Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good News On Warren Farm 15:24 - Mar 9 with 10803 viewsBrianMcCarthy

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/qpr-warren-farm-ealing-council-3616861

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Good News On Warren Farm on 15:40 - Mar 9 with 7171 viewsDWQPR

Whatever misgivings that some supporters have about the owners, the fact that they have stuck with pursuing Warren Farm despite the annoying fûckeroonery of the few that think they represent the masses which has no doubt cost TF et al quite a few quid, does show that their intentions are in the right place. Hopefully things can progress sooner rather than later now. Meanwhile on the nimby's twitter account there is no mention of their defeat.

https://mobile.twitter.com/savewarrenfarm

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Good News On Warren Farm on 15:46 - Mar 9 with 7171 viewsrobith

I usually enjoy a local action group but

mfw

Good News On Warren Farm on 15:48 - Mar 9 with 7157 viewslondonscottish

More good news from the club.

It's been one of the better weeks.....:-)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Good News On Warren Farm on 15:50 - Mar 9 with 7148 viewscaliforniahoop

Lots of fans continually casted aspersions against the board, I hope they are big enough to admit they where wrong?
Good News On Warren Farm on 15:51 - Mar 9 with 7137 viewsNorthernr

I'd make it a fcking monstrosity now, get some of Del Boy's luminous paint that glows in the dark.
Good News On Warren Farm on 15:58 - Mar 9 with 7084 viewspaulparker

Good News On Warren Farm on 15:50 - Mar 9 by californiahoop

Lots of fans continually casted aspersions against the board, I hope they are big enough to admit they where wrong?

il do that once its built ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Good News On Warren Farm on 16:03 - Mar 9 with 7053 viewsJeff

I'll hold my breath until the first spade is in the ground, however i'm reasonably confident that Hoo's has a spade, couldn't say that for any of the predecessors!

Can we not knock it?

Good News On Warren Farm on 16:12 - Mar 9 with 7003 viewsLongsufferingR

Good News On Warren Farm on 15:51 - Mar 9 by Northernr

I'd make it a fcking monstrosity now, get some of Del Boy's luminous paint that glows in the dark.

Maybe they could conveniently forget to hook the toilet pipes up to the main sewer.
Login to get fewer ads

Good News On Warren Farm on 16:18 - Mar 9 with 6966 viewsToast_R

There will always be a new angle for SWF to try next.

I see AFC's new ground is on hold for the moment whilst the obligatorily protest group await their application for the existing decrepit old stadium to be listed by English heritage and thus preventing it's misery ending demolition. It has already been turned down once.
Good News On Warren Farm on 16:20 - Mar 9 with 6947 viewsNorthernr

Dave Mc says...

With this decision having gone in QPR’s favour, the next hurdle is an application for a footpath through the Warren Farm site.

That too much be rejected in order for Rangers to proceed. A verdict on that application is not expected for another three to six months.
Good News On Warren Farm on 16:22 - Mar 9 with 6938 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Or source the water supply from 'Peckham Springs'
Good News On Warren Farm on 16:24 - Mar 9 with 6905 viewsPhildo

....and run the whole thing off a couple of enormous diesel generators. Mufflers removed.
Good News On Warren Farm on 16:28 - Mar 9 with 6867 viewsLblock

"still a long way to go".... mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Thumbs up and well done for sense prevailing to all.
Also, agree kudos to sticking with it IF the club does.

The day the first football is kicked at the new facility is the day I will bow at the feet of Bungle and take a large slice of humble pie and a fair few of my criticisms back.
We'll see

Footnote.... I've driven past a place literally across the road from WF every weekend for the last 3 and a half months taking my dog for a walk. Place is called, I believe, The Conquest Club. It's a sports ground which had an area of copse land for the whole of my 47 years as far as I know. They've been developing this bit of land across that time and just recently the copse has been annihilated - trees gone the lot.
Similarly, in Osterley Park masses of century old trees have been felled to make way for a cycle track for the lycra loonies.
This is all on SWF's doorstep. Have they been up in arms? Nope. Not too sure the Bentford supporting Chairman of SWF is really that bothered about flowers, fauna or woolly mamoths after all. (unt!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Good News On Warren Farm on 16:31 - Mar 9 with 6855 viewslondonscottish

Or maybe spray all the grass on the remaining common blue and white.

So you can see it from the air.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Good News On Warren Farm on 16:31 - Mar 9 with 6852 viewsNorthernr

Good News On Warren Farm on 16:28 - Mar 9 by Lblock

"still a long way to go".... mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Thumbs up and well done for sense prevailing to all.
Also, agree kudos to sticking with it IF the club does.

The day the first football is kicked at the new facility is the day I will bow at the feet of Bungle and take a large slice of humble pie and a fair few of my criticisms back.
We'll see

Footnote.... I've driven past a place literally across the road from WF every weekend for the last 3 and a half months taking my dog for a walk. Place is called, I believe, The Conquest Club. It's a sports ground which had an area of copse land for the whole of my 47 years as far as I know. They've been developing this bit of land across that time and just recently the copse has been annihilated - trees gone the lot.
Similarly, in Osterley Park masses of century old trees have been felled to make way for a cycle track for the lycra loonies.
This is all on SWF's doorstep. Have they been up in arms? Nope. Not too sure the Bentford supporting Chairman of SWF is really that bothered about flowers, fauna or woolly mamoths after all. (unt!

This. Occasionally when he's had too many glasses of red with dinner he let's loose the Brentford bias on that account.
Good News On Warren Farm on 16:34 - Mar 9 with 6840 viewshopphoops

Good News On Warren Farm on 15:40 - Mar 9 by DWQPR

Whatever misgivings that some supporters have about the owners, the fact that they have stuck with pursuing Warren Farm despite the annoying fûckeroonery of the few that think they represent the masses which has no doubt cost TF et al quite a few quid, does show that their intentions are in the right place. Hopefully things can progress sooner rather than later now. Meanwhile on the nimby's twitter account there is no mention of their defeat.

https://mobile.twitter.com/savewarrenfarm

They're probably out

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Good News On Warren Farm on 16:36 - Mar 9 with 6823 viewshopphoops

Good News On Warren Farm on 15:46 - Mar 9 by robith

I usually enjoy a local action group but

mfw

Go to Warren Farm and imagine it as a nice place, if you can. Or a football academy :)

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Good News On Warren Farm on 16:51 - Mar 9 with 6742 viewsderbyhoop

I hope that is the end of the legal challenges. I've asked that question for next week's Fans Forum. And also asked about the timetable from now on.

FAO SaveWarrenFarm - it's over, work with QPR to get the community facilities you claim to want.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Good News On Warren Farm on 17:05 - Mar 9 with 6659 viewsDWQPR

Good News On Warren Farm on 16:20 - Mar 9 by Northernr

Dave Mc says...

With this decision having gone in QPR’s favour, the next hurdle is an application for a footpath through the Warren Farm site.

That too much be rejected in order for Rangers to proceed. A verdict on that application is not expected for another three to six months.

Hopefully the judiciary will see straight through this as nothing more than continued mischief making and a flagrant waste of taxpayers time and money and shift the legal bill for both sides firmly on the doorstep of these miserable bar stewards.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Good News On Warren Farm (n/t) on 18:48 - Mar 9 with 6402 viewsHanwellianhoop

Dave Mc says...

Good News On Warren Farm on 19:14 - Mar 9 with 6331 viewsHanwellianhoop

Dave Mc says...

As far as I'm aware the nimbys have already tried the footpath stunt and it was knocked back ,apparently one of their number saw an old map from the 1890s showing a footpath from the canal to the farmhouse where the the existing delapidated changing rooms are , needless to say when the sports centre was developed in the early sixties and pitches laid out the footpath disapeared . I've lived in Hanwell for 35 years and the only way in to Warren Farm apart from the main entrance in Windmill Lane And a service gate by the canal was ahole in the 12 foot high chain link fence by Trumpers Way , the dog walkers know this . It's now time to get on with the training ground .SWF only speak for a minority , most people want the community facilities that Rangers will bring.

facilitirs https://www.facebook.com/dialog/share?app_id=180444840287&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww Rangers will bring.
Good News On Warren Farm on 20:12 - Mar 9 with 6192 viewspadstow

Dave Mc says...

Blimey. How many footpaths are there? I thought the council rejected one last year?

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/qpr-warren-farm-training-ground-318520
Good News On Warren Farm on 10:17 - Mar 10 with 5873 viewsPinnerPaul

Indeed and slap on a 24 hour Tesco/petrol station for good measure!
Good News On Warren Farm on 11:32 - Mar 10 with 5808 viewsTonto

Now now folks - lets not be sore winners... lets make the area fantastic both in terms of look and feel. That's the way to stuff it down their throats... not by proving them right!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Good News On Warren Farm on 11:39 - Mar 10 with 5781 viewsbarbicanranger

This does seem to be edging slowly in the right direction. Shows you how difficult it can be to progress as a smaller, London based club, there are way smaller clubs out in the provinces with better facilities than us. It will certainly be worth the wait and effort when it eventually comes to fruition.

Meanwhile I saw a few weeks back that Chelsea's elaborate new stadium had received planning approval, seems a lot easier to get stuff done for the bigger london clubs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024