Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham Striker - Bid 14:02 - Jan 16 with 8915 viewsGloucs_R

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-bid-ward-luke-freeman-bristol-city-talks

Know nothing about him??

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 21:34 - Jan 16 with 3278 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

So, ex-fat bloke, best mate of our goalie and gave a shite QPR side a bit of a scare. Sign him up!
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 22:06 - Jan 16 with 3161 viewsNorthernr

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 21:32 - Jan 16 by Lblock

Different ways to approach transfers

Higher personal terms
Bigger signing on fee
Fee plus player

I know nothing about this lad but if we're being asked to pay than we want and we refuse then fair play

All of those different ways count under FFP.
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 22:18 - Jan 16 with 3101 viewsNorthernr

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 21:34 - Jan 16 by Hoop_Du_Jour

So, ex-fat bloke, best mate of our goalie and gave a shite QPR side a bit of a scare. Sign him up!

Didn't make it with a professional club, been kicking around non-league while misbehaving on the White City estate and working as a trainee at a glaziers = Les Ferdinand.

Well into his 30s, horrendous injury record, failed at QPR twice before, can't get in the Birmingham team = Paul Furlong

Only played lower league in Argentina before, no experience of English football, questionable ownership status = Ale Faurlin.

Well into his 30s, available on a free transfer from Crystal Palace because his ankle is fcked, recently completely destroyed in a fixture against QPR = Clint Hill

Career changing knee injury, released by QPR once already, struggled with Huddersfield and Barnsley = Kevin Gallen.

Couldn't get a contract anywhere as a teenager, resorted to writing to clubs begging for week long trials, zero appeaances for Charlton Athletic = Danny Shittu.

One goal every three games for York City, played quite well against QPR in an early round League Cup game = John Byrne

Fun game this. Can play it another way as well.

Free scoring target man, nearly one in three goals for England across 32 caps, played for Milan and Monaco = Mark Hateley.

Brazilian international, part of successful Spurs team in Champions League, only 25 (lol) = Sandro

Champions League winner last season, full Portugal international of 28 caps standing = Jose Bosingwa

Starting goalkeeper for Inter Milan and Brazil, Champions League winner, former European goalkeeper of the year = Julio Cesar

#signhimup
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 18:23 - Jan 17 with 2732 viewstimcocking

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 19:55 - Jan 16 by Northernr

FFP. Just because the owners can afford it doesn't mean that we can. Fernandes could probably afford to buy us a £20m striker if he wanted to, but it would breach FFP, then we'd have a transfer embargo until we sold £20m striker and just about everybody else until we complied again.

Well in that case, i hope FFP fcuks right off and dies, what a frigging joke. If they want to stop teams from going bankrupt that's one thing, but if we can't shell out an extra 100k to try and avoid relegation, Christ what a p!ss take that is.
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 21:20 - Jan 17 with 2423 viewsGloucs_R

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 22:18 - Jan 16 by Northernr

Didn't make it with a professional club, been kicking around non-league while misbehaving on the White City estate and working as a trainee at a glaziers = Les Ferdinand.

Well into his 30s, horrendous injury record, failed at QPR twice before, can't get in the Birmingham team = Paul Furlong

Only played lower league in Argentina before, no experience of English football, questionable ownership status = Ale Faurlin.

Well into his 30s, available on a free transfer from Crystal Palace because his ankle is fcked, recently completely destroyed in a fixture against QPR = Clint Hill

Career changing knee injury, released by QPR once already, struggled with Huddersfield and Barnsley = Kevin Gallen.

Couldn't get a contract anywhere as a teenager, resorted to writing to clubs begging for week long trials, zero appeaances for Charlton Athletic = Danny Shittu.

One goal every three games for York City, played quite well against QPR in an early round League Cup game = John Byrne

Free scoring target man, nearly one in three goals for England across 32 caps, played for Milan and Monaco = Mark Hateley.

Brazilian international, part of successful Spurs team in Champions League, only 25 (lol) = Sandro

Champions League winner last season, full Portugal international of 28 caps standing = Jose Bosingwa

Starting goalkeeper for Inter Milan and Brazil, Champions League winner, former European goalkeeper of the year = Julio Cesar

#signhimup

Only Jan and we have the post of the year!!!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 21:52 - Jan 17 with 2335 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

#signhimup

I asked for that
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 03:13 - Jan 18 with 2050 viewsjonno

#signhimup

A couple from the more distant past you could add;

Problem youngster hanging around with dodgy mates and various issues at Man City, bombed out to lower league Carlisle = Stan Bowles

Then the other side

Scoring goals for fun for Stoke City = Mike Sheron
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 06:01 - Jan 18 with 1982 viewsVancouverHoop

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 03:13 - Jan 18 by jonno

A couple from the more distant past you could add;

Problem youngster hanging around with dodgy mates and various issues at Man City, bombed out to lower league Carlisle = Stan Bowles

Then the other side

Scoring goals for fun for Stoke City = Mike Sheron

I might be wrong I think Carlisle had their single season in division one when Stan was with them.
Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 06:37 - Jan 18 with 1942 viewsjonno

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 06:01 - Jan 18 by VancouverHoop

I might be wrong I think Carlisle had their single season in division one when Stan was with them.

They were in the second division. We signed Bowles in 1972, Carlisle's only season in the top division was 74/75.
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 08:41 - Jan 18 with 1785 viewsDWQPR

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 06:37 - Jan 18 by jonno

They were in the second division. We signed Bowles in 1972, Carlisle's only season in the top division was 74/75.

And they were top after three games after beating the other relegated team that season 2-0 at the Bridge. Happy days them, especially when we done them over at their place 3-0. Remember that one, eight years old, with my Dad and brother sitting in the West stand. Great away kit as well.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 10:33 - Jan 18 with 1631 viewsterryb

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 08:41 - Jan 18 by DWQPR

And they were top after three games after beating the other relegated team that season 2-0 at the Bridge. Happy days them, especially when we done them over at their place 3-0. Remember that one, eight years old, with my Dad and brother sitting in the West stand. Great away kit as well.

Ah, the day of my wedding.

The date was agreed after consulting the fixture list! Rangers at Carlisle & Ipswich (my wife was a regular at Portman road) at Manure.

I took great delight in announcing the two results!
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 10:42 - Jan 18 with 1582 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 21:25 - Jan 16 by stevenagehoop

Agreed but if what has been reported is true that they had already turned down two higher bids for the player what game are we playing in putting in our lower one to then be considering putting in a second higher one.
No one is suggesting going back to the days of overpriced wasters but we should be making realistic offers if we really do wish to sign the player. If we know we aren't going to pay what is a reasonable amount we shouldn't be going in with offers of this kind.

The thing is, some fans think transfers are simple: you offer x amount, it's all paid by cheque or bank transfer in one go and then that's it, all sorted.

The reality is far more complex. Yes, there may have been higher offers. A club may have offered £1.6m. But that could be £200k up front, 3 years of installments, add-ons for goals he scores etc that all *adds up to* £1.6m.

We might have offered something less, but more useful to Rotherham: £500k up front, the rest paid over the next 12 months, no add-ons, just guaranteed cash.

The curse of Championship Manager.

Bare bones.

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 10:44 - Jan 18 with 1565 viewsrichranger

Also - bought for next to nothing from near neighbour first division team after crippling injury and told wouldn't play football again - Rodney Marsh!
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 11:16 - Jan 18 with 1481 viewsclassof93

Re FFP don’t we have parachute payments? Not sure why we can’t meet FFP if we spend money but Sheffield Wednesday, Derby and Brighton can?

FFP is a joke anyway. Don’t see why you can decide what an owner can spend.
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 11:21 - Jan 18 with 1461 viewsstevenagehoop

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 10:42 - Jan 18 by Antti_Heinola

The thing is, some fans think transfers are simple: you offer x amount, it's all paid by cheque or bank transfer in one go and then that's it, all sorted.

The reality is far more complex. Yes, there may have been higher offers. A club may have offered £1.6m. But that could be £200k up front, 3 years of installments, add-ons for goals he scores etc that all *adds up to* £1.6m.

We might have offered something less, but more useful to Rotherham: £500k up front, the rest paid over the next 12 months, no add-ons, just guaranteed cash.

That's a fair point on how the money is offered but the bid still has to be reasonable - some of our failed to get over the line bids were no hopers either because of the sum involved or the player they were trying to get.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 11:28 - Jan 18 with 2258 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 10:42 - Jan 18 by Antti_Heinola

That buy now pay later thing on Football / Championship manager has got me a few players I shouldn't have when at non league clubs.

If i'm buying from a club I don't like I always have a wee smirk as if i've conned them, forgetting for a while that i'm just a sad bastard in front of a computer pressing buttons.
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 11:35 - Jan 18 with 2213 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 11:21 - Jan 18 by stevenagehoop

That's a fair point on how the money is offered but the bid still has to be reasonable - some of our failed to get over the line bids were no hopers either because of the sum involved or the player they were trying to get.

Who says the bid isn't reasonable, and which deals?

Bare bones.

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 11:38 - Jan 18 with 2196 viewsdaveB

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 11:16 - Jan 18 by classof93

Re FFP don’t we have parachute payments? Not sure why we can’t meet FFP if we spend money but Sheffield Wednesday, Derby and Brighton can?

FFP is a joke anyway. Don’t see why you can decide what an owner can spend.

Those clubs all have bigger stadiums and more income than us, our income from tickets, doesn't cover the operating costs let alone the players wages.
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 11:53 - Jan 18 with 2134 viewsterryb

You also need to take into account that perhaps we offered what our valuation for a player is.

You make the offer & the selling club decides whether to accept or not. There valuation is £1.8million, yours is £1.3million. Are those valuations open to negoiation?*

The selling club may have already rejected a higher bid than your £1.3million, but is that offer still on the table? Is the player interested in joining that club? Do the selling club HAVE to sell? Are the buying club desperate for a player in that position?

A valuation at the start of the transfer window in not always the same close to the end of the window. Like share prices, these can vary in either direction.

* Just figures plucked from the air & not meant to represent anything re Ward.
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 12:28 - Jan 18 with 2014 viewsspencer

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 11:53 - Jan 18 by terryb

You also need to take into account that perhaps we offered what our valuation for a player is.

You make the offer & the selling club decides whether to accept or not. There valuation is £1.8million, yours is £1.3million. Are those valuations open to negoiation?*

The selling club may have already rejected a higher bid than your £1.3million, but is that offer still on the table? Is the player interested in joining that club? Do the selling club HAVE to sell? Are the buying club desperate for a player in that position?

A valuation at the start of the transfer window in not always the same close to the end of the window. Like share prices, these can vary in either direction.

* Just figures plucked from the air & not meant to represent anything re Ward.

Isn't that the same with everything in life?
What clubs should really put is ... Ward £1.8 Million ONO or even OVNO ..Sold as seen...Bit like a car / Sandro .
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 12:51 - Jan 18 with 1936 viewssimmo

I see Villa are looking at Hourihane. Such a great player at this level... I know we might not be able to pay the wages he'd want/command elsewhere but to be able to get him for about £1m is peanuts....

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 13:42 - Jan 18 with 1801 viewsNorthernr

Offer what you think the player is worth to you and if you don't get him you don't get him. In the summer people were chucking their hands up when we got outbid by Wolves for the Icelandic fella - 2 goals in 24 appearances later and none since August 20 that's looking quite shrewd on our part now, Sylla a far better bet.

On Ward don't underestimate the value of player power. He's keen to come, his best mate is here, he might agitate for the move.
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 15:03 - Jan 18 with 1709 viewsWokingR

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 13:42 - Jan 18 by Northernr

Offer what you think the player is worth to you and if you don't get him you don't get him. In the summer people were chucking their hands up when we got outbid by Wolves for the Icelandic fella - 2 goals in 24 appearances later and none since August 20 that's looking quite shrewd on our part now, Sylla a far better bet.

On Ward don't underestimate the value of player power. He's keen to come, his best mate is here, he might agitate for the move.

"He's keen to come"

What, to QPR ?
I don't want any player who is obviously that stupid
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 15:19 - Jan 18 with 1654 viewsrobith

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 13:42 - Jan 18 by Northernr

I want to buy a toaster. I have £30 to spend really. I walk into John Lewis. All their toasters are 60, but have add ons that can poach eggs at the same time.

I can either go

-Nope - though reckon I could get a steal at Argos

-Panic buy it cos it's fancy even though I can't really afford it, before getting it home and realising I don't actually like eggs
Rotherham Striker - Bid on 15:27 - Jan 18 with 1615 viewsMytch_QPR

Rotherham Striker - Bid on 15:19 - Jan 18 by robith

I want to buy a toaster. I have £30 to spend really. I walk into John Lewis. All their toasters are 60, but have add ons that can poach eggs at the same time.

I can either go

-Nope - though reckon I could get a steal at Argos

-Panic buy it cos it's fancy even though I can't really afford it, before getting it home and realising I don't actually like eggs

You could stick your bread under the grill and flip it - £30 better off. As an aside, those toasters with the poached egg tray thingy are about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

I don't know why people keep coming on to this forum talking about some two-bob football team from Shepherds Bush and who they may or may not purchase - it's perfectly clear that this forum is for debates about Brexit, the life and times of J Corbyn Esq - and toasters.

I like eggs - good protein.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024