Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bidwell 13:15 - Jan 21 with 7263 viewswgchoop

As i write we lead 1-0 but something down his side awaits
Bidwell on 09:03 - Jan 22 with 2085 viewsDorse

I've said it before but Bidwell is one of those steady players whose contribution goes largely unnoticed unless he does something out of the ordinary. Otherwise, he gets on with the job quietly and efficiently. He went through a bad patch on his return from injury - which stood out because it wasn't his normal style.

He's been a solid performer for us in a position that has been a problem for us for Lord knows how long.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Bidwell on 09:09 - Jan 22 with 2072 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bidwell on 09:03 - Jan 22 by Dorse

I've said it before but Bidwell is one of those steady players whose contribution goes largely unnoticed unless he does something out of the ordinary. Otherwise, he gets on with the job quietly and efficiently. He went through a bad patch on his return from injury - which stood out because it wasn't his normal style.

He's been a solid performer for us in a position that has been a problem for us for Lord knows how long.

Borrowdale
Assou Akotto
Traore
Fabio
Taiwo

To name five I'd have behind Bidwell. I'm sure there are more I've forgotten .
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 9:16]
Bidwell on 09:35 - Jan 22 with 2010 viewsparker64

I think he's pretty solid. Only 23. Delivery from open play could improve, puts in a decent dead ball cross. Reminds me a little of Ian Dawes.
Bidwell on 09:57 - Jan 22 with 1967 viewsPunteR

Bidwell on 09:09 - Jan 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Borrowdale
Assou Akotto
Traore
Fabio
Taiwo

To name five I'd have behind Bidwell. I'm sure there are more I've forgotten .
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 9:16]

I forgot about Fabio. Wasn't he injured most the time? I thought he could have been a good player for us.

Bidwell is the Grooverider..
He's a player that will grow into a top player for us I'm sure.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bidwell on 10:03 - Jan 22 with 1943 viewsDiscodroids

I neither dislike him or rate him outside of the mean, mode and median range of misty buff.

imo he is plotted on the X and Y axis graph of reliable and solid. nothing more.nothing less.

still my number one left back choice. Unfortunately the more talented Robinson lays in state moribund and prosaic in perpetuity. much like brezhnev in a kremlin mausoleum.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Bidwell on 10:29 - Jan 22 with 1912 viewsstevenagehoop

Bidwell on 23:18 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Well the point of the question is one of Fulham's key men in recent games is the right wing back who was running at Bidwell today and had no impact whatsoever - therefore Bidwell must have done ok.

That's the short answer. Long answer...

If you'd taken the time to watch a couple of Fulham matches prior to today you'd have noticed that the key to everything they do is Cairney through the middle and the two wing backs - Malone, and particularly Fredericks who's a really good player at this level. Wing backs go forward and expose full backs, midfield has to drop back to help, Cariney gets more space, Fulham look very good. So you either mark the wing backs really well and hope Cairney doesn't fck you too much, or the other way around. Cardiff, in the FA Cup, went for the Cairney option, and Fredericks absolutely minced them.

Fortunately Ian Holloway had clearly taken the time to watch a couple of Fulham matches prior to today and managed to reduce the impact of Cairney massively, by getting Manning round and about him, and the impact of Fredericks totally. Neil Warnock managed neither of these things a week ago.

Now one wonders how somebody who was so good that they managed to influence an entire cup tie from right back (not the most important place on the team by any stretch) a week ago was reduced to a bystander today (and was obviously so frustrated by that he got booked for protesting about a throw in decision that was clearly correct) if it wasn't for a fine performance from the guy detailed to mark him i.e. Bidwell.

So my question is did you even notice Fredericks today? Your answer should be no. And the point of the question is why would that be? And my contention is it's probably because the guy marking him did a good job. Did Fredericks disappear from the game by accident? Or because QPR had telegraphed his threat and Bidwell snuffed it out?

Or, you know, hang the guy because in three seconds of the 97 minutes a known cnt of a referee gave a typically cntish penalty against him for absolutely nothing at all.

Short response to this.Original comment was that he was the cause of the penalty by being beaten all ends up in the first place.

If he's your first choice left back fair enough. He wouldn't be mine. But it's a game of opinion.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Bidwell on 10:52 - Jan 22 with 1860 viewsTHEBUSH

From what I saw of Bidwell yesterday, I thought he's up't his work rate considerably, like most of our players.

Obviously it's to do with Oliie's new system, which I think has helped Bidwells game.

Don't think he was a lazy player before, but imo he needed to do more.
Bidwell on 11:09 - Jan 22 with 1821 viewsloftinoz

Bidwell on 10:52 - Jan 22 by THEBUSH

From what I saw of Bidwell yesterday, I thought he's up't his work rate considerably, like most of our players.

Obviously it's to do with Oliie's new system, which I think has helped Bidwells game.

Don't think he was a lazy player before, but imo he needed to do more.

Up't? Really?
Login to get fewer ads

Bidwell on 11:13 - Jan 22 with 1805 viewsisawqpratwcity

Bidwell on 11:09 - Jan 22 by loftinoz

Up't? Really?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Bidwell on 11:14 - Jan 22 with 1795 viewspaulparker

Let's not carried away here, Bidwell has been mostly very average this year any critism has been justified he was part of a team that lost 6 on the spin and before that he wasn't pulling any trees up
Credit where it is due though the last few games he has been good and got some brilliant blocks in yesterday proper defending , I said last week I think he would be better as a centre back in a back 3 and if Robinson does get fit that's where bidwell should play

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bidwell on 11:21 - Jan 22 with 1781 viewsfrancisbowles

Bidwell on 11:14 - Jan 22 by paulparker

Let's not carried away here, Bidwell has been mostly very average this year any critism has been justified he was part of a team that lost 6 on the spin and before that he wasn't pulling any trees up
Credit where it is due though the last few games he has been good and got some brilliant blocks in yesterday proper defending , I said last week I think he would be better as a centre back in a back 3 and if Robinson does get fit that's where bidwell should play

Thanks PP, glad someone else noted Bidwell's Clintonesque defending yesterday, throwing himself in front of shots on at least two occasions.

He could deputise in that left of centre back position if Lynch is out and Hamalainen could go lwb if Robinson is unavailable.

Having left footers gives proper balance to the team. Something that was missing for years apart from Clint and occasional bursts from Yun. Not too mention the extremely rare success from Traore.
Bidwell on 11:25 - Jan 22 with 1771 viewssexton

Reminds me of young Ian Gillard. Solid, steady and skinhead hair.
Bidwell (n/t) on 11:25 - Jan 22 with 1771 viewswgchoop

Bidwell on 13:46 - Jan 21 by rsonist

Kill yourself mate.

[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 14:40]
Bidwell on 11:30 - Jan 22 with 1740 viewsDannytheR

Bidwell on 11:25 - Jan 22 by sexton

Bidwell caught relaxing round the back of the ticket office at Wood Lane tube, yesterday.

Bidwell on 11:31 - Jan 22 with 1736 viewswgchoop

Bidwell on 23:18 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Well the point of the question is one of Fulham's key men in recent games is the right wing back who was running at Bidwell today and had no impact whatsoever - therefore Bidwell must have done ok.

That's the short answer. Long answer...

If you'd taken the time to watch a couple of Fulham matches prior to today you'd have noticed that the key to everything they do is Cairney through the middle and the two wing backs - Malone, and particularly Fredericks who's a really good player at this level. Wing backs go forward and expose full backs, midfield has to drop back to help, Cariney gets more space, Fulham look very good. So you either mark the wing backs really well and hope Cairney doesn't fck you too much, or the other way around. Cardiff, in the FA Cup, went for the Cairney option, and Fredericks absolutely minced them.

Fortunately Ian Holloway had clearly taken the time to watch a couple of Fulham matches prior to today and managed to reduce the impact of Cairney massively, by getting Manning round and about him, and the impact of Fredericks totally. Neil Warnock managed neither of these things a week ago.

Now one wonders how somebody who was so good that they managed to influence an entire cup tie from right back (not the most important place on the team by any stretch) a week ago was reduced to a bystander today (and was obviously so frustrated by that he got booked for protesting about a throw in decision that was clearly correct) if it wasn't for a fine performance from the guy detailed to mark him i.e. Bidwell.

So my question is did you even notice Fredericks today? Your answer should be no. And the point of the question is why would that be? And my contention is it's probably because the guy marking him did a good job. Did Fredericks disappear from the game by accident? Or because QPR had telegraphed his threat and Bidwell snuffed it out?

Or, you know, hang the guy because in three seconds of the 97 minutes a known cnt of a referee gave a typically cntish penalty against him for absolutely nothing at all.

I wouldnt say bidwell snuffed it out,id say it was more mackie pushing up on the full back all game not letting him get forward stopping him play his normal game.
Bidwell on 11:45 - Jan 22 with 1772 viewsloftus77

Bidwell on 11:25 - Jan 22 by sexton

High praise indeed.
Bidwell on 12:48 - Jan 22 with 1723 viewspaulparker

Bidwell on 09:35 - Jan 22 by parker64

I think he's pretty solid. Only 23. Delivery from open play could improve, puts in a decent dead ball cross. Reminds me a little of Ian Dawes.

He isn't fit to lace Dawes boots , he is nothing like Ian Dawes
As I said he had a good game yesterday but let's not go ott , only a few years back people on here were saying that Niko was better than Adel and that BAE was our best ever full back, all of this after beating the mighty Barnsley

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bidwell on 13:00 - Jan 22 with 1703 viewsjohncharles

Three wins and a draw against Fulham who were, at the kick off, nine places above us in the league.
Whoopey, let's have a dig at Bidwell.

Strong and stable my arse.

Bidwell on 13:26 - Jan 22 with 1665 viewsDorse

Bidwell on 10:03 - Jan 22 by Discodroids

I neither dislike him or rate him outside of the mean, mode and median range of misty buff.

imo he is plotted on the X and Y axis graph of reliable and solid. nothing more.nothing less.

still my number one left back choice. Unfortunately the more talented Robinson lays in state moribund and prosaic in perpetuity. much like brezhnev in a kremlin mausoleum.

Misty Buff? I think I saw a movie with her in once. Purely for research purposes, you understand.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Bidwell on 13:32 - Jan 22 with 1658 viewsisawqpratwcity

Bidwell on 13:26 - Jan 22 by Dorse

Misty Buff? I think I saw a movie with her in once. Purely for research purposes, you understand.

Or was it Bisty Muff? Busty Miff?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Bidwell on 13:47 - Jan 22 with 1629 views2Thomas2Bowles

I never really liked Dawes, spoiled by have IG before him I guess.

Stevenagehoop don't like Bidwell but hard to see who he is compering him with in recent years Padula maybe ? or even someone earlier ?
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 13:48]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Bidwell on 13:54 - Jan 22 with 1612 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bidwell on 11:14 - Jan 22 by paulparker

Would you drop Lynch, PP?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bidwell on 14:23 - Jan 22 with 1573 viewswgchoop

Bidwell on 13:00 - Jan 22 by johncharles

Three wins and a draw against Fulham who were, at the kick off, nine places above us in the league.
Whoopey, let's have a dig at Bidwell.

Whoopey lets have an open top bus parade

Its not about having a dig at a player,its having an opnion and im sure everyone on this board has that right. Yours may be different fair enough.
Bidwell on 15:15 - Jan 22 with 1519 viewsWestbourneR

Bidwell on 22:30 - Jan 21 by Northernr

That's the thing I like and rate Robinson as well but he's obviously fcked. Real shame, but it's like the people who used to say Sandro should be playing.

Can't. Fcking. Play. Not. Fcking. Fit.

Personally I'd love 2001 Dennis Bergkamp playing up front for us, can't physically happen, same as Sandro couldn't play for us and Robinson can't play for us.

I watched Fulham at Cardiff the other week and Fredericks went to town on them, awesome performance, Kyle Walker during his loan spell here sort of stuff. Did he do that today? No. And he got so pissd off with it he got a daft booking for dissent. So well done Jake for that.

Agree with this but sadly Bidwell is very uninspiring on the ball. He looks awkward and gives the ball away a fair bit.

Personally I feel Perch is our best left back (not so great at RB).

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Bidwell on 17:01 - Jan 22 with 1444 viewsstevenagehoop

Bidwell on 13:47 - Jan 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I never really liked Dawes, spoiled by have IG before him I guess.

Stevenagehoop don't like Bidwell but hard to see who he is compering him with in recent years Padula maybe ? or even someone earlier ?
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 13:48]

Over the years have seen left backs such as Jim Langley, Ian Gillard, Kenny Sansom, Clive Wilson, Ian Dawes and Padula probably a few others I've missed out😜
Not comparing him to any of them that would be unfair.

My original comment was that even if the penalty decision was harsh the opportunity only came about because of poor defending by Bidwell when he allowed his player to turn past him
His crossing yesterday was also below standard as was a lot of his positional play.

And in response to a previous posters comment I have seen Fulham before this season and place them as similiar to the way that Swansea played.Yesterday when they were shut down from the front they had no option B and they were closed down by the front men and they lost the ball in their own half on several occasions. that was why the likes of Fredericks did not shine the player who caused us most problems was Aluko and we didn't know how to deal with him all game but this is just my opinion.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024