Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eating in the Bush 18:29 - Mar 25 with 3170 viewsAgedR

Fellow Rs

I'm off out with the wife at the Bush next Friday and am looking for recommendations for somewhere to eat (about 5pm).

Any ideas much appreciated

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Eating in the Bush on 18:49 - Mar 25 with 3145 viewsStanisgod

Thread title of the year

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Eating in the Bush on 19:10 - Mar 25 with 3104 views2Thomas2Bowles

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Eating in the Bush on 19:20 - Mar 25 with 3086 viewsAgedR

Eating in the Bush on 18:49 - Mar 25 by Stanisgod

Thread title of the year

I know.

The wife just tutted at me when she saw it.

Sometimes it's irresistible.

I would genuinely like a recommendation for some scram though

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Eating in the Bush on 19:21 - Mar 25 with 3083 viewseghamranger

What's your preference?!

Ethiopian, Turkish or halal?

Eating in the Bush on 19:47 - Mar 25 with 3031 viewsGroveR

The Bush Hall is good but can get pricey if you hit the cocktails. The Princess Vic is more restaurant than pub, the pork board is worth mentioning. Shikumen is well worth a look if you fancy chinese. If you want to go a bit further, there's a nice little neighbourhood Italian in Brook Green called Pentolina and if you want steak check out the Popeseye.

http://www.bushhalldining.co.uk
http://princessvictoria.co.uk
http://www.shikumen.co.uk
https://www.pentolinarestaurant.co.uk
https://popeseye.com

If none of those suit, take a deep breath, hold your nose and go at it like a dog eating hot chips 😊
[Post edited 25 Mar 2017 20:33]
Eating in the Bush on 20:39 - Mar 25 with 2929 viewsFredManRave

Have a Spackmans Bush;

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/189758/eating-in-t

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Eating in the Bush on 21:58 - Mar 25 with 2800 viewsBoston

Eating in the Bush on 19:21 - Mar 25 by eghamranger

What's your preference?!

Ethiopian, Turkish or halal?

?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Eating in the Bush on 22:39 - Mar 25 with 2740 viewsNorthernr

The Jasmine Thai restaurant near Goldhawk Road tube is very good. There's a sharing platter for two on the menu, platter of starters and platter of mains, that's superb. Singha beer reasonably cheap, staff friendly, independent.
Login to get fewer ads

Eating in the Bush on 22:44 - Mar 25 with 2729 viewsRBlock

Don't bother with the Princess Vic. Used to be fantastic but a change of chef and staff has seen it drop off a cliff. Quite sad because it used to be great. The Brackenbury is really nice for somewhere quiet and off the main stretch, slightly more towards Hammersmith. The Oak at the north end of the Askew Road does a great stone=baked pizza.
Eating in the Bush on 11:40 - Mar 26 with 2413 viewsfrancisbowles

Has anyone tried Adam's Café on the corner of Askew and Becklow? it is a café during and a quick ride on a magic carpet turns it into a Moroccan/Lebanese at night.

Thinking of trying it before the Brighton game.
Eating in the Bush on 12:14 - Mar 26 with 2366 viewsLblock

I'd of said Queen Adelaide straight away previously but, for what you get for what you pay it's marked it's card for a while now

Must try and The Crown & Sceptre again soon

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Eating in the Bush on 12:32 - Mar 26 with 2340 viewsLongsufferingR

Eating in the Bush on 11:40 - Mar 26 by francisbowles

Has anyone tried Adam's Café on the corner of Askew and Becklow? it is a café during and a quick ride on a magic carpet turns it into a Moroccan/Lebanese at night.

Thinking of trying it before the Brighton game.

Yes, I've been for both and it's definitely recommended. Small and nothing flash but food is very good and owners very friendly.
Eating in the Bush on 09:33 - Mar 27 with 1999 viewsfrancisbowles

Eating in the Bush on 12:32 - Mar 26 by LongsufferingR

Yes, I've been for both and it's definitely recommended. Small and nothing flash but food is very good and owners very friendly.

Thanks you. Will give it a go.
Eating in the Bush on 10:30 - Mar 27 with 1952 viewsNW10Hoop

Little bit far from the ground maybe but I sometimes do a mini crawl there taking in the C&S and O'Donoghues (if i'm feeling lairy), but the Anglesea Arms is a lovely place for a bite.

http://www.angleseaarmspub.co.uk/
Eating in the Bush on 11:18 - Mar 27 with 1891 viewshubble

There's a fabulous old school Indian on Goldhawk Road called Rajput - delicious, cheap, proper white table cloth and napkins kinda thing, great service, only thing missing is flock wallpaper.... but then the Shepherd and Flock is just a couple of blocks along....

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Eating in the Bush on 11:55 - Mar 27 with 1835 viewsCammington

The Andover Arms is a favourite of mine but it's very tucked out of the way.
Eating in the Bush on 14:43 - Mar 27 with 1697 viewsenfieldargh

Great Polish restaurant just up from the Thai Clive mentioned.

Food really good and amazing array of vodkas on offer

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Eating in the Bush on 20:22 - Mar 27 with 1553 viewsdannyblue

I always have to give Abu Zaad a plug on these threads. Fantastic food for years, opposite Shepherd's Bush H&C station. They've opened a couple new places just across the road too now. They call themselves 'Damascene cuisine', i.e., Syrian / Levantine / Lebanese. I love the fattet makdous - baby aubergines stuffed with minced lamb in a yogurt tahini sauce with crispy fried pitta.
Eating in the Bush on 20:55 - Mar 27 with 1517 viewsHunterhoop

Patio restaurant if you want award winning Polish food at very reasonable prices. It's a Shepherd's Bush institution.
Eating in the Bush on 21:00 - Mar 27 with 1508 viewsBlackCrowe

I'd like a proper bloody good burger. C&S did amazing ones pre-thai takeover - and they're passable now but spend an extra 50p or whatever on quality home made patties instead of packet stuff and I'd buy every Saturday.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Eating in the Bush on 21:41 - Mar 27 with 1470 viewsRBlock

Eating in the Bush on 20:22 - Mar 27 by dannyblue

I always have to give Abu Zaad a plug on these threads. Fantastic food for years, opposite Shepherd's Bush H&C station. They've opened a couple new places just across the road too now. They call themselves 'Damascene cuisine', i.e., Syrian / Levantine / Lebanese. I love the fattet makdous - baby aubergines stuffed with minced lamb in a yogurt tahini sauce with crispy fried pitta.

Abu Zaad is nice, as is Abu Zamaan which is the one opposite near the police station. Great value for money, food is fantastic. Didn't know they were owned by the same people. Only issue is no booze!
Eating in the Bush on 22:05 - Mar 27 with 1447 viewshubble

Eating in the Bush on 20:22 - Mar 27 by dannyblue

Blimey me mouth is watering!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024