Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter 09:03 - Apr 23 with 6115 viewshorshamHoop

"Thought next season would be very dangerous (being polite) for #QPR under Holloway, but short-term to be miles better than it's been. Poor."

Obviously he is not a Holloway fan.

I think we will stay up and that Tony will stick with Holloway but for how long depends on the start to the season, he will not want to see another long losing run.

Most of the players we have can comfortably compete at this level put probably not good enough to challenge for promotion. As Clive says, like so many of the better teams we need to be consistently playing the same way with the same nucleus of players . That will instil confidence and also be good to watch.

But nothing is that simple with our Ian and in true QPR fashion, the roller-coaster continues! After 30 odd years I should know and will continue to support whatever
Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 09:40 - Apr 24 with 1200 viewsqpr85

This board is actually a really good read most of the time.
But more recently I see post like this and I think actually this lot on here can argue in a phone box or will say anything to get a rise now way people can be this stupid blaming Olly or Sir Les.
Then i saw loads "relegation looming or better look over our shoulders" so now we have people calling for their heads again saying the way we are playing is unacceptable.
We have 3 games left and we've lost the last 3 when we are safe.

Do you all realise the season is over and​ are safe?? Have been for a while the players have already gone on holiday so Olly is seeing what he has to do to get next season sorted.
But that doesn't matter to LFW does it?? As long as you can moan and have a pop and a team that actually wants the best for QPR.

Unbelievable I've been reading this site less and less recently and now i think​ the time has come for me to move on I honestly hope some on here i see down the loft but all the horrible cliques i bid you good day
Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 09:43 - Apr 24 with 1187 viewsichbinnaughty

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 11:42 - Apr 23 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Funny how only a few weeks ago most were saying how much better we are under Olly, the football the team spirit everything really, Not sure what's gone wrong really and I don't blame Ollie completely for it. it's been more about the fact many of the players are just crap can't score despite loads of chances and can't defend.

Plus side has been Ollie getting in Freeman and Smith and giving Manning and Furlong starts they would never have got under JFH also Luo Luo could turn out to be a good player for us.

I accept results have not been good over all but is it all down to Ollie being crap.... NO

I think it's more to do with he got a few that we already knew were not any good playing up to the Rotherham game and those players thought the season is done and went back to type and on holiday.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2017 11:58]

"...it's been more about the fact many of the players are just crap..."

I just don't agree with this.
I personally think that there is a sizeable core of decent players who are definitely good enough to be pushing for a play-off challenge, minimum.

I think that half the squads in this league are the same.
I just think that THIS is where the difference is made. A decent manager will 'unlock' the potential to his squad; will build cohesion; will create a strong squad dynamic. This is what Chris Hughton has done at Brighton. Man for man, I don't look at their squad and think it is twice as good as ours (as the points tally suggests). I don't think there's much in it, at all.
But Hughton has been there longer, has had longer to sort the squad out (filling one or two holes, moving on one or two he recognises won't fit), and is clearly a very good manager.

When Ollie was appointed I thought then that it was a foolish move, and I still don't think he has enough about him to sort us out and build real momentum - like Warnock did with us.
Having said that, I can't think of (m)any managers that are out of work that I passionately think would be a real asset for us to go out and get.
Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 09:58 - Apr 24 with 1160 viewsHayesender

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 09:40 - Apr 24 by qpr85

But more recently I see post like this and I think actually this lot on here can argue in a phone box or will say anything to get a rise now way people can be this stupid blaming Olly or Sir Les.
Then i saw loads "relegation looming or better look over our shoulders" so now we have people calling for their heads again saying the way we are playing is unacceptable.

Do you all realise the season is over and​ are safe?? Have been for a while the players have already gone on holiday so Olly is seeing what he has to do to get next season sorted.
But that doesn't matter to LFW does it?? As long as you can moan and have a pop and a team that actually wants the best for QPR.

Unbelievable I've been reading this site less and less recently and now i think​ the time has come for me to move on I honestly hope some on here i see down the loft but all the horrible cliques i bid you good day

Will you still think the season is over and we're safe if we lose on Saturday and Blackburn win?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 10:07 - Apr 24 with 1156 viewsdaveB

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 09:58 - Apr 24 by Hayesender

Will you still think the season is over and we're safe if we lose on Saturday and Blackburn win?

I think they'll beat Villa next weekend so we will need something against Forest
Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 10:09 - Apr 24 with 1150 viewsJamesB1979

Agree Dave but think "something" means a win because 1 point is no good if blackburn win 2. Because we'd go into Norwich away knowing that blackburn could beat brentford and send us down.
Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 11:07 - Apr 24 with 1091 viewsNortholt_Rs

Cya

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 11:12 - Apr 24 with 1073 viewsJamesB1979

insightful and thought provoking. We've got 2 games left though and we've lost the last 6.
Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 12:27 - Apr 24 with 981 viewspaulparker

il chuck in my two penance worth

I don't think Olly will stay here either come the summer , this isn't the olly of old he seems to have lost the spark maybe something has happened at the club or at home , its a shame because he has done some good things ,

Hall at sweeper is a master stroke,
Smith is a good signing
he did get Washington scoring
he made Manning and Freeman into centre midfielders
the emergence of Furlong
he is almost there with Yenni

what he has ballsed up is the roating , yes in some games he went to match the oppo or keep them guessing and it did work for a while , but the constant tinkering must be making the players confused and unsettled because as a fanbase we don't know what our best team is one week to the next
its no coincidence that we played our best football with Pawel & Mackie on the flanks
for some reason we dropped them and it has turned into the long ball to smith for a flick on , its not working and it isn't pretty
Lynch & Bidwell have gone backwards after a good start under olly they seem to have less brain cells than the constant useless Perch , the problem is we don't have anyone to challenge them for a place and they know it

if and a big if olly can get through this season I hope and pray he gets his mojo back
and he can go out and get 2 centre backs and cover at both wing back positions, we are lacking width big time we have no outlet or creativity
maybe we need a good coach beside him a jackett, a McLaren hell what about mulansteen , someone to help him and ease the burden
because if he does go would you trust Les to get the appointment right ? and before everyone jumps on my back I love the fella but this is a bloke who gave us Ramsey and wanted to and probably wouldn't hesitate to appoint Sherwood

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 12:30 - Apr 24 with 966 viewsAntti_Heinola

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 10:07 - Apr 24 by daveB

I think they'll beat Villa next weekend so we will need something against Forest

If Birmingham lose one more we're safe because of GD.

Bare bones.

Next Season - from Dave Macintyre on Twitter on 13:53 - Apr 24 with 788 viewsbosh67

The thing about Washington is his pace. It is not utilised and hasn't been the entire time he has been here. He is the fastest player at the club since Wayne Fereday. But as we don't use width to get him in round the sides, or shove him wide, and don't allow players like Manning and Freeman to slip him in behind defences, his chances are often limited. That said he does have a compulsion quite often to shoot at the keeper. He is coming up 25, so no real age, we paid over the odds for him, but he has a good attitude and my feeling is that a change of style using our midfield talent better and with more angles would give him a lot more chances. But it is his pace that we consistently fail to utilise.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024