Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Video technology 22:15 - Mar 28 with 2590 viewstraininvain

Thought I'd be in favour but can safely say I'm well against having just watched the France vs Spain game in which it was trialled.

Slows the game right down, kills the atmosphere etc.

I'd rather just have the odd mistake than disrupt the game so much.
Video technology on 22:26 - Mar 28 with 2244 viewsLblock

I only saw a bit of this game but based on what I did see I disagree

Greaseman's goal was correctly ruled out for offside.
If it had been a winner in a huge final then it would've rumbled for ever.

On or offside
In or out the box
On or over the line

They will do for me.

Everything else you run with
I would like to see a standard 8 game ban for diving on video evidence, 16 games if they are Chelscum

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Video technology on 22:30 - Mar 28 with 2245 viewsFDC

I'm all for using video to retrospectively punish players for cheating, that's a no brainer really if FIFA or the FA really want to stamp out diving etc.

But other in game decisions are different, partly because of the flow of the game but also because controversy and injustice is part of the drama!
Video technology on 23:30 - Mar 28 with 2197 viewsTW_R

Wow - I don't understand how anyone could be well against the technology after that game. One goal incorrectly given and one incorrectly ruled out would have meant a 1-1 result, instead of 2-0 to Spain. If you count that as "an odd mistake" then I'd hate to know what a glaring error looks like.
Video technology on 23:48 - Mar 28 with 2181 viewsbob566

Video technology on 23:30 - Mar 28 by TW_R

Wow - I don't understand how anyone could be well against the technology after that game. One goal incorrectly given and one incorrectly ruled out would have meant a 1-1 result, instead of 2-0 to Spain. If you count that as "an odd mistake" then I'd hate to know what a glaring error looks like.

Exactly. If that's the playoff final it's cost a team 200 million
Video technology on 00:32 - Mar 29 with 2156 viewsFredManRave

Will take some getting used to if the delay is going to be that long;

[Post edited 29 Mar 2017 0:32]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Video technology on 01:03 - Mar 29 with 2139 viewsDannyPaddox

Any introduction of technology that allows the French to dance around for minutes on end before being told they have 'Jacques Merde' is okay by me. Hope this doesn't have long term effects on the spontaneity of the goal celebration in general though.
Video technology on 01:05 - Mar 29 with 2135 viewskensalriser

Video technology on 23:48 - Mar 28 by bob566

Exactly. If that's the playoff final it's cost a team 200 million

Yeah, but not every club has a Tony Fernandes.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Video technology on 01:07 - Mar 29 with 2135 viewsFredManRave

Video technology on 01:03 - Mar 29 by DannyPaddox

Any introduction of technology that allows the French to dance around for minutes on end before being told they have 'Jacques Merde' is okay by me. Hope this doesn't have long term effects on the spontaneity of the goal celebration in general though.

What they should do is as soon as a goal is scored the players and fans should all do a mannequin challenge until difinitive confirmation from the ref that it was infact a goal and only then can they party like it's 1999.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

Video technology on 01:12 - Mar 29 with 2130 viewsbob566

After watching that clip it made no difference to time in play
Video technology on 02:51 - Mar 29 with 2103 viewsBoston

I was dead against video replays, but the fck ups are making a mockery of the game. Like to see it used for a lot more retro disciplinary action as well.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Video technology on 07:38 - Mar 29 with 2008 viewsdaveB

didn't seem to take any time at all, would have taken longer for Spain to chase the ref claiming offside
Video technology on 07:45 - Mar 29 with 1993 viewstraininvain

Video technology on 01:12 - Mar 29 by bob566

After watching that clip it made no difference to time in play

It took a few mins which is too long. Possibly teething problems but based upon what I saw from watching the game last night I'd need some convincing that we will not end up with a rugby type situation whereby every try is met with near silence until the ref confirms it.
Video technology on 08:23 - Mar 29 with 1950 viewsKonk

We had a goal not given against Leeds at home the other night — within a few minutes, people around me were being sent links to replays on SSN, which clearly showed the ball a foot over the line. It seemed ridiculous that everyone in the ground knew for a fact within minutes, SSN knew straight away, and yet the officials weren’t allowed to take advantage of the technology. I’d save it for goal line incidents rather than corners and the likes, but that should have been three points to us and none to Leeds.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Video technology on 08:47 - Mar 29 with 1927 viewssimmo

Video technology on 08:23 - Mar 29 by Konk

We had a goal not given against Leeds at home the other night — within a few minutes, people around me were being sent links to replays on SSN, which clearly showed the ball a foot over the line. It seemed ridiculous that everyone in the ground knew for a fact within minutes, SSN knew straight away, and yet the officials weren’t allowed to take advantage of the technology. I’d save it for goal line incidents rather than corners and the likes, but that should have been three points to us and none to Leeds.

We've had the same thing this season, there was also an incident in another game (can't remember which one) where they showed it on the big screen straight after and the players were asking the ref to look up and see for himself but he just refused.

Goal line tech has been a massive success in the PL and is with us next season (thank fck), but extending vid refs for everything including offsides seems a bit much and I think it will slow things down, rugby league can be bad for that where they send everything up to the vid ref 'just in case' they're wrong and don't make use of it.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Video technology on 09:18 - Mar 29 with 1897 viewspaulparker

who cares

im with the OP its just another new thing introduced for "modern football" that is going to make the game even more vvankey than it already is

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Video technology on 09:30 - Mar 29 with 1881 viewsstevec

Video technology on 09:18 - Mar 29 by paulparker

who cares

im with the OP its just another new thing introduced for "modern football" that is going to make the game even more vvankey than it already is

and if Clint Hill's goal at Bolton had been given it would have taken all the drama out that last game and we wouldn't still be talking about it.

Football at its best is an adrenaline rush, not a video game.
Video technology on 09:35 - Mar 29 with 1874 viewssimmo

Video technology on 09:30 - Mar 29 by stevec

and if Clint Hill's goal at Bolton had been given it would have taken all the drama out that last game and we wouldn't still be talking about it.

Football at its best is an adrenaline rush, not a video game.

Goal line technology has been an unmitigated success at Premier League level and should have been adopted ages ago across all leagues. I don't see how use of technology to help keep up with a game that's so vastly different to 20-30 years ago makes it 'wánkey'

Video technology on 09:43 - Mar 29 with 1865 viewsstevec

Video technology on 09:35 - Mar 29 by simmo

Goal line technology has been an unmitigated success at Premier League level and should have been adopted ages ago across all leagues. I don't see how use of technology to help keep up with a game that's so vastly different to 20-30 years ago makes it 'wánkey'

I didn't say it was 'wan key'

Incidentally, how do you do a french accent over the a ?
Video technology on 10:55 - Mar 29 with 1782 viewssimmo

Video technology on 09:43 - Mar 29 by stevec

I didn't say it was 'wan key'

Incidentally, how do you do a french accent over the a ?

Well no, PP did and I clicked reply to the wrong post - although you seemed to concur with what he was saying?

Alt GR + letter - it works a fúckin treat.

Video technology on 11:02 - Mar 29 with 1776 viewsJuzzie

I'm all for it.

This odd mistake caused us to be effectively punished 6 or 7 times for something that should have been given offside in the first place.

As other's have said, a mistake could cost a team £millions so it has to be right.

I didn't see the France v Spain game but as with most new things it takes a while to bed in and I'm sure (hope!) that once everyone's used to it things will get better.
Video technology on 11:55 - Mar 29 with 1739 viewskarl

Interesting one will be if a ball is played through and lino puts up flag but the player he flags offside bangs in a goal as the defender/keeper has maybe glanced the flag and put in a half hearted challenge, studying the replay and he's onside but what can you do?
Probably routine will eventually mean that in 5 years everyone will have learnt to 'play the whistle' and see out a move till its finish but first of all there will be a lot of controversy over areas like that imo
Video technology on 12:23 - Mar 29 with 1715 viewsstevec

Video technology on 10:55 - Mar 29 by simmo

Well no, PP did and I clicked reply to the wrong post - although you seemed to concur with what he was saying?

Alt GR + letter - it works a fúckin treat.

á

it does indeed, cheers.

Actually, don't mind goal line techno, more concerned about type of stuff that has spectators gawping up at a screen waiting for a decision for what seems like an eternity.
Video technology on 12:39 - Mar 29 with 1696 viewssimmo

Video technology on 12:23 - Mar 29 by stevec

á

it does indeed, cheers.

Actually, don't mind goal line techno, more concerned about type of stuff that has spectators gawping up at a screen waiting for a decision for what seems like an eternity.

Agree, I don't want the cricket or rugby league version of a review team repalying things endlessly and then revealing a decision, certainly not something as low level or common as an offside.

That said if they can apply it to major decisions and reduce the wait time to close to the goal line decision speed, it's well worth it and probably really needed given the speed of the game.

Video technology on 16:29 - Mar 29 with 1578 viewsRANGERS4EVER

For the amount of crap decisions gone against us in the past, I find it hard how anyone can go against it. I'm all for 30 seconds of wasted time if it meant Ashley Young was rightly given a yellow for diving on the Derry challenge, instead of us being down to 10 and a wrongful penalty within five mins of the game.

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Video technology on 17:51 - Mar 29 with 1540 viewsqprjeff1882

As i understand it, it will only be used for potential offsides that lead to a goal and penalty decisions. More often than not the same if not mote time is wasted by players hounding the referee so getting these decisions right will only benefit the game. And will stop the same old players giving iy large and abusing the ref.! Been saying this should happen for years and at minimal cost too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024