Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham on Saturday 22:49 - Jan 16 with 16281 viewsAgedR

Without wishing to anticipate Clive's previews (which I hope will include wise words from the resident cottager Konk), what are people's thoughts on Saturday?

I've seen Fulham a few times this season and have been very impressed. I backed them at 7/1 to make the playoffs after we turned them over.

Their midfield looks the best in the division to me.

It will be a real test for young Manning. However it goes for him, he'll certainly learn plenty and be a better player for the experience.

Do we sit back and try and nick one on the break, ala Reading, or will playing at home force us to chase the game?

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Fulham on Saturday on 10:45 - Jan 17 with 3981 viewsBklynRanger

Fulham on Saturday on 10:45 - Jan 17 by BklynRanger

Yes Brooklyn, it's on Sky Sports 1. Just Google it you fcuking onion

No need for that...
Fulham on Saturday on 10:57 - Jan 17 with 3940 viewsDWQPR

Same eleven that did so well at Reading deserved their chance again in my opinion. Keep with Furlong and Manning. The secret will be to keep Cairney and Parker quiet they completely ran the game for 70 minutes at the Cottage. Once they had been substituted I turned to my friend and said there was only one winner now. Wszolek can do a job on their left back, like Shodipo did in the last 20 minutes back in October, might be OK going forward but he isn't up to much defending. Having Hall in front of our CB's might be a massive difference in the way the game could go. Quietly confident about this one, but still this is QPR, and it is against Fulham, so no doubt we will bollox it up.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Fulham on Saturday on 11:11 - Jan 17 with 3908 views1MoreBrightonR

No need for that...

i was about to defend you there Brooklyn against some pretty harsh criticsm...and then saw the author of the insult.
Fulham on Saturday on 11:15 - Jan 17 with 3895 viewsPinnerPaul

They are 7th in "Last 6 games" table - so yes playing well, but not unbeatable.
Fulham on Saturday on 11:26 - Jan 17 with 3860 viewsKonk

Fulham on Saturday on 10:57 - Jan 17 by DWQPR

Same eleven that did so well at Reading deserved their chance again in my opinion. Keep with Furlong and Manning. The secret will be to keep Cairney and Parker quiet they completely ran the game for 70 minutes at the Cottage. Once they had been substituted I turned to my friend and said there was only one winner now. Wszolek can do a job on their left back, like Shodipo did in the last 20 minutes back in October, might be OK going forward but he isn't up to much defending. Having Hall in front of our CB's might be a massive difference in the way the game could go. Quietly confident about this one, but still this is QPR, and it is against Fulham, so no doubt we will bollox it up.

Parker doesn't start these days if McDonald, Johansen and Cairney are all available. I expect he'll be on the bench, but you're right that him going off completely changed the momentum of the game at the Cottage.

I still genuinely have no idea how we contrived to lose that game (well, woeful finishing didn't help), so my confidence isn't high for this one.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Fulham on Saturday on 11:27 - Jan 17 with 3849 viewsFDC

No need for that...

Yeah leave it out mate, he's not worth it.
Fulham on Saturday on 11:28 - Jan 17 with 3838 viewsFDC

So Konk, what's the best approach to beating Fulham? All info received in strictest confidence, obviously ;)
Fulham on Saturday on 11:32 - Jan 17 with 3826 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Fcuk 'em!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Fulham on Saturday on 12:05 - Jan 17 with 3741 viewsKonk

Fulham on Saturday on 11:28 - Jan 17 by FDC

So Konk, what's the best approach to beating Fulham? All info received in strictest confidence, obviously ;)

I can't believe I'm giving this sort of insight to the opposition - I must have gone native - but it seems to me that to beat Fulham, you've got to hold and give, but do it at the right time, you can be slow or fast, but you must get to the line, they'll always hit you and hurt you, defend and attack, there's only one way to beat them, get round the back. Or lob it in the mixer.

Fulham on Saturday on 12:07 - Jan 17 with 3729 viewsMick_S

Fulham on Saturday on 12:05 - Jan 17 by Konk

I can't believe I'm giving this sort of insight to the opposition - I must have gone native - but it seems to me that to beat Fulham, you've got to hold and give, but do it at the right time, you can be slow or fast, but you must get to the line, they'll always hit you and hurt you, defend and attack, there's only one way to beat them, get round the back. Or lob it in the mixer.

Over here son.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Fulham on Saturday on 12:08 - Jan 17 with 3725 views2Thomas2Bowles

Or lob it in the mixer.

See what did I tell ya hoof it up them

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Fulham on Saturday on 12:11 - Jan 17 with 3707 viewsKonk

Fulham on Saturday on 12:07 - Jan 17 by Mick_S

Over here son.

"URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR'S!!!"

Fulham on Saturday on 12:14 - Jan 17 with 3694 viewsAntti_Heinola

Have no earthly idea how this will turn out.

We're more confident again and perhaps we have some kind of weird jinx on them after earlier this season (where we were lucky but also caused them a sh!t ton of problems every time we went forward). Could be literally anything between a narrow win for us and an absolute shellacking if they score early.

Bare bones.

Fulham on Saturday on 12:17 - Jan 17 with 3687 viewsMick_S

Fulham on Saturday on 12:11 - Jan 17 by Konk

"URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR'S!!!"

Konk's bedroom.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Fulham on Saturday on 12:18 - Jan 17 with 3675 viewsTacticalR

I thought the secret was Smithies making numerous penalty saves.

Air hostess clique

Fulham on Saturday on 12:20 - Jan 17 with 4134 viewsKonk

Fulham on Saturday on 12:17 - Jan 17 by Mick_S

Konk's bedroom.

For some reason, they only do this in a single-bed, so my wife kips on a camp bed in the front room.

Fulham on Saturday on 12:34 - Jan 17 with 4103 viewssmegma

Fulham on Saturday on 12:18 - Jan 17 by TacticalR

I thought the secret was Smithies making numerous penalty saves.

And some tw*t running the length of the pitch before tripping over the ball. Even Konk laughed I believe.
Fulham on Saturday on 12:45 - Jan 17 with 4076 viewsKonk

Fulham on Saturday on 12:34 - Jan 17 by smegma

And some tw*t running the length of the pitch before tripping over the ball. Even Konk laughed I believe.

I’ve watched it hundreds of time and I still have no idea how Martin did that. Proper magic circle skills.

Fulham on Saturday on 12:51 - Jan 17 with 4058 viewssmegma

Fulham on Saturday on 12:45 - Jan 17 by Konk

I’ve watched it hundreds of time and I still have no idea how Martin did that. Proper magic circle skills.

Or as the kids say 'tekkers'
Fulham on Saturday on 13:08 - Jan 17 with 4008 viewsLongsufferingR

He's got so used to tumbling over after no contact from a defender that perhaps he can't help it anymore.
Fulham on Saturday on 13:42 - Jan 17 with 3934 viewsFDC

Ha, duly noted -- very obliging of you
Fulham on Saturday on 14:14 - Jan 17 with 3883 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I know I am biased but that is still the best football songs ever.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 16:34]
Fulham on Saturday on 15:29 - Jan 17 with 3771 viewsTacticalR

I seem to recall Konk soft-soaping us before previous defeats.

Air hostess clique

Fulham on Saturday on 15:53 - Jan 17 with 3724 viewsDannyPaddox

Fulham on Saturday on 12:20 - Jan 17 by Konk

For some reason, they only do this in a single-bed, so my wife kips on a camp bed in the front room.

Come out of the closet Konk. We know you're in there!
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 15:54]
Fulham on Saturday on 15:55 - Jan 17 with 3703 viewsAntti_Heinola

It was right in front of me and I still say it was an awful (and unnecessary) pass.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024