Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
warren farm 17:17 - Jan 17 with 2834 viewsonlyrinmoray

I had a look at the latest on the nimby folk /dog walkers in Norwood Green It appears they have crowd funded £16 000 to pay towards their legal costs to continue their opposition to the monstrosity that is the QPR training complex
This saga will go on forever
warren farm on 17:30 - Jan 17 with 2779 viewsAntti_Heinola

that should get them two days of a lawyer.

Bare bones.

warren farm on 17:45 - Jan 17 with 2709 viewsRBlock

warren farm on 17:30 - Jan 17 by Antti_Heinola

that should get them two days of a lawyer.

Or 6 months of a criminal lawyer
warren farm on 18:11 - Jan 17 with 2625 viewsLblock

It's not going to happen.

Not really because SWF have a great case but more because we simply dont have the funds or the minerals for it and I seriously doubt "we" ever did.

As for SWF... once this one is done and they celebrate by frolicking around naked with newts and butterflies the dust will settle.
Not this year, not next or maybe not the year after; but sometime in the future St James, St Georges, Persimmon or some other housebuilding developer will be knocking on the LB of E's door with an alternative scheme, or maybe TESCO will need a mega warehouse in the locale.
Those schemes will be rolled out with longevity with budget set aside for the frivolity of such opposition and if they cant steam roller it legally then they will simply grind them down over time and funds running out.
I'm local and a big new housing estate will effect me due to more strain on the infrastructure but SWF will get all they deserve.... vvankers

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

warren farm on 23:37 - Jan 17 with 2322 viewsPunteR

warren farm on 18:11 - Jan 17 by Lblock

It's not going to happen.

Not really because SWF have a great case but more because we simply dont have the funds or the minerals for it and I seriously doubt "we" ever did.

As for SWF... once this one is done and they celebrate by frolicking around naked with newts and butterflies the dust will settle.
Not this year, not next or maybe not the year after; but sometime in the future St James, St Georges, Persimmon or some other housebuilding developer will be knocking on the LB of E's door with an alternative scheme, or maybe TESCO will need a mega warehouse in the locale.
Those schemes will be rolled out with longevity with budget set aside for the frivolity of such opposition and if they cant steam roller it legally then they will simply grind them down over time and funds running out.
I'm local and a big new housing estate will effect me due to more strain on the infrastructure but SWF will get all they deserve.... vvankers

Sadly I think your right Lblock.
I'm not in the loop with big construction projects and all the red tape involved but what I do see at the moment is every bit of land being bought up and houses being built on them.
There is nothing to stop developments happening if the price is right.
How long has Warren farm been going on for? 5-6 years?
I'll be very surprised if QPR see this through.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

warren farm on 00:20 - Jan 18 with 2263 viewsBoston

warren farm on 17:45 - Jan 17 by RBlock

...or ten minutes with John Honney.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

warren farm on 01:23 - Jan 18 with 2215 viewsderbyhoop

warren farm on 17:45 - Jan 17 by RBlock

Aren't all lawyers criminal? Or is that the hourly fees?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

warren farm on 01:28 - Jan 18 with 2213 viewsCanadaRanger

You are right about developers...
They play the long game.
There will be a SuperStore proposal, with housing on top and around it.
Plus the obligatory hat tip to affordable housing.
Plus space set aside for a daycare, a church, a mosque and a pub.
And a stretch of grass to collect dog defecations on...
Although not necessarily in that order.
Just watch and wait...
warren farm on 09:30 - Jan 18 with 2009 viewsPinnerPaul

and the Council will get more money that we're paying.

Once SWF start squealing, the council will be able to say, "Well you wanted us to not 'give the land away'"

You only have to see the figures being bandied about for Kempton Park, to realise that they could get far more from a developer.

By the time SWF realise the error of their ways it will be too late - good!
Login to get fewer ads

warren farm on 09:48 - Jan 18 with 1965 viewsElHoop

warren farm on 09:30 - Jan 18 by PinnerPaul

and the Council will get more money that we're paying.

Once SWF start squealing, the council will be able to say, "Well you wanted us to not 'give the land away'"

You only have to see the figures being bandied about for Kempton Park, to realise that they could get far more from a developer.

By the time SWF realise the error of their ways it will be too late - good!

I think that Kempton Park is probably a much bigger site but the Jockey Club is talking about £100m for racing, which isn't really a lot for the loss of a big chunk of green belt forever. If it happens. I think that the save Kempton campaign will make SWF look like a bunch of no-hopers by comparison.
warren farm on 09:52 - Jan 18 with 1955 viewsPinnerPaul

warren farm on 09:48 - Jan 18 by ElHoop

I think that Kempton Park is probably a much bigger site but the Jockey Club is talking about £100m for racing, which isn't really a lot for the loss of a big chunk of green belt forever. If it happens. I think that the save Kempton campaign will make SWF look like a bunch of no-hopers by comparison.

but isn't the £100M a share of the profit, not what the land will be sold for?
warren farm on 10:03 - Jan 18 with 1918 viewsElHoop

warren farm on 09:52 - Jan 18 by PinnerPaul

but isn't the £100M a share of the profit, not what the land will be sold for?

Put it like this the Jockey Club won't sell for less than £100m, so they say. Whether they go for some sort of profit share or just take the money for the land, who knows? Without planning there won't be a sale anyway.
warren farm on 10:56 - Jan 18 with 1820 viewsdaveB

I think the group is just a couple of Brentford fans trying to stitch up QPR, they don't give a monkeys about who gets the land as long as it's not QPR
warren farm on 11:06 - Jan 18 with 1788 viewsJacksDad

warren farm on 10:56 - Jan 18 by daveB

I think the group is just a couple of Brentford fans trying to stitch up QPR, they don't give a monkeys about who gets the land as long as it's not QPR

Man when I saw SWF I thought it said SWP and I thought little Fudger - not content with stealing a living from us now he's trying to stitch up the new training ground!
warren farm on 11:08 - Jan 18 with 1782 viewsTripleR

I agree, SWF should be careful what they wish for. I'd rather have green space than a huge housing/commercial development. Its going to happen at Maidenhead Golf Club, the club was established 120 years ago but unfortunately did not own the land, the local council have now sold up and soon it will be a housing estate.
warren farm on 11:14 - Jan 18 with 1763 viewsPlanetHonneywood

warren farm on 00:20 - Jan 18 by Boston

...or ten minutes with John Honney.

Outrageous...I'm working for the residents pro bono!!

We don't want your bloody riff raff in Ealing. If your lot desperately need a new training site, then bugger off to our noisy neighbours in Wembley.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

warren farm on 11:21 - Jan 18 with 1746 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

warren farm on 10:56 - Jan 18 by daveB

Someone told me one of the lead protagonists lets his guard slip occasionally on Twitter when he gets Saturday night beer fingers.
warren farm on 11:46 - Jan 18 with 1692 viewsBostonR

Patience is the game here. I suspect R's have been given assurances/undertakings by Ealing Council that this will be seen through.

Without seeing the HOT's and other agreements it is hard to comment.£16K in a land dispute will not get you very far. As I say patience is the game.
warren farm on 12:50 - Jan 18 with 1576 viewssexton

I live not far away and went for a walk to Warren Farm over Christmas, and apart from three lads riding motorbikes up and down the area was a) deserted and b) a complete dump.

There is loads and loads of open land over that way.
warren farm on 14:37 - Jan 18 with 1449 viewsMedwayR

I doubt we'd have gone this far with it if we weren't serious, I believe that this is SWF's last roll of the dice & that they have nowhere to go if this appeal isn't successful. As none of their previous appeals have been successful I can't see this one doing any better.

They are a strange bunch though. I can understand that the land is Metropolitan Open Land which is the urban equivalent of the green belt and therefore means that it shouldn't be built on, but if the circumstances are right green field land gets built on and so can MOL and in this situation it's clearly right.

They believe the land is being gifted to us because we're not paying hundreds of millions for it, but this isn't a gift because we have to rebuild and maintain community facilities which isn't cheap and is beyond the budget of the local council. In addition roughly 1/3 of the land will be used for our training ground which is mostly pitches so it obviously won't be loads of buildings going up, another 1/3 will be used for the community pavilion, changing rooms as pitches so again not many buildings and this land will be secured and controlled by the club (which SWF object to) because we will be responsible for the maintenance of the facilities, the remaining 1/3 will remain as open space. They won't get a better deal than that for the benefit of the local community and yet they still want to put obstacles in the way.

Poll: Who’s better?

warren farm on 14:41 - Jan 18 with 1436 viewsHayesender

warren farm on 11:21 - Jan 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Someone told me one of the lead protagonists lets his guard slip occasionally on Twitter when he gets Saturday night beer fingers.

What's his name? Maybe we could play a little game with him

Poll: Shamima Beghum

warren farm on 00:11 - Jan 19 with 1218 viewsNorthernr

warren farm on 11:21 - Jan 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeh he's been known to lash out with some #brentfordbantz after a few bottles of table wine.

I hope they end up with a plastics factory.
warren farm on 00:23 - Jan 19 with 1199 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

warren farm on 00:11 - Jan 19 by Northernr

Yeh he's been known to lash out with some #brentfordbantz after a few bottles of table wine.

I hope they end up with a plastics factory.

Chelsea already have a academy.
warren farm on 15:45 - Jan 19 with 990 viewsDylanP

When did "dog walkers" become an insult (from the OP).

"Yeah, those bloody dog walkers ... going around walking their dogs! ... Bloody cheek!"

That made oi laugh!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024