Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Mackie Interview 09:15 - Feb 28 with 1535 viewsNorthernr

Our interview with Jamie Mackie is now here, and can also be listened to on this week's Open All R's podcast

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/45191
Jamie Mackie Interview on 09:58 - Feb 28 with 1497 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Cracking. He's dangerously infectious, that man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jamie Mackie Interview on 10:00 - Feb 28 with 1490 viewsNorthernr

Jamie Mackie Interview on 09:58 - Feb 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Cracking. He's dangerously infectious, that man.

And actually a good deal brighter than his voice makes him sound, which was surprising!
Jamie Mackie Interview on 10:02 - Feb 28 with 1483 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jamie Mackie Interview on 10:00 - Feb 28 by Northernr

And actually a good deal brighter than his voice makes him sound, which was surprising!

I was thinking the same thing while reading that. He's extremely articulate.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jamie Mackie Interview on 10:05 - Feb 28 with 1481 viewslondonscottish

I've read it for now, will listen later.

If I could summon up that level of enthusiasm, graft & positive attitude in my job I'd have been made CEO years ago.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Jamie Mackie Interview on 10:47 - Feb 28 with 1429 viewsFDC

Jamie Mackie Interview on 10:02 - Feb 28 by BrianMcCarthy

I was thinking the same thing while reading that. He's extremely articulate.

Thought the same listening to him on the Loftcast a while back too, Mackie V2.0 is definitely leadership material.
Jamie Mackie Interview on 11:09 - Feb 28 with 1406 viewslondonscottish

Jamie Mackie Interview on 10:47 - Feb 28 by FDC

Thought the same listening to him on the Loftcast a while back too, Mackie V2.0 is definitely leadership material.

When I saw him talk on the stadium tour he has a real pro. He listened carefully to all the questions, gave well-considered answers, looked everyone directly in the eye. Cracked quite a few jokes too, usually at his own expense.

He's grown into the boots vacated by Dezza and Clint.

Good to see.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Jamie Mackie Interview on 11:23 - Feb 28 with 1388 viewsSouthend_Rss

I like this format of having a one to one interview for the podcast, other than all the guys round the table introducing themselves and asking questions and interrupting each other.. Got nothing against the team as they all do a great job and are very easy to listen too. It just makes the podcast more professional this way.. Only my opinion of course.. Looking forward to listening..
Jamie Mackie Interview on 13:28 - Feb 28 with 1259 viewshopphoops

Smithies, Ned, big Matt Smith, Conor Washington and now Mackie - should we be worried with all this dressing room intelligence? Will they be bunking off training to attend Chatham House meetings and TED talks?

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Login to get fewer ads

Jamie Mackie Interview on 13:47 - Feb 28 with 1245 viewstraininvain

I daresay many fans feel the same way about the title winning season including me

From there I’ve always been chasing that season again and it’s very difficult to get that feeling back. As I’ve got older I’ve realised that I’m lucky I’ve had that season and I’ll keep it in isolation and not try to chase it too much because you won’t ever replicate a season after another season, that’s the nature of football. I’m very lucky I was part of that squad, because it was a special place then.
Jamie Mackie Interview on 14:00 - Feb 28 with 1226 viewsNorthernr

Jamie Mackie Interview on 13:47 - Feb 28 by traininvain

I daresay many fans feel the same way about the title winning season including me

From there I’ve always been chasing that season again and it’s very difficult to get that feeling back. As I’ve got older I’ve realised that I’m lucky I’ve had that season and I’ll keep it in isolation and not try to chase it too much because you won’t ever replicate a season after another season, that’s the nature of football. I’m very lucky I was part of that squad, because it was a special place then.

I thought that was actually very good advice for us all. I think a number of players and managers have been judged overly harshly since then because they're not Derry/Hill/Faurlin/Mackie/Helguson/Taarabt/Warnock. We forget we've only ever been promoted eight times in 140 years. It was an exceptional team and an exceptional season and history tells us we won't have another like it for a while, nor will it be the same when it does happen. We've hammered several players and managers simply for parring the QPR course.
Jamie Mackie Interview on 14:08 - Feb 28 with 1213 viewsShotKneesHoop

Jamie Mackie Interview on 14:00 - Feb 28 by Northernr

I thought that was actually very good advice for us all. I think a number of players and managers have been judged overly harshly since then because they're not Derry/Hill/Faurlin/Mackie/Helguson/Taarabt/Warnock. We forget we've only ever been promoted eight times in 140 years. It was an exceptional team and an exceptional season and history tells us we won't have another like it for a while, nor will it be the same when it does happen. We've hammered several players and managers simply for parring the QPR course.

We've also rightly hammered the majority that followed that squad because they obviously couldn't be arsed to bother - apart from take the money.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Jamie Mackie Interview on 14:22 - Feb 28 with 1204 viewsNorthernr

Jamie Mackie Interview on 14:08 - Feb 28 by ShotKneesHoop

We've also rightly hammered the majority that followed that squad because they obviously couldn't be arsed to bother - apart from take the money.

That was true immediately afterwards but I don't see that now.
Jamie Mackie Interview on 15:51 - Feb 28 with 1095 viewsShotKneesHoop

Jamie Mackie Interview on 14:22 - Feb 28 by Northernr

That was true immediately afterwards but I don't see that now.

Totally agree, but it has taken years to get it right, and there's still one or two like Caulker, Emmanuel Thomas and Henry still on the books. The malaise went on for far too long, encouraged by Our Tone. Things have improved in a direct ratio with his reduction in Twittering.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Jamie Mackie Interview on 16:53 - Feb 28 with 1029 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jamie Mackie Interview on 15:51 - Feb 28 by ShotKneesHoop

Totally agree, but it has taken years to get it right, and there's still one or two like Caulker, Emmanuel Thomas and Henry still on the books. The malaise went on for far too long, encouraged by Our Tone. Things have improved in a direct ratio with his reduction in Twittering.

but you'll always have that.
Even in that promotion season we had the likes of Chimbonda and Hall.

Bare bones.

Jamie Mackie Interview on 17:40 - Feb 28 with 988 viewsRoller

Jamie Mackie Interview on 15:51 - Feb 28 by ShotKneesHoop

I would never group Henry with the likes of JET. Henry always tried and never hid, but was limited.
Jamie Mackie Interview on 18:52 - Feb 28 with 928 viewsLblock

I was thinking before I'd read the last paragraph what I'd most remember Mackie for.

The Liverpool goal?
The diving header and him celebrating on his knees right in front of us up at City (he had tears that day)?
The "Only One Jamie Mackie" banner?

The answer was all of them but number one was Derby away. That kick started the best season in my QPR supporting life in terms of on the pitch.
Glad JM agrees!

Something else to hold against that jerky charlatan Candle Face that he deprived JM of that wonderful day at Wembley

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Jamie Mackie Interview on 20:35 - Feb 28 with 840 viewsLongsufferingR

Should become the first to be inducted into Forever Rs before he's even left the club.
Jamie Mackie Interview on 13:30 - Mar 1 with 528 viewsEastR

Jamie Mackie Interview on 14:00 - Feb 28 by Northernr

Whilst I fundamentally agree with your observation Clive, I think it's important to contextualise some of that criticism against the waste of unprecedented financial resources that were available to the club.
To have nothing lasting to show for a upwards of a quarter of a billion pounds is shameful.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Jamie Mackie Interview on 14:10 - Mar 1 with 493 viewsNorthernr

Jamie Mackie Interview on 13:30 - Mar 1 by EastR

Whilst I fundamentally agree with your observation Clive, I think it's important to contextualise some of that criticism against the waste of unprecedented financial resources that were available to the club.
To have nothing lasting to show for a upwards of a quarter of a billion pounds is shameful.

Completely agree, and the people who wasted it (Hughes, Fernandes, Joorabchian, Beard, Redknapp) and the wasters they wasted it on (SWP, Bosingwa, Samba, Jenas etc) deserve all the grief they get.

I'm referring to people like Ferdinand, Ramsey, JFH, Hoos, Henry, Onuoha, Gladwin etc who've taken some absolutely fearful stick when 1) they're all, in one way or another, trying to mop up a mess others left them and 2) they're not as good as that Warnock team, but then few would be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024