Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR's worst ever player 11:38 - Feb 16 with 27617 viewsNorthernr

FourFourTwo have asked us to narrow this down to just one and write a bit about him.
Who we going with?
QPR's worst ever player on 22:09 - Feb 16 with 2215 viewsSuperhoop83

QPR's worst ever player on 21:40 - Feb 16 by PBLOCK

Its context really.

Some of the players mentioned like Sommer yeah he was largely cr@p but his performance against villa at home the year we went down was nothing short of amazing he was Banks / Yashin / Zoff rolled into one.

Hateley was pure sh!t and cupping his ear after scoring about his 3rd goal in 30 games wanted me to lynch the goon.

Bruce and Warren for one season at left back was as pointless as you can get.

As said previously context is important we were cr@p and some players were awful but for me top 5

Boswinga Overpaid awful didn't want to be here
Hateley Replacing Les was s tough job at the time he was on good money and awful
Morrow Replacing Alan Mcdonald as Captain??
Bob Malcolm Funniest debut ever
SWP Cack overpaid

Someone mentioned Wardley given he wasnt great but 20 odd grand from non league and 14 goals in a season hes like Zidane compared to others!!

GK - Ademole Bankole. God help us all.

RB - John Curtis. How did he carve out a career at Man United?

CB - Gus Caesar. Worst QPR performance I've ever seen - a true accolade!

CB - Zesh Rehman and Karl Ready

LB - Danny Murphy. Am I imagining his short career?

RM - Stefan Moore

CM - Simon Osborn and Ned Zelic

LM - Matt Brazier.

CF - Sammy Koejoe and Dominic I Am Awful (captain)

Suffering since 1978.

QPR's worst ever player on 22:46 - Feb 16 with 2177 viewsGoldenEPump

Adam Czerkas was pretty bad.
QPR's worst ever player on 22:54 - Feb 16 with 2165 viewsFredManRave

Pascal Chimbonda was pretty shít.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

QPR's worst ever player on 23:10 - Feb 16 with 2158 viewsMrSheen

QPR's worst ever player on 22:09 - Feb 16 by Superhoop83

RM - Stefan Moore

LM - Matt Brazier.

12 players! Still wouldn't win a game.

t thought Osborn was a very skilful player, but he was expected to play defensive midfield in a struggling team and he didn't have the strength or aggression. Completely wasted. Lost his confidence and went to pieces.

We all wanted Murphy to do well, but Rowlands ruined him when he came with Brentford. I would have Santos and Kulscar in central midfield, with Tony Scully on the left.
QPR's worst ever player on 00:32 - Feb 17 with 2103 viewsDannytheR

QPR's worst ever player on 22:09 - Feb 16 by Superhoop83

RM - Stefan Moore

LM - Matt Brazier.

Danny Murphy wasn't a bad player at all (and no, I'm not actually him). He was only about 4'11" which was probably why he didn't make it.

Christ, with Paul Bruce and Christer Warren on the books, he wasn't even our worst left back at the time.
QPR's worst ever player on 00:54 - Feb 17 with 2089 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Danny Murphy was a decent player.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR's worst ever player on 07:59 - Feb 17 with 2008 viewsShotKneesHoop

Who was that tiny player about 5 ft nothing that the R's kept serving hoof balls to in the early naughties? It was around the year we got relegated to Division 1. It was probably one of the years after Crouch was sold. That has to be the worst QPR side ever to take the pitch. Who else was in that team? They were so bad I said I'd give up supporting them, Proves that once a QPR mug - always a QPR mug.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

QPR's worst ever player on 08:50 - Feb 17 with 1989 viewsSuperhoop83

QPR's worst ever player on 00:54 - Feb 17 by BrianMcCarthy

I voted for Murphy as my only clear memory of him was a dodgy performance against Tranmere after which he seemed to disappear. Having been reminded about Christer Warren though, I'll gladly swap them around.

Having picked 12 players, I'll also drop Ready. Caesar and Rehman would have been some pairing.

Suffering since 1978.

Login to get fewer ads

QPR's worst ever player on 08:58 - Feb 17 with 1982 viewsMrSheen

QPR's worst ever player on 00:54 - Feb 17 by BrianMcCarthy

For Cork City, maybe. It's clear you're starved of sporting talent down there.
QPR's worst ever player on 09:02 - Feb 17 with 1978 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR's worst ever player on 08:58 - Feb 17 by MrSheen

For Cork City, maybe. It's clear you're starved of sporting talent down there.

A low blow, Mr. Sheehan, a low blow!

Cork City are presently doing an annual impersonation of Rangers' 75-76 team, I'll have you know!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR's worst ever player on 09:18 - Feb 17 with 1961 viewsfrancisbowles

Here's one that hasn't been mentioned, Zarate!

Truly talented but not for us!

Played about 15 mins, loaned in injured and then we tried to give him back because we really wanted someone else but found we were stuck with him.

Overall though I'm going with Bosingwa, champions league winner in his last game before he came to us to top up his pension fund.
QPR's worst ever player on 09:22 - Feb 17 with 1957 viewstoboboly

QPR's worst ever player on 22:54 - Feb 16 by FredManRave

Pascal Chimbonda was pretty shít.

Should get an award for wearing gloves and 10 layers on the hottest day of the year at Scunthorpe.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR's worst ever player on 10:41 - Feb 17 with 1902 viewsWatford_Ranger

Murphy was ok. I think he was one game away from triggering a new contract when we were skint and disappeared forever.

Edit- had a career of sorts in Ireland and Scotland. Wiki says he's 5' 6".
QPR's worst ever player on 10:54 - Feb 17 with 1884 viewsfrancisbowles

QPR's worst ever player on 10:41 - Feb 17 by Watford_Ranger

Murphy was ok. I think he was one game away from triggering a new contract when we were skint and disappeared forever.

Edit- had a career of sorts in Ireland and Scotland. Wiki says he's 5' 6".

Murphy was talented with a left foot that stroked the ball.

Unfortunately, he wasn't big or strong enough especially for a defender.

As soon as the opposition saw the size of the left back they put a player on him and knocked it high in that direction (and it didn't need to be the six foot centre forward).
QPR's worst ever player on 10:55 - Feb 17 with 1884 viewsstevec

QPR's worst ever player on 20:33 - Feb 16 by PlanetHonneywood

There are those of us who saw Brian Williams and when we all say, he was utter gash, we do so having seen the rubbish that followed.

Maybe all these glory hunters we've attracted since the late 70s, should bare that in mind when they suggest a SWP and such like. That little turd was a footballing colossus in comparison!

All power to PlanetH, that just about nails it.

A little add on, whilst there are many plausible suggestions on this thread, cast your minds back and ask yourself 'did my selection ever put in 15 minutes of acceptable football in his entire QPR career?'

And if the answer is yes then that's 15 minutes more than Sir Brian Williams.

Even Stefan Moore had a decent half, once.
QPR's worst ever player on 11:00 - Feb 17 with 1872 viewsTacticalR

QPR's worst ever player on 09:18 - Feb 17 by francisbowles

Here's one that hasn't been mentioned, Zarate!

Truly talented but not for us!

Played about 15 mins, loaned in injured and then we tried to give him back because we really wanted someone else but found we were stuck with him.

Overall though I'm going with Bosingwa, champions league winner in his last game before he came to us to top up his pension fund.

Noticed Zárate was back playing for Watford against Man Utd on Saturday.

Air hostess clique

QPR's worst ever player on 11:05 - Feb 17 with 1859 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR's worst ever player on 20:09 - Feb 16 by LongsufferingR

Sorry, can't have that about Sommer just because of the 1-0 home win v Villa the year we went down. He was unbelievable that day.

Totally agree - that was probably the single finest goalkeeping display I have ever seen live. I think every keeper has one in their life where they are unbeatable, and that was his. Still remember one Alan Wright shot thundering towards the top corner and I kind of crumpled, I knew it was in. Then, just like with Gordon Stewart in Goalkeeper, there was a flash of gren (red?) and he clawed it out of the top corner. Absolutely phenomenal.

He was ok as a keeper. We've had a lot worse.

Bare bones.

QPR's worst ever player on 11:18 - Feb 17 with 1837 viewspaulparker

Can we add Mike Fillery & Gary Chivers to the list as well

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

QPR's worst ever player on 11:21 - Feb 17 with 1829 viewsDorse

Eric Sabin.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

QPR's worst ever player on 11:29 - Feb 17 with 1811 viewsRBlock

QPR's worst ever player on 20:02 - Feb 16 by Northernr

Anton Ferdinand is a good shout. Fcking crap.

Sommer though wasn't that bad IMO. Better than Roberts who was a fcking liability over ten long years.

I'd exempt Anton Ferdinand just for the Terry debacle. Too busy bringing down a club to focus on playing football.
QPR's worst ever player on 11:33 - Feb 17 with 1806 viewsAntti_Heinola

Not having Koejoe either.
He wasn't great, but scored the odd cracker.

I'd never want to put any player that came through our own system, so that rules out anyone like Murphy, or Brazier (who wasn't that bad) etc.

Here's one - I actually thought he had a decent half, but Ollie took him off and we never saw him again - Venezuelan - Fernando de Ornelas.

Bare bones.

QPR's worst ever player on 11:34 - Feb 17 with 1800 viewstoboboly

Bruno Perone

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR's worst ever player on 11:58 - Feb 17 with 1775 viewsaston_hoop

We've really had some bad players, this is impossible to choose. For a complete genuine lack of ability, not many people get close to Bob Malcolm though. I've chatted with both Glasgow Rangers and Derby fans about him and both agree he was utter shite for them too so I have no idea how that man managed a career in pro football.

In terms of the contextual ones, its SWP and Sandro for me. At least Malcolm was comedically shit, these guys were full internationals earning more in a week than most of us do in a year!

As a relative youngster who wasn't around in the 70s, whats the deal with this Brian Williams then? Just how bad was he?

And finally..Marcus Bean? Worst ever Player? thats one of the strangest things I've ever read on this board and I've read many a strange thing!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

QPR's worst ever player on 12:21 - Feb 17 with 1745 viewsR_from_afar

QPR's worst ever player on 13:25 - Feb 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Like I said
Warren Barton

Oh yes, good shout. I was at an away game v Peterborough when he came on off the bench. Deary me, he was poor. Did one good thing, then served up a load of rubbish.

The Toon fans used to call him "Twins" because he could go from being excellent to appalling in seconds. So apt.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

QPR's worst ever player on 12:32 - Feb 17 with 1725 viewsR_from_afar

QPR's worst ever player on 12:55 - Feb 16 by daveB

No way is Redknapp our worst manager, he's one of only 4 managers in our history to get us promoted to the top flight. Far from the best but nowhere near the worst

OK, the promotion was a huge positive, Dave, but it has to be seen in the context of his £3.2m annual salary and the exorbitant amount he spent on players.

Then there was that season back in the Premiership. It would've been hard for Redknapp to have done a worse job if he had been a saboteur employed by Chelski FC. Perhaps he was. You or I could've done a better job at trying to keep us up, at least we would've put some effort in.

"Bonus games". Two 'keepers on the bench. Profligate spending. Self-obsessed. A bare-faced liar. Argh.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024