Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maidenhead 02:50 - Apr 23 with 13522 viewsWindsorHoopMan

Went to Maidenhead United today. Stood on the terraces, drank lager, excellent day out with 3000 fans. Lost thou, which was pretty crap
Maidenhead on 03:56 - Apr 23 with 12387 viewsTrance_Trousers

Been doing it myself with Maidstone these last few years. "Real football, real fans"

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Maidenhead on 10:48 - Apr 23 with 12197 viewsGloucs_R

Slough in the play offs
Gloucester coming home in one year

Rangers looking less appealing every week

Poll: Are we staying up?

Maidenhead on 11:40 - Apr 23 with 12154 viewsqprphil

A great day out for this Ebbsfleet, QPR, fan, it goes down to the wire next week.
Maidenhead on 16:49 - Apr 23 with 12014 viewsRebalhoop

Maidenhead on 10:48 - Apr 23 by Gloucs_R

Slough in the play offs
Gloucester coming home in one year

Rangers looking less appealing every week

Piss poor game at Slough,should of been 3 or 4 up at half time,but took a last minute pen to rescue a point.
Maidenhead on 21:42 - Apr 23 with 11867 viewsBoston

Maidenhead every played with Minehead?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Maidenhead on 09:18 - Apr 24 with 11679 viewsDorse

I don't think Maidenhead will be as good since Lemmy died.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Maidenhead on 13:18 - Apr 25 with 11499 viewsTGRRRSSS

I went too, shame about the result but they've had a blinding season whatever happens.

Promoted if they beat Margate this weekend (Maidenhead that is)
Maidenhead on 13:39 - Apr 25 with 11461 viewsrunningman75

Has Theresa May ever been on the terraces as this is her constituency. At least we are allying our form having Michael Gove as a supporter.
Login to get fewer ads

Maidenhead on 14:59 - Apr 25 with 11422 viewshoof_hearted

The truth is that if football is mainly about meeting your mates, having a few beers and a laugh and having something to cheer on then non-league is the place to be. It's a simpler form of passing the time away without the extra admin and effort of watching the top 2 divisions. There's just something frowned upon and emotionally difficult about not sticking to one team for life.
Maidenhead on 07:01 - Apr 26 with 11275 viewsDWQPR

Maidenhead are managed by Alan Devonshire, ex-Wham and England. Always kept an eye on his managerial career as when I was a kid he was my Nan's next-door neighbour in Welland Gardens, Perivale. Always remember giving him a good ribbing when we beat them 3-0 on Boxing Day 1980 at LR. Bought both myself and my brother a football each that Xmas too, West Ham ones with the signatures of all the players, pretty much those ones who won the FA Cup that year. Went straight out and played football with them!

As a manager in non-league football he has been pretty impressive, managed Hampton and Richmond to the Conference South play-offs, then Braintree Town to promotion to the Conference and sustained them to the edges of the conference play-offs on the smallest budget in the league and also managed to get them into the FA Cup 1st round on a couple of occasions, and now with Maidenhead who have led the way all season. Hopefully they can finish the job on Saturday at lowly Margate.

Devonshire once told us he was on the books at Rangers as a kid, being brought up locally but because of his size as a kid was bombed out and was then signed by Palace before drifting into non-league I think with Southall before Wham signed him. Made his debut against Rangers in a league cup tie at Upton Park which Rangers won 2-0.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Maidenhead on 08:52 - Apr 26 with 11223 viewsTacticalR

Devonshire was a very stylish player.

Air hostess clique

Maidenhead on 11:36 - Apr 26 with 11157 viewsToast_R

I've been to see the Might Moles (Molesy FC) a couple of times in the Ryman's South division. Pretty awful football and the pitch is almost unplayable come Aprils o it's mainly balls over the top. Good club house though, cheap pints.

They actually had a good team last season in their maiden season in the division after promotion captained by Ray Lewington's son. However it appears most their good players had it away in the summer and they've struggled this season.
Maidenhead on 21:04 - Apr 26 with 11074 viewsqprphil

Maidenhead on 07:01 - Apr 26 by DWQPR

Maidenhead are managed by Alan Devonshire, ex-Wham and England. Always kept an eye on his managerial career as when I was a kid he was my Nan's next-door neighbour in Welland Gardens, Perivale. Always remember giving him a good ribbing when we beat them 3-0 on Boxing Day 1980 at LR. Bought both myself and my brother a football each that Xmas too, West Ham ones with the signatures of all the players, pretty much those ones who won the FA Cup that year. Went straight out and played football with them!

As a manager in non-league football he has been pretty impressive, managed Hampton and Richmond to the Conference South play-offs, then Braintree Town to promotion to the Conference and sustained them to the edges of the conference play-offs on the smallest budget in the league and also managed to get them into the FA Cup 1st round on a couple of occasions, and now with Maidenhead who have led the way all season. Hopefully they can finish the job on Saturday at lowly Margate.

Devonshire once told us he was on the books at Rangers as a kid, being brought up locally but because of his size as a kid was bombed out and was then signed by Palace before drifting into non-league I think with Southall before Wham signed him. Made his debut against Rangers in a league cup tie at Upton Park which Rangers won 2-0.

Devonshires comments after the game were awful, he called Ebbsfleet time wasters, a foul on the keeper for the second goal. I was behind the goal, the keeper went for a ball he couldn't reach, it fell to an Ebbsfleet player who dispatched it into the goal, highlights show this. TBH the ground itself is dangerous, no crush barriers, lumps of concrete on the floor, and down one side of the ground opposite to the stand, you couldn't get two people standing back to back.The Maidenhead fans behind the goal threw coins, spat at players, and threw a bottle, I've never witnessed that at a game before. I think the two strikers Tarpey and Marks, spent too much time diving around trying to win penalties. Maidenhead I believe have the highest number of penalties awarded in our division, thank goodness the ref was having none of their antics. Having said all that, they have had a great season.
Maidenhead on 13:34 - Apr 27 with 10949 viewsTGRRRSSS

Absolute nonsense about the Maidenhead fans, that goalie was a serious time waster and basically faked the so called coin, I was at that end, and whilst the crowd was excitable it wasn't badly behaved.

Ref was a joke at times

ASs for the ground, its non league it does need some work but will be adequate for the next level.
Maidenhead on 16:02 - Apr 27 with 10902 viewswindsorian

Maidenhead on 13:34 - Apr 27 by TGRRRSSS

Absolute nonsense about the Maidenhead fans, that goalie was a serious time waster and basically faked the so called coin, I was at that end, and whilst the crowd was excitable it wasn't badly behaved.

Ref was a joke at times

ASs for the ground, its non league it does need some work but will be adequate for the next level.

I was there too mate, the keeper,despite being pretty good didn't endear himself to the fans in the 2nd half. Coin never happened but there was a plastic glass thrown near to him. Biggest league crowd in their history, always going to be a dick amongst them somewhere.Fingers crossed for Saturday, wished I was going to Margate but stupidly I will be at Loftus Road.
Maidenhead on 17:33 - Apr 27 with 10862 viewsWatford_Ranger

I'm moving to Bracknell (God help me). Will have to check them out next season.
Maidenhead on 17:47 - Apr 27 with 10859 viewsHantsR

I once read that Maidenhead was a place where people strived to live without embarrassment by the name. Maybe something to do with the Spice Girls?
Maidenhead on 18:27 - Apr 27 with 10835 viewsqprphil

Maidenhead on 13:34 - Apr 27 by TGRRRSSS

Ref was a joke at times

I think most players, be it the keeper, or outfield player waste time just as Maidenhead did in the first half when 1-0 up. All refs at this level are poor I agree, but most supporters from a large range of clubs all say the same thing, Marks and Tarpey go down easily to try to get penalties, thankfully the ref was having none of it. I was at the Ebbsfleet End, about a dozen or so Maidenhead fans, not all youngsters I might add, wanted to fight anyone, one which did throw a bottle, I was standing there watching it, total morons. I also got called all sorts of names when leaving the ground, which too an old man like me was like water off a ducks back. The ground is dangerous, with uneven concrete, and no crush barriers.
For the last 3-4 seasons if my memory serves me right, Maidenhead only ever got between 300-600 supporters, so there must be a large following of we only go when their winning, which can bring in the wrong element sometimes.
Maidenhead on 18:47 - Apr 27 with 10828 viewsqprphil

Update, Maidenhead have put pictures of three men on their website, relating to incidents on Saturday.
Maidenhead on 13:26 - Apr 28 with 10712 viewsTGRRRSSS

I normally go to a couple of games per season. Your right not many really go for various reasons I'd imagine.

Loads of grounds at that level don't seem to have crush barriers etc.

No need for abuse of fans I agree, all I can say is that generally at that level I've found it pleasant, I guess for a big game many will be attracted who aren't always there just for the game.

It's a nice ground and suits it's level I agree it needs work but think your overplaying the problems
Maidenhead on 00:22 - Apr 29 with 10623 viewsWindsorHoopMan

The goalie looked like Serena Williams
Maidenhead on 10:16 - Apr 30 with 10504 viewsqprphil

Maidenhead on 00:22 - Apr 29 by WindsorHoopMan

The goalie looked like Serena Williams

Best keeper in this league, and the Conference Premier. Easily league standard, anyway congratulations to Maidenhead. We ( Ebbsfleet ) have a two leg play off against Hampton& Richmond, the first on Weds. I find the play offs a joke tbh,( something I've always said ) we finished 27 pts clear of them, how can that be right.?
Maidenhead on 20:51 - Apr 30 with 10412 viewsCamberleyR

Maidenhead on 10:16 - Apr 30 by qprphil

Best keeper in this league, and the Conference Premier. Easily league standard, anyway congratulations to Maidenhead. We ( Ebbsfleet ) have a two leg play off against Hampton& Richmond, the first on Weds. I find the play offs a joke tbh,( something I've always said ) we finished 27 pts clear of them, how can that be right.?

It's unfair, no doubt about that but everyone knows the rules when the season starts. It would be fairer if the runner-up got a bye straight to the final. In fact I'm surprised they haven't trialled something like that at that level.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Maidenhead on 11:40 - May 1 with 10310 viewsTGRRRSSS

Maidenhead on 16:02 - Apr 27 by windsorian

I was there too mate, the keeper,despite being pretty good didn't endear himself to the fans in the 2nd half. Coin never happened but there was a plastic glass thrown near to him. Biggest league crowd in their history, always going to be a dick amongst them somewhere.Fingers crossed for Saturday, wished I was going to Margate but stupidly I will be at Loftus Road.

I too was at Loftus Road, which is where I'd rather be all things considered, in any event they got the win and I look forward to a few decent games next season and all things going well a trip to Brisbane Road.
Maidenhead on 11:44 - May 1 with 10304 viewsTGRRRSSS

Maidenhead on 20:51 - Apr 30 by CamberleyR

It's unfair, no doubt about that but everyone knows the rules when the season starts. It would be fairer if the runner-up got a bye straight to the final. In fact I'm surprised they haven't trialled something like that at that level.

It is a bit unfair but I'd say the reason for this is simple, money money money. Too add to the farce both Hungerford and Poole (Who got into PO's) were told that their ground didn't hit the requirements to go up, Hungerford didn't make it anyway but seems silly for Poole to play unnecessarily
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024