Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doris 08:08 - Feb 25 with 3745 viewsexiled_dictator

ok, not really sure who or what to blame, but yesterday, my wife was trying to return home, and was met by road closures around where we live.
no physical peoples on guard, just tape across the street with a sign on the side saying:

road closed
risk of tree failure

we live in a leafy area of kensington, where there have been trees for probably millions of years, and storms for just as long.
we definitely have had weather in the past, and i have definitely seen trees coming down as a result of said weather, but the area around where we live has not been closed (as far as i am aware. the normans might have closed it to oxen at one time or another)
the idea of protecting ones residents is admirable by the council, but it does leave the little issue of what the residents do when they cannot drive to their paid parking spaces, and then enter their houses.
as i said, nobody was on site, and there were other residents mulling around looking for answers.
a smart and enterprising local resident went to the town hall, found the relevant department and person who came out and promptly removed the tape and the sign.
job done.
but i like the idea of referring to falling trees as a failure.

anyhoo

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Doris on 09:32 - Feb 25 with 3694 viewsdavman

I was told not to go out or I'D get blown by Doris

I was out 5here for 4 hours and she never turned up.

DAMN!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Doris on 09:54 - Feb 25 with 3662 views2Thomas2Bowles

Kensington and no boobie on the beat to assist. shocking, people are no longer safe in they homes or streets. I hope you have dug a sub floor for your protection and removed any tree roots.

I'd be writing to the mp and the chief constable the whole place is going to ruin.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Doris on 10:20 - Feb 25 with 3631 viewsHantsR

Here's the devastation outside my house

[Post edited 25 Feb 2017 10:21]
Doris on 10:48 - Feb 25 with 3592 viewssmegma

RIP Liam

Doris on 09:33 - Feb 26 with 3401 viewsDorse

Doris on 10:20 - Feb 25 by HantsR

Here's the devastation outside my house

[Post edited 25 Feb 2017 10:21]

Our prayers are with you.