to him. For example, in 1973 when Cruyff was captain at Ajax there was a vote about who should be captain (the other candidate was Piet Keizer)...

'In the end, the players chose Piet. It was a terrible shock. I immediately went to my room, phoned Cor Coster and said he needed to find a new club for me straight away. That was it. I had suffered the kind of injury that you can’t see with the naked eye. The blow was particularly severe because we weren’t just fellow players but also close friends. That was why I really didn’t see it coming.'

Cruyff is simply unable to offer any explanation of why the vote went against him, so you just have to read between the lines.

Air hostess clique

Pep Guardiola is shite on 15:46 - Jan 16 with 1118 viewsCamberleyR

Pep Guardiola is shite on 15:25 - Jan 16 by TacticalR

There is a lot of interesting stuff in the book and I have ended up quoting from it several times on this forum. The great thing is that Cruyff is the keeper of the flame of skillful football and has had a practical impact on the development of two great academies - Ajax and Barcelona.

However it's all written from Cruyff's perspective, and since he is a man who is relentlessly upbeat and with a boundless faith in his own abilities, certain events seem completely mysterious to him. For example, in 1973 when Cruyff was captain at Ajax there was a vote about who should be captain (the other candidate was Piet Keizer)...

'In the end, the players chose Piet. It was a terrible shock. I immediately went to my room, phoned Cor Coster and said he needed to find a new club for me straight away. That was it. I had suffered the kind of injury that you can’t see with the naked eye. The blow was particularly severe because we weren’t just fellow players but also close friends. That was why I really didn’t see it coming.'

Cruyff is simply unable to offer any explanation of why the vote went against him, so you just have to read between the lines.

Cheers. I did know a little about the Ajax captaincy thing as David Winner devotes a chapter to it in his excellent "Brilliant Orange".

It's strange though how biographies of Cruyff whether unauthorised or not are very thin on the ground. You'd have thought with a player as brilliant and famous as he was there would be loads. Perhaps he was waiting until he could tell from his point of view in his own words.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Pep Guardiola is shite on 16:37 - Jan 16 with 1073 viewstimcocking

Everybody on this message board could have been pretty successful as manager of Barcelona or Bayern Munich.

The way the British media like to portray these people as some special genius is utterly preposterous.
Pep Guardiola is shite on 11:06 - Jan 17 with 918 viewsTacticalR

Pep Guardiola is shite on 15:46 - Jan 16 by CamberleyR

Cheers. I did know a little about the Ajax captaincy thing as David Winner devotes a chapter to it in his excellent "Brilliant Orange".

It's strange though how biographies of Cruyff whether unauthorised or not are very thin on the ground. You'd have thought with a player as brilliant and famous as he was there would be loads. Perhaps he was waiting until he could tell from his point of view in his own words.

What does Winner say about the Ajax captaincy vote?

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024