Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, long shot, can we go up next season? 23:51 - Mar 8 with 11678 viewsBrightonhoop

Can we? With this squad?

Do we want to?

Would love to see Ollie do so. Not sure we could achieve four or five seasons there, and not sure we should aspire to.

Foot ball is too weird for words these days. If we did, for one season, and gave the grimness of all grim games to the scum one more time that would do me. If we got relegated again no problem. Just to stick it up the scum again win or lose. Just to see the melts crumble again.

Over to you.
So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 00:06 - Mar 9 with 6184 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Yeah why not.

I want to see a QPR away day in Europe before I die, and I think we'll finish sixth before we win a cup.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2017 0:21]
So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 00:08 - Mar 9 with 6183 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I think I'm the only fan still worried about going down. I know it's unlikely, but I'm still looking over my shoulder. So not going to comment until end of season

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 01:53 - Mar 9 with 6134 viewskensalriser

No.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 02:28 - Mar 9 with 6106 viewsBoston

Unlikely.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 06:46 - Mar 9 with 6006 viewssmegma

How longs a piece of string??

Daft question.
So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 07:04 - Mar 9 with 5977 viewsdanehoop

Wibble

Never knowingly understood

So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 08:10 - Mar 9 with 5876 viewseasthertsr

Promotions are all about momentum, start well and then maintain it. Who picked Huddersfield to do well at the start of the season? There is usually a team involved who come from nowhere the season before. What gives me cause to be optimistic about us is the number of options we have for the front six. Not saying we are going up but honestly think we will have a much better season next time.
So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 08:28 - Mar 9 with 5840 viewspaulparker

il be in a minority of one but I don't want to go up, yes I think we will do well next year
but what's the point apart from the obscene money you get
if we went up you know TF would go all silly again, you know we would do away with the good work Les and the rest of the team have done
the ground will be packed with tourists, you would have fans buying season tickets just to make a profit , plastic mancs, plastic gooners all in the home ends
we would also be ripped a new one every week , it would be the worst thing ever to happen to us
id take another 2 or 3 years at championship level enjoying the players we have , its taken me nearly 2 years to start caring about the players and club again I don't want to spoil it by going up id just take watching us being competitive and getting the atmosphere going at HQ before anything
if I were to be greedy then id love us to concentrate on the cups imagine winning the league cup or fa cup , im like Bazza im over 40 now and time is running out I want to see us play in Europe , I want to see 2-3 k QPR fans take over some foreign town even if we got knocked out in the first stages it wouldn't matter

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 08:32 - Mar 9 with 5829 viewsaston_hoop

Like Bazza, its the QPR away day in Europe that I would love to ultimately see. And when you think about it, in recent years the likes of Birmingham City, Wigan and Fulham have all made it to Europe so I always live in hope. But as for going up next season, who can predict at this stage? To be honest, my view from this season is that I'd be happy to take further progress and integration of younger players with a view to eventually being a sustainable club similar to Burnley...but LETS HAVE A BLOODY CUP RUN NEXT SEASON!!!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 08:35 - Mar 9 with 5825 viewschris1969

So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 08:28 - Mar 9 by paulparker

il be in a minority of one but I don't want to go up, yes I think we will do well next year
but what's the point apart from the obscene money you get
if we went up you know TF would go all silly again, you know we would do away with the good work Les and the rest of the team have done
the ground will be packed with tourists, you would have fans buying season tickets just to make a profit , plastic mancs, plastic gooners all in the home ends
we would also be ripped a new one every week , it would be the worst thing ever to happen to us
id take another 2 or 3 years at championship level enjoying the players we have , its taken me nearly 2 years to start caring about the players and club again I don't want to spoil it by going up id just take watching us being competitive and getting the atmosphere going at HQ before anything
if I were to be greedy then id love us to concentrate on the cups imagine winning the league cup or fa cup , im like Bazza im over 40 now and time is running out I want to see us play in Europe , I want to see 2-3 k QPR fans take over some foreign town even if we got knocked out in the first stages it wouldn't matter

Bucket list No.23 - Go to a QPR away match in Europe (Ibiza pre season as close as im gonna get)
So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 08:51 - Mar 9 with 5770 viewsToast_R

Just follow the Fulham mould. Had 2 really crap seasons getting their sh*t in order and now look like on of the best footballing sides in the division. I still think they will make the playoffs this season but if not, they look at decent prospect for automatic next season. I see QPR about a year to 18 months behind them. Next season I would like to see us challenge the top 6. If we got in the play offs then of course you want to go up just as long as Lee Hoos and Les are allowed to continue their sensible work. I also think with a manager like Holloway, he'll understand and be against spending ridiculous amounts of money on wages. Bank the money and build the club.

Realistically - top 10 finish next season will be a good improvement and then see what happens is 2018/19. Small steps this time please.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2017 8:53]
So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 08:53 - Mar 9 with 5765 views2Thomas2Bowles

I think we are short of Derry and Austin types to have much chance of going up.

Top 10 would do for next season and keep building.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 08:54 - Mar 9 with 5757 viewsTrom

Would love to see us go up and just pocket the cash. So if we did - no big names of silly wages and just use the cash to fund the infrastructure of the club. I guess you could call it the Burnley model.

Also I'd rather see the players that won promotion give it a shot in the big league than a bunch of new players on high wages that no one feels an affinity to.

Be nice to have a season where we are in challenging for the playoffs - I'll definitely accept that next season. Reality is I'm looking forward to next season now the football is less torturous..
So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 08:57 - Mar 9 with 5753 viewsIrishR

So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 08:35 - Mar 9 by chris1969

Bucket list No.23 - Go to a QPR away match in Europe (Ibiza pre season as close as im gonna get)

Its amazing what a few weeks and a few wins can do for a fans expectations. Most of the season has looked pretty grim but seems we are turning a corner and have good camaraderie which is the main thing. Never say never in football as we saw with Leicester but the wheel is always turning and we could easily go on another bad run.

Wolves/Brum fans must really be questioning whats going on abit like we were up to recently.
So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 09:47 - Mar 9 with 5663 viewsCanadaRanger

Ollie might sneak us into 6th and nick a playoff spot.
Likely would get k.o.'d by a higher and more expensive team...
But that would be progress.
So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 09:49 - Mar 9 with 5652 viewsderbyhoop

We seem to be working towards a squad that is happy with itself, improving, well balanced and flexible. I suspect we are a bit short in a few areas to go up, but we could threaten the play offs. A lot will depend on what we do over the summer.
Henry will go. I can't see Gladwin or Doughty being kept either. I think Perch and Mackie will be offered new deals - as squad players.
I think we are short of cover at CB, especially as we cannot rely on Caulker (for all sorts of reasons). Onouha, Lynch and Hall are not going to be available week in, week out.
We've been playing Hall as a defensive midfielder, which is far from ideal. Especially, when you consider the previous comment.
I'm not convinced 3 out and out strikers is enough, unless one of them stays fit all season and contributes 15 goals or more.

So I'd want to see another CB, defensive midfielder and another striker. If they can be identified and signed for a reasonable fee. Remember we will be in the last year of parachute payments.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 09:55 - Mar 9 with 5630 viewsdaveB

I think we'll be top half next season, possibly challenging for the playoffs but I can't see us going up
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:10 - Mar 9 with 5601 viewsDorse

[Post edited 9 Mar 2017 10:10]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 10:18 - Mar 9 with 5570 viewsLblock

Dark horses.........

I'd take us going up and losing every game bar 2
Pocket the cash then Bungle can do one
Smithers makes the England squad showing Joe Hart he should stick to shampoo ads
Obscene money bagged for 4 years and we can focus on yo yo building and infrastructure with debt serviced and Bungle paid off

As for Europe I'm with everyone and it's my last QPR ambition left.
A small Norwegian fishing village would do as well as Milan Square, anywhere as long as it's a fully fledged Euro game.
Sadly I cannot see it happening

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 10:40 - Mar 9 with 5538 viewsPunteR

I think we can push for the playoff. Anything can happen in this league.
Personally not to fussed about travelling around Europe with QPR but would like a good cup run at some point. Becoming top London club again would be on my list of things I'd like to see before I die.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 10:45 - Mar 9 with 5522 viewsLongsufferingR

Teams coming down this season won't necessarily have the massive advantage Villa and Newcastle had, so could be a very open league next year. I'm sure one or two more players will arrive in the summer and judging by the acquisitions Olly has made so far, I see no reason why they wouldn't improve the team further.

One very important point for me is that we now have two strikers who score regularly. First time that's been the case for years.
So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 10:48 - Mar 9 with 5513 viewsdavman

The "target" should be to improve on wherever we finish this season and that should be the same season on season. If we pull that off, we will get promoted eventually.

We now compete in each game, which is an improvement from Newcastle, Brighton and others earlier this season, but we are yet to dominate a game from start to finish. This means that most games can actually go either way, so it'd be a toss of a coin over a season where we'll end up.

Also, next season, there may be loads of teams on the up - Villa and Norwich won't be this bad again, Fulham are looking good, Leeds and Huddersfield, if not this season will push on, Cardiff under Mr Warnock may well move forward, Sheff Weds have performed consistently over the year. And then there are the promoted and relegated teams - who knows what state Sheffield United will be in when they get back to the Championship? Certainly used to winning, which is a good habit. Sunderland have been coming this way for years and could well do a Newcastle *or maybe a Villa?). Hull and Middlesbrough probably won't change much and will be strong. Then there are always unexpected teams pushing on on top of the ELEVEN potential contenders I have posted here.

It will not get any easier...

So, let's not set expectations too high; continual improvement is what we need to look for...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 10:53 - Mar 9 with 5490 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Now we are safe(ish) Olly has a unique opportunity to pretty much put the next five months into preparation for 2017/18.

As fans, I hope we don't put too much pressure on him during this interim period and take results with a pinch of salt and get behind everyone even when his selections seem strange.
So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 10:55 - Mar 9 with 5486 viewsNorthernr

So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 10:48 - Mar 9 by davman

The "target" should be to improve on wherever we finish this season and that should be the same season on season. If we pull that off, we will get promoted eventually.

We now compete in each game, which is an improvement from Newcastle, Brighton and others earlier this season, but we are yet to dominate a game from start to finish. This means that most games can actually go either way, so it'd be a toss of a coin over a season where we'll end up.

Also, next season, there may be loads of teams on the up - Villa and Norwich won't be this bad again, Fulham are looking good, Leeds and Huddersfield, if not this season will push on, Cardiff under Mr Warnock may well move forward, Sheff Weds have performed consistently over the year. And then there are the promoted and relegated teams - who knows what state Sheffield United will be in when they get back to the Championship? Certainly used to winning, which is a good habit. Sunderland have been coming this way for years and could well do a Newcastle *or maybe a Villa?). Hull and Middlesbrough probably won't change much and will be strong. Then there are always unexpected teams pushing on on top of the ELEVEN potential contenders I have posted here.

It will not get any easier...

So, let's not set expectations too high; continual improvement is what we need to look for...

Disagree that it won't be easier next season. I thought this season was the toughest looking Championship in years - assuming we lose Newcastle, Brighton and one of Sheff Wed or Leeds going up, and get Sunderland, Hull and probably Boro that's weaker straight away. Losing Bristol City and getting Fleetwood likewise. And I still, as this season, don't see why Villa are suddenly going to get going. The chairman's a fcking idiot. Birmingham are weaker than they were at the start of the season, Wolves likewise, Norwich likewise, Huddersfield will lose Mooy, Brown and Palmer. Cardiff I'll give you but lots of other teams are either leaving or getting worse.
So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 11:01 - Mar 9 with 5461 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So, long shot, can we go up next season? on 10:55 - Mar 9 by Northernr

Disagree that it won't be easier next season. I thought this season was the toughest looking Championship in years - assuming we lose Newcastle, Brighton and one of Sheff Wed or Leeds going up, and get Sunderland, Hull and probably Boro that's weaker straight away. Losing Bristol City and getting Fleetwood likewise. And I still, as this season, don't see why Villa are suddenly going to get going. The chairman's a fcking idiot. Birmingham are weaker than they were at the start of the season, Wolves likewise, Norwich likewise, Huddersfield will lose Mooy, Brown and Palmer. Cardiff I'll give you but lots of other teams are either leaving or getting worse.

Because of the ridiculous way English football is financed every team that comes down will be financially stronger than the three teams the year before.

Just found out that football league sides don't get any prize money unless they are promoted.

Trickle down economics doesn't work in football either it seems.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024