Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR's worst ever player 11:38 - Feb 16 with 27660 viewsNorthernr

FourFourTwo have asked us to narrow this down to just one and write a bit about him.
Who we going with?
QPR's worst ever player on 12:20 - Feb 16 with 4284 viewsShotKneesHoop

QPR's worst ever player on 12:10 - Feb 16 by Rs_Holy

Shaun Wrong Phillips for me!
We've had some dross over the years but I dont think any of them have bled the club dry anywhere near the levels that the wee man did?
An extortionately lucrative contract spread over an incredibly long period of time. He must have made millions and millions out of QPR and gave the club one scuffed shot at chelsea.

Worn Shyte Phlipps for me too. I'm amazed it took so long for anyone else to name him, or were people just leaving me to explode and name the useless, pathetic, talentless little money grabbing specimen of dog shit as being the worst ever??

Just as well I'm in a good mood now that he's gone, otherwise I would have really said what I think of him. Boswanka is a close second to him. Redknobb worst manager. Flavio and Poisoned Dwarf worst owners.

Make love to my discarded footwear - what a bunch of wasters all round, it's a miracle that QPR is still here.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

QPR's worst ever player on 12:20 - Feb 16 with 4275 viewsRs_Holy

QPR's worst ever player on 12:10 - Feb 16 by Northernr

Hateley and Bosingwa so far. I mean we've obviously had far worse ability wise, but the context around them...

The thing I remember most about Bosingwa was "Youre not welcome here, youre not welcome here, Jose Bosingwa, youre not welcome here" resonating around Loftus Road... It sounded like every QPR fan was joining in!
QPR's worst ever player on 12:21 - Feb 16 with 4270 viewsstonebridgers

QPR's worst ever player on 12:10 - Feb 16 by Rs_Holy

Shaun Wrong Phillips for me!
We've had some dross over the years but I dont think any of them have bled the club dry anywhere near the levels that the wee man did?
An extortionately lucrative contract spread over an incredibly long period of time. He must have made millions and millions out of QPR and gave the club one scuffed shot at chelsea.

We could have a 23 man squad no worries.

I will add Steve Morrow to the list of nightmares
[Post edited 16 Feb 2017 12:23]

Stonebridgers

QPR's worst ever player on 12:22 - Feb 16 with 4260 viewstoboboly

QPR's worst ever player on 12:10 - Feb 16 by Northernr

Hateley and Bosingwa so far. I mean we've obviously had far worse ability wise, but the context around them...

Chris Samba
SWP
Pellicori
Alberti

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR's worst ever player on 12:22 - Feb 16 with 4254 viewsCamberleyR

Can't believe no one's yet mentioned this colussus....

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

QPR's worst ever player on 12:25 - Feb 16 with 4239 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Christer Warren

The "legendary" Brian Williams (and I did see him)

Bob Taylor
QPR's worst ever player on 12:29 - Feb 16 with 4210 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

QPR's worst ever player on 12:25 - Feb 16 by WrightUp5hit___

Christer Warren

The "legendary" Brian Williams (and I did see him)

Bob Taylor

Ned Zelic? Bought with the Les Ferdinand money along with Hateley I believe. Hardly played. Even when he played!
[Post edited 16 Feb 2017 13:36]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

QPR's worst ever player on 12:29 - Feb 16 with 4206 viewsDannytheR

Feels a bit c*nty to single out a player in print who just actually wasn't very good at football. Given the amount of lazy, contemptuous bastards we've had stealing a living from us down the years, surely better to nominate one of them. In which case, by some distance:

Mark Hateley.

Or if we're going for someone the kids will have heard of:

Shaun Wright Phillips
Joey Barton
Jose Bosingwa
[Post edited 16 Feb 2017 12:31]
Login to get fewer ads

QPR's worst ever player on 12:33 - Feb 16 with 4188 viewsOakR

I remember a game with Rehman and Stewart as our Central Defensive partnership - it was literally the worst and most comically depressing professional football partnership ever witnessed.

I remember not really liking Hately, but thought he improved, it was just the post Les expectation, I think almost anyone would have failed.

Iorfa was far worse, I think he missed about 4 one on ones (against Leeds maybe) - and they were not near misses!I seem to remember he could do the 100m in something like 10.1 seconds. I quite liked him though at the time.

If we count loans Macheda from Man Utd was terrible.

Probably not the worst player, but Steve Slade used to drive me crazy, so much so that my friend would say I was doing a 'Stevie Slade' if I lost my temper.

Biggest waste of talent and smallest brain - Leon Jeanne.

Poll: Will we stay up?

QPR's worst ever player on 12:35 - Feb 16 with 4177 viewsCamberleyR

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/35726/hateley-are-y

Just copy and paste Clive...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

QPR's worst ever player on 12:36 - Feb 16 with 4168 viewsYorkRanger

Bosingwa for me. Typified everything that was wrong with the Squad we built when we were in the Premiership and the lasting memory of him smiling as he walked off the pitch at Reading will never leave my mind.

Some of the other players mentioned may have lacked ability and in some cases been completely useless, but many if not most of them did try....
QPR's worst ever player on 12:47 - Feb 16 with 4129 viewsDaiHo0p

Richard Ord
QPR's worst ever player on 12:55 - Feb 16 with 4094 viewsdaveB

QPR's worst ever player on 12:20 - Feb 16 by ShotKneesHoop

Worn Shyte Phlipps for me too. I'm amazed it took so long for anyone else to name him, or were people just leaving me to explode and name the useless, pathetic, talentless little money grabbing specimen of dog shit as being the worst ever??

Just as well I'm in a good mood now that he's gone, otherwise I would have really said what I think of him. Boswanka is a close second to him. Redknobb worst manager. Flavio and Poisoned Dwarf worst owners.

Make love to my discarded footwear - what a bunch of wasters all round, it's a miracle that QPR is still here.

No way is Redknapp our worst manager, he's one of only 4 managers in our history to get us promoted to the top flight. Far from the best but nowhere near the worst
QPR's worst ever player on 12:57 - Feb 16 with 4089 viewsElHoop

SWP for me with Brian Williams for the forecast - he was genuinely proper proper shite but SWP cost so much money as well.

Having said all that I have an irrational hatred for all things Traore. He was a particularly annoying individual, for me anyway.
QPR's worst ever player on 13:00 - Feb 16 with 4066 viewsClive_Anderson

Gus Caesar was the worst, but he was only I loan.

SWP gets my vote as the worst permanent player and the one I hated the most. He was utterly useless.
QPR's worst ever player on 13:05 - Feb 16 with 2928 viewsoldmisery

Would agree that we need criteria. For example worst player that was signed for big money = Hately or Zelic. Worst player signed with big reputation = Jones or Bosingwa. Worst player in a top division team = Brazil or Allan Harris. We have had some terrible players in the second/third tier such as Brett Angell, 'George' Bankole, Warren Barton, Gary Borrowdale, Lee Charles, Fernando De Ornelas, Leroy Griffiths, Bob Malcolm, Adam Miller, Stefan Moore,Zesh Rehman, Tony Scully, Christer Warren. Worst player for failure to reach their potential = Nick Ward. There has also been a number of poor players who have managed to clock up an inexplicably large number of appearances viz a viz their ability such as Steve Morrow and Karl Connolly.
QPR's worst ever player on 13:06 - Feb 16 with 2924 viewsHunterhoop

The clear inability on here for some to separate our their hatred of certain players against having a sensible discussion about the "worst ever" player, is obvious.

Disentangle views about who let us down the most, who behaved badly, who earned too much....I take this is being about the worst player ability wise to ever play for us.

Therefore, I nominate the following:

Ademole Bankole
Armel Tchakounte
Bob Malcolm
QPR's worst ever player on 13:08 - Feb 16 with 2915 viewsRBlock

Think you have to take each player in context. Caulker is nonsense. Maiga, although appalling, was only on loan for 6 months. I'd be thinking more Sandro, Rehman, Bosingwa. Surely Sandro has to be pound for pound the worst signing.
QPR's worst ever player on 13:10 - Feb 16 with 2906 viewsCheshireR

If the criteria is simple lack of ability then Brian Williams gets my vote.

In terms of value for money Wright Phillips just edges it from Julio Cesar.
QPR's worst ever player on 13:13 - Feb 16 with 2892 viewsHAYESBOY

If loans included...........Bob Malcom.
I still have nightmares of him breaking into a jog trying to chase a ball sent over the top of him and the look on his face when the striker walked past him.

Smells like a trout farm in here

QPR's worst ever player on 13:14 - Feb 16 with 2890 viewsMrSheen

QPR's worst ever player on 12:47 - Feb 16 by DaiHo0p

Richard Ord

Haaaaaaaaaaarsh. At least we got scrap value back. Kurt Bakholt was poor too.
QPR's worst ever player on 13:14 - Feb 16 with 2884 viewsHunterhoop

QPR's worst ever player on 13:08 - Feb 16 by RBlock

Think you have to take each player in context. Caulker is nonsense. Maiga, although appalling, was only on loan for 6 months. I'd be thinking more Sandro, Rehman, Bosingwa. Surely Sandro has to be pound for pound the worst signing.

This isn't "worst signing", it's "worst player".

Think of the player you think would look worst playing in a crap Sunday League outfit.
QPR's worst ever player on 13:18 - Feb 16 with 2866 viewswhittocksRs

Jose Boswinga is as terrible a footballer in terms of application, attitude, ability and fan affinity as I've seen at any football club. So that utter roaster by an absolute mile.
QPR's worst ever player on 13:19 - Feb 16 with 2867 viewsNorthernr

QPR's worst ever player on 13:14 - Feb 16 by Hunterhoop

This isn't "worst signing", it's "worst player".

Think of the player you think would look worst playing in a crap Sunday League outfit.

I think you can interpret it however you like. Given that we've had so many players with no ability I'm quite taken by the idea of the added context, so I'm torn between SWP, Bosingwa and Hateley.
QPR's worst ever player on 13:19 - Feb 16 with 2863 viewsClive_Anderson

I'll never forget this moment either, the look of panic on his face when he realised that he was going to have to do kick ups live on telly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024