Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CW talks about how good Ollie is 05:37 - Mar 24 with 7120 viewsBakes

....And how bloody dreadful JFH was, little snippet here.

"I didn't really understand the job he wanted me to do within the team and I've always found playing up top in my own in the system we were playing doesn't really suit me particularly well. There was a lot of contempt on my part in that."

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/conor-washington-felt-contempt-fo
[Post edited 24 Mar 2017 5:38]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 07:48 - Mar 24 with 5340 viewseghamranger

Good article. Got a lot of time for him and he has improved since Holloway has arrived.

Did used to annoy me when JFH used to play him up top on his own, should have been sacked a month before and could now be in the play off positions. Wouldn't want to go up this year but roll on next year 👊
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 09:09 - Mar 24 with 5193 viewsAntti_Heinola

To be fair to JFH the times he played him on his own up front were usually when we had no other options. I think even JFH knew he couldn't do it, but sometimes he had little choice.

Bare bones.

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 09:17 - Mar 24 with 5170 viewssmegma

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 09:09 - Mar 24 by Antti_Heinola

To be fair to JFH the times he played him on his own up front were usually when we had no other options. I think even JFH knew he couldn't do it, but sometimes he had little choice.

Last season Conor and Seb tore Ipswich a new one. It was the first time they'd played together from the start. So then we reverted to one upfront ad infinitum.

To say we had no options to play two upfront is not true as most games Conor would replace Seb in the second half.
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 09:23 - Mar 24 with 5159 viewsNorthernr

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 09:09 - Mar 24 by Antti_Heinola

I don't agree with that. A lot of times (Brighton and Leeds away last year spring immediately to mind) Washington had to play up front by himself while Polter sat on the bench because of JFH's infuriating sports science theory that no player could ever possibly be expected to start the game on the Tuesday if they'd started the game on the Saturday.
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 09:37 - Mar 24 with 5103 viewsdaveB

One thing i found odd with JFH was he never really threw any of his new signings in. Nasser and Washington both came in and rarely started games at first, I think in his whole time here Nasser can't have started more than 5 games but before you know it he's been here six months and made no impact so written off Washington has been here a few months and not scored, fact they didn't really have a run in the side always meant the step up was going to be more difficult.

Was the same this season with several of his signings not really getting a run in the team.
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 09:53 - Mar 24 with 5066 viewsNorthernr

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 09:37 - Mar 24 by daveB

One thing i found odd with JFH was he never really threw any of his new signings in. Nasser and Washington both came in and rarely started games at first, I think in his whole time here Nasser can't have started more than 5 games but before you know it he's been here six months and made no impact so written off Washington has been here a few months and not scored, fact they didn't really have a run in the side always meant the step up was going to be more difficult.

Was the same this season with several of his signings not really getting a run in the team.

Hasselbaink was just a bit odd full stop I think. Somebody at the club told me over a pint that he wasn't a problem to work with, he worked hard, he worked the players hard, he did everything he could... he just wasn't that good. You couldn't pin anything on him like you could Hughes or Redknapp, he just wasn't that good.

Still, I'll always maintain, he fulfilled the brief he was given when he was appointed.
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 10:31 - Mar 24 with 4982 viewsToast_R

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 09:53 - Mar 24 by Northernr

Hasselbaink was just a bit odd full stop I think. Somebody at the club told me over a pint that he wasn't a problem to work with, he worked hard, he worked the players hard, he did everything he could... he just wasn't that good. You couldn't pin anything on him like you could Hughes or Redknapp, he just wasn't that good.

Still, I'll always maintain, he fulfilled the brief he was given when he was appointed.

One of the shrewdest things the TF Administration has done - JFH's one year rolling contract.
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 10:33 - Mar 24 with 4973 viewsJamesB1979

Most of the time I really struggled to know what JFH was game strategy was, so not surprised that Washington feels the same. We had this "high press" presented as if JFH had invented it. And to make matters worse, he wasn't that good at implementing it either.
Ollie in first few weeks was maybe trying to be a bit too clever but at least you could see what he was trying to do.
Login to get fewer ads

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 10:55 - Mar 24 with 4926 viewsW7Ranger

Do you think (as has been rumoured/suggested/claimed!) that Les had an influence on team selection, tactics, coaching etc...?
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 10:56 - Mar 24 with 4918 viewsNorthernr

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 10:55 - Mar 24 by W7Ranger

Do you think (as has been rumoured/suggested/claimed!) that Les had an influence on team selection, tactics, coaching etc...?

No.
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 11:00 - Mar 24 with 4905 viewsW7Ranger

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 10:56 - Mar 24 by Northernr

No.

Pleased to hear that. I've heard the opposite elsewhere from people who claim to be "in the know" and it fcuking infuriates me!

Is that just your belief or something you know to be true?
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 11:31 - Mar 24 with 4838 viewsdaveB

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 10:55 - Mar 24 by W7Ranger

It's a myth put about by people who don't like Ferdinand as he got rid of Steve Gallen and kept Ramsey so this kind of bullshit has been spread about him ever since and some people believe it.
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 11:31 - Mar 24 with 4838 viewsFDC

That's interesting.

And quite alarming really. A lot of the time, when bemused by JFH's approach to games, one assumed (or at least I did) that he must have known what he's doing, but I just couldn't see it. But from that it sounds like he genuinely just didn't have many ideas.

Interesting to hear that Washington felt the same as a lot of us, too.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2017 11:33]
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 11:32 - Mar 24 with 4833 viewsFDC

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 11:31 - Mar 24 by daveB

It's a myth put about by people who don't like Ferdinand as he got rid of Steve Gallen and kept Ramsey so this kind of bullshit has been spread about him ever since and some people believe it.

#Fakenews
[Post edited 24 Mar 2017 11:32]
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 11:38 - Mar 24 with 4800 viewsJAPRANGERS

Did JFH find a new position in the recent manager merry-go round??
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 11:39 - Mar 24 with 4793 viewswhittocksRs

And though it has been disproved time and time again, there are people who support Rangers who swear blind it's true. It's like Trump supporters who claim he never said he'd grab women by the p*ssy despite the video evidence.
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 11:52 - Mar 24 with 4761 viewssmegma

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 09:23 - Mar 24 by Northernr

I don't agree with that. A lot of times (Brighton and Leeds away last year spring immediately to mind) Washington had to play up front by himself while Polter sat on the bench because of JFH's infuriating sports science theory that no player could ever possibly be expected to start the game on the Tuesday if they'd started the game on the Saturday.

And let's no forget JFHs propensity to build the team around Chery. Irrespective of when he was in form or not.
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 12:01 - Mar 24 with 4739 viewskensalriser

Yeah but if it's a myth how do you explain why his name is Evil Les?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 12:24 - Mar 24 with 4672 viewsW7Ranger

This is what really winds me up.

I have someone telling me (not a personal friend!) that as he worked at the club (and others) in a coaching capacity that he still has contacts at the club and Les was heavily involved in team talks and coaching etc... also said Les just wasn't a very popular person around the club which I found astonishing. But what can I say back? I have no insider knowledge or info about what goes on. This guy had coached there and says this stuff is true so i haven't really got any comeback. I found it all a bit surprising but I can't disprove what this guy says. But yes there does appear to be a bit of an agenda against certain members of staff at the moment. Les and Ramsey mainly. Closely followed by Hoos and Fernandes.
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 12:34 - Mar 24 with 4644 viewsDorse

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 12:24 - Mar 24 by W7Ranger

This is what really winds me up.

I have someone telling me (not a personal friend!) that as he worked at the club (and others) in a coaching capacity that he still has contacts at the club and Les was heavily involved in team talks and coaching etc... also said Les just wasn't a very popular person around the club which I found astonishing. But what can I say back? I have no insider knowledge or info about what goes on. This guy had coached there and says this stuff is true so i haven't really got any comeback. I found it all a bit surprising but I can't disprove what this guy says. But yes there does appear to be a bit of an agenda against certain members of staff at the moment. Les and Ramsey mainly. Closely followed by Hoos and Fernandes.

I'm not one to gossip but my father's brother's barber went out with a girl whose vet's receptionist is in the same Yoga class as a man who walks his dog near Les Ferdinand's house and he reckons that Les is evil because his bin men said he put glass in with the cardboard recycling after Christmas. But don't tell anyone.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 12:39 - Mar 24 with 4623 views2Thomas2Bowles

Who named him evil Les to start with

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 12:40 - Mar 24 with 4616 viewsDorse

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 12:39 - Mar 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Who named him evil Les to start with

Blue Peter, allegedly.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 12:44 - Mar 24 with 4593 viewsNorthernr

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 11:00 - Mar 24 by W7Ranger

Pleased to hear that. I've heard the opposite elsewhere from people who claim to be "in the know" and it fcuking infuriates me!

Is that just your belief or something you know to be true?

The next person that spouts this unmerciful bullsht to you ask them this..

Ferdinand has had three permanent managers during his time as DOF - Ramsey, Hasselbaink, Holloway. Ramsey played that weird 4-2-4 set up, trying to commit men to the attack but at the same time leaving us wide open at the back. Hasselbaink only ever played one up front, very defensive and boring. Holloway is playing 4-3-3 and has absolutely revamped and revitalised the midfield. So tell me, if Les Ferdinand is influencing team selection and tactics, why have the team selections and tactics been so wildly different under the three different managers he's had?
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 12:45 - Mar 24 with 4588 viewsClive_Anderson

JFH reminds of Hughes a bit in that he did alright elsewhere but just didn't fit in with us. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having a decent management career in the end.

Of course Ollie was always going to be better for us.
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 13:07 - Mar 24 with 4520 viewsTacticalR

We could all see that playing long ball to Washington didn't work and was never going to work.

However, if I was him I would get a few more goals under my belt with the new manager before blaming everything on the old manager.

Also, I wonder if Washington really meant the word 'contempt'?

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024