Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great win but... 17:19 - Mar 4 with 5682 viewsRancid

Our defence hasn't imporoved as much as we think.Sure, we've tightened up since Rodeo BobBradley was here but that's 18 in 9 games after today and under Clement.We've vastly improved in midfield with Tom Carroll and at LB with Olsson but we're still very shaky when it comes to 3 out of our defensive rearguard.I think we need upgrades on Fernandez, Naughton and some real competition for Fabianski,Good keeper but needs to be kept on his toes to perform consistently.

The rest of the park I think we're decent.But if we want to step up to that next level then we need to make improvements or bring in stiff competition for the 3 mentioned.

Fantastic win, great atmospher and a bit of breathing space between us and the bottom 3 now.

In Clement we Trust!!
Great win but... on 17:21 - Mar 4 with 4673 viewsperchrockjack

Brave post rancid.

Fab Fernadez naughton are players we can upgrade on.

No question

Still, lets still up first then bitch amongst ourselves

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Great win but... on 17:24 - Mar 4 with 4654 viewsoldcob

Great win but... on 17:21 - Mar 4 by perchrockjack

Brave post rancid.

No question

I think Fede is playing okay at the moment. I agree about Naughton though. Seems to have pulled a hammy late on, so who would you play there next week? Rangel or Cork. I wonder if they've been training with three at the back. Might be an option.
Great win but... on 17:26 - Mar 4 with 4620 viewsperchrockjack

Ok is ok but not the best

Great win but... on 17:27 - Mar 4 with 4611 viewsRancid

Great win but... on 17:21 - Mar 4 by perchrockjack

Brave post rancid.

No question

I hope so Perch.I'm sure Clement knows what's needed and we can do better.He done it at LB with Taylor quite promptly so he can sniff out a blagger when he sees one so hopefully he'll target these positions.

If he doesn't improve on Naughton then Taylor should be still here and captain.
Great win but... on 17:28 - Mar 4 with 4595 viewsBloodyhills

Thought Naughton was pretty weak and to concede so easily from one of their very few chances was disappointing.

Over all though great team performance.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Great win but... on 17:28 - Mar 4 with 4582 viewsperchrockjack

Taylor ...

Dear God

I've just lost my erection

Great win but... on 17:30 - Mar 4 with 4572 viewsPozuelosSideys

Its not just the defence though, which has improved a lot tbf. Our overall play as a team is far better. We dominated that game today apart from a hopeless ref decision and one moment where we switched off.

That wouldve been about 5-0 on another day

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Great win but... on 17:31 - Mar 4 with 4548 viewsBloodyhills

Yep. Hit the woodwork three times and at least two cleared off the line. Another day and would have tanked them.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Login to get fewer ads

Great win but... on 17:35 - Mar 4 with 4504 viewsunion_jack

Great win but... on 17:31 - Mar 4 by Bloodyhills

Yep. Hit the woodwork three times and at least two cleared off the line. Another day and would have tanked them.

I've a feeling we may have done if it wasn't for THAT decision.

3-0 was on the cards I reckon.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Great win but... on 17:35 - Mar 4 with 4497 viewsoldcob

Great win but... on 17:31 - Mar 4 by Bloodyhills

Its going to come soon. A day when we get all the breaks and we will give someone a tanking. Might even get a decent ref one day too.
Great win but... on 17:44 - Mar 4 with 4449 viewsRancid

I don't think it's improved a lot to be honest.Other players tracking back, Jack Cork upping his game, Claude Makalele marshalling us has made us an all round harder working side and keeping our shape at the same time at the back.Still room for improvement though back there I think.

And I'm not putting a dampener on today, huge result for us in staying up and the one thing we've improved on with bells on under Clement is discipline and keeping our shape.
Great win but... on 17:44 - Mar 4 with 4449 viewsOldjack

not loosing games 3-4 nil says differently there's been a marked improvement since dull hole Bob got the boot

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Great win but... on 17:44 - Mar 4 with 4448 viewsdailew

We've had a tough fixture list and some bad decisions go against us though.

Played Chelsea, Pool, Citeh, all away and Arsenal.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Great win but... on 17:44 - Mar 4 with 4447 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

I think it's improved markedly.

I know we've shipped a number under Clement, but we've played Arsenal (4), Chelsea (3) , Liverpool (2) and Man City(2) in his time here. Compare that with the standard of teams under Bob where we were conceded 3-4 a game to Boro, Palace, Bournemouth etc.

I think we've definitely looked better as a whole. Let's not forget we only conceded 1 today as the other goal was fictional, it should be erased from the records; it had nothing to do with our defensive abilities.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Great win but... on 17:51 - Mar 4 with 4380 viewsperchrockjack

It's odd Leicester are miles better without ranieri.

Maybe not

Great win but... on 17:52 - Mar 4 with 4359 viewsSwan91

Great win but... on 17:44 - Mar 4 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I know we've shipped a number under Clement, but we've played Arsenal (4), Chelsea (3) , Liverpool (2) and Man City(2) in his time here. Compare that with the standard of teams under Bob where we were conceded 3-4 a game to Boro, Palace, Bournemouth etc.

I think we've definitely looked better as a whole. Let's not forget we only conceded 1 today as the other goal was fictional, it should be erased from the records; it had nothing to do with our defensive abilities.

Also a goal today that should not have been a goal (penalty)
Great win but... on 17:54 - Mar 4 with 4346 viewsGriffting

They had one chance and a ridiculous pen.

Literally was it.

Fair play to Grey he took the chance well.
Great win but... on 17:55 - Mar 4 with 4325 viewsJackanapes

Great win but... on 17:52 - Mar 4 by Swan91

Also a goal today that should not have been a goal (penalty)

Did you even read his post?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Great win but... on 17:56 - Mar 4 with 4307 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Even if he was offside from the initial kick got behind defenders then back on side for the flick on

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Great win but... on 17:58 - Mar 4 with 4293 viewsPozuelosSideys

Great win but... on 17:55 - Mar 4 by Jackanapes

Did you even read his post?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Great win but... on 17:59 - Mar 4 with 4269 viewsperchrockjack

He did probably

He might be too happy to post properly

Great win but... on 18:01 - Mar 4 with 4260 viewsBournedore

Great win but... on 17:44 - Mar 4 by Oldjack

not loosing games 3-4 nil says differently there's been a marked improvement since dull hole Bob got the boot

This. The defence has improved massively. It's still not amazing but it's a huge improvement. That stint under BB effectively cost us an additional point in the hammering our goal difference took.
Great win but... on 18:10 - Mar 4 with 4182 viewsPrivate_Partz

Great win but... on 17:44 - Mar 4 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I agree. Today we did a fine job defensively. Burnley 's goal was decent but apart from the ref Cock up we would have been home and dry.
Always room for improvement in the future but at the moment we are building a platform for survival and, under our excellent coach, we look like we might just achieve it.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Great win but... on 18:12 - Mar 4 with 4172 viewsSgorioFruit

Naughton usually pisses me off but last few games has started to do his job more effectively

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Great win but... on 18:58 - Mar 4 with 4013 viewsRancid

18 in 9 games is poor by anyones standards but still an improvement from when Bradley was here I'm aware.And as someones just said, FOTP maybe, we've faced some really good top 5 clubs in all but 4 of those games so a few whoopings were inevitable.And the other 4 games we've played apart from Bournemouth we've won, including at Anfield and just 2 at Citeh.

So yes, there has been an improvement no question but if we want to keep moving then we need to sign a couple of new defenders when we can and evolve or we'll be forever a club battling relegation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024