Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton home moved? 22:44 - Feb 21 with 11970 viewsWalnut

Nothing announced anywhere yet but our programme tonight lists Brighton home on the Friday night on Sky!
Brighton home moved? on 10:45 - Feb 23 with 2077 viewsfrancisbowles

Brighton home moved? on 10:40 - Feb 23 by smegma

Then there'll be a thread saying ' I don't pay good money to watch a glorified reserve team get thumped 8-0 when it's free to watch reserve games'.

and there's the effect on Huddersfield, Newcastle etc.
Brighton home moved? on 11:24 - Feb 23 with 2022 viewssmegma

Brighton home moved? on 10:43 - Feb 23 by ElHoop

But the point is that we clearly knew weeks ago that the date would more than likely be changed - we could have and really should have publicised the fact.

Did we ??? A sweeping statement if ever I saw one.
Brighton home moved? on 11:26 - Feb 23 with 2020 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Totally unacceptable!

Irrespective of the fact I'm heading back to Asia, I'd decided not to renew because of this type of nonsense.

Anyone who has Sky in their castle, is as culpable in my book. Never had any Murdoch products in my castle and if only fans weren't docile fops, an orchestrated campaign of ending Sky contracts would soon make them think!

Fookers to their rotten core!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Brighton home moved? on 11:47 - Feb 23 with 1999 viewsrobith

I do a lot of work on this in my job - Sky Sports football viewing is in free fall - losing 10-20% every year for 3 years. In particular is young people; the viewing profile on Sky has shifted massively to be well off and old. Well off and old people watch lots of TV, young people don't, hence you can charge a premium for advertising that reaches them. If Sky Sports doesn't, and you can buy facebook/snapchat adverts for £0.10p per thousand people reached, advertisers are moving away. BT viewing is totally flat, hasn't increased at all since launch. You have a whole generation whose only exposure to football will be clickbait articles and clips on twitter.

Something is going to break soon.
Brighton home moved? on 11:53 - Feb 23 with 1987 viewsblacky200

Brighton home moved? on 17:20 - Feb 22 by Bakes

Shocking grammar. Where is the apostrophe in we're?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 11:55]
Brighton home moved? on 11:55 - Feb 23 with 1977 viewssmegma

Brighton home moved? on 11:47 - Feb 23 by robith

I do a lot of work on this in my job - Sky Sports football viewing is in free fall - losing 10-20% every year for 3 years. In particular is young people; the viewing profile on Sky has shifted massively to be well off and old. Well off and old people watch lots of TV, young people don't, hence you can charge a premium for advertising that reaches them. If Sky Sports doesn't, and you can buy facebook/snapchat adverts for £0.10p per thousand people reached, advertisers are moving away. BT viewing is totally flat, hasn't increased at all since launch. You have a whole generation whose only exposure to football will be clickbait articles and clips on twitter.

Something is going to break soon.

Talking of youngsters, a lad at work has an iPad. As he subscribes to Sky we got to watch football 5 days on the trot recently. Being a football fan I watched every game. Literally every time I turned around to speak to him, he was engrossed in surfing the net on his smartphone. Claims to be a 'massive football fan' yet can't be arsed to watch it. I was glad of something to do at work while on late shifts!!!
Brighton home moved? on 12:09 - Feb 23 with 1947 viewsPinnerPaul

But the point is that we clearly knew weeks ago that the date would more than likely be changed - we could have and really should have publicised the fact.

What - "Hi everyone, our game with Brighton in 2 months time might or might not be moved." ?????

I know its a pain, but by now we all know that games ARE live on TV and those games WILL be moved.

Brighton have been top two for ages, so its always been a possibility, yet its greeted as a great shock.
Brighton home moved? on 12:10 - Feb 23 with 1933 viewsPinnerPaul

Brighton home moved? on 11:26 - Feb 23 by PlanetHonneywood

Totally unacceptable!

Irrespective of the fact I'm heading back to Asia, I'd decided not to renew because of this type of nonsense.

Anyone who has Sky in their castle, is as culpable in my book. Never had any Murdoch products in my castle and if only fans weren't docile fops, an orchestrated campaign of ending Sky contracts would soon make them think!

Fookers to their rotten core!!

Can't really believe the reaction on here - its a commercial contract to show live football?
Login to get fewer ads

Brighton home moved? on 12:18 - Feb 23 with 1903 viewsElHoop

Brighton home moved? on 11:24 - Feb 23 by smegma

Did we ??? A sweeping statement if ever I saw one.

Well maybe it is - i was just going by what someone said on this thread. Thought that Captain Jack said it was in the previous programme although maybe i read that wrong.

I'm sorry, I'm a moron.
Brighton home moved? on 12:22 - Feb 23 with 1891 viewsElHoop

Brighton home moved? on 12:09 - Feb 23 by PinnerPaul

What - "Hi everyone, our game with Brighton in 2 months time might or might not be moved." ?????

I know its a pain, but by now we all know that games ARE live on TV and those games WILL be moved.

Brighton have been top two for ages, so its always been a possibility, yet its greeted as a great shock.

Yes, I know that live games ARE live on TV and those games WILL be moved.
Excellent application of CAPS I might ADD as an ASIDE.

I was just thinking that if the club did have a good idea that a game might be switched, then it might have been able to make a slightly better effort at bringing this to the attention of fans, particularly those who travel a long way.

BUT I don't have to travel far so why should I CARE?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 12:23]
Brighton home moved? on 12:26 - Feb 23 with 1883 viewsWalnut

Brighton home moved? on 10:06 - Feb 23 by PinnerPaul

More money for the club though

This is probably an oversimplified train of thought........
QPR fans to club "too many games are moved, can't you make a stand?"
Club to fans "afraid not, Sky pay a MASSIVE amount of cash for the privilege to move games at their whim"
QPR fans "OK, pass some of that massive amount on to us & reduce our season ticket cost - thanks!"
Brighton home moved? on 12:47 - Feb 23 with 1850 viewsTacticalR

Fake dates for football matches - in my view we are heading into a very dangerous area.

Air hostess clique

Brighton home moved? on 12:53 - Feb 23 with 1830 viewsElHoop

Brighton home moved? on 12:47 - Feb 23 by TacticalR

Fake dates for football matches - in my view we are heading into a very dangerous area.

Well at least Brighton does actually exist, well the team does anyway.

I think.
Brighton home moved? on 12:57 - Feb 23 with 1825 viewskarl

Brighton home moved? on 10:06 - Feb 23 by Stanisgod

If we look relatively safe by then we should play an under 23 side that night and take the fine as a protest. See how many viewers the c:nts get then. Bombarding Sky with e mails at the moment for what good it will do, also hammer them on their social media sites.

Eh would rather that didn't happen, we're driving the length of the country and waiting for confirmation the kids are mascots so wouldn't mind seeing two or three players we recognise!
I did plan that we had to be in London from Thursday till Tuesday to cover all eventualities on moving game and that is ridiculous for a game of football.
Was at Hibs v Hearts last night with no TV coverage it was full house and great advert for Scottish football. Of course its a derby so should be full but tv and shifted ko times does have a bad effect on gates and atmosphere.
Brighton home moved? on 13:01 - Feb 23 with 1813 viewsLongsufferingR

Brighton home moved? on 12:47 - Feb 23 by TacticalR

Yes you're right. They really should have made a clearer announcement that the away game at Preston was being played last night.

What about our second goal, eh Tactical?
Brighton home moved? on 13:11 - Feb 23 with 1774 viewsTacticalR

Brighton home moved? on 13:01 - Feb 23 by LongsufferingR

Yes you're right. They really should have made a clearer announcement that the away game at Preston was being played last night.

What about our second goal, eh Tactical?

@LongsufferingR 'What about our second goal, eh Tactical?'

What about it?

Air hostess clique

Brighton home moved? on 13:14 - Feb 23 with 1763 viewsLongsufferingR

Brighton home moved? on 13:11 - Feb 23 by TacticalR

@LongsufferingR 'What about our second goal, eh Tactical?'

What about it?

Fantastic overhead kick by Smithies from Onuoha's corner I thought. I only wish more Rs had heard about the date change and been there to see it.
Brighton home moved? on 13:30 - Feb 23 with 1723 viewsTacticalR

Brighton home moved? on 13:14 - Feb 23 by LongsufferingR

Fantastic overhead kick by Smithies from Onuoha's corner I thought. I only wish more Rs had heard about the date change and been there to see it.

Ah, ok. Let's make our football great again.

Air hostess clique

Brighton home moved? on 13:53 - Feb 23 with 1692 viewsPinnerPaul

Brighton home moved? on 12:26 - Feb 23 by Walnut

This is probably an oversimplified train of thought........
QPR fans to club "too many games are moved, can't you make a stand?"
Club to fans "afraid not, Sky pay a MASSIVE amount of cash for the privilege to move games at their whim"
QPR fans "OK, pass some of that massive amount on to us & reduce our season ticket cost - thanks!"

Except as Hoos as said, ST sales only just cover cost of running LR and the training ground.

Sky money/shareholders funding pays the players.
Brighton home moved? on 13:56 - Feb 23 with 1679 viewsPinnerPaul

Brighton home moved? on 12:22 - Feb 23 by ElHoop

Yes, I know that live games ARE live on TV and those games WILL be moved.
Excellent application of CAPS I might ADD as an ASIDE.

I was just thinking that if the club did have a good idea that a game might be switched, then it might have been able to make a slightly better effort at bringing this to the attention of fans, particularly those who travel a long way.

BUT I don't have to travel far so why should I CARE?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 12:23]

I resent the implication that I don't care, but it is naive in the extreme, wherever you live, not to expect QPR games to be live on TV and therefore not on Sat at 3pm.

I'm not sure many fans will need "alerting" to the fact that games against teams in top 2 might be moved for TV.

PS Hope lack of capitals meets with your approval this time.
Brighton home moved? on 13:59 - Feb 23 with 1669 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Brighton home moved? on 12:10 - Feb 23 by PinnerPaul

Can't really believe the reaction on here - its a commercial contract to show live football?

Funny, that's not a million miles away from how I view my season ticket contract with QPR.

While I buy it knowing that those shower from Sky have been sold all rights and privileges over my contract to physically attend the fixture, I t doesn't make it any less acceptable when their changes are hoisted upon us and, with zero input from and/or care about the consequences for fans.

Changes that frequently result in games being played at inconvenient times and that's before we go into the debate about how many people, who make financial and other commitments in reliance of the stated fixture list, are messed about. For instance, around me are people who come from Devon and Birmingham. The guy from the west has incurred losses and additional expense due to all his travel plans being changed and the Brummies, don't go to the rearranged night games as much.

Throw into the mix how away fans lose out and I think it's understandable folks moan about inconvenience and, in some cases, hefty financial loss.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Brighton home moved? on 14:33 - Feb 23 with 1605 viewsElHoop

Brighton home moved? on 13:56 - Feb 23 by PinnerPaul

I resent the implication that I don't care, but it is naive in the extreme, wherever you live, not to expect QPR games to be live on TV and therefore not on Sat at 3pm.

I'm not sure many fans will need "alerting" to the fact that games against teams in top 2 might be moved for TV.

Um, I was actually asking why i should care, it's already pretty clear that you don't.

For the sake of clarity, again, the issue for me here isn't that the game is moved - it's how it is moved. OK let's try a different approach:

1. We build the new stadium - 30,000 capacity.
2. We are in the Premier League.
3. We sell some tickets to those travel companies selling football tourist packages from overseas.
4. From time to time we are notified of changes to the fixture dates, for matches for which the travel companies have already sold packages.

The question is PinnerPaul - when would you tell the travel company of the change of date - would it be:

1. When you first got news of the fact that it might be changed.
2. When someone bothered to put the new date in the programme and expect them to subscribe to the programme.
3. When someone bothered to make an official announcement?
Brighton home moved? on 14:38 - Feb 23 with 1595 viewsterryb

Brighton home moved? on 13:56 - Feb 23 by PinnerPaul

But I do expect Rangers games to be shown on Sky.

I even expect, but shouldn't do, that we will be shown more than most clubs in the Championship (and possibly more than some in The Premier). I don't understand this, but I've come to expect it.

I even understand that in this instance it is Brighton that are being covered & we are just the by-product. I also understand Sky have only just announced the matches that they will cover that weekend & the chances of many more games being moved are remote. Though Leeds away is certainly a possibility.

I will live the rest of my life being f****d off by the continuing moving of our fixtures though! Now I'm retired it is far easier for me to attend midweek games, but it is a real pain in the arse getting back to Liverpool Street in time for a 10.30 train.

As a Sky subscriber I'm not certain I have the right to moan too much, but I will! I also doubt that Rangers gain a great amount financially from being one of the Championship chosen few.

You are right to resent the implication that you don't care Pinner. However, I can't remember you ever showing sympathy for those of us living outside of London that struggle to attend midweek. I'm certain that is not your intention, but I totally understand why some have that as their perception.
Brighton home moved? on 15:37 - Feb 23 with 1533 viewsPinnerPaul

Brighton home moved? on 14:33 - Feb 23 by ElHoop

Um, I was actually asking why i should care, it's already pretty clear that you don't.

For the sake of clarity, again, the issue for me here isn't that the game is moved - it's how it is moved. OK let's try a different approach:

1. We build the new stadium - 30,000 capacity.
2. We are in the Premier League.
3. We sell some tickets to those travel companies selling football tourist packages from overseas.
4. From time to time we are notified of changes to the fixture dates, for matches for which the travel companies have already sold packages.

The question is PinnerPaul - when would you tell the travel company of the change of date - would it be:

1. When you first got news of the fact that it might be changed.
2. When someone bothered to put the new date in the programme and expect them to subscribe to the programme.
3. When someone bothered to make an official announcement?

Tell you what - if anyone at our club agreed to any sort of contract that was based on none of our home games being moved they would need sacking.

You/me/everyone knows while we are in top 2 leagues and while current TV contracts exist that some of our games will be moved - often with 8 weeks or less notice - to pretend otherwise is just daft.

As far as club letting people know, there IS (capitals again - sorry) a disclaimer at bottom of fixture list, saying that all fixtures are subject to change - which everyone knows in any case!
Brighton home moved? on 15:47 - Feb 23 with 1523 viewsElHoop

Brighton home moved? on 15:37 - Feb 23 by PinnerPaul

Tell you what - if anyone at our club agreed to any sort of contract that was based on none of our home games being moved they would need sacking.

You/me/everyone knows while we are in top 2 leagues and while current TV contracts exist that some of our games will be moved - often with 8 weeks or less notice - to pretend otherwise is just daft.

As far as club letting people know, there IS (capitals again - sorry) a disclaimer at bottom of fixture list, saying that all fixtures are subject to change - which everyone knows in any case!

Why did you 'box' my posting if you weren't going to reply to it?

Are you going to have another go at it or are you just going to quit and reply to this one?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024