Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smiff 00:53 - Jan 30 with 11988 viewsBoston

This bloke moving across the borough?

[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 0:59]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Smiff on 07:41 - Jan 30 with 5568 viewsRs_Holy

Smiff on 08:09 - Jan 30 with 5508 viewsKonk

If he is, he'll be doing it very, very slowly and he'll need to take a breather by the time he gets to Hammersmith Broadway.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Smiff on 08:59 - Jan 30 with 5365 viewssmegma

Smiff on 08:09 - Jan 30 by Konk

If he is, he'll be doing it very, very slowly and he'll need to take a breather by the time he gets to Hammersmith Broadway.

But can he take penalties?
Smiff on 09:33 - Jan 30 with 5291 viewsbosh67

I have followed this lad's career and I think he is a very decent player, with huge physical presence. Reminds me of Zamora in his ability to hold and disrupt but he is also a great target man. One in 4 throughout his career, so needs service but I think he is the kind of tough big player we need to get on the end of things.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Smiff on 09:36 - Jan 30 with 5273 viewsToast_R

Smiff on 09:33 - Jan 30 by bosh67

I have followed this lad's career and I think he is a very decent player, with huge physical presence. Reminds me of Zamora in his ability to hold and disrupt but he is also a great target man. One in 4 throughout his career, so needs service but I think he is the kind of tough big player we need to get on the end of things.

Yep I agree, whilst he's certainly not brilliant, he'll be good cover for Sylla.
Typical Holloway signing though.
Smiff on 09:48 - Jan 30 with 5235 viewsKonk

Decent bloke and a worker, but he makes Chris Martin look like a model of mobility and pace. The archetypal lump, he looks absolutely knackered after half a game. That said, we’ve never really played to his strengths and if you were going to lump balls into the box, you might get somewhere. He certainly occupies a centre back because of the potential to cause problems. Not personally convinced by comparisons with Zamora as Zamora had a lot more about him — the same strength, better touch, better finishing and much more movement. I don’t dislike Smith, but reckon top of League 1 or bottom of the Championship is probably his limit.

Smiff on 09:52 - Jan 30 with 5220 viewsonlyrinmoray

Reminds me physically and facially of Heider H if he is anything like him he would be a great buy
Back up for Sylla ?? I think he would be better, Sylla hasn't convinced me from what I have seen of him. Polter was marginally better
Smiff on 10:01 - Jan 30 with 5176 viewstimcocking

So are we going to sign a striker who can't score? Brilliant. I don't think FFP is to blame to this extent, i think we're being incredibly tight our money.

Can't really claim to know much about this fella, so hopefully he'll do an Alex Smithies, but i've only ever known him to be poor.

Bobby Zamora scored millions of goals in his younger days and was a good player. Not this guy to my limited knowledge.
Login to get fewer ads

Smiff on 10:02 - Jan 30 with 5172 viewsKonk

Smiff on 09:52 - Jan 30 by onlyrinmoray

Reminds me physically and facially of Heider H if he is anything like him he would be a great buy
Back up for Sylla ?? I think he would be better, Sylla hasn't convinced me from what I have seen of him. Polter was marginally better

Having watched both, I think HH was a much better player, but like I say, we haven't played to his strengths.

Smiff on 10:35 - Jan 30 with 5032 viewsMrSheen

White Kevin Francis, he's just a white Kevin Francis.

According to WIkipedia, the man himself is a cop in Calgary these days.
Smiff on 10:42 - Jan 30 with 5007 viewsStanisgod

Smiff on 09:48 - Jan 30 by Konk

Decent bloke and a worker, but he makes Chris Martin look like a model of mobility and pace. The archetypal lump, he looks absolutely knackered after half a game. That said, we’ve never really played to his strengths and if you were going to lump balls into the box, you might get somewhere. He certainly occupies a centre back because of the potential to cause problems. Not personally convinced by comparisons with Zamora as Zamora had a lot more about him — the same strength, better touch, better finishing and much more movement. I don’t dislike Smith, but reckon top of League 1 or bottom of the Championship is probably his limit.

Bottom of the championship player aye

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Smiff on 10:57 - Jan 30 with 4952 viewsBostonR

Typical Holloway "hoofball" merchant.

I assume this is to back-up Sylla who had the worst 90mins I have witnessed by a R's player on Sat for sometime.
Smiff on 11:16 - Jan 30 with 4866 viewssmegma

Smiff on 10:01 - Jan 30 by timcocking

So are we going to sign a striker who can't score? Brilliant. I don't think FFP is to blame to this extent, i think we're being incredibly tight our money.

Can't really claim to know much about this fella, so hopefully he'll do an Alex Smithies, but i've only ever known him to be poor.

Bobby Zamora scored millions of goals in his younger days and was a good player. Not this guy to my limited knowledge.

Slight exaggeration on 'our Bobby' who averaged about 8 goals a season over his career. His average for us was half that figure. Only did well at Brighton in his younger days but he left them 13 years ago.
As for Mr Smith, we'd have to first buy someone who can beat the first defender when crossing the ball.
Smiff on 11:19 - Jan 30 with 4860 viewsDWQPR

Would rather see us sign Gregory from Millwall.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Smiff on 11:26 - Jan 30 with 4840 viewsAntti_Heinola

Smiff on 10:57 - Jan 30 by BostonR

I assume this is to back-up Sylla who had the worst 90mins I have witnessed by a R's player on Sat for sometime.

At least since late December, anyway.

Bare bones.

Smiff on 11:53 - Jan 30 with 4785 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Smiff on 10:57 - Jan 30 by BostonR

To be fair although I agree he was lackluster on Saturday he had zero service and was isolated most of the time. Lumping it up in his vague direction just doesn't work as we've seen time and time again regardless if it's been him, Washington or Polter up front. On the odd occasion we got the ball out wide and crossed from the byline (as Pavel tried doing) we looked vaguely threatening. Doesn't matter who we have up front if we deploy this bollocks long ball tactic with Lynch just lumping it forward.
Smiff on 12:08 - Jan 30 with 4712 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Could someone remind me, was he just a lump when he was on his 11 in 20 games streak at Bristol City and there was a buzz we wanted to sign him?
Smiff on 12:32 - Jan 30 with 4636 viewsDejR_vu

Smiff on 10:42 - Jan 30 by Stanisgod

Bottom of the championship player aye

or 'top of league 1'.

Might end up being too good for us

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Smiff on 12:51 - Jan 30 with 4554 viewsDeepcutHoop

Smiff on 10:01 - Jan 30 by timcocking

Why do you think this signing would be just us being 'tight' rather than having to cut our cloth because of FFP?
Smiff on 13:08 - Jan 30 with 4490 viewsHooped_Pullie

Looked an interesting prospect pre-Leeds, never really given a long run there.

I am seeing an English Polter in the making here...at least he won't be homesick for Merkel-Land !
Smiff on 13:10 - Jan 30 with 4482 viewsbosh67

Smiff on 12:51 - Jan 30 by DeepcutHoop

Why do you think this signing would be just us being 'tight' rather than having to cut our cloth because of FFP?

We've been quoted a million for him. I think that is too high but... we got £3.5m for Seb Polter and I don't think this lad is any less good.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Smiff on 13:18 - Jan 30 with 4442 viewsWatford_Ranger

Smiff on 13:10 - Jan 30 by bosh67

We've been quoted a million for him. I think that is too high but... we got £3.5m for Seb Polter and I don't think this lad is any less good.

Would definitely rather have Polter but £1m wouldn't be a crazy risk in an area we are desperately short. Our style (or lack of it) would suit him.

He's only started 91 games in his career which is a bit concerning for a 27-year-old.
Smiff on 13:21 - Jan 30 with 4422 views2Thomas2Bowles

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Smiff on 13:32 - Jan 30 with 4373 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Smiff on 13:55 - Jan 30 with 4299 viewsWatford_Ranger

Smiff on 13:32 - Jan 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

That goal at Leicester though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024