Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers 08:45 - Feb 28 with 6750 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A friend has posted a photo on FB of the centre-circle sit-in that stopped the Fulham Park Rangers sell-out.

Of all the bad times at Rangers, this was my personal low point. I thought we were gone.

Big thanks today to the men and women among our fanbase who saved our club.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 23:10 - Feb 28 with 1776 viewswombat

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 22:36 - Feb 28 by connell10

Who was perry buckland and why was he innocent?

Yep I was there , left hand side of the second picture near the back , Rip Trevor Kingham who was the main voice behind what happened in those days . Spent many an hour with Trevor before the pitch invasion at various meetings etc life would have been flaming easier if we had mobiles that's for sure

Poll: which is your favouite foot

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 23:40 - Feb 28 with 1742 viewsdistortR

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 23:10 - Feb 28 by wombat

Yep I was there , left hand side of the second picture near the back , Rip Trevor Kingham who was the main voice behind what happened in those days . Spent many an hour with Trevor before the pitch invasion at various meetings etc life would have been flaming easier if we had mobiles that's for sure

got me thinking of Trevor as well. Another top bloke, sadly missed.
30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 01:05 - Mar 1 with 1701 viewsBoston

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 23:40 - Feb 28 by distortR

got me thinking of Trevor as well. Another top bloke, sadly missed.

Bumped into Pete in Sheffield a season or so ago. He told me he was off to wherever his wife was from, (one of the Baltics I think) as soon as he left the Scrubs. Might have departed by now actually. Top lads, made myself a nuisance on their coaches many a time.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 05:09 - Mar 1 with 1657 viewsOregonQPR

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 17:52 - Feb 28 by distortR

Ha ha, that's me! Still in touch with Paul, still on the bins and still a top man!

Are you Gus who used to live in New Cross and knew Joe Young from Hemel and Ewan who became a steward? Also another fella who escapes me from Lewes and wore a green bomber jacket.

I remember Paul too if we are talking about the same fella. We used to go to pub on Baker Street and pop round to the Indian restaurant around the corner.
30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 07:16 - Mar 1 with 1597 viewsdistortR

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 05:09 - Mar 1 by OregonQPR

Are you Gus who used to live in New Cross and knew Joe Young from Hemel and Ewan who became a steward? Also another fella who escapes me from Lewes and wore a green bomber jacket.

I remember Paul too if we are talking about the same fella. We used to go to pub on Baker Street and pop round to the Indian restaurant around the corner.

yes mate!
Used to drink in moriarties in the station and then a pub down the road,owned by norman the miserable, can't for he life of me remember it's name - will be annoying me all day now.
One things for sure, it wasn't the globe, which was full of chelsea.

The bloke in the green bonber is Sean, recently became a dad again!

Not been in touch with Ewan for some time, buti think he occasionally posts here.

So, as we used to say, "Who are yer?"!

Have my suspicions. . . . . .
30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 08:40 - Mar 1 with 1539 viewsqprxtc

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 17:31 - Feb 28 by OutWestR

Your name isn't Gus by any chance is it? I remember talking to the guy in the photo, who had a mate called Paul who used to do the bins in Hounslow. I was a gangly 15 year old around this time with a dodge metallers mullet.

Didn't get on the pitch that day and regretted it ever since.

Gus of 'The Whinging Donkey'!

I still have every copy of that fanzine. Bloody good one it was too, certainly the funniest. Loved the 'Scouse Busters' cover after the 3-1 at Anfield.

Used to bump into you in the White Horse a few times. I may have babbled on about XTC once or twice.
30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 10:49 - Mar 1 with 1474 viewsrichranger

On the subject of mergers - Queens Park Rangers was actually formed from the merger of St Judes and Christchurch Rangers in 1886 - so why does it have 1882 on our badge????
30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 11:05 - Mar 1 with 1448 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Cheers everyone who participated that day, red trousers don't suit me.
Login to get fewer ads

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 11:19 - Mar 1 with 1418 viewsLlanranger

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 10:49 - Mar 1 by richranger

On the subject of mergers - Queens Park Rangers was actually formed from the merger of St Judes and Christchurch Rangers in 1886 - so why does it have 1882 on our badge????

Christchurch Rangers formed in 1882, so that's taken as our earliest date. I think it was convenient when we reached the cup final to say it was our centenary year. Previous to that I don't remember anyone saying we formed in 1882. Funnily enough they read out 1886 as our formation date at Preston on Saturday during their facts about the opposition bit at half time.
30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 13:21 - Mar 1 with 1319 viewsRoller

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 18:12 - Feb 28 by DWQPR

One good thing that came out of this episode was the birth of A Kick Up The R's which is also in its 30th year. It is about time the club recognises the dedication that Dave Thomas has made in keeping this going over the years probably to his absolute detriment. Yet he carries on and for me the publication is very much part of the fabric of QPR and one of the very few fanzines born in that era that has survived to this day.

Absolutely.

Dave is producing a free issue to mark this anniversary, which will be available this Saturday. It will be a "greatest hits" completion which I'll plug nearer the time, but if you normally look the other way and walk past him, stop and grab a free copy.
30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 13:41 - Mar 1 with 1281 viewsCroydonCaptJack

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 11:19 - Mar 1 by Llanranger

Christchurch Rangers formed in 1882, so that's taken as our earliest date. I think it was convenient when we reached the cup final to say it was our centenary year. Previous to that I don't remember anyone saying we formed in 1882. Funnily enough they read out 1886 as our formation date at Preston on Saturday during their facts about the opposition bit at half time.

Yes, that was Jim Gregory I believe, selling the concept of us reaching Wembley on our Centenary Year.
30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 13:47 - Mar 1 with 1270 viewsMoonshineSteve

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 17:29 - Feb 28 by distortR

Hello mate! That was Joe, sadly much missed.

Impossible to go to a match with him and be bored!

I remember Joe. Usually cynical, sometimes angry, always good value. Remember sharing our meagre supply of cigarettes while sitting on the floor of a soccer special back from Grimsby, last game of the season and an unexpected hailstorm. Must have been 1983.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 15:35 - Mar 1 with 1176 viewsvegasranger

I remember sitting down and getting straight back up. Pitch was really wet!!
30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 16:02 - Mar 1 with 1122 viewsdistortR

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 08:40 - Mar 1 by qprxtc

Gus of 'The Whinging Donkey'!

I still have every copy of that fanzine. Bloody good one it was too, certainly the funniest. Loved the 'Scouse Busters' cover after the 3-1 at Anfield.

Used to bump into you in the White Horse a few times. I may have babbled on about XTC once or twice.

Thanks! I'll use your post to offset the waves of mid-life crisis this thread is causing!

I regret to inform you, bar a few tracks, i still don't really get XTC!!
30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 17:12 - Mar 1 with 1054 viewskingshill

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 17:10 - Feb 28 by distortR

lol. I'm there, front left, black hat over my mohawk!

Thank God I can't be seen on the photo's, I've managed to lose most photo's of that time due to the mullet!

Funny old season that was, think we were all in shock after the League Cup final that never was at the end of the season before, then we had all this crap along with the scariest away day ever at Leeds in the cup. Everything else was really dull that year.

Back to normal in 87/88 with Parker and a few others making us a force again.
30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 17:13 - Mar 1 with 1142 viewskingo

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 17:35 - Feb 28 by switchingcode

And 50 years since you lot tried to takes us over,celebrated by applause in the 67th minute in last Saturday's game v Rotherham just as they equalised which confused the away fans

The thing is that it wasn't the hostile 'takeover' that Brentford seem to make it out to be was it. You were going out of existence in a matter of days, as your chairman wouldn't put another penny into the club. Brentfords CEO then ASKED Jim Gregory if he would consider saving your club financially, which he said he would do but on his terms. Not the hostile takeover that it is being depicted as now. As it worked out your fans did just about enough to keep you in business at the last minute.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 17:51 - Mar 1 with 1101 viewsFredManRave

One thing that's obvious reading through this thread; distortR was one of the Ace Faces down at the Rangers in the late 80's.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2017 20:34]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 19:21 - Mar 1 with 1038 viewsEsgaroth

A friend and me made a protest sign in school on a bed sheet, it was the circular no entry sign with FPR in it. we both tried to run on the pitch but a steward grabbed my mate, i on the other hand had reactions like a cat back then and gave two of them the slip.

I remember a female press photographer asking me to hold my sign up but i never saw the picture in a news paper or any other form of media, i would love to have a copy of that photo but have a feeling i never will.

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 20:29 - Mar 1 with 1010 viewsloftboy

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 17:52 - Feb 28 by distortR

Ha ha, that's me! Still in touch with Paul, still on the bins and still a top man!

I remeber when you had a mohican, used to see you at all the away games but never spoke, once travelled back with Joe from Liverpool, it was the game the Saturday after the milk cup semi, he decided he wanted a piss so got his old man out and did it there and then in the carriage of the train,.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 05:48 - Mar 2 with 906 viewsdistortR

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 17:51 - Mar 1 by FredManRave

One thing that's obvious reading through this thread; distortR was one of the Ace Faces down at the Rangers in the late 80's.

I just sailed in Joe's slipstream! He was larger then life, chaos on legs,and there when you needed him to be!
30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 13:08 - Mar 2 with 838 viewssmegma

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 17:10 - Feb 28 by distortR

lol. I'm there, front left, black hat over my mohawk!

That was before you became land owning gentry, started wearing Barbour jackets and Timberland wellies and bought up the Isle Of Man.
30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 20:51 - Mar 2 with 737 viewsdistortR

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 13:08 - Mar 2 by smegma

That was before you became land owning gentry, started wearing Barbour jackets and Timberland wellies and bought up the Isle Of Man.

Well, I know who you are!
30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 05:40 - Mar 3 with 675 viewskarl

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 17:51 - Mar 1 by FredManRave

Great thread, what a motley crew to have saved the club!!

Nice edit btw Fred, saved Face, so to speak haha.....
30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 11:57 - Mar 3 with 589 viewsFredManRave

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 05:40 - Mar 3 by karl

Great thread, what a motley crew to have saved the club!!

Nice edit btw Fred, saved Face, so to speak haha.....

The pm I got from his lawyers left me with no choice but to edit it.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 16:40 - Mar 3 with 541 viewsdistortR

30 Years Since Fulham Park Rangers on 11:57 - Mar 3 by FredManRave

The pm I got from his lawyers left me with no choice but to edit it.

I have a feeling i've missed something here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024