Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smithies 15:28 - Jan 21 with 7020 viewsDieByYourSide

Poll: And it's hi ho

Smithies on 15:36 - Jan 21 with 4627 viewsLongsufferingR

It's actually getting frightening now. Looked like a good penalty right in the corner from where I was.

Amazing.
Smithies on 15:41 - Jan 21 with 4608 viewsTacticalR

Smithies stretched right across the goal to get that one. The bloke next to me asked: 'How does he do it?'

We must be the only team in the country that doesn't worry about giving away penalties.

Air hostess clique

Smithies on 15:41 - Jan 21 with 4605 viewsDieByYourSide

B*llocks to signing a striker, let's make tieing him down to a new deal our main priority this window. Class, class keeper.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Smithies on 15:46 - Jan 21 with 4589 viewsBoston

Bow, bow, bow and erm no arrows.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Smithies on 16:40 - Jan 21 with 4482 viewsDejR_vu

Oozes class. Best keeper we've had since Seaman. Different level to everyone else.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Smithies on 16:42 - Jan 21 with 4469 viewsted_hendrix

I'm hoping and praying he is still with us on the 1st February 2017.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Smithies on 16:44 - Jan 21 with 4453 viewsNorthernr

Smithies on 15:41 - Jan 21 by TacticalR

Smithies stretched right across the goal to get that one. The bloke next to me asked: 'How does he do it?'

We must be the only team in the country that doesn't worry about giving away penalties.

If you watch him on the penalties he can get his hand right down into the corner without moving his feet. Ordinarily goalkeepers will take a little step either direction before diving, which obviously takes a fraction of a second longer and means they pretty much have to guess which way it's going. Smithies can get there from a standing start, so is able to wait that bit longer.

That and he's a fcking God, which helps.
Smithies on 16:56 - Jan 21 with 4412 viewsbosh67

Really great display by Smithies today. No chance with the goal but the pen save was his best so far and the save from a dipping curler in the second was so much more difficult than he made it look. Great keeper.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Smithies on 17:16 - Jan 21 with 4352 viewsShotKneesHoop

Smithies on 16:40 - Jan 21 by DejR_vu

Oozes class. Best keeper we've had since Seaman. Different level to everyone else.

Smithies is even better than Seaman - he's like Phil Parkes - look, build, action, results.. Parkes was the ultimate R's keeper - no -one better. Like Gordon Banks but with long hair.

Which manager signed him? Please don't say Redknobb, Please, please, please, please, please let me get what I want this time .... anyone but Redkbobb.

Thank phoook that no Premier Managers or Clubs rate English goalkeepers, otherwise he'd be gone in this window.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Smithies on 17:18 - Jan 21 with 4339 viewsNorthernr

Smithies on 17:16 - Jan 21 by ShotKneesHoop

Smithies is even better than Seaman - he's like Phil Parkes - look, build, action, results.. Parkes was the ultimate R's keeper - no -one better. Like Gordon Banks but with long hair.

Which manager signed him? Please don't say Redknobb, Please, please, please, please, please let me get what I want this time .... anyone but Redkbobb.

Thank phoook that no Premier Managers or Clubs rate English goalkeepers, otherwise he'd be gone in this window.

Evil Les and Tottenham Chris strike again I'm afraid.
Smithies on 17:22 - Jan 21 with 4306 viewsHollowayRanger

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38619053

great photo on bbc page saved 6 out of 10 pens faced FOR QPR

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Smithies on 17:27 - Jan 21 with 4284 viewsShotKneesHoop

Smithies on 17:18 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Evil Les and Tottenham Chris strike again I'm afraid.

Thank phhooook for that,

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Smithies on 17:40 - Jan 21 with 4252 viewskarl

Add to his general awesomeness faultless kicking under pressure, everytime he more than cleared the halfway line and the ball couldnt come back on top of the defence quickly.
I was under the impression our keepers were always kicking into a gale force wind before he came!
Smithies on 18:26 - Jan 21 with 4155 viewsLazyFan

Penalty Ninja

zzzzzzzzzz

Smithies on 18:40 - Jan 21 with 4114 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He's not just our best keeper in a long time, he's our best player in a long time. I'm going to have to rack my brains but I think he could be our best player in many, many years.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Smithies on 18:53 - Jan 21 with 4073 viewsHarbour

Brilliant today could easily play in the premier league guy is fantastic keeper
Smithies on 19:24 - Jan 21 with 4016 viewsfrancisbowles

Hopefully, with Lumley loaned out we are keeping him and Tony is dipping in to Tune's money, to ensure he signs a new contract.
Smithies on 19:47 - Jan 21 with 3955 viewsHunterhoop

It's now 6 saved, one hit post, out of 10 pens faced. He's conceded 3 from 10 basically in the league in 13 months for us. Insane.

I will, when I get the chance, find my post from a year ago saying he'd be our best keeper since Seaman....in this instance, I'm more than happy to say "I told you so".

Both Smithies and Manning.....Les' signings. Shock horror.
Smithies on 19:52 - Jan 21 with 3932 viewsbaz_qpr

If you are Gareth Southgate surely you've got to be looking at him for the 2018 World Cup, if only for the penalty shoot outs
Smithies on 20:02 - Jan 21 with 3912 viewsDannyPaddox

Loved it around 70 mins. Martin took a challenge in the area and started to fall but subsequently decided to stay upright as if thinking: "Fcuk this, pointless getting my elbows dirty winning a penalty with this bloke in goal!"
Smithies on 22:22 - Jan 21 with 3758 viewspaulparker

Smithies on 19:52 - Jan 21 by baz_qpr

If you are Gareth Southgate surely you've got to be looking at him for the 2018 World Cup, if only for the penalty shoot outs

More chance of me being called up for England , Southgate wouldn't have the balls

Smithies is class why oh why we kept faith with Green for so long
You look at Man City and liverpools keepers and smithies is twice the player as them , if we sell it has to be 10 million this bloke has saved us 10 points this year alone

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Smithies on 00:04 - Jan 22 with 3663 viewsAgedR

Got in to a row defending him when he dropped one in against Blackburn on debut.

Feeling rather smug now if I'm honest.

Kicking, handling, shot stopping. He's got the lot.

I thought Green was a decent pro and found myself in occasional accord with Bruce Lee regarding him, but, Smithies is on a completely different level.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Smithies on 05:48 - Jan 22 with 3523 viewsderbyhoop

Smithies on 19:52 - Jan 21 by baz_qpr

+1

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Smithies on 09:38 - Jan 22 with 3403 viewsShotKneesHoop

Six out of ten cats can't score penalties against him, Top Cat.

Smithies on 09:51 - Jan 22 with 3373 viewsPunteR

Better than Green. Paddy Kenny takes some beating though for that championship winning season.
Smithies is going to have a good career for sure. Lets hope its here.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024