Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe 14:18 - Mar 27 with 5546 viewsbosh67

It's a wonderful story this. Been following it for a while. Restores your faith in footballers and humanity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39399863

If you want to help fund this fantastic kid's treatment go to https://bradleylowerysfight.org.uk/ and the store is at https://bradleylowerysfight.org.uk/store/

You can buy a wrist band or donate via the paypal link there.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 15:50 - Mar 27 with 4046 viewsToast_R

Just bought two wrist bands.

Really is a heart felt story. The poor boy has spent pretty much his whole life in and out of hospitals going through a horrible ordeal. He keeps a smile on his face though so what an amazing kid.

Makes me thank my lucky stars that my son is a fit and healthy kid full of life. All too easy to take that for granted.
Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 16:04 - Mar 27 with 4019 viewsstonebridgers

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 15:50 - Mar 27 by Toast_R

Really is a heart felt story. The poor boy has spent pretty much his whole life in and out of hospitals going through a horrible ordeal. He keeps a smile on his face though so what an amazing kid.

Makes me thank my lucky stars that my son is a fit and healthy kid full of life. All too easy to take that for granted.

It is nice to see a positive story about a footballer for a change and fair play to Joe Hart for letting him lead out the team with Defoe.
Seeing that little lad makes you think that our groans and moans about life are small compared to what Bradley and his family are going through.

Stonebridgers

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 16:31 - Mar 27 with 3969 viewsJAPRANGERS

Wonderful of Jermain Defoe to do this and to visit the lad in hospital . Respect.
Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 16:39 - Mar 27 with 3946 viewsrunningman75

Defoe has always been a decent professional. From learning his trade in the lower leagues. Coming back from Canada and scoring goals for a struggling team. Too many professionals think they have made it and happy to take the money or do not wear shirts with pride ( either their country or club).
Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 17:12 - Mar 27 with 3887 viewstraininvain

Poor little lad. Really heartbreaking and puts most 'problems' into context. Fair play to Defoe.
Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 17:29 - Mar 27 with 3856 viewsbosh67

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 15:50 - Mar 27 by Toast_R

Star man!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 13:12 - Mar 28 with 3560 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Wish we had signed him when he was coming back from Canada. Unfortunately he was "finished". Apparently. Nice touch from him and a shame more players don't go that little bit out of their way to make a difference to the average Joe. Unfortunately most are happy to take all of the trappings of what the game brings but not the responsibility to being such looked up to role models
Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 16:49 - Mar 28 with 3424 viewsstowmarketrange

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 13:12 - Mar 28 by dodge_stoke_r

Wish we had signed him when he was coming back from Canada. Unfortunately he was "finished". Apparently. Nice touch from him and a shame more players don't go that little bit out of their way to make a difference to the average Joe. Unfortunately most are happy to take all of the trappings of what the game brings but not the responsibility to being such looked up to role models

I was thinking the same.All the money we wasted on half fit strikers when we could have had someone who still could and would play most games.
His gestures over this poor little boy are just brilliant.
Login to get fewer ads

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 17:00 - Mar 28 with 3408 viewsdaveB

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 13:12 - Mar 28 by dodge_stoke_r

problem wasn't his ability but his wages, when he left Spurs he was on over 100k a week in Canada and we were in the championship so we couldn't and shouldn't competed to sign him and when he joined Sunderland his wage was massive around 90k a week and again it would have been a stupid gamble to make
Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 19:31 - Mar 28 with 3343 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 17:00 - Mar 28 by daveB

problem wasn't his ability but his wages, when he left Spurs he was on over 100k a week in Canada and we were in the championship so we couldn't and shouldn't competed to sign him and when he joined Sunderland his wage was massive around 90k a week and again it would have been a stupid gamble to make

Could be mistaken. In fact i more than likely am but I thought he went to Sunderland around about or last time in the premier league. I don't know about the money but I do recall a lot of posters on here questioning his desire, and do we want another 30 something with nothing to prove type of player.
Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 22:39 - Mar 28 with 3283 viewsstowmarketrange

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 19:31 - Mar 28 by dodge_stoke_r

Could be mistaken. In fact i more than likely am but I thought he went to Sunderland around about or last time in the premier league. I don't know about the money but I do recall a lot of posters on here questioning his desire, and do we want another 30 something with nothing to prove type of player.

He signed for Sunderland in January 2015 which was about the same time that 'arry's knee was playing up the worst.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 20:25]
Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 19:52 - Jul 6 with 2938 views2Thomas2Bowles

Bradley
From Facebook
Bradley has had a settled day, he is no longer responsive but we know he is listening to everything we say. He is fighting so hard it's heart breaking for us to watch.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 20:15 - Jul 6 with 2901 viewsHayesender

I know there's so many children the world over suffering this bastard of a disease, but this story has really tugged on the heartstrings.

Just watched a video of Jermain Defoe talking about his closeness to the poor kid. Tears streaming 😢😢😢

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 21:07 - Jul 6 with 2797 viewsted_hendrix

I've become embroiled in the Charlie Gard story who's parents have again lost a court battle to keep the poor little fella alive.
For some reason I've been following the court cases since day one, I'll never for the life of me understand how parents go through these situations and how they deal with it.
This can be a cruel and viscous world at times, my utmost respect goes to Jermain Defoe too.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 21:25 - Jul 6 with 2770 viewsdavman

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 21:07 - Jul 6 by ted_hendrix

I've become embroiled in the Charlie Gard story who's parents have again lost a court battle to keep the poor little fella alive.
For some reason I've been following the court cases since day one, I'll never for the life of me understand how parents go through these situations and how they deal with it.
This can be a cruel and viscous world at times, my utmost respect goes to Jermain Defoe too.

Non parents (and some parents) may not get this, but if I had to call time on my boy for something like this, I think I'd like to join him...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 21:26 - Jul 6 with 2769 viewskingsburyR

I for one will cry when the time come. The little fella has been an inspiration.

God bless him and his family.

And Jermaine Defoe, I doff my cap to you sir.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 21:31 - Jul 6 with 2753 viewsBrightonhoop

Amazingly tough kid and he just smiles through it all. Rotten for the fmily.

Massive respect to Defoe too.
Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 06:26 - Jul 7 with 2590 viewsPlanetHonneywood

It's sad in a way, that we only see the best of humanity at times of adversity. Imagine if our best was what we lead with from the moment we got out of bed!

The thing about these two lads, has been their sincereity. Little Bradley has been a star, I hope his family and JD never lose that infectious smile from their hearts. But what has been equally joyous to witness, is Jermaine's genuine heartfelt involvement. Good goes around, and all concerned will have earned it when it comes to visit them.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 16:11 - Jul 7 with 2386 viewsPhildo

Little Bradley has passed away. RIP. So choked up about this little lad.
Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 16:12 - Jul 7 with 2375 viewsessextaxiboy

Little fella has gone , What a fighter, RIP x
Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 16:14 - Jul 7 with 2359 viewspaesanu

Nice little video montage here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39883344

Seemed a great little kid, rest in peace

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 16:18 - Jul 7 with 2336 viewspaulparker

Tragic

what a lovely brave little kid though he had an infectious smile that would light up a room
gutted for his parents, RIP

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 16:18 - Jul 7 with 2336 viewskingsburyR

I cried. No more pain for him now.

God Bless you little man. Up with the angels now.

R.I.P.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 16:24 - Jul 7 with 2310 viewsloftboy

Sitting on a bench opposite city airport with tears following my down my cheeks, RIP little man

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Bradley Lowery: Terminally ill Sunderland fan and Jermain Defoe on 16:30 - Jul 7 with 2282 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The poor pet. Hope there's another life for him now. One where he gets to eat all the junk he wants and play all the games he wants and one where Sunderland are the best team in the World.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024