Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR's worst ever player 11:38 - Feb 16 with 27414 viewsNorthernr

FourFourTwo have asked us to narrow this down to just one and write a bit about him.
Who we going with?
QPR's worst ever player on 17:13 - Feb 16 with 2010 viewssupahoopsa

Neil "Razor" Ruddock?

Can only remember one midweek game, where he was so overweight and slow, the only thing was it took their striker an age to go all the way around him!

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

QPR's worst ever player on 17:31 - Feb 16 with 1976 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR's worst ever player on 16:54 - Feb 16 by The_Mole

Easy!

Marcus Bean for me!

In second and third place would be Ademole Bankole and Brett Angel

Beano? That is extraordinarily harsh.
Angell was really, really bad for us, although I've been told his influence in the dressing room as an older head was a huge help in getting us to the play-offs that season.

Bare bones.

QPR's worst ever player on 18:01 - Feb 16 with 1931 viewsdaveB

QPR's worst ever player on 17:13 - Feb 16 by supahoopsa

Neil "Razor" Ruddock?

Can only remember one midweek game, where he was so overweight and slow, the only thing was it took their striker an age to go all the way around him!

I thought Ruddock was really good for us, would have gone down that year without him
QPR's worst ever player on 18:31 - Feb 16 with 1888 viewsdistortR

Going back a bit, I thought gary chivers was abysmal.
QPR's worst ever player on 18:39 - Feb 16 with 1867 viewsFredManRave

QPR's worst ever player on 16:59 - Feb 16 by toboboly

So many names, so many mental scars.

Bosingwa and SWP and the c*ntiest for me so should be written about jointly.

For cathartic reasons may I mention Gary Borrowdale?

I'd certainly go with Bosingwa and SWP as being the easiest to hate and perhaps Barton could join them to make the axis of evil. In fact in their own way they were all Weapons of Mass Destruction for the club.

As for Borrowdale. Did he actually exist?! I always thought he was just an urban myth.

Worst player Bob Malcolm.

Although not the worst I do feel Steve Morrow should at least get a mention in this thread.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

QPR's worst ever player on 18:46 - Feb 16 with 1852 viewsTripleR

Anton Ferdinand for me was a very poor defender.
Juergen Sommer was without doubt our worst keeper, ever.
QPR's worst ever player on 18:54 - Feb 16 with 1838 viewsjohncharles

QPR's worst ever player on 15:32 - Feb 16 by ShotKneesHoop

Worst signing.

Worst player.

Worst player you think would look playing in a crap Sunday League outfit.

Worst bus driver.

Worst chef.

Worst gigolo.

Worst navigator

Worst Tour guide

Worst pumper up of balls.

Worst keepyuppy star

Worst taker of throw ins.

Worst celebrator of one lucky goal in 35353535355353535 opportunities.

It's phoooookin R'SWiPe.

Done deal - end of. Come Armageddon, Come Armageddon, Come Armageddon Come,

Worst shag ?

Strong and stable my arse.

QPR's worst ever player on 18:59 - Feb 16 with 1823 viewsDeepcutHoop

QPR's worst ever player on 18:46 - Feb 16 by TripleR

Bob Malcolm and Ademola Bankole say you're very wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR's worst ever player on 19:05 - Feb 16 with 1815 viewsClive_Anderson

Bosingwa was just lazy rather than being completely crap. We've definitely had players that have fallen into both categories. Plus he did have the decency to piss off when it was obvious when he wasn't wanted.
QPR's worst ever player on 19:12 - Feb 16 with 1806 viewsessextaxiboy

Marcus Bent ..
QPR's worst ever player on 19:17 - Feb 16 with 1801 viewsTripleR

QPR's worst ever player on 18:59 - Feb 16 by DeepcutHoop

Bob Malcolm and Ademola Bankole say you're very wrong.

Ademola Bankole had one appearance in his QPR career and Bob Malcolm was a loan player.
QPR's worst ever player on 19:29 - Feb 16 with 1779 viewsHantsR

QPR's worst ever player on 19:17 - Feb 16 by TripleR

Ademola Bankole had one appearance in his QPR career and Bob Malcolm was a loan player.

...and Ademola Bankole was only a sub in that game - our hearts were in our mouths every time he came anywhere near the ball - and sometimes the ball was where he should have been. He was simply god awful in that short cameo and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
QPR's worst ever player on 19:37 - Feb 16 with 1769 viewsHantsR

Has no-one mentioned Iain Dowie? I thought he was a joke when I saw him play for Saints and his own goal for Wet Spam was a peach. Crestfallen doesn't come near to describing how I felt when we swapped Trevor for Dowie and Rowland plus a tiny bit of dosh.
QPR's worst ever player on 19:55 - Feb 16 with 1734 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR's worst ever player on 18:31 - Feb 16 by distortR

Going back a bit, I thought gary chivers was abysmal.

He was definitely one of the worst in the 'Fat 85-87' period.

'85 was when my family moved back to England from Ireland, I couldn't believe the size of these chubby porkies. '87 was when we revamped the team. In that team, Chivers played with a troughful of extraordinarily fat players - Mike Fillery, Sammy Lee, Robbie James, Michael Robinson etc....

Chivers himself wasn't fat but his feet didn't know that and they played as if he was.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR's worst ever player on 20:02 - Feb 16 with 1717 viewsNorthernr

Anton Ferdinand is a good shout. Fcking crap.

Sommer though wasn't that bad IMO. Better than Roberts who was a fcking liability over ten long years.
QPR's worst ever player on 20:09 - Feb 16 with 1710 viewsLongsufferingR

Sorry, can't have that about Sommer just because of the 1-0 home win v Villa the year we went down. He was unbelievable that day.
QPR's worst ever player on 20:20 - Feb 16 with 1691 viewssexton

It has to be Brian Williams.

We've had many terrible players but context is everything.

Dave Sexton had left for Man Utd, replaced by Frank Sibley. Everybody knew the side needed rebuilding but Sibley signed this bozo. Imagine Barca signing Karl Henry.
QPR's worst ever player on 20:26 - Feb 16 with 1687 viewsDWQPR

We've had some frighteningly bad shît playing for us over the years, stand outs being Borrowdale, Warren, Malcolm, Morrow, the list could go on. But I feel that those of us who have witnessed this collection of festering pîss boils over many decades the name that keeps coming up and which I can totally agree with as being shîtier than a collection of soiled nappies in a nursery infected with dysentery is Brian Williams. £40,000 of the clubs money back in 1977 which was a far sum then from Bury, a stocky, bearded individual who seemed to confuse the game of association football with that of rugby league and built like a league player of the day. Will always remember a game against Coventry in the old first division. Williams collects the ball on the left wing as we were attacking the Loft, close to the dugouts. Terry Yorath (father of Gabby Logan), comes in to close him down and to everyone's astonishment Williams completes a fantastic nutmeg and arrives the other side of Yorath to collect the ball with a free run down the wing, two touches later he crosses the ball. Unfortunately for him the cross ended up deep into paddock close to the corner of the Loftus Road terrace.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

QPR's worst ever player on 20:31 - Feb 16 with 1681 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'd also stick up for Sommer. Not great, but certainly not bad, and nowhere near as bad as Roberts. How that man is carving a living as a Goalkeeping Coach is one of World Football's great mysteries...

QPR's worst ever player on 20:33 - Feb 16 with 1675 viewsPlanetHonneywood

There are those of us who saw Brian Williams and when we all say, he was utter gash, we do so having seen the rubbish that followed.

Maybe all these glory hunters we've attracted since the late 70s, should bare that in mind when they suggest a SWP and such like. That little turd was a footballing colossus in comparison!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR's worst ever player on 20:40 - Feb 16 with 2401 viewsWokingR

As far as I'm concerned Shaun Wright Phillips had his slate wiped clean just for that one goal on that fantastic night away at Stamford Bridge
For me it's either Bosingwa or can't believe the mighty Benoit Assou Ekotto hasn't had a mention
QPR's worst ever player on 20:41 - Feb 16 with 2400 viewsWatford_Ranger

If we are talking worst value for money then there are plenty of candidates. Samba probably wins that one.

For pure unadulterated lack of football ability, I'd go Maiga.
QPR's worst ever player on 21:07 - Feb 16 with 2370 viewsMrSheen

QPR's worst ever player on 20:09 - Feb 16 by LongsufferingR

Sorry, can't have that about Sommer just because of the 1-0 home win v Villa the year we went down. He was unbelievable that day.

He made an absolutely sensational save in the last minute of a 1-0 away win at Bolton that season, full length to tip away a deflected shot. He was a bit of a Stejskal, great on his line, but accident prone coming off it.
QPR's worst ever player on 21:31 - Feb 16 with 2325 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR's worst ever player on 21:07 - Feb 16 by MrSheen

He made an absolutely sensational save in the last minute of a 1-0 away win at Bolton that season, full length to tip away a deflected shot. He was a bit of a Stejskal, great on his line, but accident prone coming off it.

Good call, that. Stejskal was a good bit better, I thought? But they were similar types of goalie.

By the way - want to feel old? Jan Stejskal Jnr. is now a professional goalie!

QPR's worst ever player on 21:40 - Feb 16 with 2309 viewsPBLOCK

Its context really.

Some of the players mentioned like Sommer yeah he was largely cr@p but his performance against villa at home the year we went down was nothing short of amazing he was Banks / Yashin / Zoff rolled into one.

Hateley was pure sh!t and cupping his ear after scoring about his 3rd goal in 30 games wanted me to lynch the goon.

Bruce and Warren for one season at left back was as pointless as you can get.

As said previously context is important we were cr@p and some players were awful but for me top 5

Boswinga Overpaid awful didn't want to be here
Hateley Replacing Les was s tough job at the time he was on good money and awful
Morrow Replacing Alan Mcdonald as Captain??
Bob Malcolm Funniest debut ever
SWP Cack overpaid

Someone mentioned Wardley given he wasnt great but 20 odd grand from non league and 14 goals in a season hes like Zidane compared to others!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024