Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election? 10:30 - Apr 18 with 36918 viewsElHoop

What's May up to? - Downing St 11.15am.
General Election? on 22:55 - Apr 18 with 2042 views2Thomas2Bowles

General Election? on 22:52 - Apr 18 by Hunterhoop

Bri, not that I don't believe you, but have you got any links giving further detail on this story?

Assuming it's true, it not being reported in mainstream media is absolutely shocking. And it's shows beyond all doubt how the electorate's "opinions" are controlled by media outlets.

Electoral fraud, by the governing party, in the U.K. should be a much bigger story than a snap election!

You only have to look at how the press treated JC over the Labour elections to see how biased the press is.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

General Election? on 22:56 - Apr 18 with 2040 viewsessextaxiboy

General Election? on 22:42 - Apr 18 by BrianMcCarthy

I believe you that that is your opinion, but the CPS are in fact talking about election fraud, there is actually a possibility of 30 MP's losing their and/or the possibility of them being disqualified from being MP's even if the constituency results are upheld.

It was announced today that all of the above are live issues and must now be closed out before the 8th June due to the newly-announced General Election.

I have no idea, none of us have any idea what the Tories' motivation for calling a General Election now but it does seem at the very least fortuitous that this snap decision which was up until recently denounced as insulting to democracy will now lead to the end of any possibility of the Tories losing their majority due to the CPS's election fraud investigations and will also neatly truncate 30 investigations that could end up in criminal charges.

Why are none of the broadcast media speaking about it today ?

She has a slender majority , she is thrashing everyone in the polls and is going for a big majority and an extra 2 years .

She actually is risking candidates being indicted during the campaign . .

I only ever post my opinion and I am not afraid of being wrong . If this theory gathers legs over the next few days I will concede it .
General Election? on 23:01 - Apr 18 with 2023 viewsessextaxiboy

General Election? on 22:37 - Apr 18 by FDC

As an aspiring political journalist you seem to have already picked up the bad habit of reporting on other reporters

I am 56 mate , that ship has sailed ...
General Election? on 23:04 - Apr 18 with 2011 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bri, not that I don't believe you, but have you got any links giving further detail on this story?

Assuming it's true, it not being reported in mainstream media is absolutely shocking. And it's shows beyond all doubt how the electorate's "opinions" are controlled by media outlets.

Electoral fraud, by the governing party, in the U.K. should be a much bigger story than a snap election!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-election-fraud-prosecutions-c

This is where I read it, Hunter.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

General Election? on 23:05 - Apr 18 with 2000 viewsessextaxiboy

General Election? on 22:52 - Apr 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

It's very much a tory press, that's why they won't be talking about it as the reason.

Its not the press, but all of the broadcast media that I have heard .
General Election? on 23:06 - Apr 18 with 1991 viewsBrianMcCarthy

General Election? on 22:56 - Apr 18 by essextaxiboy

Why are none of the broadcast media speaking about it today ?

She has a slender majority , she is thrashing everyone in the polls and is going for a big majority and an extra 2 years .

She actually is risking candidates being indicted during the campaign . .

I only ever post my opinion and I am not afraid of being wrong . If this theory gathers legs over the next few days I will concede it .

And my post wasn't arguing with you, Essex, just pointing out that while we are all naturally reduced to guessing there are plenty motivations for the Tories in every direction. We'll never know why they called it.

General Election? on 23:08 - Apr 18 with 1986 views2Thomas2Bowles

General Election? on 23:05 - Apr 18 by essextaxiboy

Its not the press, but all of the broadcast media that I have heard .

Ok media of which the BBC is among the worst.

General Election? on 23:09 - Apr 18 with 1986 viewsjohncharles

General Election? on 19:05 - Apr 18 by essextaxiboy

I have watched BBC, Sky and listened to LBC and none have even mentioned the police investigations as a reason.

A resounding win now in those constituencies without a battle bus visit would snuff that one out too

Check Brian's link down the page

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

General Election? on 23:11 - Apr 18 with 1978 views2Thomas2Bowles

I think it was reported somewhere that the BBC biased against JC on their reporting was around 70/30

General Election? on 23:16 - Apr 18 with 1952 viewsFredManRave

General Election? on 22:53 - Apr 18 by PunteR

So sick of politics..

That's why they invented the Frankie Thread, mate.

I'm sure somebody on here asked fairly recently if it was posible to be non political.

Take it from me, it is.

Maybe I'll start a non political thread...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

General Election? on 23:21 - Apr 18 with 1937 viewsessextaxiboy

General Election? on 23:09 - Apr 18 by johncharles

Check Brian's link down the page

I read that a few hrs ago , there is a piece in Mirror online also
That is why all of my posts say broadcast media .
General Election? on 23:22 - Apr 18 with 1932 viewsjohncharles

General Election? on 23:11 - Apr 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I think it was reported somewhere that the BBC biased against JC on their reporting was around 70/30

Quite a bit on the BBC tonight about how Labour can't win with Jeremy Corbyn. They only mention him to slag him off.

General Election? on 23:24 - Apr 18 with 1929 viewsBrightonhoop

Michael Crichtonof C4 News hasbeen ursuing it since the last election.

Huff Post finally caught u tonight. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tory-expenses-investigation-general-electi

The strictly impartial BBC broadcasting on behalf of the Conservative Party chose not to report.
General Election? on 23:24 - Apr 18 with 1924 views2Thomas2Bowles

General Election? on 23:22 - Apr 18 by johncharles

Quite a bit on the BBC tonight about how Labour can't win with Jeremy Corbyn. They only mention him to slag him off.

Yep

General Election? on 23:28 - Apr 18 with 1913 viewsBrightonhoop

General Election? on 23:16 - Apr 18 by FredManRave

That's why they invented the Frankie Thread, mate.

I'm sure somebody on here asked fairly recently if it was posible to be non political.

Take it from me, it is.

Maybe I'll start a non political thread...

FredMan. Meant to thank you for the ex-pat hightlights. Pls keep them coming.
General Election? on 23:31 - Apr 18 with 1900 viewsHunterhoop

General Election? on 23:04 - Apr 18 by BrianMcCarthy

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-election-fraud-prosecutions-c

This is where I read it, Hunter.

Cheers, Bri. Pretty damning if the evidence submitted supports the claim. It's clear electoral fraud. Breaking rules to gain a clear advantage in local, close fought seats, where man power on the ground and resources are crucial.
General Election? on 23:37 - Apr 18 with 1885 viewsBrightonhoop

Essentially, her majority was about to get nicked. Helping the police with their Enquiries.
She was like a rash all over the pro Euro camp.
Swore no GE until 2020 and a snap Election would be disruptive to Brexit after switching horses. Again.
Now the press are saying it's the fault of the Remoaners....
And now she says 'Honest guv....'
u-turn spinning tele tubby. She cannot even control the rump arse end of the Conservative Party let alone run the country.
And Corbyn aint fit. Laughable. If only the UK could see itself in a mirror. Nothing vital to any debate is being reported. And it is noted globally.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 23:41]
General Election? on 00:29 - Apr 19 with 1839 viewsessextaxiboy

General Election? on 23:08 - Apr 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Ok media of which the BBC is among the worst.

Ironically the election expenses have just appeared on the BBC news website
General Election? on 00:32 - Apr 19 with 1835 viewsessextaxiboy

General Election? on 23:06 - Apr 18 by BrianMcCarthy

And my post wasn't arguing with you, Essex, just pointing out that while we are all naturally reduced to guessing there are plenty motivations for the Tories in every direction. We'll never know why they called it.

I know you are not an enthusiastic debater Brian . I feel a bit guilty replying and challenging you TBH .

My point is that the reasons sometimes are just the plain obvious ones .
General Election? on 00:48 - Apr 19 with 1823 viewsTacticalR

General Election? on 23:24 - Apr 18 by Brightonhoop

Michael Crichtonof C4 News hasbeen ursuing it since the last election.

Huff Post finally caught u tonight. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tory-expenses-investigation-general-electi

The strictly impartial BBC broadcasting on behalf of the Conservative Party chose not to report.

Do you mean Michael Crick?

One thing that is mentioned in Tim Shipman's All Out War - How Brexit Sank Britain's Political Class (2016) is that these people all know each other well:

'Theresa May had been thinking about the top job since her days at Oxford University, where she was a contemporary of a group of future Conservative politicians that included Philip Hammond, Alan Duncan, Damian Green and Colin Moynihan, as well as the television journalist Michael Crick. May studied Geography, and was the tutorial partner of Alicia Collinson, who went on to become a barrister and Mrs Damian Green. The young Theresa Brasier was eighteen and in her first term when she told Collinson she wanted to be prime minister. Another leading light in the Oxford University Conservative Association (OUCA) was Philip May, who would be introduced to Theresa by Benazir Bhutto, the future prime minister of Pakistan. Philip May was also friends with Richard Harrington, who later became a Home Office minister under Theresa. Harrington has told friends, 'Philip was the person we actually thought would be PM — the first election campaign I got involved in was Philip against Alan Duncan.' In turn, Michael Crick used to address Duncan as 'Alan Duncan: head boy, president, prime minister' — the third prediction of which he has not wholly abandoned hopes of fulfilling. Philip Hammond was not involved in politics at the time, but he knew Damian Green through mutual friends. Green, Philip May, Alan Duncan and Michael Crick were all presidents of the Oxford Union, the debating kindergarten for future leaders.'

Air hostess clique

General Election? on 01:38 - Apr 19 with 1799 viewsjohncharles

General Election? on 23:31 - Apr 18 by Hunterhoop

Cheers, Bri. Pretty damning if the evidence submitted supports the claim. It's clear electoral fraud. Breaking rules to gain a clear advantage in local, close fought seats, where man power on the ground and resources are crucial.

14 Police forces and the CPS are taking it seriously.

General Election? on 07:55 - Apr 19 with 1694 viewsBrianMcCarthy

General Election? on 00:32 - Apr 19 by essextaxiboy

I know you are not an enthusiastic debater Brian . I feel a bit guilty replying and challenging you TBH .

My point is that the reasons sometimes are just the plain obvious ones .

No bother at all my man. I'm a very enthusiastic debator (there's a masturbator joke in there somewhere!), I just wasn't arguing with you on this point as it would only involve me mind-reading. I was just pointing out what you have said since - that there are many possible reasons.

General Election? on 07:55 - Apr 19 with 1692 views2Thomas2Bowles

General Election? on 00:29 - Apr 19 by essextaxiboy

Ironically the election expenses have just appeared on the BBC news website

But you can only find it if you google it, try finding it from the front page of the website or the politics page.

Buried.

General Election? on 07:58 - Apr 19 with 1687 viewsElHoop

General Election? on 01:38 - Apr 19 by johncharles

14 Police forces and the CPS are taking it seriously.

C4 news have been banging on about his for some time now - they consider it to effectively be an exclusive I think. They asked Farage about it at one point as he seemed to be one of the main victims of the cheating. He didn't seemed that bothered about it - was happy to let the legal process deal with it or not, as the case may be. The thing is, whilst the Tories have been naughty boys, what could they do to them - fine them? Make them replay the election in those seats? - they've now done that voluntarily anyway. They can get out of any old mess at the moment by fighting an election - an option which a ruling party at this stage of its life normally doesn't have, because they are normally too unpopular. Few ruling parties are at this point in a better position than they were at the last election. It's not as if this is a particularly brilliant government - bang average I would say, on a good day. It's the pathetic opposition which gives them their lead - so they can do what they want and are doing what they want, because they can. Things like electoral misdemeanours can be brushed off - it's no inconvenience to them - they have too many options to worry about it.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2017 8:00]
General Election? on 08:00 - Apr 19 with 1682 viewsBrianMcCarthy

General Election? on 23:31 - Apr 18 by Hunterhoop

Well it's clearly an investigation into fraud, or otherwise the police and the criminal prosecution service wouldn't be involved. If it was merely about expenses then it would be a petty matter for the Revenue and/or the electoral commission.

Whether, as you say, the evidence supports the claim is another matter. Or, more pertinently now it seems, whether it will by the new and false deadline of 8th June.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024