Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hughesless 14:21 - Feb 26 with 2193 viewsNoelmc

Enjoying watching him on the sideline as Spuds take them apart. 4-0 HT.
Hughesless on 14:28 - Feb 26 with 2182 viewsDorse

In this case, I assume HT stands for 'huge tosser'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hughesless on 14:43 - Feb 26 with 2160 viewsBoston

Seems a bit odd to continue haranguing someone for attaining what many would be happy with, mid table mediocrity. Never took to the man myself, happy when he departed from W12, but c'est la vie.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hughesless on 14:47 - Feb 26 with 2153 viewsDejR_vu

Hughesless on 14:43 - Feb 26 by Boston

Seems a bit odd to continue haranguing someone for attaining what many would be happy with, mid table mediocrity. Never took to the man myself, happy when he departed from W12, but c'est la vie.

Think it's more a case of haranguing him for the utterly inept job he did here, resulting in the biggest mess in the club's history.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Hughesless on 14:48 - Feb 26 with 2146 viewsBoston

Hughesless on 14:47 - Feb 26 by DejR_vu

Think it's more a case of haranguing him for the utterly inept job he did here, resulting in the biggest mess in the club's history.

Oh mate, we've had a lot bigger messes than that man.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hughesless on 14:57 - Feb 26 with 2130 viewsDejR_vu

Hughesless on 14:48 - Feb 26 by Boston

Oh mate, we've had a lot bigger messes than that man.

Not the man, the mess he left behind. We're still trying to mop it up. He started the ball running on the financial insanity we're still trying to recover from now.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Hughesless on 14:58 - Feb 26 with 2125 viewsJAPRANGERS

Is he still into Pocket billiards??
[Post edited 26 Feb 2017 14:58]
Hughesless on 16:06 - Feb 26 with 2063 viewskensalriser

Have to agree with Bos on this one. I very much wanted him to fail after he left us, but he didn't and we did.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hughesless on 19:49 - Feb 26 with 1934 viewsLblock

Hughesless on 14:57 - Feb 26 by DejR_vu

Not the man, the mess he left behind. We're still trying to mop it up. He started the ball running on the financial insanity we're still trying to recover from now.

I think you'll find the fella who started that is still at the club

Scrabbling around for an exit I grant you, but he's still here

Hughes is up there on my list though. A man I'd love to see fail, and fail badly

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Hughesless on 22:52 - Feb 26 with 1843 viewsPommyhoop

Hughes is a mere apprentice to the master of shitehawkery Harry Redknapp.
Redknapp is a Bombay Shitehawk.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Hughesless on 23:18 - Feb 26 with 1821 viewsTacticalR

Hughes fails at certain clubs. The question is 'Why?'

In Living on the Volcano, Michael Calvin says this:

'Hughes seems suited temperamentally to a more structured, relatively stable working environment. When he found that as a player, at Manchester United and then at Chelsea and Blackburn Rovers, he was successful. He excelled at Blackburn as a manager, and is subtly reshaping Stoke, a club popularly defined by the muscularity and diligence of the Tony Pulis era, out of what he admits, significantly, is a sense of gratitude.

When that supportive ethos is conspicuous by its absence, as it was in the politically febrile atmosphere when he managed Manchester City and QPR, problems arise.'

Air hostess clique

Hughesless on 01:01 - Feb 27 with 1750 viewsDannyPaddox

Chatting with a Stoke mate in the pub this evening. Seething. Said the bastard Hughes had taken the them to Dubai for a week. Refreshed they play Tottenham (Europa League losers three days earlier) and are trounced by halftime. And why were they in Dubai? Cos they lost the last round of the FA Cup to Wolves. That's incentive for you. I could be wrong but didn't he do the same thing with us? Mid-season hols to sunnier climes than back home for a spanking? Or did we win?

I know many of us detested Sparky. Personally I was ambivalent. I didn't like the Joorabchain nonsense but didn't think he was as bad as some make out. Stokey John however hopes they fcuk him off this week and get Ranieri in.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 1:34]
Hughesless on 03:35 - Feb 27 with 1713 viewsFredManRave

To have had managers like Mark Hughes and then Harry Redknapp follow someone like Neil Warnock was cruel, to say the least. I didn't think anybody could out ambivilence Hughes but then Redknapp took it to a whole new level. I couldn't stand Hughes as our manager but again Redknapp took my inability to stand ti a whole new level.

Albeit with hindsight but they were two managers that were, for many reasons, appaling for us.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Hughesless on 10:42 - Feb 27 with 1569 viewsTacticalR

Hughesless on 01:01 - Feb 27 by DannyPaddox

Chatting with a Stoke mate in the pub this evening. Seething. Said the bastard Hughes had taken the them to Dubai for a week. Refreshed they play Tottenham (Europa League losers three days earlier) and are trounced by halftime. And why were they in Dubai? Cos they lost the last round of the FA Cup to Wolves. That's incentive for you. I could be wrong but didn't he do the same thing with us? Mid-season hols to sunnier climes than back home for a spanking? Or did we win?

I know many of us detested Sparky. Personally I was ambivalent. I didn't like the Joorabchain nonsense but didn't think he was as bad as some make out. Stokey John however hopes they fcuk him off this week and get Ranieri in.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 1:34]

I think the point about Hughes is that before he came to us he appeared to be a safe pair of hands who could deliver mid-table stability. However, if Michael Calvin is right it's not Hughes who creates stability but stability that enables Hughes to operate.

On Joorabchian, as pointed out in Warnock's book, Joorabchian had his claws in the club prior to the arrival of Hughes, which makes you wonder how much influence he had in the appointment of Hughes.

Air hostess clique

Hughesless on 11:27 - Feb 27 with 1518 viewsisawqpratwcity

Hughesless on 10:42 - Feb 27 by TacticalR

I think the point about Hughes is that before he came to us he appeared to be a safe pair of hands who could deliver mid-table stability. However, if Michael Calvin is right it's not Hughes who creates stability but stability that enables Hughes to operate.

On Joorabchian, as pointed out in Warnock's book, Joorabchian had his claws in the club prior to the arrival of Hughes, which makes you wonder how much influence he had in the appointment of Hughes.

"...as pointed out in Warnock's book"

Got a quote?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Hughesless on 11:35 - Feb 27 with 1501 viewsTacticalR

Hughesless on 11:27 - Feb 27 by isawqpratwcity

"...as pointed out in Warnock's book"

Got a quote?

Just for you isawqpratwcity:

Warnock's Book
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/94101/1116642/warn

Air hostess clique

Hughesless on 12:06 - Feb 27 with 1459 viewsisawqpratwcity

Hughesless on 11:35 - Feb 27 by TacticalR

Just for you isawqpratwcity:

Warnock's Book
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/94101/1116642/warn

Thanks for that.

I don't see much there. If KJ was getting in Fernandes' ear, surely Warnock would have mentioned some kind of lobbying from him in the first half of that Premier season? I can't see KJ rocking up to Fernandes cold after Warnock's sacking saying "You don't know me but have I got the manager for you!"

Of course, if it is true that would make Fernandes the Mug of the Century. That alone will make many around here believe it.

Hughesless on 11:57 - Feb 28 with 1304 viewsTacticalR

'Hughes took over in January after Kia Joorabchian, his adviser, made contact with Fernandes, originally to negotiate the proposed transfer of another client, Chelsea’s Alex, for then-manager Neil Warnock. QPR failed to land Alex, but did bring in Hughes, who had been out of work since leaving Fulham seven months earlier.'

Divisions between QPR players made demise of Mark Hughes inevitable
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/divisions-between-qpr

Air hostess clique

Hughesless on 12:54 - Feb 28 with 1261 viewsisawqpratwcity

Hughesless on 11:57 - Feb 28 by TacticalR

'Hughes took over in January after Kia Joorabchian, his adviser, made contact with Fernandes, originally to negotiate the proposed transfer of another client, Chelsea’s Alex, for then-manager Neil Warnock. QPR failed to land Alex, but did bring in Hughes, who had been out of work since leaving Fulham seven months earlier.'

Divisions between QPR players made demise of Mark Hughes inevitable
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/divisions-between-qpr

Yeah, that looks pretty bad.

Joorabchian doesn't seem to have been hanging around the club much but that Independent article does suggest that KJ intrduced Hughes to Fernandes.

Ii's not clear what they mean by 'adviser', but regardless, I don't know why Fernandes didn't have become more reticent, suspicious even, as his funds haemorrhaged on the Joorabchian catalogue of useless drones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024