Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. 17:54 - Apr 22 with 5609 viewsmarkrtid

That nearly everyone outside QPR sees him as a joke.

Personally, I love him as a person and he would be a great ambassador for the club but as Manager? He lost it when Kenny Jackett left. It all went downhill after that.
We need to talk about the Director of football. Why do we have one?
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 09:43 - Apr 24 with 1315 viewsaston_hoop

Anyone actually interested about which managers are willing to work under directors of football, heres a list of ones in the Premiership

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/13/premier-league-clubs-have-directo
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 9:44]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 09:58 - Apr 24 with 1287 viewsNortholt_Rs

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 22:35 - Apr 23 by DannytheR

This is proper broken record stuff.

Holloway was largely re-appointed to try to win back the fans who had spent the last 2 seasons complaining - often in very ugly terms, with some shining examples here - about Les' involvement in hiring his "mates" Ramsey and Hasselbaink. He was seen by *everyone* in the club hierarchy as the kind of manager who might bring back a feelgood factor, and also stop the poisonous accusations that surrounded every appointment Ferdinand was involved in.

If/when his time here ends (again), it reflects as much on the fans as anyone else. And if/when Ferdinand goes too, that means it's back to the unalloyed decision making brilliance of Tony Fernandes.

As a fanbase, we never did quite grasp "be careful what you wish for," did we?

But what other club would bring Holloway in as manager to appease the fans? I don't remember anybody saying we should re hire Holloway when he's been out of the game for two years and his previous stints were Palace and Millwall - both of which were disastrous. The current situation was entirely predictable. What pro club operates like that apart from us? I love your rose tinted view of life but for me it looks like we are in big trouble. Saturday was awful - again. If you were there you'll know exactly what I mean. Brentford murdered us and Holloway's response is "real QPR fans need to take the defeat by Brentford on the chin". Fück off!!!! Now we are left hoping we can get a point from the next two games to guarantee avoiding relegation to Div 1 or rely on other results going our way... It's a disastrous situation. You can't spin it any other way. The DOF, his THREE manager appointments and Holloway haven't worked have they? So why not be professional, move these failures on, and look to bring in capable pros who aren't former QPR players but who can do a job for us. If Huddersfield can do this then why can't we? We've lost 6 on the spin on only five occasions since the club was formed - two of them under Holloway this season. He'd be gone at any other club in the whole league with that record and we all know he'll never get another job as a football manager again. So does he. Fans highlighting this aren't traitors and shouldn't be pilloried for voicing their concerns or anger at the situation. It's simply stating fact. It's a mess.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 10:07 - Apr 24 with 1265 viewsJamesB1979

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 22:35 - Apr 23 by DannytheR

This is proper broken record stuff.

Holloway was largely re-appointed to try to win back the fans who had spent the last 2 seasons complaining - often in very ugly terms, with some shining examples here - about Les' involvement in hiring his "mates" Ramsey and Hasselbaink. He was seen by *everyone* in the club hierarchy as the kind of manager who might bring back a feelgood factor, and also stop the poisonous accusations that surrounded every appointment Ferdinand was involved in.

If/when his time here ends (again), it reflects as much on the fans as anyone else. And if/when Ferdinand goes too, that means it's back to the unalloyed decision making brilliance of Tony Fernandes.

As a fanbase, we never did quite grasp "be careful what you wish for," did we?

I really don't buy into this stuff that chaning a manager and/or DOF causes a club great harm. Yes it causes instability but it's the owners that cause the real damage. Get a bad one and you could be ruined. Listen to "getting to know the network" for Charlton or look at Coventry situation. Fernandes has made mistakes but he has also put significant amount of cash in and has not crippled the club with external debt. He's been wasteful, he's been naive but he has in my view always wanted best for club and supporters and not just a quick buck. If he sold up, we could get some hedge fund in or some owner who will drain us of all our good assets. So whilst, I don't think changing the manager again is a good idea and/or getting rid of DOF it would hardly be the end of us. Yet you can moan about Fernandes all you want but whilst he's still here, I'm confident that my club won't end up down the route of Charlton or Coventry.
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 10:11 - Apr 24 with 1254 viewsdaveB

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 09:43 - Apr 24 by aston_hoop

Anyone actually interested about which managers are willing to work under directors of football, heres a list of ones in the Premiership

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/13/premier-league-clubs-have-directo
[Post edited 24 Apr 2017 9:44]

clearly shows that most managers are happy to work under a DOF
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 10:41 - Apr 24 with 1202 viewsEpsomHoop

I was a season ticket for many years, along with the old man and this is the first season since I can remember that we didn't renew. We've not even been to one game this season and here's why...

Unfortunately for a long time now the club has been in an utter mess both on and off the pitch and there seems to be no sign of that ending. The price of the season tickets at five hundred odd quid for a decent seat isn't exactly cheap and most weeks we all sit there and all say that the standard of football is dross, normally from both teams but we seem to have a special talent of being just that little bit worse...

With all that combined and the fact your Saturday after a week of work is taken up to watch inept performances followed by an angry drive home in loads of traffic means for us at least that it's not worth it at the moment

We are paying punters at the end of the day. We go to football because we support our team yes, but at the end of the day we are there to be entertained and that word is absent from most performances we've put in over the last couple of years. There has been the odd game where I've thought, we've turned the corner, like Newcastle away but then we slide back into the same old routine

I know all the die hard fans will slag this off but you really have to ask yourself if all the time and money is worth it and if we stopped going, even for just one game, would that be the kick up the backside the club needs to really look at itself and sort out our problems

I love Holloway and I want him to succeed but apart from passion and love of the club I can't see how he can take this forward. Passion only gets you so far, evidently.

I think we'll stay up this season just, this year was always going to be a dangerous year for us and the people that say we have a good squad need to think again. A good squad doesn't lose a combined 12 games in a row and if there isn't a substantial change over the summer next season could be even worse

We're likely to renew next season, but if we don't show a little bit of ambition, or at least the ability to recognise that we need to sign a few 'good' players to at least make sure we're competitive and not in trouble again then it could be just going to a few games rather than commit to a season ticket. Especially if the prices remain the same, or god forbid go up in price
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 11:24 - Apr 24 with 1141 viewsloftus77

The extremely worrying thing for me is that this coming Saturday, between 1500 and 1700hrs, I will be a passionate Aston Villa fan praying for them not to lose a game of Association Football.

Nothing else matters.
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 11:41 - Apr 24 with 1108 viewssmegma

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 11:24 - Apr 24 by loftus77

The extremely worrying thing for me is that this coming Saturday, between 1500 and 1700hrs, I will be a passionate Aston Villa fan praying for them not to lose a game of Association Football.

Nothing else matters.

Our destiny is in our own hands. Rovers have to win both games while we lose both. I know which position I'd rather be in.
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 11:46 - Apr 24 with 1088 viewsisawqpratwcity

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 11:41 - Apr 24 by smegma

Our destiny is in our own hands. Rovers have to win both games while we lose both. I know which position I'd rather be in.

Depending on scores, it's possible that we could still go down even picking up a draw. Only at least two points would guarantee survival.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 11:57 - Apr 24 with 1049 views2Thomas2Bowles

Come 5pm on Saturday it will be peace and love to all or mayhem on here

Exciting innit

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024