Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Wright INterview yesterday 13:18 - Mar 20 with 3195 viewsTGRRRSSS

In Sunday Times Business section he was the interviewee.

Apparently worth 70mill - in downtime goes to Wasps and Man City.

QPR gets some mention - like the money he claimed to lose ( no mention of Acton etc)

Apparently he asked about going but the club weren't overly responsive - maybe he wanted C Club or something, sure he could get a ticket in Ellerslie somewhere - or behind the goal - where he didn't buy that land...
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 13:34]
Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 14:05 - Mar 20 with 3082 viewsDWQPR

Nothing will ever convince me that he made a loss out of QPR and Wasps, in fact the complete opposite. Screwed us into the ground and tried to make out that he was taking a 50% haircut on the debt to get us out of administration. He bolloxed the whole thing up in the first place, first with the flotation and then allowing Houston to spend on players we didn't need. At least TF and Co have accepted their mistakes and covered the losses and I would suggest that TF has taken far more abuse than the season ticket that was lobbed at Wright.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 14:29 - Mar 20 with 3030 viewscaliforniahoop

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 14:05 - Mar 20 by DWQPR

Nothing will ever convince me that he made a loss out of QPR and Wasps, in fact the complete opposite. Screwed us into the ground and tried to make out that he was taking a 50% haircut on the debt to get us out of administration. He bolloxed the whole thing up in the first place, first with the flotation and then allowing Houston to spend on players we didn't need. At least TF and Co have accepted their mistakes and covered the losses and I would suggest that TF has taken far more abuse than the season ticket that was lobbed at Wright.

Well said sir!!!
Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 14:37 - Mar 20 with 2995 viewsNorthernr

You aint seen nothing yet, we've got a Richard Thompson interview later this week
Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 14:38 - Mar 20 with 2991 viewscaliforniahoop

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 14:37 - Mar 20 by Northernr

You aint seen nothing yet, we've got a Richard Thompson interview later this week

Hmmm, he has slipped under the radar hasn't he!
Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 14:53 - Mar 20 with 2955 viewskensalriser

It's hard to see how Chris Wright didn't make a loss from his QPR venture.

Just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean he didn't lose money!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 15:02 - Mar 20 with 2928 viewsLblock

Chris Wright was actually quite a fan of this little club of ours -- he even had the club badge / colours tiled into his swimming pool

A bit of an odd charecter. Another wedged up fella who didn't seem very sharp when it came to sport and the business of football.

I think he got out with most of what he wanted and wouldn't of suffered losses really.
Dont forget two land sales involved here which he did quote well out of.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 15:10 - Mar 20 with 2897 viewskensalriser

Good interview with Wright that QPRnet did a few years ago.

http://qprnet.com/index.php/interviews-2/int-officials/12-interview-wrightchris

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 15:14 - Mar 20 with 2885 viewssmegma

His biggest mistake was not being hands on every day. He delegated everything and sat in his empire offices just up the road by Latimer Road station. He spent more time there with businesses that more or less run themselves than he did at Loftus Rd. Those he delegated the business to c0cked everything up starting with putting about 10 youth players on 5 year contracts when the average first teamer got 3 year contracts. That was just the tip of a massive iceberg.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 15:23 - Mar 20 with 2855 viewsCamberleyR

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 14:53 - Mar 20 by kensalriser

It's hard to see how Chris Wright didn't make a loss from his QPR venture.

Just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean he didn't lose money!

I'd think that the £8m he made selling Wasps' old ground in Sudbury to property developers more than made up anything he was out of pocket on QPR. Also he bought (through Loftus Road plc) our old training ground in Acton for a million. How much must that be worth now (assuming he still owns it and didn't sell that for a fat profit?).

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 16:01 - Mar 20 with 2778 viewskensalriser

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 15:23 - Mar 20 by CamberleyR

I'd think that the £8m he made selling Wasps' old ground in Sudbury to property developers more than made up anything he was out of pocket on QPR. Also he bought (through Loftus Road plc) our old training ground in Acton for a million. How much must that be worth now (assuming he still owns it and didn't sell that for a fat profit?).

He says in the QPRnet interview he bought the Acton ground for the club (with his money as debt) for half a million and then bought it for Wasps for two million, so that's two and a half million down. And it's not really reasonable to claim that any money he might have made from Wasps he made from QPR.

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 20:28 - Mar 20 with 2498 viewsdistortR

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 15:02 - Mar 20 by Lblock

Chris Wright was actually quite a fan of this little club of ours -- he even had the club badge / colours tiled into his swimming pool

A bit of an odd charecter. Another wedged up fella who didn't seem very sharp when it came to sport and the business of football.

I think he got out with most of what he wanted and wouldn't of suffered losses really.

in the interview in the times it was said he was a grimsby fan as a kid.

Mr qpr my arse
Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 21:05 - Mar 20 with 2409 viewsBoston

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 15:02 - Mar 20 by Lblock

So he became a fan of QPR after a night on the tiles?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 23:40 - Mar 20 with 2213 viewsisawqpratwcity

For those that have a digital subscription (not me).

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/spotify-puts-a-spin-on-chrysalis-catalogues-wq

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 15:27 - Mar 21 with 1921 viewswombat

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 23:40 - Mar 20 by isawqpratwcity

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/spotify-puts-a-spin-on-chrysalis-catalogues-wq

Did anyone ever admit to hacking chris wrights music empires head quarters ? that fateful day

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 15:32 - Mar 21 with 1913 viewsTacticalR

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 23:40 - Mar 20 by isawqpratwcity

The Times allows you to read two free articles a week if you are not a subscriber (but you do have to register).

Times opens breach in its online paywall: Offers two stories a week and daily email to registered readers
http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/times-opens-breach-in-its-online-paywall-offers-tw

Air hostess clique

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 18:56 - Mar 21 with 1823 viewsjohncharles

Fk off Chris Wright, Fk off Chris Wright
Fk off Chris Wright
And take your Wasps with you

Strong and stable my arse.

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 21:27 - Mar 21 with 1733 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bloke makes millions using canny business skills. Said bloke buys a football club and makes a complete and utter horse's arse of everything.

At what point do these blokes disengage their brains and go off the sensible reservation?

Utter clowns!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 22:21 - Mar 21 with 1659 viewsBoston

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 21:27 - Mar 21 by PlanetHonneywood

Bloke makes millions using canny business skills. Said bloke buys a football club and makes a complete and utter horse's arse of everything.

At what point do these blokes disengage their brains and go off the sensible reservation?

Utter clowns!

It is extremely difficult to apply sound business practice to the emotional subject that is football.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Chris Wright INterview yesterday on 22:22 - Mar 21 with 1658 viewsTGRRRSSS

I remember that interview from a few years ago - some of it is quite interesting, but it is - perhaps understandably I guess - quite easy on Wright - even though they give the tougher questions a bit of a go they don't really probe, or pounce hard on his at times slightly contradictory answers.

There is certainly a lot of almost got it moments, but the fact is he did so much damage that many things in many ways echoed right through to the Briatore takeover more or less.

He has the sense to see that the success Wasps had in that time was a bit of a problem and indeed there was some spikiness between the 2 sets of fans on this site (or where we were then) which threatened to boil over as QPR fans planned a demo at Loftus Road during a wasps game which admittedly never materialised - anyone remember Dallaglio's Chin?

Ironically Wasps later got sold ended up in a mess and moved 70 miles away from High Wycombe where I think Wright moved them.
They are doing well now but I wonder how many of the fans of the London and Bucks era really like heading to Ricoh all the time.

He also plays the mea culpa thing well in so much as he always accepts the blame - but you know wasnt actually him - it was others who he brought in.

Like Berlin and others.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 22:33]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024