Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump, What do we all think so far? 16:28 - Jan 31 with 44023 viewseasthertsr

I'm bored with the transfer window, so what does the board think about what he has done so far? I think his political base will be delighted, the rest of us all have our fingers crossed!We are in deep doo-doo if we have to deal with that moron!
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 21:49 - Feb 16 with 4180 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 21:29 - Feb 16 by DeepcutHoop

That press conference was utterly unhinged.

Just one of the questions posed.

Fugging hell.....

Apart from the verbal diarrhoea, how can the U.S. President get the Israeli Prime Minister's name wrong?

As for his announcement, it's the U.S. telling Palestine that the two-state deal is off the table. Which is exactly what was expected. Both he and his Middle Eastern Expert (his Son-in-Law) are investors in Land-Grab deals on occupied Palestinian soil.

Last I heard, there was no proof that President Trump had divested himself of these commercial interests, contrary to U.S. presidential convention, which means that at the moment of the summit with the Israeli Prime Minister and at the moment of the press conference he had a vested financial interest in illegal Israeli occupation of Palestinian land that was recently invaded in direct violation of United Nations Resolutions.

So him saying that he was happy with whatever the two parties "decided" was equivalent to Mother Nature saying that she was happy with whatever was decided between a Hurricane and a chick in a precarious nest.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2017 1:09]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 22:02 - Feb 16 with 4165 viewsBrightonhoop

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 12:37 - Feb 15 by Trance_Trousers

Is that you George osbourne ?

Que? No.
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 22:07 - Feb 16 with 4155 viewsBrightonhoop

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 12:51 - Feb 15 by LythamR

"There is an increasing likelihood that North Korea will attack the South and American bases at Guam"

Guam? LOL

Do keep up. The land launched balistic missiles with a 500 km range are only half of the story. Satellite pictures have concluded his second hand subs using old polaris style missiles, fired out of the fin, are preparing to go to sea.
He;s extremely caable and etremely unstable. Just as well Trumps resident then....ffs
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 16:28 - Feb 17 with 4023 viewsrunningman75

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/17/trump-immigration-roundup-nation

Let the fun commence
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 18:50 - Feb 17 with 3969 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 16:28 - Feb 17 by runningman75

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/17/trump-immigration-roundup-nation

Let the fun commence

Really struggling to avoid Godwin's Law after reading that.
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 19:02 - Feb 17 with 3956 viewsFredManRave

Will this thread be deleted/locked when he gets impeached?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 19:28 - Feb 17 with 3935 viewsJigsore

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 18:50 - Feb 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Really struggling to avoid Godwin's Law after reading that.

i'd given up by the first week. How much damage will have been done before he and his odious government are out?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 00:59 - Feb 18 with 3869 viewsisawqpratwcity

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 16:28 - Feb 17 by runningman75

Let the fun commence

He's trying to play to his base demographic (no pun intended).

Tony Abbott tried something similar in Oz a couple of years back and was very surprised to find that he'd overreached. Usually the Right in Australia can depend on nothing being too harsh for 'illegals'.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/when-the-australian-border

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 02:32 - Feb 18 with 3836 viewsFDC

It's somewhat counterintuitive but there's probably never been a time in the US when support for targeted minorities was so, if not militant, certainly well organised and able to mobilize. If this goes down in places like Portland for example which have very organised and very militant post-Occupy networks, which according to the Guarniad it will, it's going to be very lively.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2017 2:46]
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 14:19 - Mar 25 with 3582 viewsisawqpratwcity

Trump bump.

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 15:12 - Mar 25 with 3538 viewsbosh67

Being exposed as the sh*temonger he really is. Emperor's new clothes if ever I saw it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 18:34 - Mar 25 with 3459 viewseasthertsr

So much for The Art of a Deal!! I can't think of someone least suitable temperamentally, intellectually for the post of President. What a fu*king disaster!
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 22:37 - Mar 25 with 3336 viewsNorthernr

I was in the US for three weeks in January, including a week in DC straight after the inauguration. One of the points made to me over dinner by another journo who covers politics in DC was that after his election, Obama basically disappeared for several weeks while they worked out what they could realistically do.

Election campaigns are about grand promises and ideals, exaggerations to get people to vote for you. Governing is rather different, particularly in the US system. Obama and his team hunkered down, said nothing for weeks, came up with some things they thought they could get done, things they thought they could achieve, and then started plugging away at those.

Trump tried to be bombastic, tried to do stuff straight away, tried to do executive orders, tried to call people's bluff. Doesn't work. To the point that even though there's a republican president, congress and house of reps, he still can't get a key pledge through.

It would be hilarious how stupid he was, if he wasn't in charge of such a colossally important part of the world.
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 05:12 - Mar 26 with 3252 viewsisawqpratwcity

I bumped it up out of mischievous intent, given that he is only 66 days into his first term and already he has been overturned in court twice, lost his National Security advisor and can't even get his own party to back a signature policy. 'Buffoon' just doesn't seem to cover it.

But in the absence of anybody stepping up to defend him, I'll be Devil's Advocate. He got some good employment figures and Wall Street likes him. He signed through clearance (or as good as) on a couple of pipelines and they have to be made out of American Steel. He also brought back the Mexico City policy (that's a Republican-Democrat game of tennis over family planning and abortion aid).

Most of those points I'd rather attack than defend, but seriously, I'm looking for positives here. Anybody? Anything?
[Post edited 26 Mar 2017 6:02]

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 07:29 - Mar 26 with 3220 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 05:12 - Mar 26 by isawqpratwcity

I bumped it up out of mischievous intent, given that he is only 66 days into his first term and already he has been overturned in court twice, lost his National Security advisor and can't even get his own party to back a signature policy. 'Buffoon' just doesn't seem to cover it.

But in the absence of anybody stepping up to defend him, I'll be Devil's Advocate. He got some good employment figures and Wall Street likes him. He signed through clearance (or as good as) on a couple of pipelines and they have to be made out of American Steel. He also brought back the Mexico City policy (that's a Republican-Democrat game of tennis over family planning and abortion aid).

Most of those points I'd rather attack than defend, but seriously, I'm looking for positives here. Anybody? Anything?
[Post edited 26 Mar 2017 6:02]

Endorsement from Wall St isn't a positive for me.

I like his idea of placing tariffs on firms who move their Labour force abroad, but seeing as he pays some of his own employees fvck all and without benefits I'll remain sceptical.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2017 7:53]
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 08:01 - Mar 26 with 3347 viewsisawqpratwcity

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 07:29 - Mar 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Endorsement from Wall St isn't a positive for me.

I like his idea of placing tariffs on firms who move their Labour force abroad, but seeing as he pays some of his own employees fvck all and without benefits I'll remain sceptical.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2017 7:53]

With the exception of the employment figures, everything there comes with a "Yes, but..." Even the employment figures are slightly tainted given that he accused the Obama administration of falsifying positive employment stats during the election.

But the Wall Street endorsement has manifested as a modest increase in bullishness on the stock market. I count that as a positive, even if it isn't based on anything that Trump might have actually done.

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 13:00 - Mar 26 with 3201 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 08:01 - Mar 26 by isawqpratwcity

With the exception of the employment figures, everything there comes with a "Yes, but..." Even the employment figures are slightly tainted given that he accused the Obama administration of falsifying positive employment stats during the election.

But the Wall Street endorsement has manifested as a modest increase in bullishness on the stock market. I count that as a positive, even if it isn't based on anything that Trump might have actually done.

I know mate I was just having a snide dig at the banks.
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 14:56 - Mar 28 with 2951 viewsTacticalR

1. During the election campaign Trump used isolationist rhetoric and gave off the impression that he was anti-war. Trump now says he wants to increase military spending by $54 billion (an increase in military expenditure of about 10%).

2. During the election campaign 'anti-establishment' Trump denounced Wall Street in general and Goldman Sachs in particular. Now his cabinet is full of Goldman Sachs people, including Gary Cohn who was the President of Goldman Sachs.

'With [Dina] Powell, Trump has now brought at least five Goldman Sachs veterans into his administration. She joins Trump’s chief strategist Stephen Bannon, his Treasury Secretary nominee Steven Mnuchin, his pick to head the National Economic Council Gary Cohn, and transition official Anthony Scaramucci – all of whom worked at Goldman. Add in Trump’s nominee to lead the SEC, lawyer John Clayton, who’s represented Goldman, and the number is six.'
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/trump-taps-another-goldman-employee

3. It is not surprising that Wall Street has risen, as Trump has signalled his plans to lower taxation on the rich and to attack working class living standards (e.g. through removing health care).

4. The fiasco of Trump's defeat on Obamacare when the Republicans control the Presidency, the Senate and the Congress parallels something that we are seeing in British politics: not only do all debates take place on the right, but they take place within the same party.

5. I've said all along that channels of communication must be kept open to Trump supporters, at least one of whom has realised that Trump's appeal to the 'forgotten people' was a sham:

Air hostess clique

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 00:14 - May 10 with 2684 viewsJigsore

Director of the FBI sacked, just as revelations were about to come out about Trump and his cronies ties to Russia. I expect he'll be enjoying Radium isotope-layered cheesecake anyday now.

I think there'd be an excellent case for a new game show in 4 more years. Mugabe or Trump?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 00:57 - May 10 with 2652 viewsBoston

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 00:14 - May 10 by Jigsore

Director of the FBI sacked, just as revelations were about to come out about Trump and his cronies ties to Russia. I expect he'll be enjoying Radium isotope-layered cheesecake anyday now.

I think there'd be an excellent case for a new game show in 4 more years. Mugabe or Trump?

Comey sacked but your observations are not accurate. Read the legal not the political columns. Problem here is that it's not only great minds that think alike, it's rather common with pedestrian as well.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 1:00]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 02:32 - May 10 with 2633 viewsJigsore

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 00:57 - May 10 by Boston

Comey sacked but your observations are not accurate. Read the legal not the political columns. Problem here is that it's not only great minds that think alike, it's rather common with pedestrian as well.
[Post edited 10 May 2017 1:00]

Phew, nothing to worry about. Never mind everyone, false alarm

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 06:55 - May 10 with 2586 viewsstevec

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 08:01 - Mar 26 by isawqpratwcity

Employment figures up, Wall Street up, what's not to like?

People underestimate the significance of a rising stock market, you don't need to buy shares, upward moves enhance all our lives if we're on the employment band wagon.

Sure he's getting blocked within the Senate but which US President didn't?

As for the US legal system, it's no different to the UK system, stuffed full of liberal and left thinkers. These people ensure the people are kept in their place, they don't like change.
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 13:29 - Aug 11 with 2314 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 13:38 - Aug 11 with 2301 viewshopphoops

NK's very specific response to his fire and fury threat reminded me of

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 14:54 - Aug 11 with 2215 viewsbob566

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 22:37 - Mar 25 by Northernr

I was in the US for three weeks in January, including a week in DC straight after the inauguration. One of the points made to me over dinner by another journo who covers politics in DC was that after his election, Obama basically disappeared for several weeks while they worked out what they could realistically do.

Election campaigns are about grand promises and ideals, exaggerations to get people to vote for you. Governing is rather different, particularly in the US system. Obama and his team hunkered down, said nothing for weeks, came up with some things they thought they could get done, things they thought they could achieve, and then started plugging away at those.

Trump tried to be bombastic, tried to do stuff straight away, tried to do executive orders, tried to call people's bluff. Doesn't work. To the point that even though there's a republican president, congress and house of reps, he still can't get a key pledge through.

It would be hilarious how stupid he was, if he wasn't in charge of such a colossally important part of the world.

I know it's slightly different in the UK and Ireland but swap the senate and congress for high ranking civil servants. On election promises candidates promise the world and generally believe in what they are offering but when it comes to execution there will be a high ranking civil servant saying "I know you promised that but this is what will really happen"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024