Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Gove meets Donald Trump 21:06 - Jan 15 with 7375 viewsGloryHunter

First QPR season ticket holder to get an audience with the new US President. Don't be surprised if we have a new foreign owner soon . . .
Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 10:26 - Jan 16 with 2173 viewsconnell10

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 09:33 - Jan 16 by knocker

Never realised there were so many guardian lefties on here. What a way to treat one of your own.

Mate I don't think it matters what political beliefs you have let's be honest you wouldn't piss on those two turds if they were on fire!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 10:43 - Jan 16 with 2106 viewsknocker

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 10:19 - Jan 16 by Clive_Anderson

Usual two minute hate from the junior common room lefties on here.

They utterly despise and spew bile at anyone who disagrees with them on anything, then pat themselves on the back about how open minded and compassionate they are.

That is so, so, true.
Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 10:58 - Jan 16 with 2071 viewsFDC

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 09:33 - Jan 16 by knocker

Never realised there were so many guardian lefties on here. What a way to treat one of your own.

If you think Gove gives a fck about the average Qpr supporter you're mental.
Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:02 - Jan 16 with 2054 viewsdanehoop

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 10:43 - Jan 16 by knocker

That is so, so, true.

No it isn't. To be honest it usually appears quite the other way. Anyone espousing a different view from the Daily Mail is usually quickly shouted down as being a left wing Guardian reader.

I applaud your right to have an opinion or belief, irrespective of how much I might object to it. I could do without the personal ridicule and name calling which appear as an excuse for rationale debate when there is disagreement.

I don't read the guardian by the way, nor am I a left winger, right winger or anything else. I am quietly moderate and prefer to rely on facts and rationale argument to form my opinions, which doesn't mean parroting whichever newspaper headline might be out there, but instead researching and reading about an issue from all sides before arriving at a conclusion. Asking for example why a particular person or media outlet might pursue a certain argument or hold a certain belief.

A quiet plea for objectivity rather than being objectionable.

Steps away from soap box.

Still. I didn't like or agree with Mr Gove's views or proposed policies on most things whilst he was a minister, pretty sure that I disagree with now he is a back bencher. Never seen so many good people leave the teaching profession under his leadership of education, equally never seen such an omnishambles of policy implementation which has directly impacted upon the quality of children's education today.

Never knowingly understood

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:10 - Jan 16 with 2033 viewsAntti_Heinola

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 10:19 - Jan 16 by Clive_Anderson

Usual two minute hate from the junior common room lefties on here.

They utterly despise and spew bile at anyone who disagrees with them on anything, then pat themselves on the back about how open minded and compassionate they are.

Whereas the right walk around hugging lefties all the time and are SO willing to look at other points of view. They're well known for it.

Bare bones.

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:29 - Jan 16 with 1977 viewsknocker

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:02 - Jan 16 by danehoop

No it isn't. To be honest it usually appears quite the other way. Anyone espousing a different view from the Daily Mail is usually quickly shouted down as being a left wing Guardian reader.

I applaud your right to have an opinion or belief, irrespective of how much I might object to it. I could do without the personal ridicule and name calling which appear as an excuse for rationale debate when there is disagreement.

I don't read the guardian by the way, nor am I a left winger, right winger or anything else. I am quietly moderate and prefer to rely on facts and rationale argument to form my opinions, which doesn't mean parroting whichever newspaper headline might be out there, but instead researching and reading about an issue from all sides before arriving at a conclusion. Asking for example why a particular person or media outlet might pursue a certain argument or hold a certain belief.

A quiet plea for objectivity rather than being objectionable.

Steps away from soap box.

Still. I didn't like or agree with Mr Gove's views or proposed policies on most things whilst he was a minister, pretty sure that I disagree with now he is a back bencher. Never seen so many good people leave the teaching profession under his leadership of education, equally never seen such an omnishambles of policy implementation which has directly impacted upon the quality of children's education today.

Here endeth the lesson.
Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:31 - Jan 16 with 1969 viewsessextaxiboy

I know he is a controversial figure with the teachers and their partners on here but as I said before I sort of admire Gove .

He is not afraid to put himself on the line for stuff he believes in (whether you agree with it or not) , He has ideas and is not afraid to put them into practice and he puts friendship and blind loyalty to one side for what he believes is the best thing for the country .

As for being one of us , I followed him and his boy down SAR after one of the recent home defeats and he while he took cheap pelters from both our and the oppo fans he looked as thoroughly gutted and p'ssed off as I felt .

He stopped and had a chat with Disco in the pub at Christmas and was very pleasant .

As for Trump , it is worrying that he is about to take over but I didnt like Obama coming here and threatening us over the EU (while Cameron stood and smiled ) so its the business of the USA who they vote for . Frankly they should have put up a better candidate to oppose him ....all IMO of course
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 11:32]
Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:34 - Jan 16 with 1950 viewsessextaxiboy

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:10 - Jan 16 by Antti_Heinola

Whereas the right walk around hugging lefties all the time and are SO willing to look at other points of view. They're well known for it.

I dont recall any "right wingers " putting a brick through one of their own MPs windows because they wasnt "right enough "
Login to get fewer ads

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:38 - Jan 16 with 1934 viewsFDC

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:34 - Jan 16 by essextaxiboy

I dont recall any "right wingers " putting a brick through one of their own MPs windows because they wasnt "right enough "

1. If you're talking about Angela Eagle, that was robustly proven to be nonsense.

2. If we're doing tit-for-tat examples of violence from the left and right it's going to be a very long day
Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:38 - Jan 16 with 1932 viewsisawqpratwcity

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:34 - Jan 16 by essextaxiboy

There's always idiots: eg, Jo Cox's killer. Let's leave out the lunatic fringe.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:43 - Jan 16 with 1912 viewsClive_Anderson

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:10 - Jan 16 by Antti_Heinola

I don't think the right has such hate figures that the left does, I certainly can't think of many left wing equivalents of people hated as much as say Trump, Thatcher, Farage, Murdoch etc.

Even more central figures like Boris, Gove, Hunt are absolutely despised in the way that similar left wing figures like Straw, Cook and Mandleson aren't (see this thread for a hilarious overreaction to a photo).

It's the old adage that the right think the left are misguided whereas the left think the right are all evil bigots. It's why there is never any decent political discussion.
Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:49 - Jan 16 with 1897 viewsFDC

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:43 - Jan 16 by Clive_Anderson

I don't think the right has such hate figures that the left does, I certainly can't think of many left wing equivalents of people hated as much as say Trump, Thatcher, Farage, Murdoch etc.

Even more central figures like Boris, Gove, Hunt are absolutely despised in the way that similar left wing figures like Straw, Cook and Mandleson aren't (see this thread for a hilarious overreaction to a photo).

It's the old adage that the right think the left are misguided whereas the left think the right are all evil bigots. It's why there is never any decent political discussion.

"left wing figures like Straw, Cook and Mandleson "

That's excellent.

There have been very few high profile leftwing figures in this country for the past couple of generations. The closest I can think of is Diane Abbott, and she gets horrendous abuse.
Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:52 - Jan 16 with 1882 viewsTacticalR

Remember, Clive_Anderson tries to turn every thread into a left-right ruck to avoid analysing the matter at hand.

Air hostess clique

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:57 - Jan 16 with 1870 viewsClive_Anderson

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:49 - Jan 16 by FDC

"left wing figures like Straw, Cook and Mandleson "

That's excellent.

There have been very few high profile leftwing figures in this country for the past couple of generations. The closest I can think of is Diane Abbott, and she gets horrendous abuse.

Oh it's the old no true Scotsman fallacy.

The political centre is where the voters put it and it is a lot further right than the politics of those three. I guess to you if they aren't out on student marches or pledging to scrap trident then they are rabid right-wingers.
Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:57 - Jan 16 with 1868 viewsconnell10

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:43 - Jan 16 by Clive_Anderson

Here endth the lesson!

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 12:08 - Jan 16 with 2111 viewsClive_Anderson

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:52 - Jan 16 by TacticalR

Remember, Clive_Anderson tries to turn every thread into a left-right ruck to avoid analysing the matter at hand.

Whereas you just add patronising glib remarks whilst adding nothing yourself.

What is this important matter at hand in this thread that I'm avoiding then? I must have missed this incredibly meeting of minds that you were so engaged with before I joined the thread.
Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 12:10 - Jan 16 with 2105 viewsDannytheR

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:52 - Jan 16 by TacticalR

It's interesting, isn't it, in a boring sort of way. If the last few months have proved anything it's that "left" and "right" don't mean very much anymore. Not sure the point could be proved more conclusively than bringing the politics of Robin Cook into the argument, a man who's been dead since 2005.

Still, always worth a chuckle to see people who spent last year jumping up and down about metropolitan elites contorting themselves to praise Michael Gove, a privately educated national newspaper columnist who has never held a job outside the media or Westminster politics.

Ah well, back to work. This student common room sit-in won't organise itself.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 12:11]
Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 12:26 - Jan 16 with 2070 viewsTacticalR

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 12:08 - Jan 16 by Clive_Anderson

Whereas you just add patronising glib remarks whilst adding nothing yourself.

What is this important matter at hand in this thread that I'm avoiding then? I must have missed this incredibly meeting of minds that you were so engaged with before I joined the thread.

For me the matter/question at hand is why the Brexiteers are appearing at the feet of Trump.

Air hostess clique

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 12:29 - Jan 16 with 2059 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hmm, nothing for me here...

: )
Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 12:30 - Jan 16 with 2059 viewsDorse

I'm confused. Has the lesson endethed or not? I hope tho. Thith ith getting thilly.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 12:41 - Jan 16 with 2017 viewsBrightonhoop

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 11:38 - Jan 16 by FDC

1. If you're talking about Angela Eagle, that was robustly proven to be nonsense.

2. If we're doing tit-for-tat examples of violence from the left and right it's going to be a very long day

That's what I thought, dark arts at work, and a media frenzy over a broken window, like that never happens in City Centres every weekend. It was pathetic to say the least.
Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 12:42 - Jan 16 with 2008 viewsFDC

#prayforbrokenwindow
Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 13:27 - Jan 16 with 1921 viewsClive_Anderson

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 12:26 - Jan 16 by TacticalR

For me the matter/question at hand is why the Brexiteers are appearing at the feet of Trump.

I thought you didn't like labeling people and just wanted to discuss the matters in hand. Or did you not want that at all and it was just an excuse to have a go at people you disagree with?
Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 13:40 - Jan 16 with 1894 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 07:59 - Jan 16 by Konk

Where’s the self respect? For fu ck’s sake, I met Roy the Boy Hodgson after drinking for 8 hours, and I still managed a more dignified photo than this. Gove, you’re a middle-aged man who’s seen a bit of the world and mixed with famous people before, you complete and utter cun t, show some fu cking restraint and decorum. This is even worse than the Farage golden lift photo. Look at Gove’s stupid, fuc king rubbery face — it’s just screaming out for punishment. It’s actually begging to be smacked with a heavy book. Or a chair. Shocking stuff. I despair. Can we please stop all this desperate groupie sh it. It’s fu cking embarrassing. Message for all British politicians who meet Trump in the future and feel tempted to have a little picture taken together: It’s not Paul McCartney or Robert De Niro, you’re meeting, it’s a sociopathic arsehole billionaire property-developer, you tragic cu nts.

Of course, the two colossal fuggin' idiots couldn't find anywhere else to stand but in front of a Playboy cover.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 13:56 - Jan 16 with 1853 viewsconnell10

Michael Gove meets Donald Trump on 12:26 - Jan 16 by TacticalR

I for one find your glib remarks very funny so keep it up mate!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024