Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bidwell 13:15 - Jan 21 with 7259 viewswgchoop

As i write we lead 1-0 but something down his side awaits
Bidwell on 13:43 - Jan 21 with 4885 viewsBoston

Shaddup will ya, I'm all excited at the moment and you're trying to ruin my morning.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Bidwell on 13:46 - Jan 21 with 4877 viewsrsonist

Kill yourself mate.
Bidwell on 15:16 - Jan 21 with 4749 viewswarrenfox4

Always one isn't there.......mind you, it's normally me
Bidwell on 18:58 - Jan 21 with 4491 viewstraininvain

Think he's looked a lot more solid last few games.

Starting to look like the player I'd hope we signed.
Bidwell on 19:00 - Jan 21 with 4483 viewssmegma

Once someone teaches him how to cross the ball to his own players he'll be half decent.
Bidwell on 19:02 - Jan 21 with 4472 viewseghamranger

Had a busy day today and coped well.

Still prefer Robinson though... but that just imho!
Bidwell on 19:06 - Jan 21 with 4460 viewssmegma

A player that's only appeared 5 times in 3 seasons?
Bidwell on 19:11 - Jan 21 with 4440 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think he's been impressive over the last few games. His positioning is much better as he trusts his inside men more and doesn't get caught covering too shallow too often, which was a problem on occasions beforehand. Granted, full-backs will always look better if they have three centre-backs.

Today, it looked to me as if Fulham tried to overload him and gave up. Fredericks, who we were all worried about, got psyched out, lost the plot and was queueing for the Taarabt bus by half-time.

If you've got rid of your man by half-time, you're doing something right.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Bidwell on 19:12 - Jan 21 with 4431 viewsfrancisbowles

Bidwell was very active in our penalty area, got some great blocks in.

Robinson is better going forward but Bidwell is the better defender.

Maybe we can try Robinson wide left sometime with Bidwell behind him. Worth a go as if it works we get the boous of that throw which is a real weapon.
Bidwell on 19:26 - Jan 21 with 4386 viewsMedwayR

I'm sure if Robinson ever gets himself fit we could play Bidwell on the left of 3 CB's and Robinson at LWB if it was ever necessary.

Furlong seemed to have a decent range on his throws today too, having long throws from both sides could be a real bonus.

Poll: Who’s better?

Bidwell on 19:33 - Jan 21 with 4352 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

To be honest I think he's another player who gets some undue stick.

He's a Championship left back for a Championship team playing in the Championship.

To be honest I don't think we have a single player one our side who isn't good enough for our level, Bidwell included.
Bidwell on 19:48 - Jan 21 with 4281 viewsterryb

Bidwell on 19:12 - Jan 21 by francisbowles

Bidwell was very active in our penalty area, got some great blocks in.

Robinson is better going forward but Bidwell is the better defender.

Maybe we can try Robinson wide left sometime with Bidwell behind him. Worth a go as if it works we get the boous of that throw which is a real weapon.

For f***s sake.

Can somebody explain to me how this post from francisbowles qualifies for a down mark?

Disagree with it if you must, but that is all.

IMO Bidwell has improved greatly since the arrival of 2017.
Bidwell on 20:09 - Jan 21 with 4225 viewsWadR

Bidwell started the season well I thought. Was key to Shodipo's good form at the beginning of the season, talked him through games and offered good overlapping. We missed him when he was out for 2 months but when he returned to fitness, he came back to a side out of form, playing in a bizarre formation (that 4222 mess) under a new manager and, quite understandably struggled.

He's a good player, although he's probably not quick or attacking enough to play the wingback role exceedingly well, which is why I think the shout of playing him as the left centreback is a good one (if Lynch is out).

Also worth considering he's still only 23.
Bidwell on 21:22 - Jan 21 with 4057 viewscaliforniahoop

Bidwell on 20:09 - Jan 21 by WadR

Bidwell started the season well I thought. Was key to Shodipo's good form at the beginning of the season, talked him through games and offered good overlapping. We missed him when he was out for 2 months but when he returned to fitness, he came back to a side out of form, playing in a bizarre formation (that 4222 mess) under a new manager and, quite understandably struggled.

He's a good player, although he's probably not quick or attacking enough to play the wingback role exceedingly well, which is why I think the shout of playing him as the left centreback is a good one (if Lynch is out).

Spot on, I also think he would make a good Left sided CB if we could get Rubberson fit, good play but injuries are killing him.
Bidwell on 22:16 - Jan 21 with 3960 viewstraininvain

Bidwell on 20:09 - Jan 21 by WadR

Hadn't realised he's only 23. For some reason I thought he was late 20's and one of the older more experienced players.

In that case, we need to cut him some slack as he's bound to be a bit inconsistent.
Bidwell on 22:22 - Jan 21 with 3940 viewsstevenagehoop

Bidwell on 22:16 - Jan 21 by traininvain

Hadn't realised he's only 23. For some reason I thought he was late 20's and one of the older more experienced players.

In that case, we need to cut him some slack as he's bound to be a bit inconsistent.

Penalty was down to him player went past him too easy. Today he did not have a good game. Some times you just have to say not good enough .

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Bidwell on 22:23 - Jan 21 with 3935 viewsNorthernr

Penalty was a joke and I think he's been doing alright. Poor before Christmas but most were.
Shall we just queue him up behind Onuoha and Perch and when they're gone we can tee off on him?
Bidwell on 22:30 - Jan 21 with 3914 viewsNorthernr

Bidwell on 19:06 - Jan 21 by smegma

A player that's only appeared 5 times in 3 seasons?

That's the thing I like and rate Robinson as well but he's obviously fcked. Real shame, but it's like the people who used to say Sandro should be playing.

Can't. Fcking. Play. Not. Fcking. Fit.

Personally I'd love 2001 Dennis Bergkamp playing up front for us, can't physically happen, same as Sandro couldn't play for us and Robinson can't play for us.

I watched Fulham at Cardiff the other week and Fredericks went to town on them, awesome performance, Kyle Walker during his loan spell here sort of stuff. Did he do that today? No. And he got so pissd off with it he got a daft booking for dissent. So well done Jake for that.
Bidwell on 22:33 - Jan 21 with 3905 viewscaliforniahoop

Bidwell on 22:30 - Jan 21 by Northernr

That's the thing I like and rate Robinson as well but he's obviously fcked. Real shame, but it's like the people who used to say Sandro should be playing.

Can't. Fcking. Play. Not. Fcking. Fit.

Personally I'd love 2001 Dennis Bergkamp playing up front for us, can't physically happen, same as Sandro couldn't play for us and Robinson can't play for us.

I watched Fulham at Cardiff the other week and Fredericks went to town on them, awesome performance, Kyle Walker during his loan spell here sort of stuff. Did he do that today? No. And he got so pissd off with it he got a daft booking for dissent. So well done Jake for that.

And to think we turned Him down.
Bidwell on 22:48 - Jan 21 with 3865 viewsstevenagehoop

Bidwell on 22:23 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Penalty was a joke and I think he's been doing alright. Poor before Christmas but most were.
Shall we just queue him up behind Onuoha and Perch and when they're gone we can tee off on him?

Penalty may have been a joke but the way he was turned leading upto the penalty was an even bigger joke. As I said earlier sometimes you just have to say not good enough and he wasn't.

Bidwell on 22:51 - Jan 21 with 3858 viewsNorthernr

Bidwell on 22:48 - Jan 21 by stevenagehoop

Penalty may have been a joke but the way he was turned leading upto the penalty was an even bigger joke. As I said earlier sometimes you just have to say not good enough and he wasn't.

What did you think of Fredericks' impact on the game today?
Bidwell on 22:56 - Jan 21 with 3847 viewsBlackCrowe

Bidwel's best game in the Hoops today.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Bidwell on 23:01 - Jan 21 with 3837 viewsstevenagehoop

Bidwell on 22:51 - Jan 21 by Northernr

What did you think of Fredericks' impact on the game today?

Irrelevant to how bad Bidwell was. What is the point of the question.
?

Bidwell on 23:18 - Jan 21 with 3795 viewsNorthernr

Bidwell on 23:01 - Jan 21 by stevenagehoop

Irrelevant to how bad Bidwell was. What is the point of the question.
?

Well the point of the question is one of Fulham's key men in recent games is the right wing back who was running at Bidwell today and had no impact whatsoever - therefore Bidwell must have done ok.

That's the short answer. Long answer...

If you'd taken the time to watch a couple of Fulham matches prior to today you'd have noticed that the key to everything they do is Cairney through the middle and the two wing backs - Malone, and particularly Fredericks who's a really good player at this level. Wing backs go forward and expose full backs, midfield has to drop back to help, Cariney gets more space, Fulham look very good. So you either mark the wing backs really well and hope Cairney doesn't fck you too much, or the other way around. Cardiff, in the FA Cup, went for the Cairney option, and Fredericks absolutely minced them.

Fortunately Ian Holloway had clearly taken the time to watch a couple of Fulham matches prior to today and managed to reduce the impact of Cairney massively, by getting Manning round and about him, and the impact of Fredericks totally. Neil Warnock managed neither of these things a week ago.

Now one wonders how somebody who was so good that they managed to influence an entire cup tie from right back (not the most important place on the team by any stretch) a week ago was reduced to a bystander today (and was obviously so frustrated by that he got booked for protesting about a throw in decision that was clearly correct) if it wasn't for a fine performance from the guy detailed to mark him i.e. Bidwell.

So my question is did you even notice Fredericks today? Your answer should be no. And the point of the question is why would that be? And my contention is it's probably because the guy marking him did a good job. Did Fredericks disappear from the game by accident? Or because QPR had telegraphed his threat and Bidwell snuffed it out?

Or, you know, hang the guy because in three seconds of the 97 minutes a known cnt of a referee gave a typically cntish penalty against him for absolutely nothing at all.
Bidwell on 23:36 - Jan 21 with 3752 viewscaliforniahoop

Bidwell on 23:18 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Well the point of the question is one of Fulham's key men in recent games is the right wing back who was running at Bidwell today and had no impact whatsoever - therefore Bidwell must have done ok.

That's the short answer. Long answer...

If you'd taken the time to watch a couple of Fulham matches prior to today you'd have noticed that the key to everything they do is Cairney through the middle and the two wing backs - Malone, and particularly Fredericks who's a really good player at this level. Wing backs go forward and expose full backs, midfield has to drop back to help, Cariney gets more space, Fulham look very good. So you either mark the wing backs really well and hope Cairney doesn't fck you too much, or the other way around. Cardiff, in the FA Cup, went for the Cairney option, and Fredericks absolutely minced them.

Fortunately Ian Holloway had clearly taken the time to watch a couple of Fulham matches prior to today and managed to reduce the impact of Cairney massively, by getting Manning round and about him, and the impact of Fredericks totally. Neil Warnock managed neither of these things a week ago.

Now one wonders how somebody who was so good that they managed to influence an entire cup tie from right back (not the most important place on the team by any stretch) a week ago was reduced to a bystander today (and was obviously so frustrated by that he got booked for protesting about a throw in decision that was clearly correct) if it wasn't for a fine performance from the guy detailed to mark him i.e. Bidwell.

So my question is did you even notice Fredericks today? Your answer should be no. And the point of the question is why would that be? And my contention is it's probably because the guy marking him did a good job. Did Fredericks disappear from the game by accident? Or because QPR had telegraphed his threat and Bidwell snuffed it out?

Or, you know, hang the guy because in three seconds of the 97 minutes a known cnt of a referee gave a typically cntish penalty against him for absolutely nothing at all.

Bidwell good player and will get better, got caught out a couple of times with runs inside him but recovered well, good defender!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024