Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Proper London derby! 16:21 - Jan 21 with 1926 viewsconnell10

Loved it , yes Fulham were the best footballing side but my god every rangers player played with passion and heart!!! Smithies what a penalty save, Mackie is everything that's good about rangers at the moment. Manning what a great little player, I could go on as every single player gave it their all but the mom for me was grant hall what a great display by the him!! Do you know what I actually think this team gets it!! Big up for the crowd and Marc bircham loved it!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Proper London derby! on 16:29 - Jan 21 with 1866 viewsTacticalR

I thought it was an absorbing game of contrasting styles, with Fulham playing possession football and us playing counter-attacking football.

For our goal you saw one of the risks of possession football, which is getting caught at the back (which didn't happen very often as Fulham knew what they were doing).

Air hostess clique

Proper London derby! on 16:48 - Jan 21 with 1749 viewsconnell10

Proper London derby! on 16:29 - Jan 21 by TacticalR

I thought it was an absorbing game of contrasting styles, with Fulham playing possession football and us playing counter-attacking football.

For our goal you saw one of the risks of possession football, which is getting caught at the back (which didn't happen very often as Fulham knew what they were doing).

Agree mate👍

Proper London derby! on 16:59 - Jan 21 with 1710 viewsbosh67

Yup, good game, fair result. Fulham play a lot of tidy football. Perhaps guilty of not doing much with it. We sit a bit too deep a lot of the time. Their back line was slow, we had them for pace but didn't exploit it well enough. That said, lots of heart and a lot more like an even football match.

At least we have broken the hoodoo.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Proper London derby! on 17:30 - Jan 21 with 1597 viewsBostonR

R's were good today so Holloway deserves credit for that team plan and performance. Fulham had lots of possession but did very little with it. I thought they looked lightweight and their two centre-backs were average. If they lose Cairney they will have to re-think.
I just wanted us to have a bit more composure as I thought we could have had a proper go but with Sylla having a poor game we were limited in attacking options.
Hall is my MOM - outstanding today.
Proper London derby! on 18:06 - Jan 21 with 1447 viewsconnell10

Proper London derby! on 17:30 - Jan 21 by BostonR

R's were good today so Holloway deserves credit for that team plan and performance. Fulham had lots of possession but did very little with it. I thought they looked lightweight and their two centre-backs were average. If they lose Cairney they will have to re-think.
I just wanted us to have a bit more composure as I thought we could have had a proper go but with Sylla having a poor game we were limited in attacking options.

Agree mate , hall was massive!

Proper London derby! on 18:17 - Jan 21 with 1395 viewscheeseydane

Like this system we play... but we need a proper spearhead. We could easily have won today with more quality up top.
Had high expectations of Silla, but just dont see it tbh.
We need a striker.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Proper London derby! on 18:22 - Jan 21 with 1361 viewsShotKneesHoop

Proper London derby! on 18:17 - Jan 21 by cheeseydane

Like this system we play... but we need a proper spearhead. We could easily have won today with more quality up top.
We need a striker.

Charlie would murder the opposition in this league.... again.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Proper London derby! on 18:29 - Jan 21 with 1340 viewsWadR

Thought Lynch and Hall were excellent in defence, both dealt with Martin well. Hall's positioning I thought was superb, swept up a lot of loose balls and knew when to come out of the defence and when to drop back.

Could've won that with a bit more quality and composure going forward, that Sylla chance in the first half the glaring example. While we harried, pressed (and fouled) them well, on the ball our breaks were too often ponderous, passes underplayed, players offside or poor runs made. There were several times when Mackie was, pretty inexplicably, offside which slowed down counters. Sylla's positioning too, at some times was odd.

Still, defensively there's been a huge improvement and it feels like a good base to build from. The whole team (and crowd actually) feels more unified, which is so heartening.
Login to get fewer ads

Proper London derby! on 18:46 - Jan 21 with 1280 viewssmegma

Proper London derby! on 17:30 - Jan 21 by BostonR

If they lose Cairney they'll get another player to fall over all the time and harangue the officials at every opportunity. And I thought it was only Johnny foreigners that did this.
He had the referee and the linos in his back pocket all game. Hence he never got sent off at the end.
Proper London derby! on 09:27 - Jan 22 with 823 viewsthemodfather

a weak pen given by a dire ref, he got most wrong...the fulham team seemed coached to fall down at any touch, yet martin is huge but 2 or 3 times went down holding his hand?
great save by smithies, saving 3 in a row v fulham! must be a record...anyway we never found the 2nd and their goal was coming, but we didn't clear, i couldn't see who it was but qpr headed and our player on edge of box, just sticks a leg out and they shot and stab it home, gutted. if our guy shows a bit more maybe we block? still 4 unbeaten and a derby etc....i thought fulham doubted the pitch, they messed a lot up at the back and let too many bounce. lloungo was poor imo but overall we have stemmed the losses, building new confidence and look so much better now. well done.
Proper London derby! on 10:06 - Jan 22 with 722 viewsfrancisbowles

Proper London derby! on 18:17 - Jan 21 by cheeseydane

We need a striker.

I think you are being a little harsh on Sylla. I don't think he had one of his better days but he still tried to do what was asked of him, i.e. hold and lay and press the defenders.

He has shown he is a good finisher when a good ball is played in but yesterday that didn't work. He lacks a little bit of discipline as shown by his silly yellow card, which made it more likely that he would be subbed.

it is first season with a new team, in a new league, in a new country with a language he doesn't speak and he missed our pre season, so is not as fit as most of the others. He also has to adapt to a second manager with different demands.

I hope that Les is getting his tracksuit on and giving him some extra striker coaching.
A bit of faith in him and he could become much better and consistent. A lack of love and he will struggle and be looking for a move to France or wherever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024