Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smithies 15:28 - Jan 21 with 7016 viewsDieByYourSide

Poll: And it's hi ho

Smithies on 09:55 - Jan 22 with 2100 viewsDiscodroids

I remember feeling disappointed when we signed him over Bentley . Got that one wrong. My Favourite Keeper since Stejskal and a Future England Number 1. sooner rather than later.

Moves across his penalty area like Larry Blackmon in his red codpiece. supremely confident and self assured. Hope we can hang on to him for another 12 months.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 9:58]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Smithies on 11:57 - Jan 22 with 2026 viewsHollowayRanger

Liked from day one and best since seamen for me ,always reminds me of joe hart getting rid of him was not cleaver pep

WE MUST GET SMITHERS A NEW CONTRACT, HE DESERVES IT AND WE CANT AFFORD TO LOSE HIM P/O/T/Y

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Smithies on 12:13 - Jan 22 with 2004 viewsDieByYourSide

Smithies on 09:51 - Jan 22 by PunteR

Better than Green. Paddy Kenny takes some beating though for that championship winning season.
Smithies is going to have a good career for sure. Lets hope its here.

Kenny went downhill quite quickly though, as good as he was in the Championship season. You could see his body deteriorating in front of you, couldn't get down quickly enough and sort of seemed to just drop to the ground when balls went past him (look at Aguero's winner when City won the league for example)

Poll: And it's hi ho

Smithies on 12:24 - Jan 22 with 1989 viewsngbqpr

That cross that was whipped in at perfect volleying height for a striker, aimed towards the six yard line but curling out...peach of a cross...he just dived off his line at full stretch and caught it....wow...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Smithies on 14:02 - Jan 22 with 1919 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Smithies on 12:24 - Jan 22 by ngbqpr

That cross that was whipped in at perfect volleying height for a striker, aimed towards the six yard line but curling out...peach of a cross...he just dived off his line at full stretch and caught it....wow...

Smart bit of keeping that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Smithies on 14:08 - Jan 22 with 1904 viewsfrancisbowles

Smithies on 14:02 - Jan 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Smart bit of keeping that.

I was momentarily worried when he had to come and head that one in the first half. Visions of Ipswich away came flooding back. This time he dealt with it. Well done, put his previous error behind him.
Smithies on 14:10 - Jan 22 with 1901 viewsSimonJames

Smithies on 09:55 - Jan 22 by Discodroids

I remember feeling disappointed when we signed him over Bentley . Got that one wrong. My Favourite Keeper since Stejskal and a Future England Number 1. sooner rather than later.

Moves across his penalty area like Larry Blackmon in his red codpiece. supremely confident and self assured. Hope we can hang on to him for another 12 months.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 9:58]

"Moves across his penalty area like Larry Blackmon in his red codpiece. supremely confident and self assured."

100% of people who drink water will die.

Smithies on 14:16 - Jan 22 with 1882 views2Thomas2Bowles

Smithies on 11:57 - Jan 22 by HollowayRanger

Liked from day one and best since seamen for me ,always reminds me of joe hart getting rid of him was not cleaver pep

WE MUST GET SMITHERS A NEW CONTRACT, HE DESERVES IT AND WE CANT AFFORD TO LOSE HIM P/O/T/Y

I fear that even if he signs a new contract, which he says he would like to do, if a good offer comes in the club would have to sell just means we would get more for him.

Signs the contract 10M buy out.

As with CA we can't hold him back.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 14:18]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Smithies on 14:41 - Jan 22 with 1845 viewsfrancisbowles

Can anyone who is a wiz on the net put up the two Smithies v Martin saves so that we can decide which, if either, is better?
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:28 - Jan 22 with 1747 viewstoemasher

Smithies on 17:19 - Jan 22 with 1690 viewsHunterhoop

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/164840/supporting-

Some interesting other comments, in that one!

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/179420/2464335/som

This is a corker! Sorry, PP! "Ingram should be our number 1".

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/164794/2201473/fau

Cracking effort at "Luongo".

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/163575/2178612/pis

In this one abov, JonDoeman (where is he now?!) admits to being critical of Smithies early on.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/153961/2119922/kin

The monster thread when, after his debut, Smithies was getting tons of stick (in amongst the tons of stick Green was getting too).

We're quick to judge aren't we!

In all seriousness, we all say things we regret or turn out to be completely wrong. But perhaps, looking back on these threads, we could look to not write off some of our players as quickly as we do when they first join or make their debut....we're now talking about Smithies as our best keeper in 25 years and one of our best signings in the same period...
Smithies on 00:43 - Jan 23 with 1500 viewskensalriser

All getting a bit over-excited about our average to middling Championship keeper who's got lucky with a couple of penalties. Nothing to see here, move along.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Smithies on 01:21 - Jan 23 with 1481 viewsBoston

Smithies on 00:43 - Jan 23 by kensalriser

All getting a bit over-excited about our average to middling Championship keeper who's got lucky with a couple of penalties. Nothing to see here, move along.

Have you been drinking,young man?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 1:21]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Smithies on 02:03 - Jan 23 with 1466 viewsisawqpratwcity

Smithies on 01:21 - Jan 23 by Boston

Have you been drinking,young man?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 1:21]

Wot?

Nah, I ain't seen no decent goalie round 'ere.

Sorry, Guv'nor.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Smithies on 05:41 - Jan 23 with 1411 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What's the opposite of Figging?

Whatever it is, we need to give him a dose when those Villa / Bournemouth scouts pay us a visit.
Smithies on 08:20 - Jan 23 with 1881 viewspaulparker

Smithies on 17:19 - Jan 22 by Hunterhoop

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/164840/supporting-

Some interesting other comments, in that one!

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/179420/2464335/som

This is a corker! Sorry, PP! "Ingram should be our number 1".

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/164794/2201473/fau

Cracking effort at "Luongo".

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/163575/2178612/pis

In this one abov, JonDoeman (where is he now?!) admits to being critical of Smithies early on.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/153961/2119922/kin

The monster thread when, after his debut, Smithies was getting tons of stick (in amongst the tons of stick Green was getting too).

We're quick to judge aren't we!

In all seriousness, we all say things we regret or turn out to be completely wrong. But perhaps, looking back on these threads, we could look to not write off some of our players as quickly as we do when they first join or make their debut....we're now talking about Smithies as our best keeper in 25 years and one of our best signings in the same period...

My comments about smithies was after the Sunderland game where Ingram played well and at the time smithies had let a couple of easy goals in , I said Ingram should have a run , he played well in that game , nothing wrong in that its the same with furlong doing well and dropping perch
in fact ive never coated smithies off at all I think he is a very good keeper, on the flip side where are those who were raving about Caulker being the difference this year after his "charity work" , or where are those who said BAE is our greatest fullback or those who said touzer was the new don givens (hello blob) or those who said polter would bang in 20 this season

football is all about opinions , if anything most people go a little overboard after a few good performances , I saw a thread about bidwell being the new ian dawes ffs,

happy to be proved wrong but ive never said smithies is the best keeper in the last 25 years , seamen & stejskal are very hard to beat imo , lets just enjoy the bloke while he is here because come the summer he could be off

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Smithies on 08:43 - Jan 23 with 1853 viewsparker64

Smithies on 08:20 - Jan 23 by paulparker

My comments about smithies was after the Sunderland game where Ingram played well and at the time smithies had let a couple of easy goals in , I said Ingram should have a run , he played well in that game , nothing wrong in that its the same with furlong doing well and dropping perch
in fact ive never coated smithies off at all I think he is a very good keeper, on the flip side where are those who were raving about Caulker being the difference this year after his "charity work" , or where are those who said BAE is our greatest fullback or those who said touzer was the new don givens (hello blob) or those who said polter would bang in 20 this season

football is all about opinions , if anything most people go a little overboard after a few good performances , I saw a thread about bidwell being the new ian dawes ffs,

happy to be proved wrong but ive never said smithies is the best keeper in the last 25 years , seamen & stejskal are very hard to beat imo , lets just enjoy the bloke while he is here because come the summer he could be off

PP - your problem is you're so angry about everything you don't bother reading what's in front of you. Calm down, it's only a game.

PS:

I think Smithies is the new Phil Parks.
Smithies on 08:49 - Jan 23 with 1843 viewspaulparker

Smithies on 08:43 - Jan 23 by parker64

PP - your problem is you're so angry about everything you don't bother reading what's in front of you. Calm down, it's only a game.

PS:

What are you going on about ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Smithies on 09:00 - Jan 23 with 1825 viewsLblock

Smithies on 08:49 - Jan 23 by paulparker

Seems to me that everyone has to be VERY careful what they post up on here these days

The Bundesnachrichtendienst are on you for the slightest thing and it's held up as Exhibit A months or years later.
Emotive game this football lark - views can swing wildly (okay maybe that's also called being fickle); and also approaches, tactics, personnel and players attitudes can swing.

I've always been happy to put my hands up when wrong - I'll cite my original views on Ned under Hughesless. I'll admit with Smithers I had huge concerns on his debut in the League Cup, he looked really nervous and in his first 3 or 4 games conceeded a couple of ricks.
Now I wouldn't swap him for any other keeper we'd realistically be able to nab, the lad is destined for the upper echelons with the only thing holding him back being he's not from the continent and doesn't look like a 7 foot monster.

Ingram is an able deputy and I hope he remains patient and continues to sing his mantra "Yah mo be there" on the bench. At worst a loan period for sharpness next season before he returns after we've sold Smithers for £25 million and a crate of Guinness

Penalty Ninja indeed

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Smithies on 09:01 - Jan 23 with 1822 viewsShotKneesHoop

Smithies on 08:49 - Jan 23 by paulparker

I think Phil Parks is the old Phil Parkes.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Smithies on 09:02 - Jan 23 with 1820 viewsShotKneesHoop

Smithies on 08:43 - Jan 23 by parker64

PS:

I think Phil Parks is the old Phil Parkes.

And Smithies is the new one.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Smithies on 09:22 - Jan 23 with 1782 views2Thomas2Bowles

He is not the new Phil Parkes.... not yet maybe never. he is his own man.

Same as all the other very good keepers we have had.

Smithies on 10:08 - Jan 23 with 1733 viewspaulparker

Smithies on 09:00 - Jan 23 by Lblock

Seems to me that everyone has to be VERY careful what they post up on here these days

The Bundesnachrichtendienst are on you for the slightest thing and it's held up as Exhibit A months or years later.
Emotive game this football lark - views can swing wildly (okay maybe that's also called being fickle); and also approaches, tactics, personnel and players attitudes can swing.

I've always been happy to put my hands up when wrong - I'll cite my original views on Ned under Hughesless. I'll admit with Smithers I had huge concerns on his debut in the League Cup, he looked really nervous and in his first 3 or 4 games conceeded a couple of ricks.
Now I wouldn't swap him for any other keeper we'd realistically be able to nab, the lad is destined for the upper echelons with the only thing holding him back being he's not from the continent and doesn't look like a 7 foot monster.

Ingram is an able deputy and I hope he remains patient and continues to sing his mantra "Yah mo be there" on the bench. At worst a loan period for sharpness next season before he returns after we've sold Smithers for £25 million and a crate of Guinness

Penalty Ninja indeed

Anything that you and I and a few others seem to post seem to be examined and then re examined , apparently my reply to Hunter was really angry , lol
in life some people are a glass half empty type (me) and some are half full, that's life
we are on a good run at the moment and our manager is doing ok after a shaky start
but some of the comparisons to past players have by and large been OTT , im sure I saw manning and Gerry francis being mentioned in the same sentence
lets face it most of our players have under performed the last 2 years and have let us down and the criticism on here has been justified , some players have a point to prove and if they prove me wrong then fair do's
football is all about opinions and its a message board about football so you get it right and you get it wrong
but this MB seems like a d1ck swinging contest at times

Smithies on 10:22 - Jan 23 with 1704 views2Thomas2Bowles

Smithies on 10:08 - Jan 23 by paulparker

Anything that you and I and a few others seem to post seem to be examined and then re examined , apparently my reply to Hunter was really angry , lol
in life some people are a glass half empty type (me) and some are half full, that's life
we are on a good run at the moment and our manager is doing ok after a shaky start
but some of the comparisons to past players have by and large been OTT , im sure I saw manning and Gerry francis being mentioned in the same sentence
lets face it most of our players have under performed the last 2 years and have let us down and the criticism on here has been justified , some players have a point to prove and if they prove me wrong then fair do's
football is all about opinions and its a message board about football so you get it right and you get it wrong
but this MB seems like a d1ck swinging contest at times

im sure I saw manning and Gerry francis being mentioned in the same sentence.

Yeah that was me.

It does not mean he is as good as or a direct comparision when GF was at his best, just his work rate and the way he attacked from the middle for the pass in the Reading game and the goal v Fulham reminderd me of GF.

GF reached his hights at 24/25 Manning is 20 who knows what he will do in the next 5 years.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 10:23]

Smithies on 10:22 - Jan 23 with 1699 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Have to admit that this thread has gotten a bit personal. Maybe not in a snidey way but there really is no need to hang fellow posters out to dry for previous comments.

Thank God that my comment that "Zidane will never be world-class" wasn't posted on this board.

Well, not until...er....now...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024