Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum 01:52 - Mar 17 with 3910 viewsFredManRave

Anything of any interest?! Any truth to the Stan testimonial rumours? Anything at all?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Fans Forum on 17:57 - Mar 17 with 1132 viewscaliforniahoop

Fans Forum on 13:41 - Mar 17 by Northernr

It shouldn't need explaining, you should just be able to open your eyes and see with them. Average age of the squad is down, wage bill has been cut by half, agents fees reduced to a mnimum from a point where we paid more than anybody else, academy has been properly staffed, two youth team players are now first team regulars after 10 years without one, the scouting set up is properly staffed with two more hires this week, players are now being sold at a profit as opposed to being given away, paid off or sitting out their deals. When was the last time we had a player melting down on social media? That used to be a weekly thing when That Cnt Barton (I'm experimenting with LBlock style nicknames now) and co were here, Les wrote the code of conduct and apart from Caulker (who we'll get rid of shortly) the behaviour of the squad has improved immeasurably.

Was I the only one awake when Hughes, Joorabchian and Fernandes spaffed £150m up the wall building the most loathsome bunch of cnts I've ever seen in Hoops? Was I the only one awake when 'Arry turned up and did exactly the same? Everybody said "we need a football man, preferably a QPR man, between the manager and the board to stop managers and Fernandes doing this' and they were right. And now it's happened. And everything is quite clearly and obviously getting better.

And yet still Mrs Fcking Plank from the Facepaint wall wants an explanation of Les Ferdinand's role.

I honestly think we should be a lot stricter about allowing these people out of the house by themselves.

Well let's hope it's the last time, Ollie has firmly put those mugs to rest!
Fans Forum on 17:58 - Mar 17 with 1126 viewscaliforniahoop

Fans Forum on 16:16 - Mar 17 by TW_R

Other than that, what has Les ever done for us! :-)

😂😂😂😂
Fans Forum on 18:13 - Mar 17 with 1096 viewsFredManRave

There's a very detailed review of last nights fan forum on another forum that's a very good, informative read. I particularly enjoyed this little snippet;

Q: It’s quite common for fans to be hit by the ball in the warm up, can this be addressed?

IH - That is my fault, I do the shooting practice!

*MORE LAUGHTER*

LH - Next season that will be eliminated. We will have nets in front of where players warm up, we already have the footings in place.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Fans Forum on 18:33 - Mar 17 with 1069 viewshoof_hearted

Fans Forum on 09:49 - Mar 17 by Northernr

Yeh it was more of 'an audience with Ian Holloway' than a forum. I thought Hoos swatting away questions about finances with "feel free to buy the club and do a better job" was unhelpful and unnecessary.

Full report up this PM.

Always suspicious of the motives for things like this. If he's just getting bits of paper then why do it?

One thing it isn't is the action of someone only trying to do the best for our club. Another confirmation that we are customers to a business that like to kid ourselves we are part of a club. Sometimes these things only seem to be nasty when the team is on a losing streak but it's got a hint of things to come, I fear.

All of which has made me take a look at the accounts for 31/5/16 for the first time. Here is a bit of realistic add on to the rosy picture painted elsewhere:-

1. Hoos is quite right that nobody would lend money at a cheaper rate of interest than Ruben. We were in massive trouble last year and lost another £11m. That is not good - it is less bad but it still makes us in a worse position that last year on the assumption that the written off loans were never going to be repaid ahead of a bank anyway. He's doing us a favour but not a very generous one until the day the loan and interest is converted into shares. Still, a bank would charge more and have their people crawling all over everything and generally being tw@ts, like they do.

2. The £34 million loan is repayable by 31 May 2021 at the very latest (shown as repayable between 1 and 5 years so 1 June 2017 possibly - I don't want to panic). BUT hang on - the interest has been added to the loan not converted to shares yet. Hope that actually happens but there is no mention of it being compulsory.

3. We are in an absolute financial mess supported by the generosity (at the moment) of a Malaysian businessman with no affinity for the club beyond hobby (at best) or ill-advised money making scheme (don't tell him).

Am I Ingham in disguise? No. Just another fan that's seen it all before and knows a bit about business.
Fans Forum on 18:48 - Mar 17 with 1047 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fans Forum on 18:33 - Mar 17 by hoof_hearted

Always suspicious of the motives for things like this. If he's just getting bits of paper then why do it?

One thing it isn't is the action of someone only trying to do the best for our club. Another confirmation that we are customers to a business that like to kid ourselves we are part of a club. Sometimes these things only seem to be nasty when the team is on a losing streak but it's got a hint of things to come, I fear.

All of which has made me take a look at the accounts for 31/5/16 for the first time. Here is a bit of realistic add on to the rosy picture painted elsewhere:-

1. Hoos is quite right that nobody would lend money at a cheaper rate of interest than Ruben. We were in massive trouble last year and lost another £11m. That is not good - it is less bad but it still makes us in a worse position that last year on the assumption that the written off loans were never going to be repaid ahead of a bank anyway. He's doing us a favour but not a very generous one until the day the loan and interest is converted into shares. Still, a bank would charge more and have their people crawling all over everything and generally being tw@ts, like they do.

2. The £34 million loan is repayable by 31 May 2021 at the very latest (shown as repayable between 1 and 5 years so 1 June 2017 possibly - I don't want to panic). BUT hang on - the interest has been added to the loan not converted to shares yet. Hope that actually happens but there is no mention of it being compulsory.

3. We are in an absolute financial mess supported by the generosity (at the moment) of a Malaysian businessman with no affinity for the club beyond hobby (at best) or ill-advised money making scheme (don't tell him).

Am I Ingham in disguise? No. Just another fan that's seen it all before and knows a bit about business.

This.

Venture capitalists (well intentioned or not) shouldn't be heading up football clubs. They are community assets like parks or swimming pools.
Fans Forum on 19:39 - Mar 17 with 988 viewsmarkrtid

Fans Forum on 08:10 - Mar 17 by Dorse

Form the Offish: 'The water pressure in the Ellerslie Road toilets was thought to be be fixed though it now appears that it may be too high after Mrs Edna Scoggis, 83, a life-long R's fan was blasted onto the ceiling during halftime against Barnsley. Eyewitnesses claimed it was like a fire hose and whilst Mrs Scoggis was said to be 'pleased' with the resultant cleanliness, it is still felt to represent a health and safety issue. Mr Hoos apologised on behalf of the club and has promised to give the £250 he got from 'You've Been Framed' for the CCTV images to a charity of her choice'.

Bloody good post sir!

We need more of this.
Fans Forum on 20:38 - Mar 17 with 901 viewssmegma

Fans Forum on 10:38 - Mar 17 by rsonist

Relief to hear that Hoos is human after all, to be honest.

And a decent one as well as he shelled out £1,500 getting QPR fans drunk in Holland preseason. He was muntered as well and had a long chat with his wife on the blower while everyone was singing Rangers songs around him.
Fans Forum on 11:02 - Mar 29 with 496 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I thought it was interesting that Lee Hoos was "scratching his head" about the drop in replica kit sales. I know that choice of sponsor was a factor for me not buying. I'm not really a big fan of gambling websites.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum on 16:42 - Mar 29 with 375 viewsMedwayR

Fans Forum on 11:02 - Mar 29 by CliveWilsonSaid

I thought it was interesting that Lee Hoos was "scratching his head" about the drop in replica kit sales. I know that choice of sponsor was a factor for me not buying. I'm not really a big fan of gambling websites.

I wondered about the ratio of adults to kids with shirt purchases and whether it was down to children being keen to wear Nike but not Dryworld.

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024