Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morrison 15:16 - Jan 16 with 35490 viewsHoopsarrr

According to the bookies, we're now 4/6 to bring in Morrison. Successful window if we managed Freedman, Ward and Morrison.
Morrison on 19:53 - Jan 16 with 5926 views2Thomas2Bowles

It's a no from me.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Morrison on 20:05 - Jan 16 with 5886 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I can't see a deal here that would fit into our wage structure.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Morrison on 20:24 - Jan 16 with 5803 viewsLblock

Morrison on 19:52 - Jan 16 by Bluce_Ree

Great, Ollie's been chipping away at the sheer level of w@nkery that is going through our club and we sign the world's biggest bellend.

"Neva a moments truble...fentastic lad"

As I said above.
The lad has maic dust in his boots -- huge YES from me.

As long as there's no rocks in his head.
As for a "deal to the end of the season" -- even better and a no brainer, just as long as a cluase in there which means he HAS to sign for us if we offer terms.

DO IT

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Morrison on 20:27 - Jan 16 with 5785 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Morrison on 20:05 - Jan 16 by BrianMcCarthy

I can't see a deal here that would fit into our wage structure.

Six month contract, 10k a week, free signing.

Jigsaws can be difficult.
Morrison on 20:34 - Jan 16 with 5744 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Morrison on 20:27 - Jan 16 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Six month contract, 10k a week, free signing.

Jigsaws can be difficult.

Sorry, that's SO dripping in condescension it makes me cringe. My humble apologies Brian.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 20:35]
Morrison on 20:50 - Jan 16 with 5673 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Morrison on 20:34 - Jan 16 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Sorry, that's SO dripping in condescension it makes me cringe. My humble apologies Brian.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 20:35]

No hassle! I just can't see him signing for 10k a week or even the 20k a week which is (supposedly) our wage cap.

And I'm not sure I'd want him to either. What was brilliant about last Thursday was the honesty and unity, not to mention that we had a tactical plan for the first time in a long time. Now if he could fit into all of that and into our wage cap then fine, then maybe. But I just can't see that happening.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Morrison on 20:54 - Jan 16 with 5641 viewsaston_hoop

Call me wrong but I'd find it difficult to cheer on someone who has repeatedly shown himself to be a violent thug and just a monumental bellend. I don't care how good he is, it just feels wrong to pay to cheer someone who is that much of a w@nker.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Morrison on 21:01 - Jan 16 with 5602 viewsterryb

The only player I can see who he could replace in the side is Mackie.

Are you sure you would like that?

He can't play as a centre forward, he won't stay wide, he can't defend.

He would create more than Mackie, but his work rate wouldn't equal 50% of Jamie!
Login to get fewer ads

Morrison on 21:01 - Jan 16 with 5602 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Morrison on 20:50 - Jan 16 by BrianMcCarthy

No hassle! I just can't see him signing for 10k a week or even the 20k a week which is (supposedly) our wage cap.

And I'm not sure I'd want him to either. What was brilliant about last Thursday was the honesty and unity, not to mention that we had a tactical plan for the first time in a long time. Now if he could fit into all of that and into our wage cap then fine, then maybe. But I just can't see that happening.

Yeah, I know where all the nay sayers are coming from, but what gets me is that everyone thinks that he was blown out before the play off final. He had a groin injury that prevented him playing the full 90 mins so he was due on for the last 20 mins. That was until O'Neil got sent off and defence was far more important, rightly so too. Give the bloke a chance, at the right price though!
Morrison on 21:02 - Jan 16 with 5599 viewsFDC

Morrison on 19:50 - Jan 16 by timcocking

Do we know for certain he would be disruptive? His behaviour was faultless as far as i'm aware when he was here previously, and he's a more talented player than anybody else in the Championship.

Personally, as long as he performed on the pitch, i couldn't give a flying one what he does off it.

My post was a joke; a response to the Jim Morrison picture

Although yeah, he probably would be a negative influence
Morrison on 23:08 - Jan 16 with 5309 viewsDannyPaddox

Morrison on 15:18 - Jan 16 by Lblock

Which one?

Ravel the genius with baggage?

The no nonsense Centre Back?

The Supermarket?

Or Henry the mild mannered janitor?????

Don't forget Marion. Offensive tackle and big leggy by all accounts.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 9:07]
Morrison on 09:03 - Jan 17 with 5071 viewsfrancisbowles

Morrison on 19:50 - Jan 16 by timcocking

Do we know for certain he would be disruptive? His behaviour was faultless as far as i'm aware when he was here previously, and he's a more talented player than anybody else in the Championship.

Personally, as long as he performed on the pitch, i couldn't give a flying one what he does off it.

I'm not so sure it was faultless Tim, I seen to remember him waving his arms around and having a go at some of our players if they didn't give him the ball.
Morrison on 09:09 - Jan 17 with 5041 viewsWestbourneR

Yeah but he's really really good.

I know we shouldn't for all the reasons quoted but it's too tempting.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Morrison on 09:21 - Jan 17 with 4996 viewsrsonist

Morrison on 20:54 - Jan 16 by aston_hoop

Call me wrong but I'd find it difficult to cheer on someone who has repeatedly shown himself to be a violent thug and just a monumental bellend. I don't care how good he is, it just feels wrong to pay to cheer someone who is that much of a w@nker.

I respect this argument. I would respect it more if I believed for one second this same argument would come up if we happened to sign Jamie Vardy tomorrow.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 9:24]
Morrison on 09:38 - Jan 17 with 4940 viewspaulparker

Cant stand the fella, but maybe im starting to mellow out in my old age as I would give him another go , maybe just maybe Morrison needs a boss like Ollie & Les to get the best out of him to put the old arm around the shoulder and tell him he is wonderful ,
talent wise he is twice the player of chery and could also play wide if needed
Manning cannot play every game he will need a rest at some stage and he may even have a dip in form
id give him an 18 month deal and tell him to go out and play
it could just work

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Morrison on 09:39 - Jan 17 with 5096 viewsaston_hoop

Morrison on 09:21 - Jan 17 by rsonist

I respect this argument. I would respect it more if I believed for one second this same argument would come up if we happened to sign Jamie Vardy tomorrow.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 9:24]

Personally I'd feel equally uneasy spending my money watching racist dicks like Vardy or violent twunts like Morrison or Joey Barton knowing I'm keeping them in the privileged lifestyle the likes of us cannot begin to imagine. But I see your point.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Morrison on 09:51 - Jan 17 with 5044 viewsJamie

Struggle with Morrison for the sole reason that he's never going to sort his life out.

Bombed out at United, people said he would get it and change. Bombed out at West Ham, people said he would get it and change. Bombed out at QPR, people said he would get it and change. Bombed out at Lazio, people said he would get it and change. Failed to get a contract at Wigan, under his former coach, people think on a short term deal here, he will get it and change.

At some point you have to accept that he genuinely is a braindead prick who is never going to sort his life and career out.
Morrison on 09:52 - Jan 17 with 5032 viewsDorse

I just can't see him wanting to play for us. For all that we love the club, we're a mid-table, small team on a limited budget, managed by an unhinged Bristolian, with training facilities that are bettered by the local primary school and an owner who uses Twitter in much the same way as a heroin addict eyes up a burnt spoon. And we still, unaccountably, employ Karl Henry. We weren't even 'swazzy' enough for JET. Seriously. JET.

We've only just said 'so long and thanks for the memories' to Sandro (for which, O Lord, we thank Thee).

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Morrison on 10:00 - Jan 17 with 5003 viewshoof_hearted

We're not in the market for expensive signings but we are in the market for a player who has decided that the championship is the only place where he can play consistently and prove his worth for one last crack at the big time.

Come on in, Ravel. Play like you know you can for the rest of this season and we'll shake your hand on the way out of the door to join Newcastle or Leeds or Bournemouth or whoever in the premier league next season.
Morrison on 12:13 - Jan 17 with 4859 viewsLblock

Morrison on 09:51 - Jan 17 by Jamie

Struggle with Morrison for the sole reason that he's never going to sort his life out.

Bombed out at United, people said he would get it and change. Bombed out at West Ham, people said he would get it and change. Bombed out at QPR, people said he would get it and change. Bombed out at Lazio, people said he would get it and change. Failed to get a contract at Wigan, under his former coach, people think on a short term deal here, he will get it and change.

At some point you have to accept that he genuinely is a braindead prick who is never going to sort his life and career out.

We never bombed him out.
How do you know Wigan never offered him a Contract? I thought he was just training there.
Lazio was a really, really, REALLY strange move for him and I'd be sacking my Agent if I was him as that was never going to work out well
West Ham never bombed him out - fair play to him for telling BFCS where to stick his insistence he sat in the same Agent stable as him and the rest of the people who's contracts he sorted out.
United DID bomb him out - Sir Red Nose had lost all interest in developing the yoot and only had eyes for the first team and "one more title" -- obviously Ravel was a challenge for even the most dedicated due to the mob he was running around with and his general approach to life then.

I accept the lad is probably still a powder keg but you CANNOT doubt the ability in his feet, he's wonderful on the ball. Let's not forget the reason Adel was with us was purely because he was too much of an issue for other clubs; he was managed brilliantly by King Warnock and gave us all a season never to be forgotten.
My thoughts are that a double act of Ollie and Les could have him firing on all cylinders and I'd look forward to watching him at games. My only reservation is where does he fit into the shape we look to be going with??? He's like a Chery type player but with far more ability however I'm not sure we have the other players to complement that. Maybe the new Ollie broom means we will have more mobile players out there with full backs able to get up and down, a couple of tough warriors in the middle sitting higher up the pitch behind the "number 10" space and a mobile centre forward who can hold it up, flick it on or join up and move defenders about.

We'll see.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Morrison on 12:14 - Jan 17 with 4850 viewsSimonJames

Morrison on 09:52 - Jan 17 by Dorse

I just can't see him wanting to play for us. For all that we love the club, we're a mid-table, small team on a limited budget, managed by an unhinged Bristolian, with training facilities that are bettered by the local primary school and an owner who uses Twitter in much the same way as a heroin addict eyes up a burnt spoon. And we still, unaccountably, employ Karl Henry. We weren't even 'swazzy' enough for JET. Seriously. JET.

We've only just said 'so long and thanks for the memories' to Sandro (for which, O Lord, we thank Thee).

[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 12:14]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Morrison on 12:19 - Jan 17 with 4826 viewsSimonJames

Morrison on 12:13 - Jan 17 by Lblock

We never bombed him out.
How do you know Wigan never offered him a Contract? I thought he was just training there.
Lazio was a really, really, REALLY strange move for him and I'd be sacking my Agent if I was him as that was never going to work out well
West Ham never bombed him out - fair play to him for telling BFCS where to stick his insistence he sat in the same Agent stable as him and the rest of the people who's contracts he sorted out.
United DID bomb him out - Sir Red Nose had lost all interest in developing the yoot and only had eyes for the first team and "one more title" -- obviously Ravel was a challenge for even the most dedicated due to the mob he was running around with and his general approach to life then.

I accept the lad is probably still a powder keg but you CANNOT doubt the ability in his feet, he's wonderful on the ball. Let's not forget the reason Adel was with us was purely because he was too much of an issue for other clubs; he was managed brilliantly by King Warnock and gave us all a season never to be forgotten.
My thoughts are that a double act of Ollie and Les could have him firing on all cylinders and I'd look forward to watching him at games. My only reservation is where does he fit into the shape we look to be going with??? He's like a Chery type player but with far more ability however I'm not sure we have the other players to complement that. Maybe the new Ollie broom means we will have more mobile players out there with full backs able to get up and down, a couple of tough warriors in the middle sitting higher up the pitch behind the "number 10" space and a mobile centre forward who can hold it up, flick it on or join up and move defenders about.

We'll see.

Where "difficult players" are concerned I'm not sure IH has the man management skills that NW has. I suspect that IH and Ravel would be clashing very quickly.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Morrison on 12:19 - Jan 17 with 4824 viewsPlanetHonneywood

On a day LFW recalls the trials and tribulations of Diakite, we're debating the return of Samsonite!!

He's like the Indian Railway...you're never surprised to learn one's gone off the rails!

Suggest we proceed with extreme caution on this.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Morrison on 12:23 - Jan 17 with 4812 viewsbob566

We never bombed him out.

We'll see.

sack the agent! He got him a gig at Lazio. I would say that was outstanding work by the agent.
Morrison on 13:15 - Jan 17 with 4685 viewsJamie

We never bombed him out.

We'll see.

You must've forgotten the promotion season then where Redknapp had dropped Morrison out of the starting team before the playoffs and out of the squad entirely for Wembley.

We had the option to sign him for an insignificant fee that summer and didn't enforce it as Aret didn't want him.

He has been training at Wigan under Joyce with an eye to going there and playing under his biggest supporter, however he's not been offered a deal, which speaks wonders.

Not sure what relevance his ability has as he is never going to realise it, same as Taarabt before him who is now in exile in a team of 18-21 year olds, paraded around Portugal like the elephant man as a lesson to others about how it can all go so wrong.

Whilst the club are hardly in position to turn away players, ridding the club of one cnt in Sandro to replace him with one twice the size in Morrison is rather counterintuitive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024