Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread 14:04 - Feb 27 with 2420 viewsrobith

New starter at work today. We always make them do 3 facts about themselves which one of the owners reads out during our weekly team presentation. One of new guy's facts were that he was a Chelsea fan, the first we've hired., In the weekly presentation there will be a slide on each new starter as the presenter tells everyone there facts.

Imagine my joy that one of the owners embedded a gif of the John Terry penalty miss into his intro slide and left it up on a loop while we told everyone the facts about this guy. Cue much laughter and a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Set me up proper for the rest of the rest of the day.

Share some Rangers related cheer
Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 14:26 - Feb 27 with 2380 viewskarl

We just laugh when the new guys get bitten by a crab, its the simple things in life that make me smile....

Edit. For the person involved hopefully this non hoop related
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 14:28]
Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 14:36 - Feb 27 with 2347 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 14:26 - Feb 27 by karl

We just laugh when the new guys get bitten by a crab, its the simple things in life that make me smile....

Edit. For the person involved hopefully this non hoop related
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 14:28]

HAHA that is the most Orkney thing I've ever read!
Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 14:57 - Feb 27 with 2300 viewshopphoops

I had a colleague who was a proper amazeballs jubilympic comms type who saw my mug with views of LR, and declared herself a Chelsea and Fulham fan. She didn't last long.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 17:14 - Feb 27 with 2188 viewsstowmarketrange

He probably didn't support them that long ago and is only a recent follower.
Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 17:27 - Feb 27 with 2169 viewsbob566

Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 17:46 - Feb 27 with 2146 viewssimmo

That 3 facts thing is a great idea.

All of our new starters are encouraged to do a 'fist' during the company meeting at the end of their first week, it's five shots in a row, usually of vodka but can be sambucca if you don't like vodka (so called as it's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, FIST!).

You soon learn about your new hires once you put 5 vodkas inside them.

Current record for completing is just shy of 7 seconds.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 18:23 - Feb 27 with 2105 viewsMedwayR

I once went on a days training course for work where we were asked to write down information about ourselves including 2 interesting facts, and then the course coordinator would introduce everyone and read out their cards.

As you can imagine most of these were boring old shite but one bloke had obviously done too many of these courses so had now got to the point of not giving a flying one. So his two interesting facts were:

1) My penis is the same size as an argos pen.
2) I'm no longer allowed in argos.

It gave everyone a good laugh and helped break the boredom.

Poll: Who’s better?

Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 18:50 - Feb 27 with 2064 viewsted_hendrix

I purchased a bag of Waitrose wine gums today, I was so happy to discover that the majority of said wine gums in the bag were either the delicious black or red wine gums, how often does that happen eh? Its a well known scientific fact that the majority of wine gums found in a bag of Waitrose wine gums are mostly those horrible green or yellow wine gums (when I say horrible what I really mean is not so scrumptious).
Anyway, I'm obviously beside myself with joy and cheer but please don't bother asking me "can I have a sweet please Ted"? because I've eaten them all and that is the truth.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 00:06 - Feb 28 with 1887 viewsBoston

Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 18:50 - Feb 27 by ted_hendrix

I purchased a bag of Waitrose wine gums today, I was so happy to discover that the majority of said wine gums in the bag were either the delicious black or red wine gums, how often does that happen eh? Its a well known scientific fact that the majority of wine gums found in a bag of Waitrose wine gums are mostly those horrible green or yellow wine gums (when I say horrible what I really mean is not so scrumptious).
Anyway, I'm obviously beside myself with joy and cheer but please don't bother asking me "can I have a sweet please Ted"? because I've eaten them all and that is the truth.

I fcking love wine gums. just as well I left the country as Maynards would probably have been sued by Mrs Boston for contributing to my death through addiction. I'm recovering now, 34 years, one day at a time.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 13:35 - Feb 28 with 1793 viewsDorse

While teaching, we had an 'I Am Me' campaign where all staff were encouraged to write a quick line about what made them unique or some such s hite. This was then put on a (laminated) poster on your classroom door along with your grinning face. For some reason, this was not seen as making you look an absolute c unt.

My suggestion of 'I neither know nor care - I am me' was not viewed in a positive light and I was asked to do another. My second suggestion 'I am the objective form of the personal pronoun "I" - I am me' was taken in much the same way and they stopped asking.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 13:44 - Feb 28 with 1769 viewsstonebridgers

Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 13:35 - Feb 28 by Dorse

While teaching, we had an 'I Am Me' campaign where all staff were encouraged to write a quick line about what made them unique or some such s hite. This was then put on a (laminated) poster on your classroom door along with your grinning face. For some reason, this was not seen as making you look an absolute c unt.

My suggestion of 'I neither know nor care - I am me' was not viewed in a positive light and I was asked to do another. My second suggestion 'I am the objective form of the personal pronoun "I" - I am me' was taken in much the same way and they stopped asking.

You need to be very careful as I made the mistake of telling work colleagues I was an extra on Grange Hill when I was young and was then introduced as "you might recognise him as Roland from Grange Hill" to any new starter.

I think I will go with the Argos Pen fact in future.

Stonebridgers

Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 13:59 - Feb 28 with 1757 viewssmegma

Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 18:50 - Feb 27 by ted_hendrix

So you don't have weekly company meetings down in Berkshire then Tedward?

What a load of old pony. If my job told me that we conducted weekly meetings and new staff have to do a presentation telling 3 facts I'd resign on the spot.

I've got some pandshop wine gums in the bottom of my sports bag. They've been there since Christmas and look a bit minging. I'll eat them tomorrow at work.
Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 02:32 - Mar 1 with 1669 viewsisawqpratwcity

Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 13:35 - Feb 28 by Dorse

"Oh dear, clearly not a [makes air quote marks with fingers and conspiratorially whispers] team player."

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 02:39 - Mar 1 with 1667 viewsFredManRave

Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 02:32 - Mar 1 by isawqpratwcity

"Oh dear, clearly not a [makes air quote marks with fingers and conspiratorially whispers] team player."

There's no "i" in teacher.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 07:57 - Mar 1 with 1589 viewsDorse

Cheer on a Rainy Monday Thread on 02:39 - Mar 1 by FredManRave

There's no "i" in teacher.

It might do if you are being even more teachy?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024