Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester really in the sh*t 12:31 - Jan 22 with 9610 viewsJAPRANGERS

Losing 1-0 at Southampton and only 5 points above the drop zone.

Has it ever happened before that a team wins the Premier/First Division one season and gets relegated the next?? What an achievement!

Leicester really in the sh*t on 12:34 - Jan 22 with 5259 viewsisawqpratwcity

"Manchester City became the only team to have been relegated in the season after winning the league title as well as the only team to ever be relegated from the top tier of English football having scored the most goals in that particular season.[1]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1937%E2%80%9338_in_English_football

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Leicester really in the sh*t on 12:36 - Jan 22 with 5258 viewsplasmahoop

I really hope they don't, but have a horrible feeling they might. Some of the others are starting to sort themselves out, but they need to get to 38/40 points. Its a long way off
Leicester really in the sh*t on 12:36 - Jan 22 with 5256 viewsMedwayR

They're going to win the Champions League and get relegated in the same season.

Poll: Who’s better?

Leicester really in the sh*t on 12:42 - Jan 22 with 5240 viewsstowmarketrange

Didn't dirty Leeds flirt with relegation in 92/93 after they won the last 1st division title?

They avoided the drop by 2pts that year.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 12:56]
Leicester really in the sh*t on 12:43 - Jan 22 with 5233 viewsJamie

Not sure where the surprise is. It was publicly revealed that they were doping last year. The guy providing the drugs even admitted it and threw himself under the bus before the story was quickly swept under the carpet.

Can't have anything damaging the PL reputation after all can we.

Same as Mark Halsey revealing that he had been pressured from above to change decisions and lie in match reports. Made headlines for one day then quickly swept away and ignored.

It's only the French, the Spanish, the Italians and the Germans who are bent.

Not the Premier League. Squeaky clean that.
Leicester really in the sh*t on 12:49 - Jan 22 with 5209 viewsJAPRANGERS

Leicester really in the sh*t on 12:34 - Jan 22 by isawqpratwcity

"Manchester City became the only team to have been relegated in the season after winning the league title as well as the only team to ever be relegated from the top tier of English football having scored the most goals in that particular season.[1]"

Thanks for the info mate!
Leicester really in the sh*t on 12:52 - Jan 22 with 5194 viewsstowmarketrange

Leicester really in the sh*t on 12:34 - Jan 22 by isawqpratwcity

Newcastle were only a couple of goals away from relegation to the 3rd division north in that year too.They could've had a derby with Gateshead the following season.
Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:02 - Jan 22 with 5153 viewsLblock

And how they scoffed and laughed at me putting a tenner on at 40/1 for relegation start of the season

Hope they drop!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:12 - Jan 22 with 5119 viewsisawqpratwcity

Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:02 - Jan 22 by Lblock

And how they scoffed and laughed at me putting a tenner on at 40/1 for relegation start of the season

Hope they drop!!!

When you think it's only happened once in 130 years, 40/1 seems a bit niggardly.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:16 - Jan 22 with 5106 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Leicester really in the sh*t on 12:43 - Jan 22 by Jamie

Not sure where the surprise is. It was publicly revealed that they were doping last year. The guy providing the drugs even admitted it and threw himself under the bus before the story was quickly swept under the carpet.

Same as Mark Halsey revealing that he had been pressured from above to change decisions and lie in match reports. Made headlines for one day then quickly swept away and ignored.

[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 13:18]
Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:16 - Jan 22 with 5106 viewsJAPRANGERS

Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:02 - Jan 22 by Lblock

Hope they drop!!!

Looks like quite possibly drinks on you then Herr Lblock!
Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:23 - Jan 22 with 5069 viewsDorse

My old man supports Leicester and he has been, and remains, an insufferable t wat since they won. I hope they go down, go into liquidation, demolish their ground and salt the earth. Fcuk the lot of them.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:37 - Jan 22 with 5024 views2Thomas2Bowles

I love what the did last season and I hope they don't go down.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:43 - Jan 22 with 5001 viewsJAPRANGERS

jeez 3-0 now. meltdown
Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:56 - Jan 22 with 4960 viewsCamberleyR

Ipswich nearly managed it in 1962-63. They completed the job in 1963-64 and in style too finishing bottom conceding 121 goals.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:56 - Jan 22 with 4953 viewsingeminate

Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:43 - Jan 22 by JAPRANGERS

jeez 3-0 now. meltdown

Thing is it doesn't really matter if they go down, if you support a club like Leicester relegation and promotion are part and parcel. Winning the premier league and champions league football will stay with those fans for the rest of their lives.

If we won the prem i wouldn't give a monkeys - nobody can take that away from you.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Leicester really in the sh*t on 14:17 - Jan 22 with 4874 viewsJAPRANGERS

Leicester really in the sh*t on 13:56 - Jan 22 by ingeminate

Thing is it doesn't really matter if they go down, if you support a club like Leicester relegation and promotion are part and parcel. Winning the premier league and champions league football will stay with those fans for the rest of their lives.

If we won the prem i wouldn't give a monkeys - nobody can take that away from you.

What you say may well have been true in the past but now with the TV money on offer, relegation is just an unmitigated disaster.
Leicester really in the sh*t on 20:19 - Jan 22 with 4582 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bloke who sits in front of me, lumped on them being relegated at the start of the season. I think he got 40-1 as well.

Could be a nice £4 coming his way!

(Joking I think he got on it with a score)

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Leicester really in the sh*t on 20:39 - Jan 22 with 4534 viewsmakaveli1882

Champions of England and in last 16 of champions league..depends what you wish for when you pay for a season ticket (which is less than ours West ham etc etc)

But the fall from grace has been more dramatic than I thought

Want a player kante is eh!!

Hope they stay up just for the hope of us little clubs...similar to us in thathe 76 season
Leicester really in the sh*t on 20:56 - Jan 22 with 4500 viewsCamberleyR

Leicester really in the sh*t on 20:39 - Jan 22 by makaveli1882

Champions of England and in last 16 of champions league..depends what you wish for when you pay for a season ticket (which is less than ours West ham etc etc)

But the fall from grace has been more dramatic than I thought

Want a player kante is eh!!

Hope they stay up just for the hope of us little clubs...similar to us in thathe 76 season

Their season has had similarities with ours in 76/77. I can remember feeling supremely confident prior to the 76/77 season starting and then being brought crashing back to earth by our 4-0 thrashing at home to Everton in the first game of the season. We took ages to recover from that result and only really got safe quite late in the season with a good run of form, however like Leicester we had a good season in European football.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Leicester really in the sh*t on 21:07 - Jan 22 with 4465 viewsmakaveli1882

Leicester really in the sh*t on 20:56 - Jan 22 by CamberleyR

Their season has had similarities with ours in 76/77. I can remember feeling supremely confident prior to the 76/77 season starting and then being brought crashing back to earth by our 4-0 thrashing at home to Everton in the first game of the season. We took ages to recover from that result and only really got safe quite late in the season with a good run of form, however like Leicester we had a good season in European football.

Bit before my time; was in Cologne last week who we beat of the way; last team from England in the competition; Juve in quarter finals 3-0 in first leg; you know the rest etc etc
Leicester really in the sh*t on 22:50 - Jan 22 with 4318 viewsGloryHunter

Leicester really in the sh*t on 12:43 - Jan 22 by Jamie

Leeds under Don Revie were also revealed as having bribed their way to the title. After Revie left for the England job they dropped like a stone.
Leicester really in the sh*t on 23:17 - Jan 22 with 4277 viewsbosh67

Selling Kante and not finding a player that breaks up absolutely everything and covers every blade of grass has been their undoing. He was that important to them last season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Leicester really in the sh*t on 23:28 - Jan 22 with 4263 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I think they will be as there are four worse teams ie the current bottom four.
Leicester really in the sh*t on 23:45 - Jan 22 with 4235 views2Thomas2Bowles

Leicester really in the sh*t on 23:28 - Jan 22 by CroydonCaptJack

I think they will be as there are four worse teams ie the current bottom four.

Can't see Sunderland staying up this season

CP looking very poor but you never can say they will go down under Sam A but maybe he will go down for the first time

Hull were unlucky today with Arsenal having fergie time 98 min pen, I think they have a chance of staying up

Swansea, before yesterday they were going down 50/50 on them now

Middlesbrough I don't really know another 50/50

Leicester, I thought after they took Man C apart a few weeks ago that they had turned things around, did not play badly against the scum but lost, poor today but still think they are the best of thoses.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 23:52]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024