Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton vs Newcastle 13:56 - Feb 28 with 2152 viewstraininvain

Looking forward to the game tonight. Reminds me a bit of our rivalry with Cardiff the season we won the league.

Newcastle (like Cardiff) have the bigger names whereas Brighton are more of a team unit with the impressive Knockaert as their talisman or poor mans Taarabt if you like!

Fancy Brighton to get at least a point tonight.
Brighton vs Newcastle on 14:02 - Feb 28 with 2137 viewsNorthernr

Should be a belter. Strong fancy for Brighton.
Brighton vs Newcastle on 14:10 - Feb 28 with 2116 viewsTacticalR

Interesting that whichever of the two teams has gone top has then lost or drawn.

Some comedy defending by Newcastle against Bristol on Saturday.

Air hostess clique

Brighton vs Newcastle on 14:19 - Feb 28 with 2102 viewsWatford_Ranger

Would be hilarious if Newcastle ballsed it up with the superstar manager and best fans in the world so a Brighton win for me. Newcastle have Reading and Hudda away both soon so potential for them to be caught.
Brighton vs Newcastle on 14:25 - Feb 28 with 2087 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I fancy Brighton for this.
Newcastle showing all the signs of bottling it.
A Brighton supporter I know has said they have been very lucky this year but I think they are really starting to look strong candidates now. The last couple of results away at Barnsley and home to Reading were hard fought.
Brighton vs Newcastle on 14:41 - Feb 28 with 2050 viewsdaveB

Newcastle have Huddersfield away on Sunday so a great chance for them to bottle it bit with the squad they have then they should walk the league
Brighton vs Newcastle on 15:20 - Feb 28 with 1993 viewsbob566

brighton for me. Chris Houton is a great boss.
Brighton vs Newcastle on 17:00 - Feb 28 with 1897 viewsqueensparker

Would love Newcastle to bottle it, plus Brighton deserve a bit of time in the sun the way they've sorted themselves out the last few years.

Was reading a few Toon forums around the time we played them and was amazed how negative they were about their season, a good majority saying they've been cr*p and lucky all season, won't go up if they carry on like they are, and completely rely on Gayle for goals and any threat (which was born out by our game I suppose).

"Best fans in the world"
Brighton vs Newcastle on 17:25 - Feb 28 with 1857 viewsbob566

Brighton vs Newcastle on 17:00 - Feb 28 by queensparker

Would love Newcastle to bottle it, plus Brighton deserve a bit of time in the sun the way they've sorted themselves out the last few years.

Was reading a few Toon forums around the time we played them and was amazed how negative they were about their season, a good majority saying they've been cr*p and lucky all season, won't go up if they carry on like they are, and completely rely on Gayle for goals and any threat (which was born out by our game I suppose).

"Best fans in the world"

they don't sound any different to fans on any other forums. Sure the doom and gloom on here before we won the two against brum and wigan.

I haven't been watching them but maybe they have been pretty ordinary this season and their name and status has helped them with the way teams setup to play them.

During the Ferguson years at United the amount of teams that setup to contain them and try and eek out a nil nil must have played right into uniteds hands even when they had a couple of ordinary teams towards the end of his tenure.

I'd imagine it's the same with Newcastle in this league. Teams setup negatively against them to contain them instead of having a right go.
Login to get fewer ads

Brighton vs Newcastle on 17:46 - Feb 28 with 1843 viewsTacticalR

Wasn't everyone saying what an amazing team Newcastle were when they blew us out of the water at HQ?

Air hostess clique

Brighton vs Newcastle on 18:00 - Feb 28 with 1826 viewsdistortR

Brighton vs Newcastle on 17:46 - Feb 28 by TacticalR

Wasn't everyone saying what an amazing team Newcastle were when they blew us out of the water at HQ?

that game didn't happen mate.
Brighton vs Newcastle on 19:38 - Feb 28 with 1731 viewsBrightonhoop

You know when you hope both slip out of the Play Offs....THAT.
Brighton vs Newcastle on 19:58 - Feb 28 with 1704 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Naturally, naturally, naturally the heat says Brighton. But that's kind of ruined by the head reminding me that we need Newcastle out of this Division, and they don't look like getting relegated.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Brighton vs Newcastle on 20:00 - Feb 28 with 1694 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A variation on Rangers' Terry Venables free kick there.

Brighton vs Newcastle on 20:05 - Feb 28 with 1677 viewsRBlock

Have some of that you cock Shelvey. Brighton are looking smart here. Had a fiver on Murray 1st goal scorer as well
Brighton vs Newcastle on 20:14 - Feb 28 with 1656 viewsHantsR

Brighton vs Newcastle on 20:00 - Feb 28 by BrianMcCarthy

A variation on Rangers' Terry Venables free kick there.

They were quite effective for a while weren' they? Francis would stand in the wall, Venables would toe-lift the ball over the wall for Francis to turn and sometimes find himself with the ball in a lot of space in front of goal.
Brighton vs Newcastle on 20:17 - Feb 28 with 1649 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Brighton vs Newcastle on 20:14 - Feb 28 by HantsR

They were quite effective for a while weren' they? Francis would stand in the wall, Venables would toe-lift the ball over the wall for Francis to turn and sometimes find himself with the ball in a lot of space in front of goal.

The days before television analysis, I suppose.

Always makes me smile when I see somebody try it.

Brighton vs Newcastle on 21:08 - Feb 28 with 1558 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Blackburn beating Derby. Mowbray is gunna bloody keep them up

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Brighton vs Newcastle on 21:49 - Feb 28 with 1462 viewsDieByYourSide

Sickener of a finish for Brighton there. From top of the league and 9 points clear of Huddersfield with ten to go to second and possibly having the gap to third closed to 3!

Poll: And it's hi ho

Brighton vs Newcastle on 23:43 - Feb 28 with 1295 viewstraininvain

Brighton vs Newcastle on 21:49 - Feb 28 by DieByYourSide

Sickener of a finish for Brighton there. From top of the league and 9 points clear of Huddersfield with ten to go to second and possibly having the gap to third closed to 3!

And a recent history of going POP at the business end of the season.

Still all to play for with Newcastle having a much tougher run in on paper.

It'll be interesting to see how Brighton react.
Brighton vs Newcastle on 09:19 - Mar 1 with 1143 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought Newcastle were much better during their dominant spells than Brighton were during theirs. Clearly they have a lot of talent. Still not sure what gets Brighton so many results. Maybe their solidity and coaching, both of which are excellent.

Hope they go up, though.

Brighton vs Newcastle on 09:43 - Mar 1 with 1096 viewsNorthernr

Brighton vs Newcastle on 21:08 - Feb 28 by RANGERS4EVER

Blackburn beating Derby. Mowbray is gunna bloody keep them up

Just turning the gas up slightly on the annual Derby County meltdown.
Brighton vs Newcastle on 10:35 - Mar 1 with 1044 viewsterryb

Brighton vs Newcastle on 20:17 - Feb 28 by BrianMcCarthy

The days before television analysis, I suppose.

Always makes me smile when I see somebody try it.

I tried it the morning after seeing TV & Gerry score from it.

It worked! GOAL!!

Never came close to it working again though!

That free kick is the reason that Roller (a poster on here & Report) became a Rangers man!
Brighton vs Newcastle on 10:55 - Mar 1 with 1014 viewsPinnerPaul

As I lumped on Newcastle after they destroyed us, I'm more than happy with that result.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024