Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham on Saturday 22:49 - Jan 16 with 16179 viewsAgedR

Without wishing to anticipate Clive's previews (which I hope will include wise words from the resident cottager Konk), what are people's thoughts on Saturday?

I've seen Fulham a few times this season and have been very impressed. I backed them at 7/1 to make the playoffs after we turned them over.

Their midfield looks the best in the division to me.

It will be a real test for young Manning. However it goes for him, he'll certainly learn plenty and be a better player for the experience.

Do we sit back and try and nick one on the break, ala Reading, or will playing at home force us to chase the game?

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Fulham on Saturday on 22:54 - Jan 16 with 5788 viewsNorthernr

Pleased they've moved that Burton game because it would have been a shame having got back on the horse to lose a couple on the spin - and I do think we'll get beat by Fulham and Newcastle. Both very good teams. Fulham's midfield will have too much for us I suspect.
Fulham on Saturday on 23:16 - Jan 16 with 5741 viewsstowmarketrange

Fulham on Saturday on 22:54 - Jan 16 by Northernr

Pleased they've moved that Burton game because it would have been a shame having got back on the horse to lose a couple on the spin - and I do think we'll get beat by Fulham and Newcastle. Both very good teams. Fulham's midfield will have too much for us I suspect.

Newcastle have lost a few home games to teams that have a plan and have a real go at it.If we sit back and let them attack us it will be a very long night.
I certainly hope for a better score for us than the home game,but it will be a good night out in the toon anyway.
I also think we will lose on Saturday too.Its what we do.
Fulham on Saturday on 23:25 - Jan 16 with 5714 viewsPunteR

I don't think we'll get turned over as is the custom these days.
There's something about our team we played last Thursday that makes me think we could get a result.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Fulham on Saturday on 23:34 - Jan 16 with 5689 viewsRANGERS4EVER

It will be a weird one. We will lose, but not in the way we have to them recently I reckon. Could put up a good fight and lose 2-1. They are much better than us this season.
Even if we play well, I reckon we will still have an absolute meltdown here, saying LuaLua is the worst signing in recent QPR history and Wszolek is a poor man's Hoilett

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Fulham on Saturday on 23:46 - Jan 16 with 5666 views2Thomas2Bowles

Don't think we can win the midfield so the only thing to do is long ball it, LuaLua is supposed to be quick so he may start.

Doughty for Luongo ?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 23:53]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Fulham on Saturday on 00:27 - Jan 17 with 5601 viewsRs_Holy

Fulham on Saturday on 23:46 - Jan 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Don't think we can win the midfield so the only thing to do is long ball it, LuaLua is supposed to be quick so he may start.

Doughty for Luongo ?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 23:53]

I'm amazed they're not higher in the league to be honest. They occasionally lose games that they dominate and it might be because their defence is not as good as the rest of their team?
I also think like most others on here that they will beat us. But we do have a chance if we can build on our previous performance.
Having said that it will be a different type of game than Reading because our smaller pitch will make it more congested. Our players will not have the luxury of acres of space to run into.
There should be goals in this one... I just hope they have an off day in front of goal.
Fulham on Saturday on 00:40 - Jan 17 with 5582 viewseccles

Yeah, Fulham are better than us this season. But then again so are Reading. This division is always mental and this is a typical championship fixture. Could be anything.
Don't mind really what the score is as long as we give it a proper go. If we give it the full 100% we win't be too far away. Wind in the right direction, we could nick it
Fulham on Saturday on 03:39 - Jan 17 with 5502 viewsNorthernr

Fulham on Saturday on 00:40 - Jan 17 by eccles

Yeah, Fulham are better than us this season. But then again so are Reading. This division is always mental and this is a typical championship fixture. Could be anything.
Don't mind really what the score is as long as we give it a proper go. If we give it the full 100% we win't be too far away. Wind in the right direction, we could nick it

Difference is every time I watch Reading I think 'how are this lot so high up' and every time I watch Fulham I think 'how are this lot so low?"
Login to get fewer ads

Fulham on Saturday on 04:33 - Jan 17 with 5483 viewsJAPRANGERS

Fulham on Saturday on 03:39 - Jan 17 by Northernr

Difference is every time I watch Reading I think 'how are this lot so high up' and every time I watch Fulham I think 'how are this lot so low?"

Staying up late or got up early Clive?? Normally at this time, I feel like the last man on Earth at this time on 'ere. 
Fulham on Saturday on 07:44 - Jan 17 with 5356 viewsLblock

Hear what's being said about Fools midfield and I concur, especially with Cairney.

Since we somehow beat them, (my sides were in bits that day and my stitches fell out, still grinning actually), I've seen them a few times. Far more than their midfield, I've been seriously impressed with their full backs who I would love to have here (notwithstanding Furlongs progress).
I'm sure we were linked with Ryan Fredericks the right back who is faster than a whippet and gets up and down really well with bags of energy. On the other side Malone is of the same ilk and puts in some typical Paddy he'll for leather challenges, although I'm not even sure he's first choice.

So I think we may be in for a torrid time down the flanks and if Ollie brings Perch back in all hope is lost
Worst thing about this game is kick off time. Those Sky vvankers.

Still looking forward to it and now is the time to plan my breakfast meeting

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Fulham on Saturday on 07:58 - Jan 17 with 5325 viewsAgedR

Fulham on Saturday on 07:44 - Jan 17 by Lblock

Hear what's being said about Fools midfield and I concur, especially with Cairney.

Since we somehow beat them, (my sides were in bits that day and my stitches fell out, still grinning actually), I've seen them a few times. Far more than their midfield, I've been seriously impressed with their full backs who I would love to have here (notwithstanding Furlongs progress).
I'm sure we were linked with Ryan Fredericks the right back who is faster than a whippet and gets up and down really well with bags of energy. On the other side Malone is of the same ilk and puts in some typical Paddy he'll for leather challenges, although I'm not even sure he's first choice.

So I think we may be in for a torrid time down the flanks and if Ollie brings Perch back in all hope is lost
Worst thing about this game is kick off time. Those Sky vvankers.

Still looking forward to it and now is the time to plan my breakfast meeting

Good point re their full backs. Both very tasty. Mind you they are not great defensively and the goalie is suspect.

A possible strategy is to continually give them penalties to ensure that we get a goal kick.

I think their penalty stats this year are;

Penalties awarded: 54
Scored: 0

Or something like that. Konk can perhaps elucidate on the 12 yard curse.

Fulham on Saturday on 08:30 - Jan 17 with 5259 viewsFDC

We'll need a big game from Sylla holding the ball up to get anything from this.

On the one hand I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Manning given a rest, but on the other I can't actually thing of many alternative midfield options?
Fulham on Saturday on 08:39 - Jan 17 with 5229 viewsToast_R

Fulham on Saturday on 03:39 - Jan 17 by Northernr

I wonder what supporters of other teams think when they see QPR?
Fulham on Saturday on 08:44 - Jan 17 with 5219 viewsDesertBoot

Chris Martin a real danger on Saturday. He was impressive when they beat Barnsley and will give us alot to think about. Still can't believe we beat them at the Cottage.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Fulham on Saturday on 09:18 - Jan 17 with 5135 viewsAgedR

Fulham on Saturday on 08:39 - Jan 17 by Toast_R

I wonder what supporters of other teams think when they see QPR?

"Wow, those hoops are so sexy"

Fulham on Saturday on 09:34 - Jan 17 with 5098 viewsPinnerPaul

Us 5/2
Draw 12/5
Them 10/11

Our odds are shortening though.

5/2 is pretty generous I think
Fulham on Saturday on 09:47 - Jan 17 with 5067 viewsKonk

Fulham on Saturday on 07:58 - Jan 17 by AgedR

Good point re their full backs. Both very tasty. Mind you they are not great defensively and the goalie is suspect.

A possible strategy is to continually give them penalties to ensure that we get a goal kick.

I think their penalty stats this year are;

Penalties awarded: 54
Scored: 0

Or something like that. Konk can perhaps elucidate on the 12 yard curse.

We've failed with 5 penalties this season - Chris Martin's scored 2 and missed 1, so he's our only hope. I didn't even celebrate when we got a penalty against Brighton the other week as Martin was on strike/injured, so it was just a waste of everybody's time. Knew they'd score their's though.

Reckon you've got us pretty much spot on there, AgedR: shaky keeper, wobbly centre-backs, very decent full-backs, a quality midfield and Martin's pretty handy up front at this level. Not a lot of strength in depth though.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 9:58]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Fulham on Saturday on 09:57 - Jan 17 with 5029 viewsstevec

I'll be extremely happy with a draw Saturday.

Hoping for a Richard Dunne performance on Martin from one of our centre backs or their midfield will run all over us.
Fulham on Saturday on 10:01 - Jan 17 with 5009 viewsDorse

Fulham on Saturday on 08:30 - Jan 17 by FDC

We'll need a big game from Sylla holding the ball up to get anything from this.

On the one hand I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Manning given a rest, but on the other I can't actually thing of many alternative midfield options?

Is Boris out of favour? He doesn't seem to be getting much of a game recently. I'm not moaning - we won the last 3 league matches - I'm just not sure if he's available.

A midfield three of:
Luongo, Borysiuk, Manning

Or (more likely)
Luongo, Hall, Manning

...wouldn't be the worst option in the world. Especially if we can add Doughty as an option (in the absence of Cousins and, ahem, Henry).

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Fulham on Saturday on 10:02 - Jan 17 with 5006 viewsstowmarketrange

Fulham on Saturday on 09:47 - Jan 17 by Konk

We've failed with 5 penalties this season - Chris Martin's scored 2 and missed 1, so he's our only hope. I didn't even celebrate when we got a penalty against Brighton the other week as Martin was on strike/injured, so it was just a waste of everybody's time. Knew they'd score their's though.

Reckon you've got us pretty much spot on there, AgedR: shaky keeper, wobbly centre-backs, very decent full-backs, a quality midfield and Martin's pretty handy up front at this level. Not a lot of strength in depth though.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 9:58]

So our best hope is a flu bug affecting your good players then but not the centre backs or the keeper who couldn't even catch a cold?
There's a lot of bugs going round so here's hoping.
Fulham on Saturday on 10:06 - Jan 17 with 4992 viewsterryb

This is a game that i'm looking forward to. IMO Fulham are currently the best team in the league & it will be interesting to see how we cope.

All logic points to a Fulham win, BUT there is this little niggle in me that tells me we might be OK! Just like there was when we won at home to Arsenal & Tottenham under Hughes.

Of course we don't have the talents of Taarabt now to see us over the line, but if we perform as a team who knows?

Play like we did in the win against Ipswich & we will be in deep doo doo! Is it possible that Fulham might do a Rangers & think they have the points before stepping onto the pitch?
Fulham on Saturday on 10:14 - Jan 17 with 4963 viewsdaveB

I must have missed something with Fulham, they are a good side with a good midfield but not world beaters, If we play well as we did last week we stand a very good chance of getting a result. As ever with QPR if we score first we have a great chance, if we concede first we might as well go home.
Fulham on Saturday on 10:42 - Jan 17 with 4887 viewsBklynRanger

A bit of a pathetic question from one of the financially bereft: Is this game on the telly?
Fulham on Saturday on 10:45 - Jan 17 with 4878 viewsBklynRanger

Fulham on Saturday on 10:42 - Jan 17 by BklynRanger

A bit of a pathetic question from one of the financially bereft: Is this game on the telly?

Yes Brooklyn, it's on Sky Sports 1. Just Google it you fcuking onion
Fulham on Saturday on 10:45 - Jan 17 with 4874 viewsPinnerPaul

Fulham on Saturday on 10:42 - Jan 17 by BklynRanger

Yes, 12.30Ko so must be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024