Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton home moved? 22:44 - Feb 21 with 12178 viewsWalnut

Nothing announced anywhere yet but our programme tonight lists Brighton home on the Friday night on Sky!
Brighton home moved? on 16:14 - Feb 22 with 2815 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Brighton home moved? on 15:45 - Feb 22 by terryb

No idea.

It's walnut that was quoting the programme. I was just sugesting that they may have made a mistake!

Sorry that was a question for anyone really not specifically you.
I have since found out the answer though and it showed the previous week as being on Firday on Sky as well so there goes my theory!
Brighton home moved? on 16:21 - Feb 22 with 2794 viewsWalnut

Brighton home moved? on 16:14 - Feb 22 by CroydonCaptJack

Sorry that was a question for anyone really not specifically you.
I have since found out the answer though and it showed the previous week as being on Firday on Sky as well so there goes my theory!

Sky are announcing April games in rolling weeks so the announcement for April 8 weekend is imminent. I reckon QPR have had the heads up but the FL / Sky / teams concerned haven't officially announced yet (a/w Plod?)
edit, a Brighton site have picked up on it too..
http://wearebrighton.com/blog/2017/02/another-away-game-set-to-be-moved-by-sky/
[Post edited 22 Feb 2017 16:32]
Brighton home moved? on 16:43 - Feb 22 with 2737 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Brighton home moved? on 16:21 - Feb 22 by Walnut

Sky are announcing April games in rolling weeks so the announcement for April 8 weekend is imminent. I reckon QPR have had the heads up but the FL / Sky / teams concerned haven't officially announced yet (a/w Plod?)
edit, a Brighton site have picked up on it too..
http://wearebrighton.com/blog/2017/02/another-away-game-set-to-be-moved-by-sky/
[Post edited 22 Feb 2017 16:32]

From the same source though ie our programme.
Brighton home moved? on 17:03 - Feb 22 with 2682 viewsOldPedro

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Brighton home moved? on 17:20 - Feb 22 with 2637 viewsBakes

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Brighton home moved? on 17:26 - Feb 22 with 2612 viewsstowmarketrange

Brighton home moved? on 17:20 - Feb 22 by Bakes

Just the incentive you need before you fork out another £500+ for next season.
F@@k off Sky and pick on someone else.C@ntsssssss.
Brighton home moved? on 17:27 - Feb 22 with 2611 viewsSouthend_Rss

Near enough 2 weeks annual leave used now due to midweek home games.. This tops the lot!! Sky really have done me this season.. I give up!!!!
Brighton home moved? on 18:00 - Feb 22 with 2503 viewsqpr1976

Anyone know how many of our games have been on Sky this season ?
I'm guessing 13 but may have missed one. About 29% !
I wouldn't be surprised if another one is moved between Easter & End of Season.

Seems Brighton will have been on 14 times when they visit us, with more to come.
Leeds & Newcastle have been on a fair bit too.
Login to get fewer ads

Brighton home moved? on 18:02 - Feb 22 with 2490 viewsNorthernr

Brighton home moved? on 18:00 - Feb 22 by qpr1976

Anyone know how many of our games have been on Sky this season ?
I'm guessing 13 but may have missed one. About 29% !
I wouldn't be surprised if another one is moved between Easter & End of Season.

Seems Brighton will have been on 14 times when they visit us, with more to come.
Leeds & Newcastle have been on a fair bit too.

10 (Leeds H, Brentford H, Wolves H, Villa H, Brighton A, Reading A, Fulham H, Newcastle A, Derby A, Brighton H)
Brighton home moved? on 18:10 - Feb 22 with 2450 viewsqpr1976

Brighton home moved? on 18:02 - Feb 22 by Northernr

10 (Leeds H, Brentford H, Wolves H, Villa H, Brighton A, Reading A, Fulham H, Newcastle A, Derby A, Brighton H)

I thought Newcastle H Midweek & Fulham A Sat Early KO were too
Wasn't sure about Reading or Derby H games.

But I bow to your greater knowledge Northern. It just feels like more. especially for a team who've spent most of the season in the bottom half of the table. ie. NOT challenging for Promotion.
Brighton home moved? on 19:12 - Feb 22 with 2328 viewsstowmarketrange

That's over a quarter of home games shown on Sky.I think that is far too many,but what does that matter to Sky?
Brighton home moved? on 20:43 - Feb 22 with 2224 viewsHayesender

Now confirmed ffs

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Brighton home moved? on 20:57 - Feb 22 with 2196 viewsSnipper

Brighton home moved? on 20:43 - Feb 22 by Hayesender

Now confirmed ffs

At least you'll all be able to watch the grand national the following day now.
Brighton home moved? on 21:11 - Feb 22 with 2171 viewsTacticalR

Brighton home moved? on 18:10 - Feb 22 by qpr1976

I thought Newcastle H Midweek & Fulham A Sat Early KO were too
Wasn't sure about Reading or Derby H games.

But I bow to your greater knowledge Northern. It just feels like more. especially for a team who've spent most of the season in the bottom half of the table. ie. NOT challenging for Promotion.

The demand for mid-table mediocrity is surprisingly strong.

Air hostess clique

Brighton home moved? on 22:18 - Feb 22 with 2091 viewsDannyPaddox

Brighton home moved? on 20:43 - Feb 22 by Hayesender

Now confirmed ffs

Bastards I've already shelled out substantially on a ticket to watch a mate get his lights punched out that night at a charity boxing event. And as he's a Spurs supporter there's no way I'm missing it.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2017 22:27]
Brighton home moved? on 08:11 - Feb 23 with 2316 viewsElHoop

This simply isn't good enough i'm afraid. As a football club QPR owes a duty of care to its supporters. If the club accepts that fans living far away will have to organise travel arrangements far in advance of their attendance at games, then we should be providing maximum assistance to those fans.

If we know that a game will be broadcast then we should provide an 'early warning' of this, if we can't confirm the facts for some reason or other.

Alternatively we could provide 'final confirmation' of fixture dates when we know that the date won't be changed for any reason other than the weather. FA Cup dates (obviously not for us) might mean that final confirmation might be late in the day for some games, but something needs to be done as this just looks shabby.
Brighton home moved? on 08:47 - Feb 23 with 2281 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I arranged a trip to Prague avoiding the Saturday to see this. I am not expecting the violins out but it is quite annoying as it's one I was looking forward to. We never seem to play Brighton on a Saturday.
Brighton home moved? on 09:51 - Feb 23 with 2229 viewsBlackCrowe

Another game i can't make now. I reckon I'll have missed close to half of our home games by the end of the season (not just because of Sky moving games but it's been a big contributor). My ST is not delivering much ROI this season. Now for the first time have to seriously consider pay as you go for next season and lose my much loved seat.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Brighton home moved? on 10:03 - Feb 23 with 2199 viewsstowmarketrange

Brighton home moved? on 09:51 - Feb 23 by BlackCrowe

Another game i can't make now. I reckon I'll have missed close to half of our home games by the end of the season (not just because of Sky moving games but it's been a big contributor). My ST is not delivering much ROI this season. Now for the first time have to seriously consider pay as you go for next season and lose my much loved seat.

I'm thinking the same thing.What is the point of paying for games that you can't make because they get moved?
Next season will be see more midweek games anyway because of the World Cup.Add Sky still thinking that we're a big club and that will probably mean about 1/2 the home games being played on days other than Saturday.

I blame Holloway.If he had done his job properly we'd be in the bottom 3 by now and on our way to more Saturday games in league 1 next season.Bloody managers.
Brighton home moved? on 10:06 - Feb 23 with 2184 viewsPinnerPaul

Brighton home moved? on 19:12 - Feb 22 by stowmarketrange

That's over a quarter of home games shown on Sky.I think that is far too many,but what does that matter to Sky?

More money for the club though
Brighton home moved? on 10:06 - Feb 23 with 2184 viewsStanisgod

If we look relatively safe by then we should play an under 23 side that night and take the fine as a protest. See how many viewers the c:nts get then. Bombarding Sky with e mails at the moment for what good it will do, also hammer them on their social media sites.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Brighton home moved? on 10:08 - Feb 23 with 2178 viewstoboboly

Add in Cardiff away and Barnsley away, moved at late notice due to other TV games.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Brighton home moved? on 10:09 - Feb 23 with 2178 viewsPinnerPaul

Brighton home moved? on 08:11 - Feb 23 by ElHoop

This simply isn't good enough i'm afraid. As a football club QPR owes a duty of care to its supporters. If the club accepts that fans living far away will have to organise travel arrangements far in advance of their attendance at games, then we should be providing maximum assistance to those fans.

If we know that a game will be broadcast then we should provide an 'early warning' of this, if we can't confirm the facts for some reason or other.

Alternatively we could provide 'final confirmation' of fixture dates when we know that the date won't be changed for any reason other than the weather. FA Cup dates (obviously not for us) might mean that final confirmation might be late in the day for some games, but something needs to be done as this just looks shabby.

This is 7 weeks though, so not really last minute
Brighton home moved? on 10:40 - Feb 23 with 2139 viewssmegma

Brighton home moved? on 10:06 - Feb 23 by Stanisgod

If we look relatively safe by then we should play an under 23 side that night and take the fine as a protest. See how many viewers the c:nts get then. Bombarding Sky with e mails at the moment for what good it will do, also hammer them on their social media sites.

Then there'll be a thread saying ' I don't pay good money to watch a glorified reserve team get thumped 8-0 when it's free to watch reserve games'.
Brighton home moved? on 10:43 - Feb 23 with 2131 viewsElHoop

Brighton home moved? on 10:09 - Feb 23 by PinnerPaul

This is 7 weeks though, so not really last minute

But the point is that we clearly knew weeks ago that the date would more than likely be changed - we could have and really should have publicised the fact.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024