Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
germany v england 22:44 - Mar 20 with 10078 viewsbob566

No threads yet. Does everyone hate international ball these days?
germany v england on 14:44 - Mar 22 with 2617 viewsToast_R

germany v england on 13:51 - Mar 22 by distortR

"hoppiness, hoppiness, gus's search for hoppiness"

I don't like sweet beers or overly strong ones. The great thing about all the breweries at the moment is that there's something for everyone. So rejoice in the one's you like and put the rest down to experience.

Your right of course, but out of the ones I’ve tried, the majority have been pretty average at best. Had this Brewdog Punk IPA in the a pub last Saturday, it reminded me of the Esther Rantzen cocktail from Bottom it was that bitter. Nearly £5.00 as well, funky pint glass = charge a stupid amount. Give me a Heineken any day of the week over that nonsense.

I did do the Meantime Brewery tour last month and I have to doff my hat to them, some incredible beers and a great tour. Basically 20 minutes of looking around the brewery which is pretty boring and an hour and half drinking which was really good fun.
germany v england on 15:16 - Mar 22 with 2588 viewsHayesender

Love this little Czech drop

Poll: Shamima Beghum

germany v england on 20:43 - Mar 22 with 1901 viewsPlanetHonneywood

germany v england on 13:50 - Mar 22 by Mick_S

Tried this?

Bit too up and down for me!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

germany v england on 00:14 - Mar 23 with 1747 viewsNorthernr

Perfect for Southgate that - v promising performance with loads to like about system and players, lose 1-0 to a wonder strike preventing the hype and hysteria starting to build again.
germany v england on 00:30 - Mar 23 with 1736 viewsFDC

Actually quite enjoyed some of that performance, I'd like to see Rashford start at the weekend. Vardy is a hard player to like.
germany v england on 01:03 - Mar 23 with 1726 viewsisawqpratwcity

germany v england on 13:50 - Mar 22 by Mick_S

Tried this?

I think they stopped making that about 1980. The site was levelled about ten years back.

What's there now...

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-34.1941467,142.1557565,3a,30y,263.2h,83.33t/dat

Nb: I see Hoilett turned out for Canada against the Scots.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 1:05]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

germany v england on 08:27 - Mar 23 with 1618 viewsElHoop

germany v england on 00:14 - Mar 23 by Northernr

Perfect for Southgate that - v promising performance with loads to like about system and players, lose 1-0 to a wonder strike preventing the hype and hysteria starting to build again.

Yeah another very decent performance. We've got a system into which we are trying to find the best fits, as against having a so called 'golden generation' around which we tried to build a system. There were types/abilities of players on the park last night who would never have got a game under previous managers. We'd still have had the Beckhams and Rooneys plodding around in a failing system. We're now doing what the Wales and Portugals of this world have to do, we're trying to find a good system and making the system work - that doesn't necessarily mean a place for the most hyped players, and I would include the likes of Kane in that statement - is he a better fit than Vardy for instance? So far Southgate has surprised and impressed me.
germany v england on 10:19 - Mar 23 with 1535 viewsDorse

germany v england on 08:27 - Mar 23 by ElHoop

Yeah another very decent performance. We've got a system into which we are trying to find the best fits, as against having a so called 'golden generation' around which we tried to build a system. There were types/abilities of players on the park last night who would never have got a game under previous managers. We'd still have had the Beckhams and Rooneys plodding around in a failing system. We're now doing what the Wales and Portugals of this world have to do, we're trying to find a good system and making the system work - that doesn't necessarily mean a place for the most hyped players, and I would include the likes of Kane in that statement - is he a better fit than Vardy for instance? So far Southgate has surprised and impressed me.

I think Southgate will get more of an opportunity to experiment like this because nobody expects very much from him. If they'd appointed, say, Conte or Guardiola, the expectation would be huge and any experiments that didn't come off instantly would heap pressure on all concerned.

Southgate, for all his flaws, has that going in his favour. He also knows the next generation of players probably better than most Engalnd bosses of recent vintage because of his work with the U21s. He had a bit of success with them and they already trust his judgement.

He'll probably get England through the group without too many dramas.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

germany v england on 10:35 - Mar 23 with 1517 viewsElHoop

germany v england on 10:19 - Mar 23 by Dorse

I think Southgate will get more of an opportunity to experiment like this because nobody expects very much from him. If they'd appointed, say, Conte or Guardiola, the expectation would be huge and any experiments that didn't come off instantly would heap pressure on all concerned.

Southgate, for all his flaws, has that going in his favour. He also knows the next generation of players probably better than most Engalnd bosses of recent vintage because of his work with the U21s. He had a bit of success with them and they already trust his judgement.

He'll probably get England through the group without too many dramas.

That's true enough, but Southgate has taken the axe to the old brigade when he could, rather than when he had to.
germany v england on 11:39 - Mar 23 with 1475 viewskingsburyR

germany v england on 13:50 - Mar 21 by Northernr

And I'd take watching my own house burn down over half a rugby union game.

You're kidding!!!!

Due to football saturation (well before BT Sports got their grubby hands on Rugby) I'd happily watch a game of Rugby Union over football!

I know your a league man, can't get my head around that!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

germany v england on 12:53 - Mar 23 with 1426 viewsAntti_Heinola

germany v england on 08:27 - Mar 23 by ElHoop

agree. good post.
But yes, Kane is absolutely a far, far, far, far, far, far better fit than Vardy, for almost anything.
Kane in front of Lallana and Alli is quite exciting.

Bare bones.

germany v england on 13:57 - Mar 23 with 1356 viewsElHoop

germany v england on 12:53 - Mar 23 by Antti_Heinola

agree. good post.
But yes, Kane is absolutely a far, far, far, far, far, far better fit than Vardy, for almost anything.
Kane in front of Lallana and Alli is quite exciting.

Look I'm definitely a fan of Kane, but I think that Vardy is quicker and whilst Kane/Alli is proven at Spurs, they might be a bit too similar. There's a case for pace, as it were. I don't know enough about formations and how they work, but Vardy was giving the Germans trouble last night and that's a defence which hasn't conceded a goal in yonks.
germany v england on 14:19 - Mar 23 with 1330 viewssimmo

germany v england on 13:57 - Mar 23 by ElHoop

Look I'm definitely a fan of Kane, but I think that Vardy is quicker and whilst Kane/Alli is proven at Spurs, they might be a bit too similar. There's a case for pace, as it were. I don't know enough about formations and how they work, but Vardy was giving the Germans trouble last night and that's a defence which hasn't conceded a goal in yonks.

I'm somewhere between you both in that I think Kane can be anonymous in a lot of games that don;t play to his strengths, whereas Vardy is such a pest he's always involved in the final third, the difference though is that if there's a chance, Kane will score. At intl level (the v top level anyway) you have to be clinical.

Also there's the Kane/Alli relationship that can be replicated and should be highlighted as a big bonus. Kane > Vardy at the moment.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

germany v england on 14:38 - Mar 23 with 1309 viewsElHoop

germany v england on 14:19 - Mar 23 by simmo

I'm somewhere between you both in that I think Kane can be anonymous in a lot of games that don;t play to his strengths, whereas Vardy is such a pest he's always involved in the final third, the difference though is that if there's a chance, Kane will score. At intl level (the v top level anyway) you have to be clinical.

Also there's the Kane/Alli relationship that can be replicated and should be highlighted as a big bonus. Kane > Vardy at the moment.

About Kane/Alli - I'm not sure whether it's a killer combination in terms of winning things. Spurs have nothing to show for it so far. Alli is a monster and he has to play and he can play or move around just about anywhere. Vardy - he's a finisher in the rugby sense if not the clinical sense, so he'll surely play a major part in our fortunes.
germany v england on 19:40 - Mar 23 with 1223 viewsHadders

No doubt they think it's all just a bit of hilarious pissed up bantz, but England fans booing anthems and chanting about the war are so f@cking embarassing.
germany v england on 23:29 - Mar 23 with 1170 viewsdixiedean

Agree hadders. I don't go to England games so I might be wrong but the perception is that half the people who do are EDL w@nkers or chelscum/stoke/millwall thugs who disgrace our country as opposed to the many who have reacted with such dignity to the terror attack. Is it actually funny to sing about bombing Germany 70 years ago or make childish jokes about winning 2 wars ? FFS people grow up .in Berlin as a mark of respect they shone our flag on the Brandenburg Gate today yet we still have people making jokes about wars. That should make those people feel very stupid and ignorant, rather like the prick I sat behind at Brighton who spent the whole game singing Does your boyfriend know you're here. Sad, very sad
germany v england on 23:52 - Mar 23 with 1155 viewssmegma

germany v england on 18:15 - Mar 21 by distortR

Well, Karl said the other day,
"You know Smegma, Gus, what's he really like?"
"Staunch mate, he's really really staunch"

Do I need ointment for that ??

Great trip. Started with a mad dash from Heathrow to Düsseldorf. Three trains later we arrived at Oberhausen railway station. Jumped in a cab to our destination, the local football stadium. As we pulled up outside the main entrance we saw hundreds of people exiting as the f*cking game had literally just ended.
Oh how SonOfNorfolt took the piss the following day going by the texts my mate was receiving.

Wednesday we returned to Düsseldorf to see Fortuna Düsseldorf vs Koln. Then trained it back to Dortmund for the main event. In between we went to the German Football Museum which I believe is the ONLY type of museum that should be allowed. Superb attraction.
germany v england on 23:56 - Mar 23 with 1151 viewssmegma

germany v england on 19:40 - Mar 23 by Hadders

No doubt they think it's all just a bit of hilarious pissed up bantz, but England fans booing anthems and chanting about the war are so f@cking embarassing.

I was so embarrassed I went into the German section. Like I did a year ago in Berlin.
germany v england on 05:18 - Mar 24 with 1106 viewsFredManRave

germany v england on 19:40 - Mar 23 by Hadders

Agreed. You'd hope that they'd stop at the booing and chanting, but no;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

germany v england on 05:26 - Mar 24 with 1098 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

germany v england on 05:18 - Mar 24 by FredManRave

Agreed. You'd hope that they'd stop at the booing and chanting, but no;

To be fair that is quite funny...
germany v england on 08:25 - Mar 24 with 1055 viewspaulparker

germany v england on 23:29 - Mar 23 by dixiedean

Agree hadders. I don't go to England games so I might be wrong but the perception is that half the people who do are EDL w@nkers or chelscum/stoke/millwall thugs who disgrace our country as opposed to the many who have reacted with such dignity to the terror attack. Is it actually funny to sing about bombing Germany 70 years ago or make childish jokes about winning 2 wars ? FFS people grow up .in Berlin as a mark of respect they shone our flag on the Brandenburg Gate today yet we still have people making jokes about wars. That should make those people feel very stupid and ignorant, rather like the prick I sat behind at Brighton who spent the whole game singing Does your boyfriend know you're here. Sad, very sad

Agree hadders. I don't go to England games so I might be wrong but the perception is that half the people who do are EDL w@nkers or chelscum/stoke/millwall thugs

seriously are you for real ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

germany v england on 09:12 - Mar 24 with 1040 viewssmegma

germany v england on 08:25 - Mar 24 by paulparker

Agree hadders. I don't go to England games so I might be wrong but the perception is that half the people who do are EDL w@nkers or chelscum/stoke/millwall thugs

seriously are you for real ?

After the game I walked back to my hotel. Had a few beers in the bar and a pizza. Seeing my food 5 northern lads on the next table ordered some pizzas . When the waiter offered cutlery one of them actually said to his mate 'cutlery is for southern poofters'. They then discussed how great it was singing 'have Germans ever won a war'.....and it wasn't just young lads. I saw a bloke in his 60s giving a Third Reich salute in the stadium immediately after the goal. Tuesday night our hotel bar was quite packed with loads of middle aged northerners. Every now and then one would sing the brass section intro to a song followed by 'do you like good music? Yeah, yeah' then it would fall silent as they didn't know the next line. This went on for an hour.
Without sounding divisive I find most boorish behaviour on England away trips comes from northerners young and old. I saw people who would be arrested over here trying to enter a ground as they could barely stand.
First and foremost I go to football to watch a game. Was I pissed? No. Did I have a drink. Most certainly. Did I sing pathetic songs? Never have. Never will. Did I watch the game? Yes. It's one of our best performances in a year. The last time we played in Germany in fact exactly a year ago in Berlin.
For that game in Berlin I sat in the German section. I did the same on Wednesday as I knew what was going to transpire.
Will 'they' stop me going? Never.

And this ones for SonOfNorfolt......Signal Iduna was the 101st ground I've seen England play in. Groundhoppers of the World Unite and all that !!!!
germany v england on 13:24 - Mar 24 with 999 viewsMoonshineSteve

You should get a cap for that.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

germany v england on 14:06 - Mar 24 with 986 viewssmegma

germany v england on 05:26 - Mar 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

To be fair that is quite funny...

With all his mates shirtless I thought it was that Russian hoolie video posted on here the other week. All it need was some baby oil and crayfish salad.
germany v england on 15:32 - Mar 24 with 952 viewskensalriser

If these brain dead morons had ever bothered to attend school they might have learned that England didn't win either World war. The Allies did.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024