Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump, What do we all think so far? 16:28 - Jan 31 with 44084 viewseasthertsr

I'm bored with the transfer window, so what does the board think about what he has done so far? I think his political base will be delighted, the rest of us all have our fingers crossed!We are in deep doo-doo if we have to deal with that moron!
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 08:39 - Feb 1 with 2743 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 08:09 - Feb 1 by Rangersw12

Can I ask why there hasn't been any protests regarding all the countries that ban Israeli's?

Why I agree there is some double standard here, out of those 16 countries that Isreali passports are denied entry, we've bombed four of them, and another four have had civil wars where we have sponsored one side or the other with our money or arms so we are beyond protest against them at this point arn't we?

Also, each of those countries formalised their objections against Israel with the UN first.
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 08:44 - Feb 1 with 2721 viewsMrSheen

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 20:17 - Jan 31 by johncharles

I'm afraid I agree with Brian. Even worse is if you compare Trump with Hitler's rants in the 30's it's really scary. Make Germany/America great again. Build a crazy wall, the Siegfried line, demonise a race/religion (Jews/Muslims ) say anything to get into power.

The pointless wall-builders were the French (Maginot Line), not the Germans. Trump's wall will deliver similar value for money.
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 09:03 - Feb 1 with 2688 viewssmegma

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 00:34 - Feb 1 by derbyhoop

The petition debated in Parliament wasn't to prevent him coming, but to ensure it is not dignified by a State occasion.

The guy is a narcissistic, xenophobic, litigious bully and nothing he has done so far should really surprise anybody. He doesn't realise that cheap campaign promises do not readily translate into effective action. Over the next 4 years he may learn that, but I wouldn't bet on it.

What is so disappointing is seeing our PM grovelling at his feet. A special relationship is worth maintaining but not at any cost to our nation's dignity.

Meanwhile, our PM is unelected. When's the demo??
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 09:09 - Feb 1 with 2683 viewsMetallica_Hoop

He's certainly different.

Nice to see Churchill back on display in the white House.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 09:21 - Feb 1 with 2659 viewsaussiehoop

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 20:17 - Jan 31 by johncharles

I'm afraid I agree with Brian. Even worse is if you compare Trump with Hitler's rants in the 30's it's really scary. Make Germany/America great again. Build a crazy wall, the Siegfried line, demonise a race/religion (Jews/Muslims ) say anything to get into power.

If you try hard enough it's possible to see something that doesn't exist. The comparisons to me are a bit of a stretch.
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 09:24 - Feb 1 with 4257 viewsBrightonhoop

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 09:42 - Feb 1 with 4225 viewsjohncharles

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 09:21 - Feb 1 by aussiehoop

If you try hard enough it's possible to see something that doesn't exist. The comparisons to me are a bit of a stretch.

Of course it's a bit of a stretch and anyway we live in very different times but the similarities are frightening.

Strong and stable my arse.

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 13:55 - Feb 1 with 4144 viewsCliff

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 17:43 - Jan 31 by Trance_Trousers

No i meant in the broader aspect. As an example building walls/fences to protect your own people, for example the 521 mile, mostly concrete, with gun turrets in places built by the mexicans with the border of Guatemala.

I was a bit surprised by this post at first so I hadn't heard about this, so i did a bit of research and guess what? - there is no wall !

There is and I quote "There is no continuous wall on the border, although there are sections of fence near populated areas and official border crossings"

There ARE fake pictures of supposed walls but these have ALL been shown to be either existing sections of a wall between the US and Mexico or the Israeli wall

Here's an example picture of the border:
https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-1e453bc80c3d465f067fde8dccc96e41-c
Login to get fewer ads

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 14:09 - Feb 1 with 4121 viewsCliff

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 19:15 - Jan 31 by Trance_Trousers

Jigsore.
On point one, i totally agree countries like Saudi arabia should be on the list, but we`re both not stupid, to know and understand that the lack of a ban on them goes a lot deeper than Mr Trump. Also the list is not inclusive, and there is already talk of Pakistan being added.
Point two. Where have you read that the Quebec shooter who carried out that heinous crime was a Trump supporter ?

Also dual nationals from the UK are not affected by the ban. Of which Boris johnson said in his statement in the house of commons yesterday.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2017 19:20]

"Also dual nationals from the UK are not affected by the ban. Of which Boris johnson said in his statement in the house of commons yesterday."

Well hurrah for Boris, unfortunately he looks like being wrong again:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-uk-dual-na
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 15:07 - Feb 1 with 4074 viewsessextaxiboy

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 14:09 - Feb 1 by Cliff

"Also dual nationals from the UK are not affected by the ban. Of which Boris johnson said in his statement in the house of commons yesterday."

Well hurrah for Boris, unfortunately he looks like being wrong again:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-uk-dual-na

Doesnt that say that the US Embassy put a notice up in the morning and took it down in the afternoon?

Maybe Boris got it right ? Hurrah
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 15:15 - Feb 1 with 4058 viewsBrightonhoop

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 15:07 - Feb 1 by essextaxiboy

Doesnt that say that the US Embassy put a notice up in the morning and took it down in the afternoon?

Wot Boris? Has he knocked them bent water cannons out yet?
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 15:22 - Feb 1 with 4024 viewsessextaxiboy

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 15:15 - Feb 1 by Brightonhoop

Wot Boris? Has he knocked them bent water cannons out yet?

Thats so he can squirt round corners ....

He has spent a few weekends working on them

£30,625.96 for conversion to UK specification and service parts
£19,376.70 for the supply and fit of CCTV
£8,584.50 for the supply and fit of warning equipment
£3,109.20 for the supply and fit of 999 sirens
£1,688.04 on MOT tests

Khans flogging them for scrap at 2k a pop
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 15:41 - Feb 1 with 3980 viewsstevec

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 15:22 - Feb 1 by essextaxiboy

Thats so he can squirt round corners ....

He has spent a few weekends working on them

£30,625.96 for conversion to UK specification and service parts
£19,376.70 for the supply and fit of CCTV
£8,584.50 for the supply and fit of warning equipment
£3,109.20 for the supply and fit of 999 sirens
£1,688.04 on MOT tests

Khans flogging them for scrap at 2k a pop

2k, Is that all?

I might get one at hire it out at village fairs.
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 16:30 - Feb 1 with 3913 viewsCliff

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 15:07 - Feb 1 by essextaxiboy

I read it again and you are right, however a spokesman in the US has said "of course it will apply to dual nationals" from the banned countries, so either we have an exemption or nobody really knows whats happening yet. let's wait and see.
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 17:54 - Feb 1 with 3847 viewsessextaxiboy

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 16:30 - Feb 1 by Cliff

I read it again and you are right, however a spokesman in the US has said "of course it will apply to dual nationals" from the banned countries, so either we have an exemption or nobody really knows whats happening yet. let's wait and see.

Boris said it in the House of Commons to MPs .

He wouldnt lie there .

The Trump Administration however seem like the Keystone Cops .
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 17:58 - Feb 1 with 3842 viewsRangersw12

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 08:39 - Feb 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Why I agree there is some double standard here, out of those 16 countries that Isreali passports are denied entry, we've bombed four of them, and another four have had civil wars where we have sponsored one side or the other with our money or arms so we are beyond protest against them at this point arn't we?

Also, each of those countries formalised their objections against Israel with the UN first.

To be honest mate I just put it down to good old fashioned anti semitism from the far left
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 18:55 - Feb 1 with 3781 viewsCliff

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 17:58 - Feb 1 by Rangersw12

To be honest mate I just put it down to good old fashioned anti semitism from the far left

There is a BIG difference between antisemitism and anti Israel
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 19:36 - Feb 1 with 3728 viewsBoston

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 18:55 - Feb 1 by Cliff

There is a BIG difference between antisemitism and anti Israel

There should be you mean.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 20:41 - Feb 1 with 3701 viewsHitch

I hope there are a few more Republican Senators who call out Trump like John McCain did. ' When he laughed, respectable senators burst with laughter, And when he cried children died in the streets.'
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 22:20 - Feb 1 with 3667 viewstexasranger

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 18:43 - Jan 31 by vanrrrr

another by which people?
There has not been one attack from refuges or nationals of those 7 countries on US soil . The Cato institute who are a right wing think tank estimate the chance of a us citizen being killed on us soil by any refugee as being 1 in 3.6 Billion. So its not a safety or risk issue. it is more about playing to his base and the message that Bannon and the Nationalists there punt that there are barbarians at the door.....its racist and Rudy Giuliani admitted as much Sunday

I'd like to know how this Cato Think Tank arrive at that ridiculous figure ! You forget that the brothers who exploded the bomb at the Boston marathon came to the states as refugees. Also there have been terrorists entering Germany as refugees. Same could easily happen in the U.S. unless the checking process is improved.
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 22:28 - Feb 1 with 3647 viewsBrightonhoop

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 22:20 - Feb 1 by texasranger

I'd like to know how this Cato Think Tank arrive at that ridiculous figure ! You forget that the brothers who exploded the bomb at the Boston marathon came to the states as refugees. Also there have been terrorists entering Germany as refugees. Same could easily happen in the U.S. unless the checking process is improved.

All the more reason to improve intelligence, keep comms open and work solidly on the threat with partners, instead of pishing everyone off as he is, like Merkel.
If terrorists are getting through they will likely be from other counties too.
And the Canadian bloke who killed several muslims at the weekend appears to have been radicalised online, it's not just an ISIS phenomena.
So he needs to step up his game and stop being a tw4t, he's The President ffs.
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 22:45 - Feb 1 with 3623 viewsFDC

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 21:20 - Jan 31 by FDC

Couple of interesting articles on Medium, the first of which agrees with you in part. It argues that the protests play into Trump's hands in a sense

Have to say I'm fairly convinced by both these articles, suggesting that what we're seeing is the Trump team "deliberately testing the limits of governmental checks and balances"

https://medium.com/@jakefuentes/the-immigration-ban-is-a-headfake-and-were-falli

... and that

"The [US] administration is testing the extent to which the DHS [Department of Homeland Security] (and other executive agencies) can act and ignore orders from the other branches of government. This is as serious as it can possibly get: all of the arguments about whether order X or Y is unconstitutional mean nothing if elements of the government are executing them and the courts are being ignored."

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/trial-balloon-for-a-coup-e024990891d5#.d02h4qr

Richard Seymour, who despite being a Trot is usually bang on the money for me, argues against these two article here, arguing that they flirt with conspiracy theory and that "We forget that there is always an element of chance in everything that happens, and that not everything that goes on is legible."

He sees Bannon as "not a master manipulator, but a dangerous mystic and a gambler"

http://www.leninology.co.uk/2017/01/against-omniscience.html?m=1
Trump, What do we all think so far? on 01:15 - Feb 2 with 3579 viewsBrianMcCarthy

“Frederick Douglass is an example of somebody who has done an amazing job that is being recognized more and more, I noticed,"

Ya, Mr. Trump. Those "blacks" is doing a great job. Specially Frederick. He " has done" an amazing job, and fair play to you for reading that out there.

Only thing is, the revered Mr. Frederick Douglass - probably the second-most revered African-American leader in history - has a name that shouldn't have to be read out haltingly by the U.S. President. And that President should not sound like Douglass is alive. His great work was done in the 19th Century.

And while you're at it, you shouldn't sound like when you read out Martin Luther King Jr.'s name that you just heard it from a PR lackey before you entered the room. There's only four words in the legend's name, you shouldn't need to pause.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 06:07 - Feb 2 with 3539 viewsisawqpratwcity

Spends an hour on the phone with his mate Putin but harangues the Aussie PM for 'sending him terrorists', then hangs up on him! We've come a long way since George Dubbya gave War Criminal Howard the Medal of Freedom.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-02/donald-trump-shared-worst-call-with-malcol

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 16:25 - Feb 2 with 3433 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Trump, What do we all think so far? on 17:58 - Feb 1 by Rangersw12

Tromso in Norway also have a boycott on Isreali goods. Are they all anti semitic as well?

By the way 20% of Israelis arn't Jewish but are still subject to the passport ban.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024