Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sean Goss 10:14 - Jan 17 with 21728 viewsterryb

Am I being stupid & not seeing it, or is there not a general thread for transfer rumours?

Anyhow, I've seen that we are being linked to Sean Goss, a 19 year old at Manure & not as a loan.

I don't know if there is any possibility of this happening or anything about the player.

Can someone please enlighten me?
Sean Goss on 15:23 - Jan 23 with 5180 viewspaulparker

Sean Goss on 15:11 - Jan 23 by WestbourneR

Weird about Borysiuk. Not given a sniff of the first team - can't see how Holloway can have seen enough to let him go.

Holloway does seem to fall upon his first team through being forced into fielding players through circumstances - rather than judging them correctly in training.

Practise games, training, he sees enough to know if a player is putting it in or not
im glad Ollie is letting the likes of Polter, chery, Henry go , if you don't want to be here or have a bad attitude then here's the door , its a policy we have been crying out for about 5 seasons , same with sylla, yes you maybe doing the business but less of the bertie big bollox
id rather lads like Doherty, manning, furlong or whoever come in and wear the shirt and want to better themselves than players who want to dictate when they play

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sean Goss on 15:26 - Jan 23 with 5164 viewsOldOakHoop

Sean Goss on 15:20 - Jan 23 by enfieldargh

Just noticed in that python clip there are I'm sure our old floodlights in the background.

Which roads where used for the filming of Graham Chapman running about?

Thorpebank Road
Sean Goss on 15:27 - Jan 23 with 5151 viewsdaveB

Sean Goss on 15:11 - Jan 23 by WestbourneR

Weird about Borysiuk. Not given a sniff of the first team - can't see how Holloway can have seen enough to let him go.

Holloway does seem to fall upon his first team through being forced into fielding players through circumstances - rather than judging them correctly in training.

Or perhaps he is seeing them in training and making judgements on that.
Sean Goss on 15:58 - Jan 23 with 5026 viewsTW_R

Sean Goss on 15:27 - Jan 23 by daveB

Or perhaps he is seeing them in training and making judgements on that.

Apparently Borysiuk is homesick and not really enjoying living in London. Might also be a factor.
Sean Goss on 16:09 - Jan 23 with 4994 viewsWestbourneR

Fair enough. I still hold a grudge from his reluctance to play Padula - and he seemed reluctant about Wszolek at first. I get the feeling foreign players have to do that bit more to get his trust.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Sean Goss on 16:50 - Jan 23 with 4914 viewsWatfordR

Sean Goss on 16:09 - Jan 23 by WestbourneR

Fair enough. I still hold a grudge from his reluctance to play Padula - and he seemed reluctant about Wszolek at first. I get the feeling foreign players have to do that bit more to get his trust.

Maybe they aren't quite so quick to laugh at his hilarious anecdotes.
Sean Goss on 18:56 - Jan 23 with 4743 viewsbosh67

Sean Goss on 12:34 - Jan 17 by enfieldargh

poetic licence

forgot about Gary Micklewhite as pointed out, that last minute equaliser......

I was at that game. Total madness but the most exciting game I have been at. Loved Gary Micklewhite, vastly under rated. Great great speed and quick feet. Hope Goss will do well here. Was he the drummer in Bros?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sean Goss on 23:55 - Jan 23 with 4415 viewsDWQPR

Sean Goss on 15:17 - Jan 23 by enfieldargh

I thought IH said a while back that it was AB who was helping him communicate with PW

The shop that the policeman ran into was on the corner of Thorpebank Road and Dunraven Road. That was my Dad's newsagents.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Sean Goss on 10:43 - Jan 24 with 4194 viewsrsonist

Watched a few clips of Goss (never short of videos when you're signing United kids) and take with a pinch of salt of course but it strikes me as being a very curious signing given Ollie's focus on his current tactical set up and the players he's already sidelined to achieve it.

If you've been missing Faurlin then this lad is in the same mould (even down to the injuries it seems...). It looks as if he's a deep sitting midfielder who is not hugely athletic or a battling tackler. Quite lanky and slender, and very one footed - but that one left foot is absolutely superb. Full range of passing, calm and neat, hits a lovely dead ball. Very elegant. The sort of player that just makes a side tick.

No way he can play left back. Certainly not box to box and I can't see him contributing much to the press or providing alternatives to Hall and Manning. Something will have to change but he'd be an interesting new string to our bow.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 10:46]
Sean Goss on 10:53 - Jan 24 with 4163 viewsBrightonhoop

'If you've been missing Faurlin then this lad is in the same mould (even down to the injuries it seems...). It looks as if he's a deep sitting midfielder who is not hugely athletic or a battling tackler. Quite lanky and slender, and very one footed - but that one left foot is absolutely superb. Full range of passing, calm and neat, hits a lovely dead ball. Very elegant. The sort of player that just makes a side tick. '

That could be a quote from the 70's on Dave Thomas. Not comparing the two. I think he's one in the bank, potentially good for the squad with a potentially better sell on price than purchase price.
Sean Goss on 12:51 - Jan 24 with 4018 viewsqueensparker

Found this thread of some informed United fans talking about him (they do seem to exist)

Sounds good to me

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/sean-goss.356125/page-6
Sean Goss on 22:32 - Jan 24 with 3806 viewseghamranger

Ok.... own up, who has changed his wiki page to say that he has signed for us 🙄

Manure fans not happy that he has gone, seemed to have a future there till mourinho took over and spent massive money.

Hoping we have got ourselves a cheeky bargain 🙏
Sean Goss on 22:48 - Jan 24 with 3758 viewsLblock

Not seen the obligatory picture of him gurning in the SA Road stand holding a scarf yet

Has this happened?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sean Goss on 23:02 - Jan 24 with 3724 viewsdannyblue

Watched 2 minutes of a video of Goss against Sunderland U23s so my mind's made up. Looks like he's a quarterback.

https://dai.ly/x52xdug

Looking at how things are going, Ollie doesn't want possession, he wants to get forward quickly and turn their defence. So hardworking hustling forwards, balls in the channels etc. That probably suits Mackie, Washington, Wszolek, so fair enough. I suspect he wants Goss to get those balls up to them with a bit of quality.

This way of playing also requires high energy midfielders that will chase the long balls for second phase and then get back into shape to defend too. That's probably why he's bombing out neat(ish) sitters like Henry and Ariel, and replacing them with someone who wants to spray the ball around.
Sean Goss on 08:55 - Jan 25 with 3514 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sean Goss on 23:02 - Jan 24 by dannyblue

Watched 2 minutes of a video of Goss against Sunderland U23s so my mind's made up. Looks like he's a quarterback.

Looking at how things are going, Ollie doesn't want possession, he wants to get forward quickly and turn their defence. So hardworking hustling forwards, balls in the channels etc. That probably suits Mackie, Washington, Wszolek, so fair enough. I suspect he wants Goss to get those balls up to them with a bit of quality.

This way of playing also requires high energy midfielders that will chase the long balls for second phase and then get back into shape to defend too. That's probably why he's bombing out neat(ish) sitters like Henry and Ariel, and replacing them with someone who wants to spray the ball around.

Yes, probably a very good analysis that, Danny.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sean Goss on 09:01 - Jan 25 with 3497 viewsFDC

Some nice cross field diagonal balls in that ^ video. Played team mates into trouble a few times too!

Probably worth bearing in mind that IH has indicated a couple of times that he eventually wants us playing with more possession; he said something about wanting to get to where Fulham are, for example. So he may be trying to build a squad with the players to play as we do now but also with next season and the one after in mind
Sean Goss on 11:02 - Jan 25 with 3378 viewsrsonist

Yes I think the most obvious recent analogy to this is Drinkwater at Leicester hitting Vardy Mahrez etc early on the counter. The thing with that however is it successfully relied on Kante doing the work of two men (if not more) pressing and chasing around him, which is basically impossible to replicate. The Luongo-Hall-Manning axis we have at the moment is well balanced and I don't see Goss as being able to slot in for any of the roles they currently fulfil, so I think his signing points to a potential change in formation (or at least a Plan B) rather than a logical progression of what we have currently. The Freeman interest would suggest this also, if he's being bought strategically and not as a vague option.
Sean Goss on 11:14 - Jan 25 with 3331 viewseghamranger

Sean Goss on 11:02 - Jan 25 by rsonist

Yes I think the most obvious recent analogy to this is Drinkwater at Leicester hitting Vardy Mahrez etc early on the counter. The thing with that however is it successfully relied on Kante doing the work of two men (if not more) pressing and chasing around him, which is basically impossible to replicate. The Luongo-Hall-Manning axis we have at the moment is well balanced and I don't see Goss as being able to slot in for any of the roles they currently fulfil, so I think his signing points to a potential change in formation (or at least a Plan B) rather than a logical progression of what we have currently. The Freeman interest would suggest this also, if he's being bought strategically and not as a vague option.

I think the Hall thing in midfield is just temporary but it's a handy option. Hall is a worker and great for the team/club, but it would nice to have a decent skilful midfielder playing there.
Sean Goss on 11:15 - Jan 25 with 3322 viewsdaveB

Thats how his Blackpool team played with Charlie Adam as the quarter back, hard working wide players and forwards
Sean Goss on 12:49 - Jan 25 with 3186 viewsrsonist

Sean Goss on 11:14 - Jan 25 by eghamranger

I think the Hall thing in midfield is just temporary but it's a handy option. Hall is a worker and great for the team/club, but it would nice to have a decent skilful midfielder playing there.

I think you're underrating him and the key contribution he's made to our recent performances.

That being said, it would be good to have better ball distribution from Hall at CB than Onuoha and Lynch give us. We'll see what Goss' positional instincts are like - the best defensive midfielders deal with danger before they ever have to make a tackle, after all.
Sean Goss on 18:07 - Jan 25 with 3007 viewsonlyrinmoray

According to the Sky Transfer ' ometer we are 4.8 in second place to sign Sean Goss from ..yes Manchester City... as usual Sky cant be arsed about checking their facts about a non PREMIERSHIP team
Sean Goss on 19:05 - Jan 25 with 2913 viewsrsonist

Sean Goss on 18:07 - Jan 25 by onlyrinmoray

According to the Sky Transfer ' ometer we are 4.8 in second place to sign Sean Goss from ..yes Manchester City... as usual Sky cant be arsed about checking their facts about a non PREMIERSHIP team

Even in these nonsense times that there Sky Transfer Algorithm is absolutely ludicrous.
Sean Goss on 14:53 - Jan 26 with 2698 viewsrsonist

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/qpr-sign-manchester-united

Indie saying he's agreed terms, medical tomorrow and will be in the squad for Burton. £800k.
Sean Goss on 15:09 - Jan 26 with 2662 viewsWestbourneR

Exciting signing

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Sean Goss on 16:51 - Jan 26 with 2488 viewsichbinnaughty

Sean Goss on 14:53 - Jan 26 by rsonist

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/qpr-sign-manchester-united

Indie saying he's agreed terms, medical tomorrow and will be in the squad for Burton. £800k.

I was about to ask "where is this lad? is he coming on board or is it all guff"...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024