Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton home moved? 22:44 - Feb 21 with 12244 viewsWalnut

Nothing announced anywhere yet but our programme tonight lists Brighton home on the Friday night on Sky!
Brighton home moved? on 16:35 - Feb 23 with 1395 viewsPinnerPaul

Brighton home moved? on 15:47 - Feb 23 by ElHoop

Why did you 'box' my posting if you weren't going to reply to it?

Are you going to have another go at it or are you just going to quit and reply to this one?

You're being tedious and not very bright

I would tell company when the contract was being drawn up that ALL fixtures are subject to change and, heres the clever bit, ONCE that fixture WAS officially changed, then I would tell them.

Sorry about the capitals - can't help myself.
Brighton home moved? on 17:28 - Feb 23 with 1329 viewsHarbour

putting aside the inconvenience and costs to us the paying supporters... nearly all Thursday Friday Saturday noon and Sunday kick offs produce crap football and a terrible atmosphere at the game for those reasons I wish sky would pick on another team to show live games and another thought there should be a guaranteed cut off time period for changing game days/times at least 6 weeks and secondly a cap on how many home games can be moved per team and I think that should be 6 home games no more.
Brighton home moved? on 17:31 - Feb 23 with 1321 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Brighton home moved? on 12:09 - Feb 23 by PinnerPaul

What - "Hi everyone, our game with Brighton in 2 months time might or might not be moved." ?????

I know its a pain, but by now we all know that games ARE live on TV and those games WILL be moved.

Brighton have been top two for ages, so its always been a possibility, yet its greeted as a great shock.

It is not a great shock but it can be inconvenient don't you agree?
Brighton home moved? on 17:47 - Feb 23 with 1304 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I have a question that no one has ever been able to answer:

Why does a match need to be moved so it can be on TV? Why not show whatever 1500 Saturday KO games you want?
Brighton home moved? on 18:22 - Feb 23 with 1267 viewsCamberleyR

Brighton home moved? on 17:47 - Feb 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Why does a match need to be moved so it can be on TV? Why not show whatever 1500 Saturday KO games you want?

Because there's some rule somewhere (probably goes back donkeys years) that says television companies can't show a football match live on television whilst other games are taking place.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Brighton home moved? on 18:26 - Feb 23 with 1400 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Brighton home moved? on 18:22 - Feb 23 by CamberleyR

Because there's some rule somewhere (probably goes back donkeys years) that says television companies can't show a football match live on television whilst other games are taking place.

Someone told me the FA were worried that people would stop going to games if they showed matches at 1500 Saturday.

Just cant see it myself.
Brighton home moved? on 18:29 - Feb 23 with 1400 viewsCamberleyR

Brighton home moved? on 18:26 - Feb 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Someone told me the FA were worried that people would stop going to games if they showed matches at 1500 Saturday.

Just cant see it myself.

Just found it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_on_television#Kick-off_times

3pm "Blackout"

"In the 1960s, Burnley F.C. Chairman Bob Lord successfully convinced fellow Football League Chairmen that televised matches on a Saturday afternoon would have a negative effect on the attendances of other football league games that were not being televised and as a result reduce their financial income.

As a result, the FA, Premier League and Football League do not permit English matches to be televised live between 2:45pm and 5:15pm on a Saturday within the United Kingdom. Until recently, the FA Cup Final was an exception and had been broadcast at 3pm on a Saturday in May; however, in 2012, the FA Cup Final was moved to 5pm.

Foreign matches shown in the United Kingdom are also affected by the blackout; Sky Sports do not broadcast the first 15 minutes of Spanish La Liga matches which kick off at 5pm UK time."
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 18:31]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Brighton home moved? on 18:47 - Feb 23 with 1364 viewsElHoop

Brighton home moved? on 16:35 - Feb 23 by PinnerPaul

You're being tedious and not very bright

I would tell company when the contract was being drawn up that ALL fixtures are subject to change and, heres the clever bit, ONCE that fixture WAS officially changed, then I would tell them.

Sorry about the capitals - can't help myself.

I may be very tedious and this place is determined to convince me that I'm not very bright, but these are not actually surprising revelations for me.

Rather than farting around with CAPITALS, you might want to marshal your huge intellectual resources into a great PinnerPaul thrust towards trying to get the point.

If we know that the game is going to be changed then why not say that? You don't know when we knew that it would be changed for sure and you don't know why we didn't make an announcement when we put the new date in the programme for instance. If Sky wouldn't let us publish the agreed new date because it didn't suit THEM, then that's wrong if our fans were still making travel arrangements which couldn't be cancelled or altered. It's plain wrong.

It's really THAT simple.
Login to get fewer ads

Brighton home moved? on 19:46 - Feb 23 with 1308 viewsPinnerPaul

Brighton home moved? on 17:31 - Feb 23 by CroydonCaptJack

It is not a great shock but it can be inconvenient don't you agree?

Oh God, coming across a spokesman for Sky now and I don't even have it!

Clive has said that we have had 10 games on Sky , at least 3 others have been moved for TV related reasons and two because of the FA Cup - so that's 15 games already moved this season - yet everyone acts as if its such a shock - THAT's my point - capitals again - someone won't be happy.

I'm done on this one now.
Brighton home moved? on 11:03 - Feb 25 with 1207 viewsfrancisbowles

Brighton home moved? on 17:47 - Feb 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Baz, they have a schedule to fill. Even if the 3pm rule was relaxed, what are they going to show the rest of the time if they don't move matches?
Brighton home moved? on 11:26 - Feb 25 with 1195 viewsjohncharles

Brighton home moved? on 12:10 - Feb 23 by PinnerPaul

Can't really believe the reaction on here - its a commercial contract to show live football?

Buying a Season Ticket is also a commercial contract. It should be made clear (IN CAPITALS) that the dates and times of matches can be changed at random and thus the purchaser may only get to see 10 out the 20 games he/she has paid in advance for.

Strong and stable my arse.

Brighton home moved? on 13:30 - Feb 25 with 1151 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Brighton home moved? on 11:03 - Feb 25 by francisbowles

Baz, they have a schedule to fill. Even if the 3pm rule was relaxed, what are they going to show the rest of the time if they don't move matches?

1) The Cooper's Hill Cheese-Rolling and Wake
2) Bog Snorkeling
3) Ferret Legging
Brighton home moved? on 14:28 - Feb 25 with 1117 viewsHantsR

Brighton home moved? on 09:51 - Feb 23 by BlackCrowe

Another game i can't make now. I reckon I'll have missed close to half of our home games by the end of the season (not just because of Sky moving games but it's been a big contributor). My ST is not delivering much ROI this season. Now for the first time have to seriously consider pay as you go for next season and lose my much loved seat.

Almost same here. I've had to miss re-arranged games e.g. Burton as my social secretary looks at my football calendar before proceeding with making other bookings etc.

In any case, putting anything on an evening game has been particularly tiresome for me in the last year due to night time motorway closures.

For example, after the Wigan match, I sped quickly to the M25 - no notices about closures - goodie! Uh oh - get close to Junction 12 only to discover that M3 closed. Grr oh well, on to A3 - oh! that's closed as well. Tortuous drive home on A roads via Guildford and about 1hr late getting home after midnight. There were other options had I checked on-line or had notices made me aware of such closures.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024