Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. 17:54 - Apr 22 with 5649 viewsmarkrtid

That nearly everyone outside QPR sees him as a joke.

Personally, I love him as a person and he would be a great ambassador for the club but as Manager? He lost it when Kenny Jackett left. It all went downhill after that.
We need to talk about the Director of football. Why do we have one?
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 17:58 - Apr 22 with 4277 viewsBrianMcCarthy

And bad weather.

I hate bad weather.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 18:06 - Apr 22 with 4216 viewsmarkrtid

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 17:58 - Apr 22 by BrianMcCarthy

And bad weather.

I hate bad weather.

Ian Holloway and Ian McCaskill
Problem sorted.
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 18:39 - Apr 22 with 4099 viewsJeff

the *one* thing we absolutely, positively, definitely do NOT need to talk about (again) is why we have a director of football.

Do we *really* need to rehash the same conversation every time things get a bit sh*t on the pitch?

Can we not knock it?

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 18:45 - Apr 22 with 4057 viewsFDC

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 18:39 - Apr 22 by Jeff

the *one* thing we absolutely, positively, definitely do NOT need to talk about (again) is why we have a director of football.

Do we *really* need to rehash the same conversation every time things get a bit sh*t on the pitch?

Yes, yes apparently we do.
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 18:50 - Apr 22 with 4037 viewsTW_R

I think the loud pop I just heard was Clive's head exploding!
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 12:03 - Apr 23 with 3630 viewsmarkrtid

Yes I think we do actually. This season and last has hardly been great.
Maybe you are in the 'Bad day at the office' camp or the equally annoying 'Where are the Les haters now?' when things aren't so sht on the pitch.

Maybe Holloway was the only applicant willing to work with a DOF while others thought sod that!
I have no desire for premiership football just yet but we should be doing better than Burton?
Anyway, I have deep respect for those who have supported QPR home and away this season.
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 12:16 - Apr 23 with 3595 viewsTacticalR

Is that the same Burton who yesterday beat Leeds and put the kibosh on their play-off spot? The one that beat Huddersfield away at the beginning of April? The one that scored three goals against Brentford before that? The one that's taken four points off us?

I really don't think we should assume anything in this division, because if we do we are beaten before we start.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 12:17]

Air hostess clique

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 12:25 - Apr 23 with 3559 viewsmarkrtid

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 12:16 - Apr 23 by TacticalR

Is that the same Burton who yesterday beat Leeds and put the kibosh on their play-off spot? The one that beat Huddersfield away at the beginning of April? The one that scored three goals against Brentford before that? The one that's taken four points off us?

I really don't think we should assume anything in this division, because if we do we are beaten before we start.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 12:17]

Yes. That's the same Burton. How many are there?

And I assume we have under achieved.
Login to get fewer ads

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 12:59 - Apr 23 with 3470 viewsRBlock

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 12:03 - Apr 23 by markrtid

Yes I think we do actually. This season and last has hardly been great.
Maybe you are in the 'Bad day at the office' camp or the equally annoying 'Where are the Les haters now?' when things aren't so sht on the pitch.

Maybe Holloway was the only applicant willing to work with a DOF while others thought sod that!
I have no desire for premiership football just yet but we should be doing better than Burton?
Anyway, I have deep respect for those who have supported QPR home and away this season.

I did hear that actually Guardiola interviewed before Holloway, but he didn't get along with Evil Les so he thought fvck that.
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 13:20 - Apr 23 with 3396 viewsmarkrtid

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 12:59 - Apr 23 by RBlock

I did hear that actually Guardiola interviewed before Holloway, but he didn't get along with Evil Les so he thought fvck that.

Yeah, well good luck to you and your season ticket next year you dick.
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 17:28 - Apr 23 with 3186 viewsBoston

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 18:06 - Apr 22 by markrtid

Ian Holloway and Ian McCaskill
Problem sorted.

Don't be ridiculous man, it's not even windy, let alone a h....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 17:48 - Apr 23 with 3133 viewsjohncharles

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 13:20 - Apr 23 by markrtid

Yeah, well good luck to you and your season ticket next year you dick.

Words of wisdom
You must let me have the name of your charm school

Strong and stable my arse.

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 22:35 - Apr 23 with 2887 viewsDannytheR

This is proper broken record stuff.

Holloway was largely re-appointed to try to win back the fans who had spent the last 2 seasons complaining - often in very ugly terms, with some shining examples here - about Les' involvement in hiring his "mates" Ramsey and Hasselbaink. He was seen by *everyone* in the club hierarchy as the kind of manager who might bring back a feelgood factor, and also stop the poisonous accusations that surrounded every appointment Ferdinand was involved in.

If/when his time here ends (again), it reflects as much on the fans as anyone else. And if/when Ferdinand goes too, that means it's back to the unalloyed decision making brilliance of Tony Fernandes.

As a fanbase, we never did quite grasp "be careful what you wish for," did we?
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 22:54 - Apr 23 with 2828 viewsShotKneesHoop

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 12:25 - Apr 23 by markrtid

Yes. That's the same Burton. How many are there?

And I assume we have under achieved.

We went for a Burton.

One point out of a possible six.

Someone might called that under achieving - or shyte - your call.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 22:55 - Apr 23 with 2823 viewsVancouverHoop

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 22:35 - Apr 23 by DannytheR

This is proper broken record stuff.

Holloway was largely re-appointed to try to win back the fans who had spent the last 2 seasons complaining - often in very ugly terms, with some shining examples here - about Les' involvement in hiring his "mates" Ramsey and Hasselbaink. He was seen by *everyone* in the club hierarchy as the kind of manager who might bring back a feelgood factor, and also stop the poisonous accusations that surrounded every appointment Ferdinand was involved in.

If/when his time here ends (again), it reflects as much on the fans as anyone else. And if/when Ferdinand goes too, that means it's back to the unalloyed decision making brilliance of Tony Fernandes.

As a fanbase, we never did quite grasp "be careful what you wish for," did we?

Well exactly.

When the ancient Mayans went into battle they carried their emperor on an elevated throne at the head of the army. As soon as he was killed – which was generally quite quickly – everyone downed weapons and went home to appoint a new emperor. The modern football manager has very much the same role.
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 22:58 - Apr 23 with 2815 viewsShotKneesHoop

First rule -

What the phoook do we want to be as a club?

Second rule -

Don't go near 'Arry.

It will get better - because at least he's not here - he's sorting out Brum

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 23:13 - Apr 23 with 2772 viewscaliforniahoop

I like Ollie but he is dated, this is a good squad, should be in the top ten. What we need is a coach, not an old style football manager.

We need to look abroad for this type of coach , we have been lazy in our recruitment of managers, always gone for the obvious, the next choice has to be a left field appointment like, Hull, Southampton, Reading, Huddersfield etc, a shock, someone scouted!

Now it's time for the DOF to nail this, he has put together a decent squad, go and find the coach to put it together, this has to be YOUR decision not a bloody board decision, you are the football man, make the football decisions!!!

Get this wrong again, you have to be held accountable!
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 23:27 - Apr 23 with 2730 viewsBrightonhoop

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 17:58 - Apr 22 by BrianMcCarthy

And bad weather.

I hate bad weather.

When the olives just wont grow. We pray for bad weather. Farm soakings and agricultural water achieve fck all. And Charlie Austin doesn't make Southamptons bench. We rejoice. When the heavens open.
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 23:28 - Apr 23 with 2724 viewsPunteR

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 23:13 - Apr 23 by californiahoop

I like Ollie but he is dated, this is a good squad, should be in the top ten. What we need is a coach, not an old style football manager.

We need to look abroad for this type of coach , we have been lazy in our recruitment of managers, always gone for the obvious, the next choice has to be a left field appointment like, Hull, Southampton, Reading, Huddersfield etc, a shock, someone scouted!

Now it's time for the DOF to nail this, he has put together a decent squad, go and find the coach to put it together, this has to be YOUR decision not a bloody board decision, you are the football man, make the football decisions!!!

Get this wrong again, you have to be held accountable!

why should we be in the top 10?
Without looking at stats i'm pretty sure half the team has never played higher then mid table championship.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 23:30 - Apr 23 with 2718 viewsTacticalR

Is that the 'good squad' that suffered the worst ever home defeat in our history (prior to the arrival of Holloway)?

Air hostess clique

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 00:07 - Apr 24 with 2662 viewsBrightonhoop

And £4 Mil turns up for .... Les was 6. Joey Barton was £3.
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 01:06 - Apr 24 with 2594 viewscoolranger

There is a whole raft of English managers who can talk the hind legs off a donkey. And make a lucrative career out of it.

There is no doubt Ollie loves Rangers, he's a passionate guy and he's doing his absolute best, I'm sure of that. But at some point the results and performances speak for themselves.

This club has been spinning in circles for years. We want to play with the big boys, but whenever we do we usually get a bloody nose. Then we drop to the Championship, lose our best assets and usually attract players who like living in London but are arguably lucky to be with us OR often couldn't really care less.

There are some clubs in this country where players always run out well aware of the history, the expectation, the responsibility of doing your utmost to win every game and believing you can etc.

We are NOT one of those clubs. We lose far too may games. Far too many...22! It is why I am almost certain we'll lose perhaps 2-0 or 3-0 at Norwich. Why? Because that's what we do. Look at the records over many years.

This is not about Ollie. This is about far bigger issues than that.

It is about ...

1. Having a plan
2. Changing the loser culture
3. Inspiring the players and management we do have at the moment
4. Having the resources and the insight to change some key things at this club

I mean, let's say we survive this season... what is our plan for next season likely to be? Give Ollie £5 million to build a new squad...? C'mon for heaven's sake!

We are drifting. Let's beat Forest and then get out a blank sheet of paper and make some sort of plan, pleeeeez!

We need at least a point off Forest OR else we are in the lap of the Gods. Simple.
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 01:11 - Apr 24 with 2580 viewscaliforniahoop

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 23:28 - Apr 23 by PunteR

why should we be in the top 10?
Without looking at stats i'm pretty sure half the team has never played higher then mid table championship.

Look at every club above us, other than Newcastle, how many have players that have played football consistently above mid table?

The squad isn't being utilised.
the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 07:11 - Apr 24 with 2481 viewsPunteR

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 01:11 - Apr 24 by californiahoop

Look at every club above us, other than Newcastle, how many have players that have played football consistently above mid table?

The squad isn't being utilised.

Very true but we have no divine right to be in the top 10. It's a squad assembled by 2 inexperienced managers previous and just 6 months of Holloway. Smith, Goss and Freeman have only been here 2 and half months.
We seen flashes of potential. There's a good team there somewhere and I think Holloway should at least be given a pre season and a summer transfer.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

the worrying thing about Ian Holloway is.. on 08:22 - Apr 24 with 2397 viewsdaveB

sorry but we don't have a top 10 squad, nowhere near that good. We're a decent squad who should finish around mid table and were on target to do that before a dreadful run in recent weeks

I always think a manager needs a pre season to be judged and hopefully he has learnt a lot in the last few weeks about his squad and himself but safe to say the signs are not good
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024