Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford Match Thread 08:51 - Apr 22 with 15995 viewsDorse

I have no idea about this one (and my record for starting match threads is frankly atrocious- I'm beginning to think I'm a bit of a Jonah).

If Hall and Onouha aren't fit, we are going to see another bodge job at the back, in which case we're unlikely to keep them out for more than about 10 minutes.

I'd like to see us start with Freeman, Manning and Luongo because their work rate as a trio is likely to be a factor. If we go for a 433 then how about:
Smithies
Furlong Perch Lynch Bidwell (assuming Ned and Hall are out)
Freeman Luongo Manning
Yeni Smith Lua Lua

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Brentford Match Thread on 09:18 - Apr 22 with 3790 viewsfrancisbowles

Not a bad shout but I would rather see Wsolek in for Yenni. Better work rate and protection for Furlong as well as added width.
Brentford Match Thread on 09:19 - Apr 22 with 3790 viewsterryb

I won't try to name one of the selected eleven!

The train from Ipswich leaves at 10.40 & I aim to be walking out of Kew Bridge station at 1.00

Will the trip be worthwhile? Will we be leaving the ground before ninety minutes?

This is Queens Park Rangers so anything may happen, but I don't think we can be worse than we were in the home game!
Brentford Match Thread on 09:35 - Apr 22 with 3756 viewsDorse

Brentford Match Thread on 09:18 - Apr 22 by francisbowles

Not a bad shout but I would rather see Wsolek in for Yenni. Better work rate and protection for Furlong as well as added width.

Good call FB - wasn't sure he was fit tbh. I know 442 is some sort of footballing anathema these days but Wzsolek would be fantastic playing wide with two front men to aim at.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Brentford Match Thread on 10:55 - Apr 22 with 3680 viewsCFW

Hey Dorse you are no Jonah - it is quite simple and I have been banging on about this for the past three seasons - we are totally unable to keep a clean sheet. So with that going on week after week we are always under pressure and especially now that the goals (Rotherham apart) have dried up we are in trouble.

It makes no difference if hall and Ned are fit or not we still let one or two in every game and I really cannot see this being any different. No one has any idea what team he will play or what formation - trouble is nor do our players.

I am off to play golf this afternoon and see my golf and my team in both the same way - currently awful!!!

Really, really hope I am wrong but we are going to get done again.

Enjoy the game boys.
Brentford Match Thread on 11:09 - Apr 22 with 3667 viewsLongsufferingR

Can't really see past a home win but what I really don't want to see again is Wszolek, Lua Lua, Ngbakoto and Washington all on the bench again while Mackie and Petrasso start. If we do end up losing, let's at least do it without surrendering as soon as the team sheets are handed in.
Brentford Match Thread on 11:27 - Apr 22 with 3617 viewsPlanetHonneywood

It's times like this, that Caulker moves from being a cash luxury to a money seeping haemorrhage!

Out of interest, put a figure on how much he, JET, Morrison and Henry are costing us per week? Four blokes nowhere near the first team for a range of reasons (addiction, application, attitude and aptitude respectively).

£50k p.w.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Brentford Match Thread on 11:28 - Apr 22 with 3614 viewsCFW

Brentford Match Thread on 11:09 - Apr 22 by LongsufferingR

Can't really see past a home win but what I really don't want to see again is Wszolek, Lua Lua, Ngbakoto and Washington all on the bench again while Mackie and Petrasso start. If we do end up losing, let's at least do it without surrendering as soon as the team sheets are handed in.

Just had a quick look at the stats - so far this season in the Championship we have played 43 games and only kept 6 clean sheets (also remember two of these were in our first two matches), only 8 draws and 16 times two or more goals against us. That is not very good and no improvement.
Brentford Match Thread on 12:15 - Apr 22 with 3551 viewsTacticalR

We need someone on Ryan Woods to stop him pinging out passes from the back.

That will help us keep our sheets clean.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Brentford Match Thread on 12:28 - Apr 22 with 3525 viewsderbyhoop

Brentford Match Thread on 11:27 - Apr 22 by PlanetHonneywood

It's times like this, that Caulker moves from being a cash luxury to a money seeping haemorrhage!

Out of interest, put a figure on how much he, JET, Morrison and Henry are costing us per week? Four blokes nowhere near the first team for a range of reasons (addiction, application, attitude and aptitude respectively).

£50k p.w.

More like £75k per week. I believe Caulker, alone, was on around £42K. He may have had to suffer (sic!) a drop alongside our drop from the PL.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Brentford Match Thread on 12:48 - Apr 22 with 3487 viewsFredManRave

Imagine how much prematch training the Bees will have had to do this week in an attempt to predict and realise a game plan for the 27 possible team selection and formation that we may choose to play today. They'll be both pphysically and mentally knackered before kick off.

4-0 Rangers.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Brentford Match Thread on 12:54 - Apr 22 with 3477 viewsdavman

Logic, form and head says defeat - 2 or 3 to nil.

But that hope remains. Just one point and a Blackburn defeat will do today PLEASE!!!!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Brentford Match Thread on 12:57 - Apr 22 with 3468 viewsPunteR

On train now. I've got 100% record for away matches this season. .. we beat Reading.
Going for 2-3 Rangers.

Why not?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Brentford Match Thread on 13:12 - Apr 22 with 3437 viewsFredManRave

Imagine how much prematch training the Bees will have had to do this week in an attempt to predict and realise a game plan for the 27 possible team selection and formation that we may choose to play today. They'll be both pphysically and mentally knackered before kick off.

4-0 Rangers.

I've got the Power.

Brentford Match Thread on 13:15 - Apr 22 with 3429 viewsFredManRave

Just woken up.

3-1 Brentford.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 13:22]

I've got the Power.

Brentford Match Thread on 13:18 - Apr 22 with 3418 viewsbosh67

we have to get something out of today. Wolves have nothing to play for and will be on the beach. Blackburn could certainly take them today so we have to get something out of the game today. It's pretty dreadful that after the international break we find ourselves back in this position. Ridiculous. Too many changes, poor tactics and players just not at it. Dreadful all round.

Rangers to win 3-1

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Brentford Match Thread on 13:21 - Apr 22 with 3412 viewsPunteR

Brentford Match Thread on 13:15 - Apr 22 by FredManRave

Just woken up.

3-1 Brentford.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 13:22]

Keep saying it enough times Fred it might actually happen!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Brentford Match Thread on 13:34 - Apr 22 with 3373 views2Thomas2Bowles

Brentford Match Thread on 13:18 - Apr 22 by bosh67

we have to get something out of today. Wolves have nothing to play for and will be on the beach. Blackburn could certainly take them today so we have to get something out of the game today. It's pretty dreadful that after the international break we find ourselves back in this position. Ridiculous. Too many changes, poor tactics and players just not at it. Dreadful all round.

Rangers to win 3-1

Maybe but NF against Reading is just as big for us
whisper it
*come on the fakes*

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Brentford Match Thread on 13:58 - Apr 22 with 3310 viewsdanehoop

Brentford Match Thread on 13:34 - Apr 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Maybe but NF against Reading is just as big for us
whisper it
*come on the fakes*

2-1 QPR. Just because we are so absolutely contrary at the moment that it would just be typical that we nick it by a spawn goal having been lightly fisted for the entire game.

Never knowingly understood

Brentford Match Thread on 14:07 - Apr 22 with 3256 views2Thomas2Bowles

Just seen the team and bench , only Furlong defender on the bench 3 wingers on the bench

No Hall
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 14:08]

Brentford Match Thread on 14:11 - Apr 22 with 3203 viewsWatford_Ranger

Brentford Match Thread on 14:07 - Apr 22 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Just seen the team and bench , only Furlong defender on the bench 3 wingers on the bench

No Hall
[Post edited 22 Apr 2017 14:08]

I quite like the team apart from Goss. Still left our best wide player by a mile on the bench but at least there are some fighters in there.
Brentford Match Thread on 14:11 - Apr 22 with 3195 viewssuperstan

Hoping Mackie will do a Bircham.
Brentford Match Thread on 14:15 - Apr 22 with 3153 viewsCopenranger

Brentford Match Thread on 12:57 - Apr 22 by PunteR

On train now. I've got 100% record for away matches this season. .. we beat Reading.
Going for 2-3 Rangers.

Why not?

I'm wearing my (hopefully) lucky QPR boxers today.
They have a 100% win rate as well. 1 wear, 1 win, so far (have been reluctant to wear them on matchdays since, to keep the record/dream alive) :)
1-0 us, late winner - GO ON SUPAHOOPED BOXERS!!
Brentford Match Thread on 14:19 - Apr 22 with 3126 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Felt a lot better before I saw the team.

Hall is a huge loss, and Manning and Wslowek are glaring omissions.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Brentford Match Thread on 14:20 - Apr 22 with 3112 views2Thomas2Bowles

Brentford Match Thread on 14:19 - Apr 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Felt a lot better before I saw the team.

Hall is a huge loss, and Manning and Wslowek are glaring omissions.

Hmmm that my thinking too.

Brentford Match Thread on 14:22 - Apr 22 with 3092 viewsFredManRave

Brentford Match Thread on 14:15 - Apr 22 by Copenranger

I'm wearing my (hopefully) lucky QPR boxers today.
They have a 100% win rate as well. 1 wear, 1 win, so far (have been reluctant to wear them on matchdays since, to keep the record/dream alive) :)
1-0 us, late winner - GO ON SUPAHOOPED BOXERS!!

There's only one thing for it. Punter has to wear your boxers to double our chances of winning.

I've got the Power.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024