Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CW talks about how good Ollie is 05:37 - Mar 24 with 7110 viewsBakes

....And how bloody dreadful JFH was, little snippet here.

"I didn't really understand the job he wanted me to do within the team and I've always found playing up top in my own in the system we were playing doesn't really suit me particularly well. There was a lot of contempt on my part in that."

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/conor-washington-felt-contempt-fo
[Post edited 24 Mar 2017 5:38]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 13:15 - Mar 24 with 2463 viewsBklynRanger

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 12:45 - Mar 24 by Clive_Anderson

JFH reminds of Hughes a bit in that he did alright elsewhere but just didn't fit in with us. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having a decent management career in the end.

Of course Ollie was always going to be better for us.

Yeah he could end up like another Paulo Sousa but with bigger nostrils.

It's unfortunate that Connor used the word contempt - it read to me like he probably had contempt for the situation and JFH's ideas rather than for the man himself, but of course the headline reads otherwise.
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 13:18 - Mar 24 with 2450 viewsToast_R

There does seem to be a lot of stuff which all of a sudden becomes gospel.

One I can think of

Why does everyone now believe that was Paul Clement? I see it all the time now, "TF wanted Paul Clement" Did he? was that really his choice of "Dream manager"?
When has that ever actually been confirmed?
[Post edited 24 Mar 2017 13:20]
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 13:46 - Mar 24 with 2374 viewsAntti_Heinola

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 11:52 - Mar 24 by smegma

And let's no forget JFHs propensity to build the team around Chery. Irrespective of when he was in form or not.

I think this got a bit overblown to be honest. Chery barely played in JFH's first two months. He worked his way into the side and became our best player, establishing a great relationship with Polter, which JFH then mysteriously forgot about at the start of the season. Still don't know why - possibly he just didn't know how to get Chery, Wash and Polter into the same side and so it became a mess.

I feel the stuff he said on the podcast was overblown too - although he was none too eloquent - and it certainly didn't help Chery. To me, what he was saying was that Chery was doing what he wanted him to do, but others weren't, but he was persevering with that to try and get the others to perform their roles better, which in turn would help Chery, and in turn would help the team. This was at a time when the season was only a few games old and JFH was seriously struggling with the loss of Phillips and Hoilett (who, as I've said many times before, contributed far more in terms of goals and assists for JFH than many gave them credit for - infuriating as they were. That front 4 of Polter, Chery, Hoilett and Phillips was actually not half bad). To me, if JFH thought that was the best way forward he was absolutely right to persevere rather than junking it after a couple of games. I think that was what he was saying. At the time, Chery was playing well and his point was that if the others could contribute too, then we'd have a decent side.

Sadly, Chery then genuinely did lose some form (although was nowhere near as bad as some have made out - he was still creating more chances than almost anyone in the league, but no one was bloody scoring them), and because JFH had seemed intransigent about it, Chery's reputation plummeted a bit. Was JFH a bit inflexible there? Probably, in hindsight. I just don't see his thinking to be *that* flawed.

Take Norf's point Wash was probably played up front alone more than I recalled, but this season the alternatives were Polter and Sylla and both were often not fit at the start of the season.

Whatever. Ollie doing a fab job now, so all's well that ends well!

Bare bones.

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 13:47 - Mar 24 with 2374 viewsTGRRRSSS

JFH reminds of Hughes a bit in that he did alright elsewhere but just didn't fit in with us. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having a decent management career in the end.

Not really he'd had one job of note at Burton where he seemingly rode the coat tails of previous work.

I hate Hughes and the mess he made or even worse but he'd got more to back himself than JFH did at the time of either appointment.

I remember an interview Clive did with a Burton fan after the appointment, the gist I got was they went too sorry he had gone, which is always a sign.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2017 18:36]
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 14:15 - Mar 24 with 2330 viewsTacticalR

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 13:18 - Mar 24 by Toast_R

One I can think of

Why does everyone now believe that was Paul Clement? I see it all the time now, "TF wanted Paul Clement" Did he? was that really his choice of "Dream manager"?

The interpretation of Tony's dreams is a very difficult task.

Air hostess clique

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 14:16 - Mar 24 with 2324 viewsNorthernr

Some managers just fit don't they? I think you need to be quite a big character to be the QPR manager, history tells us it's a difficult job - probably because expectations outstrip resources about 10 to 1. I don't think any other team in the country would have gone for Holloway but he looked like the best bet to me at the time and he's doing brilliantly.
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 14:27 - Mar 24 with 2279 viewsDannytheR

With a bit of hindsight, the thing about Hasselbaink was that he was very inexperienced - and although he projected self confidence, when you look at how he set the team up *and* how he handled media stuff, he was clearly nervous and felt out of his depth, which becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

There's a grain of truth in the cliche about teams being made in their manager's image, and when you look at the team he built, it was a) raw and b) terrified of its own shadow.
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 14:40 - Mar 24 with 2250 viewsFDC

One I can think of

I've tried to get to the bottom of this a few times. It's passed in to common-sense, but if that really is what he meant it was monumentally stupid to tweet that before he'd actually taken the job.
Login to get fewer ads

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 15:25 - Mar 24 with 2122 views2Thomas2Bowles

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 14:16 - Mar 24 by Northernr

Some managers just fit don't they? I think you need to be quite a big character to be the QPR manager, history tells us it's a difficult job - probably because expectations outstrip resources about 10 to 1. I don't think any other team in the country would have gone for Holloway but he looked like the best bet to me at the time and he's doing brilliantly.

He has the odd moments when you think WTF and he is a clown, lots of Ollie haters on here!

But honestly I'd give him the job for the next 5 years no matter how we do.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 15:26 - Mar 24 with 2118 viewsToast_R

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 14:40 - Mar 24 by FDC

I've tried to get to the bottom of this a few times. It's passed in to common-sense, but if that really is what he meant it was monumentally stupid to tweet that before he'd actually taken the job.

My take on it is that I'd be surprised if at that point in time he'd actually heard of Paul Clement and he was really lining up someone like Sven.
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 15:28 - Mar 24 with 2105 viewsTacticalR

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 15:26 - Mar 24 by Toast_R

My take on it is that I'd be surprised if at that point in time he'd actually heard of Paul Clement and he was really lining up someone like Sven.

That would have been a very bad dream.

Air hostess clique

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 15:53 - Mar 24 with 2051 viewsdaveB

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 12:24 - Mar 24 by W7Ranger

This is what really winds me up.

I have someone telling me (not a personal friend!) that as he worked at the club (and others) in a coaching capacity that he still has contacts at the club and Les was heavily involved in team talks and coaching etc... also said Les just wasn't a very popular person around the club which I found astonishing. But what can I say back? I have no insider knowledge or info about what goes on. This guy had coached there and says this stuff is true so i haven't really got any comeback. I found it all a bit surprising but I can't disprove what this guy says. But yes there does appear to be a bit of an agenda against certain members of staff at the moment. Les and Ramsey mainly. Closely followed by Hoos and Fernandes.

did he lose his job as a coach when Ferdinand came in? That would explain a lot of it.
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 16:00 - Mar 24 with 2032 viewsdaveB

One I can think of

He spoke to Clement that day and Clement started following him on twitter at that time as well. As ever with Fernandes he had jumped the gun and Clement couldn't take the job at the time/didn't fancy it. At the time the press were saying Sherwood was taking over the following day hence the press all wrong thing.

Once he gave the job to Ramsey rather than say nothing he pretended Ramsey was the dream manager and made himself look an even bigger idiot than usual
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 16:01 - Mar 24 with 2026 viewsdaveB

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 15:26 - Mar 24 by Toast_R

fans had been tweeting him about Clement for ages, long before Redknapp's knee gave out which is how he knew about him
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 16:04 - Mar 24 with 2006 viewsNorthernr

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 12:24 - Mar 24 by W7Ranger

This is what really winds me up.

I have someone telling me (not a personal friend!) that as he worked at the club (and others) in a coaching capacity that he still has contacts at the club and Les was heavily involved in team talks and coaching etc... also said Les just wasn't a very popular person around the club which I found astonishing. But what can I say back? I have no insider knowledge or info about what goes on. This guy had coached there and says this stuff is true so i haven't really got any comeback. I found it all a bit surprising but I can't disprove what this guy says. But yes there does appear to be a bit of an agenda against certain members of staff at the moment. Les and Ramsey mainly. Closely followed by Hoos and Fernandes.

Ask him if he's noticed that our wage bill has halved and we've got two youth teamers who are first team regulars now.
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 16:12 - Mar 24 with 1623 viewsdaveB

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 16:04 - Mar 24 by Northernr

Ask him if he's noticed that our wage bill has halved and we've got two youth teamers who are first team regulars now.

That will be down to Holloway, I had this argument with a few earlier in the week on facebook. Basically everything crap was down to Ferdinand who has ruined the club and taken us backwards, he has now been demoted and everything good is down to Holloway.
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 16:17 - Mar 24 with 1622 viewssimmo

Or how we've made a profit with transfers in the last 2 seasons for the first time in years , including making money on our own youth products.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 17:08 - Mar 24 with 1546 viewsderbyhoop

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 14:27 - Mar 24 by DannytheR

With a bit of hindsight, the thing about Hasselbaink was that he was very inexperienced - and although he projected self confidence, when you look at how he set the team up *and* how he handled media stuff, he was clearly nervous and felt out of his depth, which becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

There's a grain of truth in the cliche about teams being made in their manager's image, and when you look at the team he built, it was a) raw and b) terrified of its own shadow.

I think, with hindsight, that JFH was too dour for a club like QPR. He fitted perfectly at Burton where expectations weren't very high. The dourness transmitted to the team.
At the time, I thought the removal of JFH was premature but I admit that Olly looks a far better fit for our club.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 21:01 - Mar 24 with 1424 viewsShotKneesHoop

Ollie is a Cave Man.

That's all you need to ask for a manager.

Or a coffee.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 21:46 - Mar 24 with 1391 viewsDejR_vu

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 12:44 - Mar 24 by Northernr

The next person that spouts this unmerciful bullsht to you ask them this..

Ferdinand has had three permanent managers during his time as DOF - Ramsey, Hasselbaink, Holloway. Ramsey played that weird 4-2-4 set up, trying to commit men to the attack but at the same time leaving us wide open at the back. Hasselbaink only ever played one up front, very defensive and boring. Holloway is playing 4-3-3 and has absolutely revamped and revitalised the midfield. So tell me, if Les Ferdinand is influencing team selection and tactics, why have the team selections and tactics been so wildly different under the three different managers he's had?

Does he have Multiple Personality Disorder??

(That's tongue-in-cheek, by the way, before anybody gets their knickers in a twist)

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 21:56 - Mar 24 with 1378 views1JD

Ermmm quite logical really. No sane person would continue with abject tactics without results. There is always a fall guy in business- rightly or wrongly.
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 21:58 - Mar 24 with 1369 views1JD

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 12:44 - Mar 24 by Northernr

The next person that spouts this unmerciful bullsht to you ask them this..

Ferdinand has had three permanent managers during his time as DOF - Ramsey, Hasselbaink, Holloway. Ramsey played that weird 4-2-4 set up, trying to commit men to the attack but at the same time leaving us wide open at the back. Hasselbaink only ever played one up front, very defensive and boring. Holloway is playing 4-3-3 and has absolutely revamped and revitalised the midfield. So tell me, if Les Ferdinand is influencing team selection and tactics, why have the team selections and tactics been so wildly different under the three different managers he's had?

Ermmm quite logical really. No sane person would continue with abject tactics without results. There is always a fall guy in business- rightly or wrongly.

Edit: meant to reply to your post northern
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 10:06 - Mar 27 with 1093 viewsW7Ranger

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 15:53 - Mar 24 by daveB

did he lose his job as a coach when Ferdinand came in? That would explain a lot of it.

It's something I've often thought about Dave. He's a QPR fan so I doubt it's a job he left of his own accord, although I could be wrong. But working the for the team you support would be your dream job right, unless something/someone forced you to go?

I may ask him one day when/why he "left" QPR!
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 10:08 - Mar 27 with 1093 viewsW7Ranger

Oh but that's all down to Ollie and Hoos Clive. Nothing to do with Les!
CW talks about how good Ollie is on 10:11 - Mar 27 with 1083 viewsW7Ranger

CW talks about how good Ollie is on 16:12 - Mar 24 by daveB

That will be down to Holloway, I had this argument with a few earlier in the week on facebook. Basically everything crap was down to Ferdinand who has ruined the club and taken us backwards, he has now been demoted and everything good is down to Holloway.

You must be in the same facebook group that I'm in Dave!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024