Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Villa 09:56 - Feb 28 with 2593 viewsPinnerPaul

Lost £81.3M in 15/16 up from £26.6M the previous season.

What are their losses going to be this season then?!
Villa on 10:01 - Feb 28 with 2570 viewsNorthernr

It's got to be that again. They've spent an absolute fortune on players and lost their Sky income.
Villa on 10:32 - Feb 28 with 2510 viewsPinnerPaul

Villa on 10:01 - Feb 28 by Northernr

It's got to be that again. They've spent an absolute fortune on players and lost their Sky income.

That's what I was thinking, got rid of a few high earners but, as you say, they've replaced them and Mr Bruce won't have come cheap!

What's your take on who will blink first in our FFP stand off with the league, the longer it goes on, or doesn't, you start to think it will just be allowed to quietly disappear?

Cheers
Villa on 10:42 - Feb 28 with 2491 viewsTacticalR

According to the BBC the main cause of the loss is the drop in TV payment as a result of finishing lower in the league.

'According to a club statement, Villa's operating loss trebled from £26.6m in 2014-15, while turnover fell from £115.7m to £108.8m.

The drop in revenue is attributed to a smaller share of Premier League money.

Villa's average home league attendance in 2015-16 was 33,690, a fall of only 1.33 % on the previous campaign, when they averaged 34,133 at their 42,660-capacity Birmingham home.

But finishing bottom last season, compared to 17th the year before, that meant a smaller share of the pay-out from the Premier League's broadcasting agreements.'

Aston Villa: £81m loss recorded for 2015-16 Premier League relegation season
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39108015

Air hostess clique

Villa on 11:02 - Feb 28 with 2436 viewsbarbicanranger

As much as this has caused a little snigger about their plight and hopefully detracting people from ours, it just boils my blood further and makes me more angry at FFP. It's a crock of s4it - how is a club supposed to transition from the PL to Chp with that change in revenue, player contracts to honour, etc.. Define fair play in a financial perspective in football...

The FA would be better putting in tighter fit and proper tests, ensuring there is legislation that means owners cannot legally saddle clubs with debt as a result of their erratic splurges, instead of penalising clubs for bollox measures such as income and outgoings that are so wildly exposed and subject to which league you're in.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 11:03]
Villa on 11:14 - Feb 28 with 2395 viewsPinnerPaul

Villa on 11:02 - Feb 28 by barbicanranger

As much as this has caused a little snigger about their plight and hopefully detracting people from ours, it just boils my blood further and makes me more angry at FFP. It's a crock of s4it - how is a club supposed to transition from the PL to Chp with that change in revenue, player contracts to honour, etc.. Define fair play in a financial perspective in football...

The FA would be better putting in tighter fit and proper tests, ensuring there is legislation that means owners cannot legally saddle clubs with debt as a result of their erratic splurges, instead of penalising clubs for bollox measures such as income and outgoings that are so wildly exposed and subject to which league you're in.

I think FL realise this, which is why they haven't come after us through the courts.
Villa on 11:34 - Feb 28 with 2346 viewsTacticalR

Villa on 11:02 - Feb 28 by barbicanranger

FFP is a particular problem for teams that get promoted and relegated from the Premiership - unless you do a Burnley (which a lot of teams don't want to do) you are going to have to spend a lot of money signing players when you go up, and then you are going to take a lot of time (and lose money) getting rid of them when you go down. The parachute payments were a recognition of the problem, although whether they really solve the problem is another question.

Air hostess clique

Villa on 11:40 - Feb 28 with 2328 viewsbarbicanranger

Villa on 11:34 - Feb 28 by TacticalR

FFP is a particular problem for teams that get promoted and relegated from the Premiership - unless you do a Burnley (which a lot of teams don't want to do) you are going to have to spend a lot of money signing players when you go up, and then you are going to take a lot of time (and lose money) getting rid of them when you go down. The parachute payments were a recognition of the problem, although whether they really solve the problem is another question.

Very true and valid points.

But the disparity of money between PL and Chmp and saying that if you want to be a part of the best paying league in the country with our breaching FFP means you have to do a Burnley and not spend what you are entitled to spend whilst making the incomes that you do when in that league defies financial fair play IMO - the FA (or whoever let the EPL proliferate to this extent) essentially created financial unfair play.
Villa on 11:44 - Feb 28 with 2314 viewsElHoop

Tarquin and his mates had a meeting the other day and a reasonably well informed group seem to think that our FFP announcement is imminent:

http://fulhamsupporterstrust.com/news/2017/2/24/trust-february-meeting-with-fulh
Login to get fewer ads

Villa on 14:14 - Feb 28 with 2049 viewsTacticalR

Looks like you don't have to be any good at football to make money...

Wolves: Championship club report £5.8m pre-tax profit for 2015-16
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39115942

Air hostess clique

Villa on 14:16 - Feb 28 with 2044 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Villa on 10:01 - Feb 28 by Northernr

For me they seem to have got away Scott free (and I am not talking Hogan here) from any criticism. I actually heard a commentator the other day saying their problem was a lack of investment in the squad! Seriously!
Villa on 18:18 - Feb 28 with 1825 viewsTGRRRSSS

They've spent big this season, so assuming they don't go up this season (looks unlikely) next season will have I would imagine huge losses - wonder if they've get slaughtered like we did - oh know it's ok Aston Villa are a "big club"
[Post edited 1 Mar 2017 20:27]
Villa on 18:35 - Feb 28 with 1786 viewsthemodfather

they wont go up too soon either and money drops, they can rot like coventry
Villa on 19:24 - Feb 28 with 1725 viewsElHoop

You can't see the accounts anywhere but at 31.5.15 the players seem to have been valued at£30.79m in the accounts. If they bought and sold a few in 2015/16 and they've taken a £35m hit on players registration values then it looks as if they've written them off pretty much 100%, which might be fair enough of course. But they could always revalue them at some stage in the future at a higher figure, which would probably help them with FFP in the Championship.
Villa on 18:08 - Mar 7 with 1304 viewsTacticalR

Cardiff City: Bluebirds announce £9.469m loss for 2015-16
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39191557

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024