Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Raneri sacked (n/t) 19:48 - Feb 23 with 5451 viewsHollowayRanger

bit harsh I think
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 19:48]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 21:21 - Feb 23 with 2284 views2Thomas2Bowles

I wanted them to stay up
Now I hope they go down just to feck off the owners

The fans still supported him, he gave them their greatest season ever and will never be repeated.

The Prem really is poison.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 21:23 - Feb 23 with 2272 viewsrobith

Hope they go done. What a world where the greatest achievement of the modern age doesn't get you credit in the bank

Also chat that the players downed tools on him. Players who got a god damn premier league winners medal through him, huge contract extensions though him. If true I wish them nothing but professional misery in their careers.

F*ck football man
Raneri sacked (n/t) on 21:25 - Feb 23 with 2253 viewsHadders

Like so many others, I loved Leicester last year, and found Ranieri so charming and refreshing, too. A tiny part of me worries that it was thrown somehow, just because it was so unlikely, though it's a depressing idea and difficult to imagine how it could be done. Interesting to see how Leicester fans take this - my guess is that they are probably completely divided, with many still totally backing him. Anyone who imagines our supporters would be any different in their shoes has obviously never read a Rangers forum.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2017 21:26]
Raneri sacked (n/t) on 21:35 - Feb 23 with 2186 viewsBrightonhoop

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 21:23 - Feb 23 by robith

Hope they go done. What a world where the greatest achievement of the modern age doesn't get you credit in the bank

Also chat that the players downed tools on him. Players who got a god damn premier league winners medal through him, huge contract extensions though him. If true I wish them nothing but professional misery in their careers.

F*ck football man

That's where he came undone, he lost too many of them, only he and they know how but slagging players off in the press is not the way to keep the team, any team, and he should have known that. Only they know the true extent. The public facing side of his management looked like a disaster waiting to happen for months.
The soul went out of the game decades ago and this is just a symptom, as grim as it is, some will look back on this episode as halcyon days.
If there is any hope for the game, Sky and Murdoch need to go before they kill it comletely.
Raneri sacked (n/t) on 21:45 - Feb 23 with 2132 viewsisawqpratwcity

I fail to see how they can think this decision will help the rest of their season.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 21:51 - Feb 23 with 2095 viewsBrightonhoop

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 21:45 - Feb 23 by isawqpratwcity

I fail to see how they can think this decision will help the rest of their season.

That's a very good point. Owners are so one dimensionaland predictable. I honestly thought they would sack him after Xmas.

I wonder who they have lined up for the plan of world domination?
Raneri sacked (n/t) on 22:03 - Feb 23 with 2023 viewsMonahoop

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 21:35 - Feb 23 by Brightonhoop

That's where he came undone, he lost too many of them, only he and they know how but slagging players off in the press is not the way to keep the team, any team, and he should have known that. Only they know the true extent. The public facing side of his management looked like a disaster waiting to happen for months.
The soul went out of the game decades ago and this is just a symptom, as grim as it is, some will look back on this episode as halcyon days.
If there is any hope for the game, Sky and Murdoch need to go before they kill it comletely.

Good post. Very harsh on Ranieri for all he did for Leicester, but if my memory serves me well, he was badly treated at Chelsea too before Mourinho turned up. I've always found Ranieri a respectful manager, but if I were him I wouldn't give the English Premier League, with its lurid hype, its shalllow, spoilt players and all its other ugly pitfalls a third chance. And I agree, the odious ogres Murdoch and Sky are damaging the game, probably beyond repair.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 22:06 - Feb 23 with 2003 viewsFredManRave

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 21:45 - Feb 23 by isawqpratwcity

They're one point above the relegation places, isaw. You do know how a table works don't you?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 22:07 - Feb 23 with 1988 viewsPunteR

Didnt they hold their nerve till the end of the season with Pearson?.
Its this sort of thing that make people stop caring about football. Its a horrible business.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 22:09 - Feb 23 with 1980 viewsBrightonhoop

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 22:03 - Feb 23 by Monahoop

Good post. Very harsh on Ranieri for all he did for Leicester, but if my memory serves me well, he was badly treated at Chelsea too before Mourinho turned up. I've always found Ranieri a respectful manager, but if I were him I wouldn't give the English Premier League, with its lurid hype, its shalllow, spoilt players and all its other ugly pitfalls a third chance. And I agree, the odious ogres Murdoch and Sky are damaging the game, probably beyond repair.

Spot on. 25 years of silly money have brought us to this. Don't believe the hype. Remember that BA Ad tht used to claim they were the best airline in the world? Er, yeah? Who says so. BA....
The Prem hype is thread bare. And Sky are a dinosaur. Agreed,Ranieri should not have too much trouble plying his trade elsewhere.
Raneri sacked (n/t) on 22:09 - Feb 23 with 1977 viewsElHoop

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 22:06 - Feb 23 by FredManRave

They're one point above the relegation places, isaw. You do know how a table works don't you?!

They're also one win away from the last 8 of the Champions League.

It might be a year or two before they get into that position again.
Raneri sacked (n/t) on 22:15 - Feb 23 with 1927 viewsVancouverHoop

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 20:14 - Feb 23 by MrSheen

"He'd taken us far as he could. We need someone to get us up to the next level."

Which would be what? Your club are champions of The Greatest League in the World,â„¢ still involved in The Greatest Club Cup Competition in the Worldâ„¢ but that's not already "the next level?" Is there some kind of coherent development plan at work that no one else can see? Because changing a manager is almost certainly going to make no difference at all. It's at best a lottery. Take the Prem money, throw it at a youth development system and a proper international scouting network. In the great scheme of things one relegation means sweet f**k all. Leicester will be back sooner or later, just as QPR will. What matters is how prepared you are when it happens.
Raneri sacked (n/t) on 22:18 - Feb 23 with 1906 viewskensalriser

Astonishing outpuring of hate. It's only football!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 22:18 - Feb 23 with 1905 viewsElHoop

The way it's going the top 3 from last season will all have new managers come August.
Raneri sacked (n/t) on 22:19 - Feb 23 with 1896 viewsFredManRave

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 21:04 - Feb 23 by Brightonhoop

From a supporters view it's still an emotional thing.

It's a ruthless results lead business with hundreds of millions at stake. My only surprise is it didn't come sooner.

I'm surprised how everyone seems so surprised. Since when did any millionaire owner care about anything other than the bottom line of the club. Unfortunately sentiment in their decision making is long gone. It's a business pure and simple and as has been shown with this decision the slate is wiped clean at the beginning of every season. ALL they care about now is maintaining their stay in the Premier League due to the money that will bring in. Nothing more.

I actually thought last nights performance and result in the Champions League might have got him some more time so the fact they've sacked him today whilst still in the Champions League confirms that it is ALL about the Premier League. Either that or it was a decision that had already been made and (presumably) they've already got their next manager lined up.

I'm not saying I agree with the decision. I'm saying I understand why it was made. Looking at this season alone they've been awful and are getting worse, 5 losses on the spin and 1 point above the relegation places.

No place for sentiment in football 2017, I'm afraid.

And as for Gary Lineker and his "Gut wrenchingly sad" tweet. Get a f'in grip.

I've got the Power.

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 22:22 - Feb 23 with 1983 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I can't wait to hear what Trump makes of this.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 22:31 - Feb 23 with 1957 viewsstevec

On the other hand he will always be the man who took Leicester to the most unexpected of league titles, was well paid for it and must have had a ball.

Once a manager loses some of the players there is no way back, simply time to move on and accept it's part and parcel of the game.

In the end ,raneiri gets a new lease of life, as do Leicester. No sentiment, just a new challenge.
Raneri sacked (n/t) on 22:33 - Feb 23 with 1952 viewsFredManRave

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 22:22 - Feb 23 by PlanetHonneywood

I can't wait to hear what Trump makes of this.

With his 3 second memory, he's forgotten about it already.

I've got the Power.

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 22:33 - Feb 23 with 1946 viewsJamie

What a bunch of dopes.
Raneri sacked (n/t) on 22:34 - Feb 23 with 1943 viewsBrightonhoop

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 22:19 - Feb 23 by FredManRave

I'm surprised how everyone seems so surprised. Since when did any millionaire owner care about anything other than the bottom line of the club. Unfortunately sentiment in their decision making is long gone. It's a business pure and simple and as has been shown with this decision the slate is wiped clean at the beginning of every season. ALL they care about now is maintaining their stay in the Premier League due to the money that will bring in. Nothing more.

I actually thought last nights performance and result in the Champions League might have got him some more time so the fact they've sacked him today whilst still in the Champions League confirms that it is ALL about the Premier League. Either that or it was a decision that had already been made and (presumably) they've already got their next manager lined up.

I'm not saying I agree with the decision. I'm saying I understand why it was made. Looking at this season alone they've been awful and are getting worse, 5 losses on the spin and 1 point above the relegation places.

No place for sentiment in football 2017, I'm afraid.

And as for Gary Lineker and his "Gut wrenchingly sad" tweet. Get a f'in grip.

Yep. I think the timing is sad. On an away goal at Seville they have hope of progessing. However, it is the Prem money that is killing the game. And no sign that can change.
I got a coule of pelters when he got an unequivocal backing from the Board on February 7th, I said he'd be gone by Monday. I was wrong, he lasted a couple more weeks.
Very strange timing on the away goal at Seville.
Raneri sacked (n/t) on 23:02 - Feb 23 with 1846 viewsElHoop

I guess that it depends on which Leicester you think is the real one - the one which just about stayed up under Pearson, without Kante, or the one which won the league with Kante buti is also now without Kante. If Walsh hadn't gone to Everton then they'd probably have had Gueye to replace Kante. Losing Kante and Walsh looks pretty careless but was presumably not Ranieri's fault.

Huth and Morgan look past their sell-by date as a partnership - is that Ranieri's fault? Who is scouting for Leicester now? Even if they had a good scout to replace Walsh it would have been difficult to buy players as if they were champions. Presumably these things take months/years to set up? Nobody would have seen Leicester as a passport to the Champions League at the time most of these decisions were being made. So Ranieri had ended up with an ageing squad with a few kids plus some mostly ineffective new signings, without Kante. I think that sacking Ranieri has damaged Leicester but they may stay up and I guess they will see that as justification, in the short term at least.
Raneri sacked (n/t) on 23:58 - Feb 23 with 1749 viewsGloryHunter

He'll be alright. Just think of the money. Nice retirement fund.
Raneri sacked (n/t) on 04:05 - Feb 24 with 1686 viewstimcocking

Terrible.
Raneri sacked (n/t) on 04:29 - Feb 24 with 1677 viewsPommyhoop

Is there a grassy knoll in Leicester?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 05:05 - Feb 24 with 1664 viewsexiled_dictator

Raneri sacked (n/t) on 20:26 - Feb 23 by Lblock

DILLY DING -- DILLY GONE

indeed.

actually, now 'mad dog' ranieri has left the building, can someone please explain wtf 'dilly dilly ding dong' or whatever the hell it is he was saying.
was he smoking something?
is it italian?
is mad dog just mad?

answers on the back of a stamp addressed to:

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024