Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rolled, er ....up! 01:45 - Feb 28 with 832 viewsBoston

Yes, our Dave in disguise! Anyone else there that day, we were standing in the terrace to the right? No bother at Cold Blow Lane(but we'd been careful), unlike the home fixture earlier when we'd come a right cropper at Hanger Lane. Train from West Ruislip comes in, doors open and Millwall pile out onto the platform, them having been for a little ride up the line for shits and giggles.

[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 1:46]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rolled, er ....up! on 08:49 - Feb 28 with 702 viewsjohncharles

Bloody hell we were good back then. Quality goal by Givens.

Strong and stable my arse.

Rolled, er ....up! on 13:32 - Feb 28 with 598 viewsterryb

No bother? Not quite how I remember it Boston!

When Don Givens scored it seemed like three quarters of the ground emptied & moved to behind the goal where we all were.l. It seemed best to us that we joined in that grand old game of "Hunt the Rangers fan"! It didn't help when Givens started making 1-0 signs to Millwall fans either.

The walk back to New Cross Gate was a little frightening as well! When the train left Whitechapel after changing to the District Line, it became a bit louder. The celebrations then began
Rolled, er ....up! on 15:31 - Feb 28 with 537 viewsBoston

Rolled, er ....up! on 13:32 - Feb 28 by terryb

No bother? Not quite how I remember it Boston!

When Don Givens scored it seemed like three quarters of the ground emptied & moved to behind the goal where we all were.l. It seemed best to us that we joined in that grand old game of "Hunt the Rangers fan"! It didn't help when Givens started making 1-0 signs to Millwall fans either.

The walk back to New Cross Gate was a little frightening as well! When the train left Whitechapel after changing to the District Line, it became a bit louder. The celebrations then began

Barring some verbal and a few minor scuffles, I don't recall anything serious. I'd been there before but was becoming aware that my advancing age, 14 and the few kicks we'd had at Hanger Lane might be a warning that Millwalls humanitarian image could be slightly tarnished. That in mind we'd done a decent job of not avoiding attention(adopting an unintelligible working class accent and eating copious quantities of jellied eels), no colours, didn't group up and took a few seconds before making a conscientious decision to celebrate the goal. Joking apart....I was uncomfortable but nobody gave us a tough time. We were down near the front, there were quite a few Rangers dotted around, you up the back, thought Millwall were up there?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rolled, er ....up! on 16:53 - Feb 28 with 471 viewsterryb

Rolled, er ....up! on 15:31 - Feb 28 by Boston

Barring some verbal and a few minor scuffles, I don't recall anything serious. I'd been there before but was becoming aware that my advancing age, 14 and the few kicks we'd had at Hanger Lane might be a warning that Millwalls humanitarian image could be slightly tarnished. That in mind we'd done a decent job of not avoiding attention(adopting an unintelligible working class accent and eating copious quantities of jellied eels), no colours, didn't group up and took a few seconds before making a conscientious decision to celebrate the goal. Joking apart....I was uncomfortable but nobody gave us a tough time. We were down near the front, there were quite a few Rangers dotted around, you up the back, thought Millwall were up there?

From memory, The Den was a ground you could walk round & most Rangers fans were behind the goal.

I can't recall any Millwall fans being in that section until we scored. One minute later the other three sides were nearly empty & everyone seemed to be behind that goal. It wasn't pretty!

There was certainly little standing together to defend ourselves (if any) & I would guess most of us pretended to be Millwall fans to protect ourselves.
I certainly wouldn't have been brave/stupid enough to have allowed myself to be known as Rangers.

The previous Wednesday at Cardiff had been a bit fraught due to our lack of numbers, but that day at Millwall, especially the walk back to the station, was the most frightened I've been supporting Rangers!

We definitely didn't need Givens & Bowles making signs to Millwall fans.

I wouldn't have missed it though. What a time it was to be a Rangers man!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024